Wells

The Highest Level Of Immortality

I would respond, but I don't know what you are talking about as usual

The Illusory Body is not in Bon as the Illusory body is imperfect, there are still atoms that remain and it is not rainbow body.

If you had read the quotes keeping the bolding in mind, you would have seen that the Guylu, although it is mistaken for the rainbow body is not the rainbow body, that the Gyulu is not permanent, that it is not a goal of pure Dzogchen and that Tenzin Namdak has pointed that out.

Therefore, it is erroneous to say that "Bon has illusory body" as you have said because Tenzin Namdak has clearly segragated and divorced this concept from the pure Bon teaching.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Anyways, we are talking about Rainbow Body and techniques to convert the material body into pure energy and fuse it with our spiritual being. :)

Illusory Body shall not be the topic in this thread. ;)

if you understand what an actual rainbow is, you would understand that this is just another allegory --explaining a myth.

if you understand what an actual rainbow is, you would understand that this is just another allegory --explaining a myth.

Lol, what?

To answer the OP....
In accordance with Taoist mythology, that is when a Taoist had been cultivated to a point that the soul had left the body and went to heaven.

because Tenzin Namdak has clearly segragated and divorced this concept from the pure Bon teaching.

Bon is not same as Dzogchen.

Bon includes sutra, tantra, Dzogchen etc.

Don't waste my time with your typical bullshit misunderstandings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shardza_Tashi_Gyaltsen

Shardza Tashi Gyaltsen (Tibetan: ཤར་རྫ་བཀྲ་ཤིས་རྒྱལ་མཚན, Wylie: shar rdza bkra shis rgyal mtshan) (1859 - 1933[1] or 1935[2]) was a great Dzogchen master of the Tibetan Bon tradition who not only took Bon disciples but gathered disciples from all traditions of Tibetan Buddhism.[3] According to tradition, he famously realized the rainbow body.

Hmmm....some practices seem to have a ridicolously higher success rate to reach Level "73" = rain bow body than for example Mo Pai, (which produced ZERO rainbow bodies so far) or Taoist Alchemy!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Every second monk in Tibet seem to achieve it casually, for christ's sake! :angry:

• Like 1

SonOfTheGods, on 18 Oct 2013 - 13:40, said:snapback.png

Lol, what?

rainbow - the colour spectrum - each colour contains a differing frequency

rainbow is round but we only see half

there's a lot said right there

SonOfTheGods, on 18 Oct 2013 - 13:40, said:snapback.png

rainbow - the colour spectrum - each colour contains a differing frequency

rainbow is round but we only see half

there's a lot said right there

beat-around-the-bush.jpg

If you have anything worth saying, say it. :glare:

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Bon is not same as Dzogchen.

Bon includes sutra, tantra, Dzogchen etc.

Don't waste my time with your typical bullshit misunderstandings.

Alwaysoff,

Golly, did I say that Bon was Dzogchen? I am talking about Bon Dzogchen.

I realize fully well that Bon masters often include other shamanic practices in their books, but they clearly specify that it is not Dzogchen.

Again, you pulled a sentence out of context and drew some crazy conclusion.

I am discussing "BON DZOGCHEN". Bon Dzogchen is neither sutra nor tantra as per Tenzin Namdak as per his quote, and from what I can tell, the development of the illusory body Gyulu is tantra, transforming prana sheaths into an impermanent light vehicle.

But you bring up an interesting point. You have implied that because Bon contains sutra and tantra that there is a teaching in Bon to develop the Gyulu (Illusory Body).

Where exactly does it say this?

I have been checking all my Bon books and I can find no reference to this.

I find it hard to believe that any Bon Dzogchen master would try to divert the student and teach how to create an illusory body instead of a rainbow body.

Perhaps you could explain exactly what you meant when you said "The illusory body is in Bon as well".

And please qualify, OLD BON. Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche, not new-age Dzogchen as per Padmasambhava/Garab Dorje..

:)

TI,

The problem is that you seem not to understand basic English because you mix in all your own weird views.

This is like when you said the Dalai Lama dropped Tsongkhapa all over again.

TI,

The problem is that you seem not to understand basic English because you mix in all your own weird views.

This is like when you said the Dalai Lama dropped Tsongkhapa all over again.

Watzamater, can't answer my questions?

You said Bon has Illusory body. Prove it.

Watzamater, can't answer my questions?

You said Bon has Illusory body. Prove it.

Its in your own quote genius.

How many times do I have to say it?

Edited by RongzomFan

beat-around-the-bush.jpg

If you have anything worth saying, say it. :glare:

Your bush looks an awful lot like a Night Shade and before I got the whole "beat around the bush," I thought you were implying that SOG was dipping a little bit too much into the Gypsum Weed. Sorry, off subject... continue.

• Like 2

This all reminds me so much of Star Wars...when Yoda passes into the force... he does not even attempt to be an immortal, as it is not "the way of the force." He lives a long time, teaches many, and leaves physical existence.

It seems to me, that all things anywhere conceivable us, animals, clouds, skies, earth, heaven, the beyond, different dimensions...they are all aspects of varying degrees of density of energy, of chi. Possibly continuously being and becoming through the dynamic effects of yin and yang from the microcosmic level to the beyond known universe level, beyond what anyone anywhere in the farthest reaches of all realms has or ever will see. Pure conjecture of course...but how far can you take the idea? And after we realize all that is to be known, all that is to learned, all that can be done, even after we satisfy every single desire, what then?

I have seen many speckles or dots of light from time to time, when I am simply at peace with myself and am still. My mind isn't churning, it is simply aware. The colors I see often are blue, red, white/gold, and green.... not sure what this means from a scientific/wavelength point of view compared with a superstitious unproven theory point of view.... but the more I learn and discover, the more I see that both prove one another to be sides of the same truth, regardless of what it is. My heart is full of curiosity and my mind loves to be able to explain things. They both are united in the same quest.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

This all reminds me so much of Star Wars...when Yoda passes into the force... he does not even attempt to be an immortal, as it is not "the way of the force." He lives a long time, teaches many, and leaves physical existence.

It seems to me, that all things anywhere conceivable us, animals, clouds, skies, earth, heaven, the beyond, different dimensions...they are all aspects of varying degrees of density of energy, of chi. Possibly continuously being and becoming through the dynamic effects of yin and yang from the microcosmic level to the beyond known universe level, beyond what anyone anywhere in the farthest reaches of all realms has or ever will see. Pure conjecture of course...but how far can you take the idea? And after we realize all that is to be known, all that is to learned, all that can be done, even after we satisfy every single desire, what then?

I have seen many speckles or dots of light from time to time, when I am simply at peace with myself and am still. My mind isn't churning, it is simply aware. The colors I see often are blue, red, white/gold, and green.... not sure what this means from a scientific/wavelength point of view compared with a superstitious unproven theory point of view.... but the more I learn and discover, the more I see that both prove one another to be sides of the same truth, regardless of what it is. My heart is full of curiosity and my mind loves to be able to explain things. They both are united in the same quest.

Thoughts?

I see blue many times a day, though I am also sitting in full lotus at all times unless I am sleeping- even then, I can nap for a long time in that position. The kundalini flow is constant

The absurdity of the content on this forum.

Haha! I thought that you meant that when reading your previous comment! ;)

Edited by Dorian Black

Thoughts?

The Yoda example is awesome.

Different strokes for different folks. Forceful methods do have their hazards. Why force what's natural?

Where do you think George Lucas got the idea for "the force" and "Yoda" ?? ;)

Right, I know. I get it. I was just saying...thats the only example I've ever seen albeit, in a movie, of what was being discussed. I don't have very many "spiritual" friends...or "spiritual" family members, my points of reference are my own experiences and my own gained knowledge. It seems that one could enter into Mantak Chia entire "Universal Tao" system if they were so inclined to become such an immortal. I dunno...I've not looked to hard into it. It may be total junk.

Where do you think George Lucas got the idea for "the force" and "Yoda" ?? ;)

I heard it was Aikido.