deci belle

edit timer?

cat, please...I don't give a damn about my moderation position. viator, can testify that I offered my help only in case he needed someone in a specific time zone and if he hadn't find anyone else. viator and the others in the mod team know that this mod thing is more a burden for me than anything else.

TTbs is not MY thing at all, and I can live without.

What I find strange is that how people react for something that is just a tiny thing in their world: does this edit time change affect in anyway, how they make their living, how they take care of their partner, kids, how they meditate, how they breathe, how their feet are touching the earth ectc..? Please tell me that all these things are equal to this edit time thing. If you think it is, ok, but then I have nothing to do here, nothing.

Relating this change with freedom, I mean freedom, seems to me, not as a mod, but as a human, quite indecent, when I look at how, in all others domains of their life, people abdiquate their freedom.

Come one, cat, it is indeed a ridiculous psycho drama. I wrote this not as a mod, but as a member of TTBs

• Like 2

Asking for freedom of editing is one thing, it is clear and straightforward and I can understand that. Asking to edit post for fluidity of conversation is another thing, it is seems a baseless point to me.

Don't ask me to name people ( there are more than 2 ou 3 at TTBs) who edit their posts to avoid taking responsability for what they post. They will recongnize themselves easily. Personally I don't care. When I will drop moderation, it won't make any difference to me: Iessentially edit my post for grammar and spelling and because english is not my first language. After the 30mn time my incorrect language will be set in stone. I won't make a fuss out of it.

I locate my freedom somewhere else than in an editing feature in an internet forum. This is not against you Apech, I am just stating my thoughts as they are. And I can understand why you may not agree with me.

I feel and I may be wrong (so forgive me) that you are viewing this issue from the perspective of what matters to you and how you see it, rather than what is best for the board and what the members want.

Obviously I don't agree with you but there is nothing personal in this ... I am glad that you have taken on the moderation role and wish you well in it. But I feel that although you may have correctly identified an issue with 2/3 members but you are introducing a measure that affects everyone across the board rather than targeting those individuals with a view to getting them to change their behaviours (which are in ill faith as you put it).

• Like 1

question:

If it is much ado about nothing then why make the change in the first place?

answer (from the mod pov)

Because there is no conversation anymore (= no thread anymore) in a thread when:

-either people have emptied there posts in an entire thread

-either they edit there posts in such a way that the replies other members have made to the first version of their posts are not relevant anymore.

Because some people are using the edit feature to hide some insulting/etc posts just after they made sure the recipient read it.

This is now my member pov:

At some point I thought something, I made a given post, if at a later time, I think differently, what's the problem with my previous post? Really, what's the problem? Can someone tell me why it is vitaly imortant to erase it. Does it erase it from your personal history? No. people who cares about their previous post seem overly concerned about the image they give of their screenname.

I think that it is difficult indeed for you to be a moderator for the forum as a cultivation community, when perhaps you yourself dont experience it as such. Perhaps it is not of much account to you,this forum, maybe you dont feel as idiot - stimpy does, or as rv does, or as Apech does, or as SkyDog does, or as Friend does, or as I do.

I know well that being a mod can be quite a burden and I am very sympathetic to that indeed.

Difficult decisions and a lot of work and negotiation always with sensitivity and fairness and tao in mind and heart.

It is also a responsibility to others, and to do it, therefore, to the best of one's ability is a part of the duty.

People that cultivate and share here, who care and wish to retain their usual freedoms here, you find a ridiculous psycho drama... because you do not empathise with those that are speaking their truth here, you do not seek to caretake those members and hear their voice. It doesnt really matter to you, which is fair enough.

Please dont say 'come on' to me, as if I should agree with your dissociated position.

If people are speaking their truth here, why editing it afterwards instead of stating their new truth. Can't they have some respect for what they were, what they thought previously? What is the problem?

It is because I have in mind the community that I do think that it is more beneficaial to it to be able to read entire and complete threads instead of reading ribbons of them.

The rest is indeed just a personal viewpoint.

Sticking to the policy, what folks have for and/or against it would be better than personal attacks or insults would be much more productive. It is getting awfully personal.

Sticking to the policy, what folks have for and/or against it would be better than personal attacks or insults would be much more productive. It is getting awfully personal.

1) it won't prevent the identified problem

2 ) it affects everyone and not just those who are a problem

3) when challenged a valued member has already said he deletes posts for cultivation reasons (nothing to do with insults/spamming/trolling).

On a more general point I would like to feel that I am free to express my feelings about moderation and board changes if I choose to. There is no need for the mod team to try to inhibit discussions such as this ... in fact there may be valuable points made to help the mod team. This discussion as I see it is not of the nature of an attack of any kind but simply people expressing their views about an announcement of changes.

• Like 3

I don't care personally, but I think it is beneficial to the community. There is no contradiction because as a mod, I am trying to see things from a global viewpoint. Personally means, me, as a regular member.

What are you trying to do, cat?

edited to add: The part after the quote in my previous message is an answer to the quote , not a continuation of what I wrote above the quote.

Just the comment accusing someone of not cultivating, just keep in mind the concierge team are members too so the whole no personal insults thing still applies.

Apech, on 02 Sept 2013 - 20:20, said:snapback.png

1) it won't prevent the identified problem

2 ) it affects everyone and not just those who are a problem

3) when challenged a valued member has already said he deletes posts for cultivation reasons (nothing to do with insults/spamming/trolling).

On a more general point I would like to feel that I am free to express my feelings about moderation and board changes if I choose to. There is no need for the mod team to try to inhibit discussions such as this ... in fact there may be valuable points made to help the mod team. This discussion as I see it is not of the nature of an attack of any kind but simply people expressing their views about an announcement of changes.

This is also what skydog said , and Friend, and I have dome it lost of times and so have many other members. Because its a cultivation forum

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

I had thought of making a pot of tea before I checked my spelling.. but

Or a Top of Eat?

Yes, perhaps I won't have time to edit "despot" if I can't look it up in my dictator quickly enough .....

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

I would make a really harsh accusatory post, saying that people that are getting super offended about people editing posts have not developed a high enough level of sensitivity yet, but then am I being arragant, is it wrong of me to say this? My naturally personality type is very expressive and can be super impulsive, this can lead to me having enhanced abilities in certain areas, it can also mean I say things which later I regret, however apparantely virtue is completely unimportant and its better to post hateful comments one later disagrees with than just post nothing and offend no one.

Oh yeh I will probably edit the post too :)

Wow lame. Seriously the tao bums is just greedy and protecting there property. As soon as you post that post is their property, they just protecting it. Its all greed and intellectual property.takin away our rights.

We helping them build an awesome database of knowledge, and now they take away the only method of control we have

Oh I also edit posts due to intuition.

eg

It was a great insight but no need to share it with everyone

Yeh I am right, but they wont listen anyways/it is not the right time to say that

You are leaking energy by keeping that post there.

Hide your light

Stop bragging

This is better for one on one conversation

You were in a bad mood, that post is not accurate.

You are giving misinformation/skewed information which may be your truth but innaccurate.

You do not need to mention that.

But since this editing thing is affecting everyone feel free to ban me, time away from posting might be nice.

I would make a really harsh accusatory post, saying that people that are getting super offended about people editing posts have not developed a high enough level of sensitivity yet, but then am I being arragant, is it wrong of me to say this? My naturally personality type is very expressive and can be super impulsive, this can lead to me having enhanced abilities in certain areas, it can also mean I say things which later I regret, however apparantely virtue is completely unimportant and its better to post hateful comments one later disagrees with than just post nothing and offend no one.

Oh yeh I will probably edit the post too :)

If you regret a post you made. Just say it in a new post. People will see how you moved from an idea to another, and how you were able to move from an accusatory state of mind to another state that suits you more at this point. And it could be a lesson for them about how people can change, how thoughts are sometimes just energy surges, how we should perhaps not trust them totally when they seem to tell us something true about the world out there and how they can be adjusted to your spirit instead of being adjusted to a cyclothymic functioning. There may be numerous benefits for members of a cultivation forum to share their thoughts, to receive feedback about them and be able to learn from other thoughts. It may be one of the purpose of a cultivation forum.

But as you said, I may not have developped a level of sensitivity that allows me to understand what you are saying. For that, you will have to forgive me.

Wow lame. Seriously the tao bums is just greedy and protecting there property. As soon as you post that post is their property, they just protecting it. Its all greed and intellectual property.takin away our rights. We helping them build an awesome database of knowledge, and now they take away the only method of control we have

"them" who? TTBs is not moderators property, you know that, right?

Are you saying that making posts vanish is a way of building database knowledge?

This is becoming non sense.

But since this editing thing is affecting everyone feel free to ban me, time away from posting might be nice.

You are old, responsible and free enough to give yourself this time away if you feel you need it.

Im happy to be banned.

Edited by skydog

This is the definition of vestigial in biology : "Occurring or persisting as a rudimentary or degenerate structure."

Is it possible to have a vestigial thread on an internet discussion board? Discuss. (NB. your answer can include examples such as the thread in which you are posting.)

lol this is so ridiculous, you guys think Im just some little kid who knows nothing, cos I dont post shit in a credible way.

My third eye is ridiculously open, lets see how people function with that.

Im sick of More Pie guy harping on with his bullshit, why is his opinion valued.

He knows nothing.

Fuck sake.

"example of a post I would edit"

Im happy to be banned.

Do it yourself if it is that important for you skydog. Do your best not to depend on someone else for your happiness.

lol this is so ridiculous, you guys think Im just some little kid who knows nothing, cos I dont post shit in a credible way.

My third eye is ridiculously open, lets see how people function with that.

Im sick of More Pie guy harping on with his bullshit, why is his opinion valued.

He knows nothing.

Fuck sake.

"example of a post I would edit"

That is a good example, skydog, thanks!

Can you tell now how you could see that post as inappropriate some time later?

• Like 1