skydog

What is the best way to think about sex.

Okey dokey thanks for the helpful replies...

Edited by skydog

The Mixing of gametes of two organism with compatible yet unique DNA to form another organism with a mixture of the previous two organism's DNA, again unique. This mixing of genes allows for genetic variability and even evolution of species.

You are likely going to get a different answer from everyone you ask ;).

I think the best way to think about sex is what comes naturally for you, unless it is getting in the way of other things in life.

Unless you are trying for some specific retention thing. However since you are still young, don't be so hard on yourself!!! 155 days, that is amazing! (I've only ever made it about 60-70, trying for 100, but only once hehe). I have talked with many folks who do the 100 days of retention, but they do that once in their life, or perhaps 2-3 times.

I would be very surprised if anyone under 30 did not have many many thoughts about sex! Well even over 30, but I mean more so for those under 30. It is not a bad thing at all, it just may not be in your present goals.

I have been told about younger folks who did a lot of retention work and it increased their qi and power and martial arts... but really you want to think about how important this might be to you? I think balance is good :). Also no reason to avoid women really, unless you wish to keep going for 155 days at a time of course, that would take a very patient girlfriend hehe.

What are the reasons for the prolonged retention practice? How important is this to you? Is this even more important than sexual relations at this point in time? Are the number of days advice from someone else, or more like see how long you can go? On a side note, there are many good threads about retaining while also enjoying sex and orgasm (though this might not be for you in particular, I do not know).

Best of luck with your practice :).

• Like 2

avoid females.

Fast if you need to -- but definitely go vegetarian.

Learn full lotus.

The obvious has already been stated - don't think about the pink elephant.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

I'm thinking, that if what I am doing, and that I do want to achieve don't line up, I have to rethink my approach.

It's an ongoing process, and everything shifts and changes, if my perception of my goal changes so does my methods for approaching them.

When approaching some thing from a far, in the beginning you cant tell much about what you are going towards, but as you get closer one get a clearer vision of the object.

What one what's and desires is at the beginning something made out of conditioning from media and culture, your own experiences changes that.

Change to reaching your goal, your goal will also change so keep your mind open.

• Like 1

You should think about sex as much as possible. Not in a way where you think you know what it is but in a way where you think you don't know what it is. Its the best way to understand how energy works in your body and mind.

• Like 4

Locate and find the origin of the sound/visual frequency of that word "sex".

Try to match this to something else you feel resonates with that word.

You may be able to inner track those triggers.

Think of P-lotus he is following ChunYi Lin and Nance so he does what he does because the lineage works like this. Albert from the Xiao Yao

Naw - Chunyi doesn't teach celibacy - I figured that out from the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -

if you want advanced level qigong then you can't think about sex.

Chunyi said that once at a guild talk in 2000 but he has not repeated it as far as I know - because it was be too limiting to Westerners.

But in the latest Spring Forest Qigong Master Jim Nance talk I uploaded - Jim does say that Chunyi told him not to think about sex.

hahah.

So yeah for advanced levels Chunyi does say this - but that's only b/c Jim was training to be a qigong master.

But yeah obviously you need a vegetarian diet and then avoid females and then work your way into full lotus and then fasting when you build up your energy.

Okey dokey thanks for the helpful replies...

Skydog, it would be nice if you could just make your thank-you post at the current end of your thread instead of editing the first post. Otherwise, the thread becomes pointless.

:)

Okey dokey

Certain actions, words said, words left on the screen cause blockages in my body and I CAN FEEL them, If I change what I do, I am acting in alignment with how I should be acting and I feel open again (but actually wait I guess the rules of this forum is part of nature too) anyways

#

So basically I went to an ecstatic dance event which along with 155 days + 12 days etc, got me feeling very lusty as yes I find these women attractive etc and possibly take in other peoples lusty energy(those events can make that happen, because I take in everyones energy and start to give it out) anyways this has happened a bit recently too.

I had a few faulty ideas which were blocking me (eg It is bad to want a short term relationship ), So I just deleted them. Yes thinking about sex is thinking about sex, but harmonious perspectives,= harmonious energy and no thinking. Also

Anywho thanks for the replies...

Edited by skydog

Be natural. When you're afraid, acknowledge it, look for reasons for it, then move on.

When angry, acknowledge it, don't let it control you, look for reasons, move on.

Sex..not all bad. A source for energy, an appreciation of the feminine. acknowledge it, unless you can act on it intelligently at the time, don't feed it, move on. Ah, but there are times you can act on it, and let it grow into a gorgeous bond fire. Good times, good times.

• Like 2

Where is your sex thread. Build it and they will come.

*awaits puns*

No puns today ... well maybe some ;)

I think the OP question is a really good one ... in itself ... and this is something we all (at some time or another) get wrong ... because the issue of sex is so mixed up by all sorts of social and cultural taboos ... and I include so called Taoist/Buddhist masters in this ... some of whom are monks or celibate anyway ... that's their choice and good for them and all that ... but my true spiritual heros are lay teachers who have families, work in the world and so on ... and yet are still spiritual masters ...

Edited by Apech

I think the OP is a really good one, also.

I thought about the topic after you and I were discussing it the other day.. and of course how to think about sex, or what sex really is.. depends on what you want it to be and where you want to go with it.

It is the same as music or art .... how far do you want to go into possible exaltation and the sublime.. or do you just want something decorative that fills the space..

I think its also about how far you know yourself. How deeply you know yourself and so on. And in particular how awake you are to how you feel (or technically perceive in the Third Attention (to you Castaneda terminology)).

Perhaps this topic, then, could be addressed in a Q&A format. If it were to be an article.

Might be useful to brainstorm a load of questions about sex.

Not if everyone is going to post about how many days they have managed to save it up. But maybe we could discuss that approach too? Lets have a new thread then.

It would make sense that sexual energy = power / spiritual power?

+ creative power....

Interesting check/balance system really

those who don't have the mind/ ability to control** the energy waste* it...

If one has the ability/ mind / will to control** work with that energy transcend - the power* builds, move onto greater realities.

hmm maybe you could compare to a fine artist?

technique, practice / perseverance, higher learner etc this leads to great skill over time... refinement

the other resulting in little above the average

the first is able to create much greater realities/ potentials....

Some have natural talent regarding such thing though..where does this come from?

I think celibacy is perhaps one step ...

Maybe a system/progression such as...

mundane sex
celibacy
transcendent sex
transcendent celibacy

//

mundane: being basic animal drives/ lust (tension)

celibacy: is learning about the energy it's expression/ power, how it moves/ works what it really feels like // entire body - relaxed

transcendent sex: dual cultivation... further / deeper exploration of the energy in a controlled** manner... you move from maintaining a 40 watt bulb to a 100 watt bulb. (mutual arising / understanding)

transcendent celibacy: would basically be a constant orgasmic/ bliss open heart state??

^^ all speculation

I think once one experiences these things it doesn't really matter if you do or don't ... you've been there

Like a person who has practiced celibacy and experienced that isn't really going to fall back into the mundane, not at the same level/ understanding/ expression anyway.

I think is still room for family etc

??

I think best way to think about sex is like this...

c55dcfb7a93942e4afaff0f6edf4d0b3.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 3