deci belle

edit timer?

Rofl, im not talking about the moderators. I doubt the moderators even enacted this new rule

Im talking about the owners of ttb if that isnt obvious. Surely not the moderators.

Notice I mentioned the word property

There can be more than one owner/ financially invested person

Do it yourself if it is that important for you skydog. Do your best not to depend on someone else for your happiness.

That is a good example, skydog, thanks!

Can you tell now how you could see that post as inappropriate some time later?

I see what this is, talking to me like some Idiot.

"Maybe one day I will develop the level of sensitivity"

I know this was sarcastic.

But honestly when I feel attacked, like I normally feel attacked because I am sensitive eg "Im just a lazy bum who wont work, when really Im extremely sensitive"

It makes me very angry, and I attack people back, yes I know it is disharmonious.

"Make sure you dont depend on someone else for your happiness"

Seriously what kind of a comment was this?

I see what this is, talking to me like some Idiot.

"Maybe one day I will develop the level of sensitivity"

I know this was sarcastic.

But honestly when I feel attacked, like I normally feel attacked because I am sensitive eg "Im just a lazy bum who wont work, when really Im extremely sensitive"

It makes me very angry, and I attack people back, yes I know it is disharmonious.

"Make sure you dont depend on someone else for your happiness"

Seriously what kind of a comment was this?

1. You asked the mods to ban you. You said it would make you happy.

I said: we don't have to ban you, you can just leave if you feel this is right for you. This is your freedom.

If it makes you happy not to be at TTBs, juts do it yourself.

2. You are saying that people don't have the required level of sensitivity to understand you. So I am only asaking you to forgive me if what I wrote did not manifest the level of sensitivity to be a good enough reply to your post. It was not a sarcasm, although i can see now, how it could be taken this way.

3. You are saying that your example of harsh post is disharmonious. Don't you think it could be beneficial to members to see an harmonious post from you about the disharmonious post you made? That was my point. No one will judge you, because no one can. We don't know who you are really.

TTB is just Protecting their theft of our intellectual property. Plain and simple.

No, It's really not about that, believe me. The rule popped up from exchanges the mod team and the co-admin (who as far s I know doesn't own the boards) had about posts vanishing. There is no conspiracy about intellectual property.

I am sorry. I am leaving this interesting discussion for now.

Take care everyone!

• Like 1

I am not concerned about people judging me as much as I am

What I write affects my energy,

Most people dont even believe it is true though.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Self-editing comments and leaving blank windows is at least the best a bum can do to avoid getting in trouble, but at least they took the opportunity to do the right thing.

Barring self-editing is a good way to unmistakably attribute inappropriate content.

If that were the issue, I'd let the bad guys go …they usually end up hanging themselves anyway.

I'm probably the only one who actually makes detailed edit notes~ not that I list every little thing…

• Like 1

Here's something in favor of this rule:

thetaoiseasy has made some epic - life changing - posts over the past year. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he decided to go back and edit them all. I was looking forward to re-reading some of them the other day and now all I see is: .

A rule like this prevents a mass purge of posts. You know what, if you don't like something you said/posted, then don't post it in the first place. Regret isn't a place you should be living in.

Here's something in favor of this rule:

thetaoiseasy has made some epic - life changing - posts over the past year. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he decided to go back and edit them all. I was looking forward to re-reading some of them the other day and now all I see is: .

A rule like this prevents a mass purge of posts. You know what, if you don't like something you said/posted, then don't post it in the first place. Regret isn't a place you should be living in.

... nor is the past (a place you should be living in).

... nor is the past (a place you should be living in).

His posts were timeless. The concepts could be applied to today, tomorrow, for years to come.

I do not edit posts to avoid getting into trouble or saying bad things.

It is only one of the ten reasons I edit my posts.

There are many many reasons.

The edited post in your thread for example was because anything I said would be reframed to make me look like Im stupid/we were probably saying the same thing but using different language/I dont feel like arguing with ten people.

The taoiseasy edited his posts to remove energy from his past thats what I feel anyways, yeh sure its annoying, but I also feel similar urges, I removed all of my posts in the past too, It may seem strange to understand, but the intuition is not logical, it is a completely different realm of logic.

His posts were timeless. The concepts could be applied to today, tomorrow, for years to come.

His posts were not timeless.....they were time-limited because he had the freedom to choose.

Would you have had the opportunity to have read them at all if he had not had that freedom at the time that he chose to make these posts?

• Like 1

His posts were not timeless.....they were time-limited because he had the freedom to choose.

Would you have had the opportunity to have read them at all if he had not had that freedom at the time that he chose to make these posts?

This is the one and only time I'm going to say this.

Perception is everything.

To me his posts were timeless. They were a gift. Don't superimpose your perspective onto me. Got it? Thanks.

Edit (roflmao): In before it gets thrown into 'The Pit' because yay another thread on TTB where no one agrees or respects the other person's perspective.

Edited by Celestial

This is the one and only time I'm going to say this.

Perception is everything.

To me his posts were timeless. They were a gift. Don't superimpose your perspective onto me. Got it? Thanks.

They were not timeless - obviously.

They no longer exist.

And......I'm not imposing perspectives: I'm exercising my right to state my opinion.

Got it?

Edited by gatito

They were not timeless - obviously.

They no longer exist.

And......I'm not imposing perspectives I'm exercising my right to state my opinion.

Got it?

You don't get it do you?

Wow.

Just stop man. Seriously.

Edited by Celestial

You don't get it do you?

Wow.

Just stop man. Seriously.

Stop what?

Stating my opinion?

I don't think that's going to happen :)

Celestial, I agree with you about the timelessness and intrinsic motivating qualities of thetaoiseasy's posts. Yes, they were a gift. Sometimes I miss them too. But anything he shared, well, one can reproduce the intended effects on ones own. You don't need his words, advice, or techniques. At least, this is how I understood him explain himself (at the end). Ultimately, the takeaway from taoiseasy is how his spirit (from behind the words) resonated with your spirit. :)

Aaaahhh, the ol, "should." People still have human foibles. Even those who have the capacity to birth an immortal fetus. Or those who can capture otherworldly energetics to assist the global Ascension.

Might there be a difference between regret and 'right timing?' And the alchemically talented bums who withdrew their posts came to an understanding that it was time for their words to no longer appear?

There is simply too much subtlety in the universe...

I think you're reading way too much into it, but I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

Its clear most members dont like the new policy so it should be removed

The whole idea to wait for the reactions of members without informing them of policy is clearly sinister, because it affects past posts, so the members will notice sporadically over a long period of time. Even if most members dont agree with policy the complaints wont happen all at once.

Edited by MooNiNite

Might there be a difference between regret and 'right timing?' And the alchemically talented bums who withdrew their posts came to an understanding that it was time for their words to no longer appear?

The act is the teaching of the Core of Tao of the everchange of things.

When something not change it will wither and die.

The act is remove so that there is no past so to teach the importance of the present.

When you think you can do it again 'Life is not a Nintentogame' as Eminem said .

As from the past one judge a person.

This I think makes the reader to eager to read than to carefully read.

There is a difference for people to read something you highly respect

and someone unknown with unknown reputation.

How you suprise someone if they know beforehand?

People like to listen to doctor, enginieer,masters, sifu,

gurus because of their title and their reputation.

But some wisdom come from simple people which are overheard.

One moment of shock as it is in Satori to expand the wisdom.

If things not remain forever the carefull one get to read it

and gain wisdom beyond the words lay there.

Knowlege is easy to obtain by memory

but Wisdom is attainted by awareness result in recognizing.

One remember; one moment is enough to reach the Zen-it not

thousand words and sometimes one only get a chance to learn.

• Like 1

A dozen members out of thirty six hundred...................start a petition

i agree, i think for a petition this board changing to have any kind of validity at all it has to be seen by the majority of regular members over the course of a couple weeks to give them time to see it. i fear this may not happen in this seldom visited section of the board. Most visitors do visit general discussion, however. Would it be alright for me to create a sticky there, directing people towards casting their vote on an issue several members feel passionate about? :)

• Like 1

A dozen members out of thirty six hundred have voiced their opinion in this thread against it, and you have somehow construed that as constituting "most members". This is what is referred to as a vocal minority. If you truly feel there is strong support against this measure, start a petition and show real support and it will be considered.

Thanks.

and how many decided to implement this policy - a majority of a minority?

out of thirty six hundred how many actually go on line - how many bother to read this nonsense -

Gonna get me a timer with sand so i can watch my posts become immortal.

A bit anal retentive IMHO :)

• Like 1

Absolutely. I would be happy to move the current poll there if you think it will get more traction. We can even pin it if you like. I am genuine in my interest in the opinion of a larger portion of the population.

Cool :) Moving/pinning the poll there seems great

A dozen members out of thirty six hundred have voiced their opinion in this thread against it, and you have somehow construed that as constituting "most members". This is what is referred to as a vocal minority. If you truly feel there is strong support against this measure, start a petition and show real support and it will be considered.Thanks.

Rofl its called a sample. Its how science/statistics is done. Look at the views of the members that have posted.its clear alot of the ACTIVE MEMBERS have already commented.

dont act like not telling people about this measure (that affects past posts) and then waiting for a strong response is a fair method.

Read the comments its clearly not supported no need to start a measure

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

dont act like not telling people about this measure (that affects past posts) and then waiting for a strong response is a fair method.

i encourage people to vote on this issue in my pinned thread in General Discussion :)