Thunder_Gooch

Yin chi number 3

"Not until yin and yang are brought together can yin energy be directly perceived as our consciousness itself is 100% pure yang energy."

Wouldn't that be enough yang energy to feel the yin energy? 100% of our consciousness? Keeping in mind our consciousness in not limited to mind, there is also body consciousness (not as in being conscious of the body, but the consciousness that is in the body itself), energy body consciousness, etc., etc.,?

The mixing of heaven energy and earth energy begins on day one of practicing Stillness-Movement-- literally. Day two at the most, if the student is working alone from DVD.

• Like 1

The mixing of heaven energy and earth energy begins on day one of practicing Stillness-Movement-- literally. Day two at the most, if the student is working alone from DVD.

Yes, that was the impression that I had. Either way, am I going to go with the teaching of someone who has 10s of 1000s of hours of successful clinical work which is based on the nature of chi energy, or someone who quotes second-hand information about what another teacher has said, and has never been able to verify the absolutist statements he makes with this teacher, but only with, at best, one or two people who claimed to have studied with him -- again, telling him what they were taught, or just as likely, what they think he should practice and know about.

I don't see the point in continuing this.

Nobody is claiming that Michael Lomax teaches Mo Pai. No need to interrupt threads to stop this assumption. If you want to say "Mo Pai has a different opinion," fine, but don't interrupt or take over the discussions on Stillness-Movement to share this opinion. It's off the topic that people are trying to discuss and learn about, which is Stillness-Movement.

• Like 2

So which reliable source told you personally that you MUST be grounded with a metal wire?

Sitting down after standing practice is very grounding. I can see how that would bring yin chi to the person immediately, and I've felt something similar.

You say that yin chi can only be felt through yang chi... when you develop yang chi, you feel chi, so when yin chi comes, you feel it happen.

You said yourself: "yin chi cannot be felt till yin and yang are brought together, as the human consciousness itself is pure yang energy, and yin energy can only be felt indirectly by the interactions it causes with the yang chi of your consciousness until both yin and yang energy have been brought together."

If there's yang chi, there will be yin chi. Just as there is static electricity in the sky, the chi field will find you no matter where you are. The interactions of energy between the earth and sky are constant. It only makes sense that yin and yang chi fields are everywhere.

Airplane pilots have no yin chi I guess :ph34r:

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

So what you are saying, I think, is something like this:

The word "pitcher" might refer to a particular role on a baseball team or to a container for holding and pouring beverages. You feel it is appropriate and your duty to seek out people talking about beverage containers and shout over and over "That's not true! That's not a baseball player!!!"

If you asked, I suspect you would be surprised and disappointed by how few people on the forum really care what the mo pai definition of yin qi is, and even more so by the number who accept it as gospel truth. And frankly, I suspect most readers could recite your ideological mantra from memory by now so all you really accomplish is disruption of discussions to which you intend no meaningful contribution. Add to that that fact that your stance is illogical and is counter-scientific and I think you lose credibility even more (for you and for mo pai) with each subsequent post. Sometimes there is wisdom in recognizing when to stop digging...

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

"yin chi cannot be felt till yin and yang are brought together, ..."

Seems like paradox ... how can we bring yin & yang together, if we cant feel yin?

Well that's a good analogy but I don't think it's quite right.

The reality here is we have a well respected teacher claiming that his version of yin/earth chi, is the same as mo pai's version of earth/yin chi.

However his definition of what earth/yin chi is, how it behaves, etc is a 180 from mo pai's.

So someone here is wrong.

I don't think someone here is wrong necessarily, or in many such debates (this one is just a really good example). There are several different realities, several different ways to go about things, several different "universes" (for lack of a better word, you know what I mean :>). Hmm, I doubt SM calls their yin qi anything like MP yin qi... Perhaps different qi's or perhaps accessing different frequencies or whatever of said qi. Perhaps different qi's for different things? I know what you are saying, is all others are really variants of yang qi, but perhaps there are variants of this. A rainbow has more than black and white (OK red and white, whatever lol). Or the whole shades of grey thing... so many billion frequencies (and realities).

I practice magic (as everyone already knows I'm sure); and I've heard some folks say such and such path doesn't have any power (and I agree in some cases lol), however it is more about the person than the path. What I did realize in all this (as each of the two paths were saying the other didn't have any power) is that each could not perceive or feel the frequencies outside of what they worked with and what they were used to! I found this rather interesting, and actually experienced it myself. Perhaps it is sort of like some folks can walk under power line conductors or past the power stations and not feel a thing, where I get pretty messed up (confirmed by double blind accidental experiments unfortunately).

Imagine if you will a teacher said oh yes I watch pigs fly all the time, pigs are those things with feathers up in the trees that sing songs.

Then imagine another teacher said no those are birds, pigs don't fly or sing.

Then the first teacher made a statement all other teachers are talking about pigs when they are talking about the things with feathers and beaks that fly and sing.

:)

Neither I nor mo pai have ever had much credibility. The evidence that exists for it will never be accepted by the skeptics, and always be rejected as too incredible by the "believers".

Nothing I can say or do is ever going to change that, short of becoming a level 72 and forcing he worlds scientific and academic communities to rethink their paradigms.

I don't see that happening in this lifetime.

You are asking us to be able to allow, open up and dream enough to accept that the MoPai stuff is reality, yet you are now allowing yourself to accept that you can achieve this in a lifetime. You are perhaps selling yourself short. I'm one of those believe anything is *possible* and just put 100% effort in :). I also think that opening up and accepting what most feel is impossible is a good thing.

Every time this comes up I will continue to press the issue, till something somewhere gives. Either a new rule will be instituted and I banned or some people unplug their ears.

I think that perhaps the chances of you convincing TTBs about this particular Yin qi thing has about the same probability as the folks who come to my door with bibles convincing me to join them ;). Though I do remember my ex used to invite them in for tea and have long discussions with them. I did tend to feel a little sorry for them lolololol.

• Like 3

I can't ignore reality. In the schools history two individuals made it it to level 72.

Maybe a small handful throughout history past level 30.

I don't even have instruction to complete the second level.

I am trapped in a rat race, and I am not getting any younger.

So I don't think I'll get very far, but then again I don't think anyone else here will either.

That won't stop me from trying though.

Good :).

This is... unreadable to be honest.

Agreed, if anyone thinks they can tidy it (this thread) up and that the effort involved in doing that is worthwhile - then go for it :)

(the report relating to this was on page 2 :lol:)

• Like 2

No matter how much evidence I throw at the skeptics it will never be enough, and no matter how much evidence I have it's too unbelievable for the "believers", and evidence for them is actually undesirable anyway.

So it's a catch22.

In catch 22 didn't everyone go insane in order to cope with the insane situation?

I read Catch 22 in the last few years. I tried to read it at university because it was such a famous book, but I didn't believe anyone could actually act like that in real life, so I thought it was a stupid book ...

Now that I work for the government it totally makes sense and the only difference between my working reality and that book is that nobody is trying to shoot me!

• Like 4

Level 72 use of spoiler tags, nesting quotes, and nesting spoilers! Wow, tech is impressed! (you want my job? lol)

Though also a little concerned about how long this takes you to be able to post stuff....

Edit: please don't reply, don't want to see anyone waste that long replying to me just having some fun with this :).

the use of the red and green colors has me thinking about the holidays

and gifts

and the gifts that keep on giving

type of thing

• Like 4

Proof is in the pudding.

He might know everything about psychosomatic placebo based healing, and he might have logged hundreds of thousands of hours doing it, but that doesn't mean he knows jack about what mo pai is calling yin chi.

Placebo effects maybe 35-40% of patients in any given study that is placebo controlled. Ya Mu's healing techniques have a MUCH higher rate of effectiveness. When he is personally performing the healing, the effectiveness is nearly 100%. I've been to three of his healing seminars and have seen some very remarkable results first hand.

You're right, the proof is in the pudding.

• Like 3

Placebo effects maybe 35-40% of patients in any given study that is placebo controlled. Ya Mu's healing techniques have a MUCH higher rate of effectiveness. When he is personally performing the healing, the effectiveness is nearly 100%. I've been to three of his healing seminars and have seen some very remarkable results first hand.

You're right, the proof is in the pudding.

;)

• Like 2

"I quote two of Chang's western students both who confirm what was taught.
Where exactly do you think your mighty teacher learned his practice?
That's right he learned from another teacher, a second hand source.
This whole nonsense about second hand sources is absurd, and only reflects your refusal to admit you are wrong.
Rather than admit that is what was taught you can only attempt to discredit it by saying it's hearsay or a second hand source, when both Jim and Kosta learned exactly the same thing
."

Yes, two students, not two teachers of Mo Pai.

Anyways, it makes sense that most wouldn't feel yin chi. When you're low frequency, you don't feel other low frequency around you. Not until you reach high frequency that low frequency becomes "different." On a more basic level, the energy of intellectual knowledge -- it seems "ah, this is knowledge" when one hasn't reached high frequency. When one does reach high frequency, they FEEL that the intellectual bullshitism is low frequency, while spiritual "gnowledge (a la gnostic)" is high frequency. What does this mean to someone in low frequncy intellectual bullshitism mode? jack shit, because they don't know and live and experience the high frequency spiritual "gnowledge". "High is valued according to the low, low measured according to high."

So to be taught "you can't feel yin energy unless you have yang chi" makes perfect sense in almost all cases of anyone asking John Chang about it, since the people he's talking to are not asking from the higher frequencies, thus his answer would rightly be "you don't feel it. You have to cultivate yang chi first." simple.

• Like 2

The reason why the "Mo Pai Yin qi" won't be accepted by folks is that the best theory for it comes from Kostas books which is second hand information fictionalised. I doubt the people of the lineage will come to enlighten us on it anytime soon. While JC may be impressive there is not even guarantee that we are talking about things as it's taught in Indonesia. The indoor students might even have vastly different ideas than were given to westerners.

Edited by xor
  • Like 2

A statement you made earlier, MPG, troubled me. You said mo pai gets no respect or words to that effect. While there certainly seems to be a magnetic attraction between Mo Pai threads and The Pit, I personally think the system is very interesting and those I have encountered who have first-hand experience with it speak highly of the system's power-generating abilities. If I have said anything to suggest that I, personally, do not hold the system in high regard, please take this as an apology! We have had spirited interaction over the topic of the nature of yin qi but that wasn't meant to disparage the system itself.

I really know little about mo pai, though, beyond what I have read here and heard from those I've met here. Seems you have been at it for a while now. How many hours a day do you practice?

• Like 2

My question is why should the mo pai get "respect" anyhow? Especially when the number 1 promoter keeps barreling into every single thread that mentions yin chi and trolls it right off course into a land of no return? A student has no authority to teach, define, or speak for or about the system he is in UNTIL the master gives the magic wand wave soooooooo... That about sums it up :) oh and something to keep in mind is that if someone wants to direct the 'whole' then often times they will use extremes but those extremes usually don't stick when dealing with 1 on 1 teachings.

• Like 2