BaguaKicksAss

Living off grid

i know some of ya'll are following the off grid fb page and have seen this

This Is News, at least for me it was News Worthy and excellent to read and consider as i begin my day,

News isnt how some suicide bomber employed stupidity, News isnt about another 40,000 jobs lost,

all of that is commonplace, not interesting, tedious, B O R I N G

this however, Is News

http://www.offgridquest.com/life-stories/a-blind-man-and-his-armless-companion-pl  

• Like 8

This Is News, at least for me it was News Worthy and excellent to read and consider as i begin my day,

News isnt how some suicide bomber employed stupidity, News isnt about another 40,000 jobs lost,

this however, Is News

http://www.offgridquest.com/life-stories/a-blind-man-and-his-armless-companion-pl

for a post like this i would like a: thank you three times button  :)

• Like 1

this however, Is News

Freaking Awesome!

Thank you for sharing.

Some of you might be interested in this ( since there is one or two who often mention living off the land, doing it rough, giving up complexities and  being over controlling unfair authorities , etc. )

Charlie's Country. Been waiting to see it and did last night.  He does pretty good alone in the bush ... until he gets a bit sick, has a bad days hunting ... the rain sets in,  he gets sicker  and not well enough to hunt, which makes him weaker ... :(    ( bought back some intense  bad memories for me that bit ...  ) 

Anyway, it turns out better at the end  - thank God !   Its pretty intense with a lot of  extended,  emotive,close up shots of Gullpillil  ( he got a best actor award for it at Cannes). . . and sort of reflects his own story as well  ( and thousands like him) .

(For those that dont know him he came to fame at a young age in the movie Walkabout

walkabout1.jpg

They took him to England as everyone was amazed at his 'acting ability' ... actually, he wasn't acting ... people at functions and awards would say he seemed very nice and smiled a lot but didnt say much. They didnt realise, back then. he could not speak English. 

Another time, his agent was being admonished because David said he wouldnt be able to make a flight to the UK to meet a deadline for a part in a film. If he wants the job, tell him to get on a plane tomorrow. It wasnt that simple, the agent told them. he would have to travel a few hundred kilometers by car. Spend a day walking, swim across the flooded Alligator River, walk another half day to his home camp, get his passport , papers , cards  etc , come back the same way and then go to the airport  :wacko:

Anyway, if you want to go off grid

really  off grid ... better watch this first

• Like 1

I'll stay here at home, thank you.

Yeah .....    often, when its bad weather, I have flashbacks to my own time alone in the bush, during a massive flood, no way out and suffering bad food poisoning ... and probably some delirium  , having to sleep in the wet and mud,   ... for days and nights on end ... getting weaker and weaker ...    :(

Now,  I am  very thankful  for the shelter and warmth of my little cabin ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

thought i would bump this thread as all the gop candidates say that an EMP strike event is likely.

which means folks will be living off grid

a few by choice 

the masses not so much

I wonder what is the "grid"?

Is it merely the connection to electricity or gas or oil from major corporation/governments?

And what is "off-grid"?

Is it living outside of or without municipality?

Is it not using highways?

Is it not believing in education and entertainment from corporations?

Is "grid" = "modern civilization"?

Or is it just one product or service of that civilization system?

-VonKrankenhaus

i think for different individuals it is a different thing.

for anyone it is a move closer towards self-reliance imo

many here on the forum , if they visited me, may think i am off grid

at the same time, i am looking to go further off grid