mjjbecker

What High Level Energetic Practices Do You Recommend?

Sorry to interfere but the only way for you to come to your own conclusions about the worth of a system is through your experiences with it.

Someone else's can never be a meaningful substitute.

Just sayin'

I disagree. I had already pretty powerful chi experiences with a great system.

Therefore I have something to measure other's people's experiences with other systems with.

• Like 1

This glow of the energybody is what I saw in England

when doing Tree Qigong outside.

The glow is something I could see after the Water Fu

you took in Finnland which lessen the burden.

The glow of the energybody seem to be aweseome

charateristic of this lineage of LIGHT.

I also see this after practise on me.

I understand it so:

If his body had not been harmed by the insane time....

can you imagine his level of development then?

This means he could do the same as Wim Hof.

Despite of his damaged body.

Cold Water for three minutes is enough to raise cortisol.

To lower the stress means to be extremly calm.

A monk come to duel him in sitting?

So a society man wins against someone who go out of society?

This demonstrate that cultivating in society is not less then in monastry.

When it is done correctly.

"So a society man wins against someone who go out of society?

When it is done correctly."

I just wanted to emphasize your words here. So many have this unfounded opinion that we must quit society and go meditate in a cave in order to progress. It simply is not true - proper qigong practice is meant for everyone in all walks of society and CAN be implemented by most anyone in any type of environment.

I'll admit that I do have an aversion to cites and prefer peace & quiet & nature in the country, but do go to them regularly and do qigong. And many of my students are doing quite well in cities.

One point is that if everyone was walking in harmony through their qigong practice the whole world would change drastically.

I 'allowed' the walking qigong to 'kick in' a couple of times today when I wanted to get past people. I was feeling tired, given four and a bit hours sleep and have just done a full days work (courtesy of the absurd day juggling that goes on with every public holiday over here). It wasn't 'normal' energy, pushing from the legs. My intent went to dantien and at one point it felt like the old descriptions of masters whose feet didn't touch the ground. The feet were touching the ground, (and my head was not in the clouds), but the 'push off' was almost effortless. Like an easy glide.

Yes, preconceived notions indeed (the great problem of the 'Information Age' being a lot of people are only taking shallow draughts and are indeed getting very intoxicated as a result). There's nothing like a few thousand hours of practice to answer questions. Really, there is nothing like a few thousand hours of practice-because words will never do it, and like with all experiences, the intellectually imagined scenario cannot compare with real experience.

Like I tell my kids at the college, the answer is easy: Practice, practice, practice. And when you've finished that, do some more. All other words are just reassurances. Practice is the answer.

Now I must go back to sorting out my computer problems before the thing crashes again...

Ah, really good. The "kick in" is phenomenal and also similar glide in the Stillness-Movement running qigong. "Lightness" in the running qigong IS "at one point it felt like the old descriptions of masters whose feet didn't touch the ground" this feeling of gliding. I dreamed it before I learned it and before I was able to do it.

Doing the Stillness-Movement walking prepares one for the running qigong.

• Like 5

One point is that if everyone was walking in harmony through their qigong practice the whole world would change drastically.

+1

I haven't been to a class yet, but I think stillness-movement is a great way to do that.

• Like 2

I'll admit that I do have an aversion to cites and prefer peace & quiet & nature in the country, but do go to them regularly and do qigong. And many of my students are doing quite well in cities.

Michael,

what is now missing is that a monastry wants to learn the methods.

Traditions are sadly dieing out or become so hidden that it is difficult

to trace them in a monastry. Good example is Shaolin at Songshan.

• Like 1

"So a society man wins against someone who go out of society?

When it is done correctly."

I just wanted to emphasize your words here. So many have this unfounded opinion that we must quit society and go meditate in a cave in order to progress. It simply is not true - proper qigong practice is meant for everyone in all walks of society and CAN be implemented by most anyone in any type of environment.

Ah, really good. The "kick in" is phenomenal and also similar glide in the Stillness-Movement running qigong. "Lightness" in the running qigong IS "at one point it felt like the old descriptions of masters whose feet didn't touch the ground" this feeling of gliding. I dreamed it before I learned it and before I was able to do it.

Doing the Stillness-Movement walking prepares one for the running qigong.

Living in a city can provide the opportunity for much cultivation. Non-attachment in particular. There is constant provocation of the senses and emotions, and it provides constant training in not being attached to these things. To be in the moment and not to grasp at imagined attacks to the ego or sensory stimulation.

http://movieclips.com/vH3L-remo-williams-the-adventure-begins-movie-walking-on-water/

;)

Seriously, I found it kicking in today, and without obvious conscious intent to do so. I wanted to move quickly and off it went. I wasn't thinking 'I must do qigong walking', it was quite natural. It would be interesting to incorporate this into martial arts practice. I believe this is what the old Xing Yi and Ba Gua masters did.

One last thing. Standing Stillness Movement. :)

• Like 4

Dorian, you heard about the old guy in China who got enlightened by doing hand circles every day? And the old guy in India who got enlightened by chanting Rama as he went about his business everyday?

Uhm, no. :)

Is there a DVD or book that teaches this Gift of the Tao running qigong? I am VERY interested in learning this.

No book or DVD for this.

I'd suggest a PM to Ya Mu to find out more about it.

Hi Panda, it is an advanced form. Come to a workshop to experience the lineage vibration. Practice for a while. Break through some deeper blockages. Get the channels flowing more clearly. Then, put into practice the lightness technique inherent in a move of Gift of the Tao II. :)

Several Bums will be at the Hilton Head workshop in November, BTW...

:)

• Like 3

Living in a city can provide the opportunity for much cultivation. Non-attachment in particular. There is constant provocation of the senses and emotions, and it provides constant training in not being attached to these things. To be in the moment and not to grasp at imagined attacks to the ego or sensory stimulation.

http://movieclips.com/vH3L-remo-williams-the-adventure-begins-movie-walking-on-water/

;)

Seriously, I found it kicking in today, and without obvious conscious intent to do so. I wanted to move quickly and off it went. I wasn't thinking 'I must do qigong walking', it was quite natural. It would be interesting to incorporate this into martial arts practice. I believe this is what the old Xing Yi and Ba Gua masters did.

One last thing. Standing Stillness Movement. :)

Yes, after one "gets it" it will be on the same level as "Listening"; it can just happen when needed, without effort.

Standing Stillness-Movement is simply one of the more awesome things I personally have experienced in life. I remember initially I didn't like the standing as much as the sitting Stillness-Movement and didn't practice it as often - a big mistake on my part which was corrected after Master Wang kept gently asking me about my progress with the standing.

Is there a DVD or book that teaches this Gift of the Tao running qigong? I am VERY interested in learning this.

The running qigong is an advanced part of Stillness-Movement practice. The walking qigong is a part that is taught within the basic training but requires practice.

No DVD's on this. The Gift of the Tao does have prerequisite training for running qigong as was pointed out by RV.

Basically a person can start out with the Gift of the Tao, attend Stillness-Movement training, practice, then demonstrate over a period of time that they are the type of person who can handle advanced training, THEN I will teach them running qigong. But that said, if a person attends just one workshop and diligently practices Stillness-Movement & Gift of the Tao, demonstates to the universe an achievement of virtue, then the underpinning for the running qigong is there. At that point it would take only a week or so to teach it; BUT at that point is the beginning, like starting over, as the techniques of running qigong each take some time to master. And there are 4 publicly talked about techniques within running qigong.

The walking qigong mjjbecker speaks of is a good starting point for the running as certain elements are there. But it is a complete other system after one masters the walking and the walking utilizes elements of Gift of Tao and Stillness-Movement.

• Like 3

Yes, after one "gets it" it will be on the same level as "Listening"; it can just happen when needed, without effort.

Standing Stillness-Movement is simply one of the more awesome things I personally have experienced in life. I remember initially I didn't like the standing as much as the sitting Stillness-Movement and didn't practice it as often - a big mistake on my part which was corrected after Master Wang kept gently asking me about my progress with the standing.

The running qigong is an advanced part of Stillness-Movement practice. The walking qigong is a part that is taught within the basic training but requires practice.

No DVD's on this. The Gift of the Tao does have prerequisite training for running qigong as was pointed out by RV.

Basically a person can start out with the Gift of the Tao, attend Stillness-Movement training, practice, then demonstrate over a period of time that they are the type of person who can handle advanced training, THEN I will teach them running qigong. But that said, if a person attends just one workshop and diligently practices Stillness-Movement & Gift of the Tao, demonstates to the universe an achievement of virtue, then the underpinning for the running qigong is there. At that point it would take only a week or so to teach it; BUT at that point is the beginning, like starting over, as the techniques of running qigong each take some time to master. And there are 4 publicly talked about techniques within running qigong.

The walking qigong mjjbecker speaks of is a good starting point for the running as certain elements are there. But it is a complete other system after one masters the walking and the walking utilizes elements of Gift of Tao and Stillness-Movement.

I'd add you have to be careful. I applied something Michael told me about the running qigong while I was walking and nearly got bowled off my feet. The burst of power was such. Careful, orderly practice is the name of the game.

• Like 2

"...Careful, orderly practice is the name of the game."

Oh Yes!

These practices are too powerful to screw around with. I suggest to anyone considering them to either practice with sobriety and good intentions, or go play with something else if you want to play. Never try to get ahead of oneself, allow to unfold naturally, and never try to take bits of this practice and apply to something else. "Careful, orderly practice" indeed; or don't do.

• Like 2

I would like to bump this old topic and ask...has anyone found anything else?

All I do is basic tai chi (about to go to first meeting) and this once per day. I am not celibate currently so I do this before I masturbate, to use the 24 hour of semen retention.

https://ausar.org/2017/10/04/high-level-meditation-to-fill-the-body-with-heavenly-energy-and-awaken-the-latent-powers-of-the-brain/

I pasted the link to the article as the video isn't 100% clear on the correct breathe sequence.

This breathing and meditation technique above, when I can nail it properly, gives me the most deepest profound meditation I have ever come across, as well as a nice feeling throughout the remainder few hours. I have been learning it off by heart slowly, will probably start retaining semen soon and perform it twice a day.

I would be interested to know where it comes from, it seems to be neither Flying Phoenix or Sunn Yee Gong, but has the breathe retention contained in both systems.

• Like 1

These days my primary practice is Buddhist insight/mindfulness meditation with some supplimentary yoga and health qigong, and a little mantra. 

I do the mediation for peace of mind, the yoga and qigong to help me sit in meditation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shortstuff said:

I would be interested to know where it comes from, it seems to be neither Flying Phoenix or Sunn Yee Gong, but has the breathe retention contained in both systems.

It actually does come from flying phoenix. :) have fun 

• Like 1