Marblehead

Anarchy - A Way of Living

folks that need a law and a no littering sign and the threat of a fine to prevent them from throwing trash out their car window probably do need laws. if the only thing preventing some from robbing their neighbors is some laws against larceny, again these type of folks are something to consider.....

it is the state that intentionally dis-empowers people and some folks go along with that and some do not. those that do not are the anarchists who choose to remain empowered of their own talents and merits. and creatively, it is challenging to navigate around all the non-anarchists.

So would you say that we can be anarchists doing good deeds that haven't been enforced on us? No one had to teach me to be nice to my neighbour. In fact, it was rules that made me want to rebel. If people didn't lecture me, I wouldn't feel as patronised and therefore, would just go about my day in a calmer, happier and giving state.

My view is that we are naturally good people anyway. A baby laughs...feels genuine happiness and goodness. It's only societies that distort morality to the point in that we NEED to have laws in place...

• Like 2

So don't rebel by being miserable and hurtful or breaking rules just to see if you can. Rebel by being smarter, happier, more virtuous and altogether better. There's an unwritten rule that you can't do it and you might have to be a little crazy to try.

• Like 3

law and hierarchy are invalid

this just sets up conditions for the abuse of power

system is always hypocritical, so you are either chosen or damned.

anarchist do not believe in the providence of such hypocritical invalid systems

and are deeply suspicious of all hierarchy

the anarchist will not resign or submit themself to these evils

when you meet the buddha, kill the buddha

• Like 1

I know what youre talking about though ,but that kind of social instinct isnt sufficient when large numbers of people are collected.

Try driving to work without streetlights and traffic signals.

Law , ,,yes stuff gets written down etc, but its a fungible concept

invalidity ,,, also conceptual, it requires the a concept which is not in accord with the way things actually are.

Hypocritical , ,,again , its a conceptual expectation that a person is supposed to fit expectations imposed.

chosen-damned ,, , heck compared to most of the world this joint is paradise, perspective based

anarchist,,,, well unless yall are identical , the application of outlined principle is going to vary and therefore it is fungible

suspicious,, , well thats up to you ,( but the system which you outlined is either predictable as outlined, or its not, which would invalidate your description , if it IS predictable , then theres no need for suspicion,, just wise action)

resignation , well ,either you are changing the system with the opportunities presented ,OR you deal with it as it is , but keep yourself upset about it.

The system isnt a buddha and thats just a cryptic phrase without conclusive meaning you dont impose and even if a person has the sentiment of certainty what it means such certainty is not embedded in the phrase.

And rebellion about stuff you cant change is foolhardy ,, BECAUSE IT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING except your day, for the worse... which isnt being smart or virtuous.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

why do you keep thinking an anarchist is upset? anarchists are cheerful, it is the ones who feel confined to their system that show signs of being upset. upset at their political leaders, upset with the economy or national debt,or whatever. upset that some welfare mom may get a baloney sandwich for herself and her kids for lunch, upset that some one may be getting high or enjoying themselves carefree at the expense of the middle class? anarchist really could care less. the rich are fine in my book too unless they happen to be bankers.

when in fact the rich totally support the poor and it is the middle class that is the sheep that will be slaughtered by the rich. the poor don't care. however it turns out they will still be poor. it is predictable, always has been. the only ones with blinders on being led to the meat house are the ones who faithfully believe this system will continue to work for them. Iceland jailed their political leaders and bankers and have they suffered becoz of those actions? or have they benefitted from those actions?

"March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream."

not being able to drive without streetlights? I have headlights of my own. and the roads I drive on don't have signals,

signs, , the signifiers often are false. I did drive in a country for 15 months that did not have any traffic laws, I survived, I did see a couple of accidents where the involved got out and duked it out to settle it. I admit this would be a unsavory situation, and I do carry car insurance even if summer b4 last I drove without a tag all summer. minor protest and experiment.

there will still be plenty of fungible as per agreements between individuals and not handed down as some edict from up on high.

and I trust the word of my bookie over the word and handshake of any banker.

the distinction drawn here may be that despite the "ilegaility" the bookie may be involved with he is still honorable to our agreement, where as the banker , even with the laws that he writes that supports him, still cannot be trusted to keep his end of the bargain.

"you cant change" this is the illusion the invalid system hopes that you buy into. there is change going on. little victories and wise action over time will transform into a new age.

I agree I am in anarchy paradise already. wise action is stepping away from the system in place as it is now. the current system is unsustainable and will doom itself. no anarchist will ever have to bring about the change. anarchist recognize that the change is already underway and the system is in fear and that is why it is trying to bring about such draconian measures. we all know where sheep end up, do we not? where do you think the globesity is heading?

I have stepped away long ago. decades.

I will add that I do feel that a govt might be necessary if they would be the counter balance to corporate crime world but in reality they are in collusion with. joeblast talks about crony capitalism. I agree that it would be refreshing to see how capitalism without the cronyism corruption crime would be. but we will never know. it has all been set up by the cronies, it is invalid, it will not last. however calculating and evil the hierarchal corporate laws are, things do cycle thru. it would be better if we get a 1688 resolution than a 1788 one imo.. but if we don't get one we will get the other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

I see we still haven't settled the issue of the difference between an angry anarchist and a peaceful anarchist. But that's okay, I guess. There are people in both categories.

Yes, traffic lights are needed on most roads with heavy traffic. That way, at some point, everyone gets to go.

And sheep need a protector else the wolves will over-eat and become obese. If the sheep roamed free they would be much harder for the wolves to catch. But then, I likely wouldn't be able to have lamb chops for supper tonight.

• Like 1

Well so be it, Zero, I really dont have anything really to say on the subject that I havent already.

MMmmm lamb chops :) I think Ill skip the pine cones tonight.

• Like 1

thank you for sharing your perspectives stosh,

and for allowing me to share mine. rich bums get lamb chops and a poor bum gets pine cones,

but its alright in the great scheme of things. i am happy with wool socks and sweater,

and i probably miss the olive drab wool blanket as much as marblehead does.

its a fantastic autumn evening here in anarchist appalachia

but maybe the wind too chilly for you florida bums,,,

where is my scarf,,,,,

Yeah, Zero. The are where you live has a lot of anarchists even though they would never think of calling themselves such.

No, I don't miss my OD blanket. And yes, it would be too cold for me up there this time of year.

There is an old saying I haven't heard or seen in print much lately: Live and let live. That's anarchy too.

I still have my Army scarf and cap with neck and ear flaps. Just in case, you know.

• Like 1

Well zero, the weather I have now is mild and lightly cool. My sliding glass door stays open 24/7

Ilike the cool and the hot the rain and the dry all with a modicum of accommodation.. heck I even like the hurricane season! So long as there is weather, and I'm not freezing or boiling its all good. While I have my druthers , the weather never drops me below baseline anymore, but I didn't always look at it that way.. no-sirree! The clouds bummed me out and the heat was an annoyance to be lamented.

I haven't seen that weather up there in a long time now.

• Like 1

That video^^^ is well worth watching...

If followed this would be the end of the cop and court TV dramas.

• Like 2

Anarchist drivers - RAGE AGAINST THE TRAFFIC LIGHT. WE DON'T NEED TRAFFIC LIGHTS...THEY'RE CORRUPT ANYWAY!

Haha, point taken :) Good example of people needing to be led. That being said, I don't know any anarchists that drive.

Haha, point taken :) Good example of people needing to be led. That being said, I don't know any anarchists that drive.

I drive. I follow the rules (most of the time).

What is corrupt are the cameras that are mounted on the same poles that the traffic lights are mounted on.

I drive. I follow the rules (most of the time).

What is corrupt are the cameras that are mounted on the same poles that the traffic lights are mounted on.

Oh , yeah ! , I have to go through a few of those sin-tax machines every time I leave the house!

I think a foreign company contracts that onerous tidbit of the system.

( notice the irony - the concept of 'sin' --removes the opposition to what is essentially a burden to the people who drive ) Everybody and every cop knows that traffic laws are broken by virtually everyone, virtually every day ,, and take it as suspicious if you drive below the speed limit.

Edited by Stosh

Yeah, you can even get a ticket for driving too slowly. It's called obstructing traffic.

"Sin-tax" Nice way of putting it. Hehehe.

You you folks down there have a rediculous bunch of toll roads too. We up here voted out all of ours.

Anarchy is a way of life, it isn't a rebellion. We proudly pay our fair share. But we get annoyed when the wealthy are allowed to not pay their fair share. And. of course, we don't care much for our ineffective bureaucracy. So many wasted resources!

• Like 3

"Anarchy is a way of life, it isn't a rebellion."

i agree. and a rebellion or revolution just looks to replace the current establishment with a new one.

the anarchist will not recognize any establishment.

its interesting when the rebel becomes part of the establishment. as often is the case, the rebel turns out to be worse than the first.

and there are certainly times when my anarchy lifestyle puts me afoul of law enforcement and they place me in 'time out' LOL or levy a fine on me.((and perhaps in these moments i will meet other anarchists!!))) which is fine and acceptable from my pov. i still will not allow my choice of lifestyle to be dictated from some edict from up high, that would be unnatural and absurd. so it is an ebb and flow type of thing.

the anarchist is an Individual.

the anarchist is an Individual.

True that is.

Don't be getting yourself in trouble when you go out amongst society. Remember, Lao Tzu said that if you avoid the tiger it won't be eating you. (Well, something like that.)

Avoid the conflicts and there will be no conflicts.

That's why I rarely leave my property. No conflicts here.

• Like 2

did any of ya'll ever play a game called 'follow the leader'?

i never did heheh

most of you know that while i espouse the wisdom of rousseau, emerson, thoreau, and the dadaists,, and apply those ideals into my daily life,,,,,my anarchy is much about art , art trumps all really, time is art etc

I don't know. When I was a kid I was obligated to do many things I never would have done on my own.

Apparently my teachers weren't very effective as I have forgotten everything they told me.

I have this memory of playing 'duck, duck, go' in kindergarten and almost crying because no one would pick me, then being ecstatic when someone actually did. Those kinds of games are important for building an understanding of team work, imo. Watch kids play 'follow the leader' and you realize it's vastly different from the way adults play the game.

Aaron

edit- Not sure if this is what you were talking about Zerostao.

Edited by Aaron

good point aaron, kids are truer to a pure nature than adults, perhaps.

@mh, isnt forgetting a Taoist ideal or something?

@mh, isnt forgetting a Taoist ideal or something?

You can bet your ass on that one.

The only way we can be totally in the present is to totally forget the past and not concern ourself with the future. If we do good today we will have laid solid foundations for tomorrow and it will take care of itself when we get there.

• Like 2

OK I'll bite , how is time art?

I had to play that duck duck goose game too , and don't recall it fondly either.

While those kids games might teach something important , I have no idea what those things would be. The same goes for school team sports. They seem to Employ lessons we gather elsewhere rather than teach. Consider Incognito , after finding out he could.get in the other guys head, decides to use that to torture his own teammate. Being that both of them have been involved in sports for quite a long time,, it appears they haven't learned anything that the sports are credited with teaching.The same goes for Lance Armstrong, Mike Tyson Tiger Woods and a great many others.

Of sports heros the number of them who exhibit fine character appears quite small. Whereas the little old lady sorting books in the library is a standard stereotype

Edited by Stosh