Hello Dwag,

Nice to meet you and thank you for elaborating such rich posts; your path sounds wondrous to me, full of delight.

I thought that I might reflect upon a few of my own experiences pertaining to mind, from my own experience; I should be interested to hear your thoughts upon consideration.

I still my mind and the universe is moving, I feel it. Now the world sees me as mobile in kind, whilst I am actually very still. I wonder, should I best be still in relation to the wheel of Saį¹ƒsāra or to the background of the stars?
I notice interesting phasing effects of time when in sandhyā, shifting between the two.
This happens when I am awake, in broad daylight with eyes open; correlation of events harmonious in time.

I can't help but wonder, If not in the mundane world; will I still see this beautiful effect of mind?

Hello Gerard

Ā 

I find Taoist cosmology and energetic mapping system a lot deeper and more accurate than the Hindu chakra system. Baguazhang work has opened my initially conditioned mind with that regard. The Taoist and shaman Fu Xi was a genius for revealing this universal truth.

Surely that which is described is the same, regardless of the system?

sanātana dharma (Hindu to some) , systems are based in the understanding of tattva, the cakra simply help to map these higher principles to our perception.

Edited by iain

Refer to the training Wang Liping had to undertake...

Hi Gerard.

My views on Wang Liping have been well documented on these forums. I'm not in the slightest interested thank you. This is a thread on dawg's experiences and I don't wish to derail it.

Dmattwads,

Ā 

just sit as relaxed as possible, breathing as relaxed as possible, and observe (be aware of) your breath... don't try to control it, let it do whatever it wants to do... just be relaxed and at ease... if you need to block out the voice.in your mind, use the word Bud-dho...hear the sound of inhaling as "Buuuuuud", and hear the sound of exhaling as "dhoooo"... it is just something neutral to focus on, if you need it to block out the voice... be completely indifferent to everything, just observe your breath... just let go of everything... if your attention wanders, just calmly bring it back to your breath... if you can maintain this, it will still your mind and put you into samadhi...

Ā 

reciting a whole paragraph is not likely to still your mind...

Ā 

Dawg

Ā 

Hey Dawg

Ā 

Thanks for the advice, I have a few questions. I notice that when I do this that my mind protests a LOT. Sometimes my breathing even becomes constricted and shallow. Why is this?

Ā 

Matthew

Hi Ian, Thanks for addressing my name and using a real one instead of hiding under a nick. Courtesy and good manners are also traits of moral people. The problem I find with the Hindu system is that's linear...Taoism discovered as the world's oldest Science that there is nothing linear about it, it's actually a huge sphere with countless mini-spheres within. Even though progression to the Source seems linear, it is not they simple. It involves purifying all the internal organs/5 elements within the energy-body/body-mind to the pre-heaven state and then rising their combined strength to the head and in that upper cauldron shooting off the power of the Heart using the Liver as a slingshot. That force will enable the original mind/spirit enter the Tao. :) Of course this is a natural process that will take place without forcing anything as one can't forced nothing in this process or it will result in serious stagnation/burn-out. It will happen when one is ready, close enough to the Source.

I hear what you say Gerard and thank you for your encouragement; I will have to disagree upon your conclusion of any type of linearity in that which has arisen from Vedic origins, sanātana dharma, the description of the nature of time that I have just had the pleasure to read in Chuang Tzu is undoubtedly most eloquently stated. However, it is similar to the vedic perception of time also; both are very different from the linear view, that of the Occident.

Time is just another mental construct. You really need to look at the following:

Ā 

Thank you Gerard for your consideration and wonderful posting.

Ā 

I have taken your perspective into consideration and gleaned insights from it, for which I thank you.

Ā 

svātantra is I think the realm that you are describing here, of which kashmir shavism is descriptive also. abhinavagupta speaks of 118 worlds; I have come to learn a little more of another other than my own thus my participation here.

Ā 

In his work the tantraloka abhinavagupta suggests that the subtil body is said to emanate into the physical body through 72 veins or nadi, by way of prana.

Ā 

I learnt this coincidental only last night :)

Ā 

Seeking no origin for this knowledge, it is a wonder to marvel at its existence, in all of its forms.

Ā 

At which point it is probably best that we stop any further derailment of this thread; perhaps consider starting another thread that highlights this fascinating parallel; Please excuse my interruption Dawg, no distraction was intended.

Edited by iain

Gerard,

Ā 

I laughed when I read your postsā€¦ because trolls like you are so transparentā€¦

It is obvious that all your spiritual knowledge is from books, and none or very little of it is from personal experienceā€¦ you know the theory but not the realityā€¦ unless your knowledge is first hand from personal experience, it is just more delusionā€¦ you donā€™t understand Taoism or Buddhism, you just cherry pick this and that and take it out of context, and throw around words that you donā€™t understand, and have never experiencedā€¦

Ā 

if you wish to reach final awakening, you are on the wrong pathā€¦ if you wish to reach awakening, you must systematically destroy the delusion that now controls your subconscious mind, which controls your conscious mindā€¦ that is the one and only way to reach awakeningā€¦ (and raising the Kundalini will not do it, I have been there and done thatā€¦ I know)ā€¦ because it took the destruction of my delusion to reach permanent awakeningā€¦ I destroyed my delusion and reached awakening in August 2011ā€¦ and it really is like awakening from a long dream that you thought was realā€¦ I now Iive permanently in bliss, it was worth all the effort it took to reach itā€¦ it is foreverā€¦

Ā 

You cannot imagine how much your words reveal about yourselfā€¦ you are unable to focus your concentration, which is necessary for a successful spiritual practiceā€¦ you have low self esteem, and donā€™t like yourselfā€¦ you are a troll on the internet in an effort to build up your self esteemā€¦ your greatest fear is the fear of death, you donā€™t understand that you canā€™t dieā€¦ you are so deluded that you donā€™t even realize that you are deludedā€¦ you donā€™t even know what delusion isā€¦ and you lie to others, and to yourself, and unless you are honest with yourself you are in deep shitā€¦

Ā 

The key to restoring your self esteem is to accept yourself and love yourself (compassionate love) just the way you areā€¦ and know that you are no better or worse than anyone elseā€¦ and realize that if you canā€™t love yourself, you canā€™t love othersā€¦ and if you canā€™t love others, they canā€™t love youā€¦

Ā 

And get rid of the big egoā€¦ it blocks your spiritual developmentā€¦ and makes you sound like a foolā€¦

Ā 

Also get rid of your negativity, it poisons your mindā€¦ and again blocks your spiritual developmentā€¦

Ā 

Donā€™t worry about me, I have reached permanent nirvanaā€¦ but you should be worrying about yourselfā€¦ and doing something about itā€¦

Ā 

Have a nice dayā€¦!

Ā 

Dawg

• Like 1

Iain,

Ā 

If you do Sandhya at dawn and dusk, it puts your mind in a good spiritual place for the day, and a good spiritual place for evening and nightā€¦ it will help you to make good karma most of the timeā€¦ the feeling it gives you is like a tiny taste of the heavenly realmsā€¦

Ā 

When you die you will go to a heavenly realm, but still have samsaraā€¦

Ā 

All the people in the heavenly realms still have samsaraā€¦ even the gods in the god realm have samsara, they were born and will die, and have made good and bad karma, and will reincarnateā€¦ only a few realms at the very top called the happy abodes contains people who will not reincarnate, but will experience awakening in that abode, and reach nirvana thereā€¦

Ā 

None of the gods own or control the spirit worldā€¦ our subconscious mind which is our spirit is the part of us that goes to the spirit worldā€¦ it sends us to a place full of people like ourselves, who will treat us like we treated other people when we were aliveā€¦ that is why it is said that, ā€œwe will reap what we have sownā€¦

Ā 

In the spirit world you speak to others by using telepathyā€¦ everyone can hear your thoughts, and understand exactly what you meanā€¦ it is perfect communicationā€¦ and it is impossible to lie... if two or three of us spoke different languages, each of us would hear the other two in our own languageā€¦ if I used telepathy to speak to a group of people who speak different languages in the physical worldā€¦ all of them would hear me in their own languageā€¦ I would be doing what is called ā€œspeaking in tonguesā€ā€¦

Ā 

The heavens are amazing, and not at all like anything I imaginedā€¦ everything is solid like in the physical worldā€¦ I have seen snow covered mountainsā€¦ 17th century sailing ships sailing on a sparkling seaā€¦ day and nightā€¦ I have driven around in a car through what looked like the leafy surburbs of Los Angelesā€¦ there are building of every period and dateā€¦ castles built in the cloudsā€¦ buildings that change shape and color as you walk through themā€¦ buildings that look small on the outside, but on the inside there is a maze of wide corridors with doors on both sides, and each door opens into a couple of rooms that opens out into a different worldā€¦ I have even seen the Elysian Fields, the high heaven of the ancient Greeks full of people who lived more than two thousand years agoā€¦ the happy hunting ground of the American Indians, and the dream time of the Australian aborigines, and every other heaven is somewhere in the spirit worldā€¦ the spirit world is vast and it contains many things that are not obviousā€¦ The heavens were created by the people who have lived in themā€¦ you can create things with your thoughts, so you sometimes see strange thingsā€¦

Ā 

You can travel about in three waysā€¦ you can walk, you can fly, or you can instantly jump to any destinationā€¦

Ā 

I wonā€™t describe a hell realm, or demon realm, or ghost realm, because from your words, I assume you will go to a heavenly realm when you die, then when you have used up your good karma, you will spend a short time in a mild hell realm to get rid of bad karma, then have a good birthā€¦

Ā 

Dawg

• Like 1

Dmatts,

Ā 

My guess is that you have not been sitting in Samadhi for a while because of other activities that take up your timeā€¦ so that your Samadhi (concentration) has dissipatedā€¦ if you start sitting in Samadhi again it should quickly return to its previous levelā€¦

Ā 

The delusion in your subconscious mind is trying to regain control of your conscious mindā€¦ because the Samadhi that previously held it at bay has dissipatedā€¦ in a way this is a good experience for you, because you have seen and confronted the monster of delusion that has controlled you all of your lifeā€¦ you have flushed it out in the open, and confronted itā€¦ it is no longer an abstract conceptā€¦ it is real, and you have seen its natureā€¦

Ā 

(I copied and expanded this from the post on page 1ā€¦ but it is still relevant ā€¦ and this is what I mean when I say ā€œbe indifferentā€ā€¦ donā€™t respond to negativity with negativity )ā€¦ realize that those thoughts (the voice in your head) are not youā€¦ that those thoughts were put in your head (subconscious mind) sometime in the past by someone else, to control youā€¦ forgive that anonymous person (or persons) for putting those thoughts in your head, and send them some ā€œloveā€, whoever they are, and wherever they may be (they probably need some love)ā€¦ then forgive yourself for accepting the thoughts, and feel some love for yourself, for all the good things you areā€¦ hug yourself, and say to yourself, ā€œI love the goodness of the spirit within meā€ā€¦ (your subconscious mind itself if good and is just trying to help you, the problem is all the conditioning that other people have dumped in it)ā€¦ then let go of it all, and breathe deeply and freelyā€¦

Ā 

You can try using the sound tapes I posted for you near the bottom of page 1ā€¦ all of them still play, but the sound of the whales needs to be clicked on twice which takes you to Utubeā€¦

Ā 

Focus your awareness on them, to block the voice of delusionā€¦ use them instead of the ā€œBuddhoā€... think of it this wayā€¦ if one person is talking to you, it is almost impossible to not hear themā€¦ but if two people are talking to you, you can focus your attention on one of them and ignore the otherā€¦ just sit and passively observe the sound washing over youā€¦ but donā€™t follow it (donā€™t think about it)ā€¦ just relax and empty your mindā€¦

Ā 

Be totally indifferent to the voice of delusion, and dismiss it as ā€œchildish ignoranceā€ā€¦ you only need to think it, ā€œthe voiceā€ (your subconscious mind that has the mentality of an irrational child) can hear your thoughts in your conscious mindā€¦ and whenever the voice says something, indifferently brush it off with the thought, ā€œchildish ignoranceā€ā€¦!

Ā 

See if that works until you can build up the strength of your concentration (Samadhi)ā€¦

Ā 

Ā 

Dawg

• Like 1

Hi Dawg,

Ā 

When you say the subconscious mind is the spirit, would that mean purifying the energy centres is the same thing as purifying the subconscious? it's a bit of a basic question, but i ask because i've found when for instance assuming a particular yoga pose for a particular chakra/body region, and releasing dense energies/blockages through neutral awareness and relaxation, that it has an effect on ones awareness and outlook on life.

Ā 

Cheers,

Edward

• Like 1

Dmatts,

Ā 

My guess is that you have not been sitting in Samadhi for a while because of other activities that take up your timeā€¦ so that your Samadhi (concentration) has dissipatedā€¦ if you start sitting in Samadhi again it should quickly return to its previous levelā€¦

Ā 

The delusion in your subconscious mind is trying to regain control of your conscious mindā€¦ because the Samadhi that previously held it at bay has dissipatedā€¦ in a way this is a good experience for you, because you have seen and confronted the monster of delusion that has controlled you all of your lifeā€¦ you have flushed it out in the open, and confronted itā€¦ it is no longer an abstract conceptā€¦ it is real, and you have seen its natureā€¦

Ā 

(I copied and expanded this from the post on page 1ā€¦ but it is still relevant ā€¦ and this is what I mean when I say ā€œbe indifferentā€ā€¦ donā€™t respond to negativity with negativity )ā€¦ realize that those thoughts (the voice in your head) are not youā€¦ that those thoughts were put in your head (subconscious mind) sometime in the past by someone else, to control youā€¦ forgive that anonymous person (or persons) for putting those thoughts in your head, and send them some ā€œloveā€, whoever they are, and wherever they may be (they probably need some love)ā€¦ then forgive yourself for accepting the thoughts, and feel some love for yourself, for all the good things you areā€¦ hug yourself, and say to yourself, ā€œI love the goodness of the spirit within meā€ā€¦ (your subconscious mind itself if good and is just trying to help you, the problem is all the conditioning that other people have dumped in it)ā€¦ then let go of it all, and breathe deeply and freelyā€¦

Ā 

You can try using the sound tapes I posted for you near the bottom of page 1ā€¦ all of them still play, but the sound of the whales needs to be clicked on twice which takes you to Utubeā€¦

Ā 

Focus your awareness on them, to block the voice of delusionā€¦ use them instead of the ā€œBuddhoā€... think of it this wayā€¦ if one person is talking to you, it is almost impossible to not hear themā€¦ but if two people are talking to you, you can focus your attention on one of them and ignore the otherā€¦ just sit and passively observe the sound washing over youā€¦ but donā€™t follow it (donā€™t think about it)ā€¦ just relax and empty your mindā€¦

Ā 

Be totally indifferent to the voice of delusion, and dismiss it as ā€œchildish ignoranceā€ā€¦ you only need to think it, ā€œthe voiceā€ (your subconscious mind that has the mentality of an irrational child) can hear your thoughts in your conscious mindā€¦ and whenever the voice says something, indifferently brush it off with the thought, ā€œchildish ignoranceā€ā€¦!

Ā 

See if that works until you can build up the strength of your concentration (Samadhi)ā€¦

Ā 

Ā 

Dawg

Ā 

Thank you Dawg.... Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu :-)

Ā 

One question seems to raise another. Does doing meditation to quiet the mind build good karma and/or reduce bad karma?

Ā 

"you have seen and confronted the monster of delusion that has controlled you all of your lifeā€¦ you have flushed it out in the open, and confronted itā€¦ it is no longer an abstract conceptā€¦ it is real, and you have seen its natureā€¦ "

Ā 

Is this awareness that you speak of what makes the voice of protest that I experience during meditation so "loud"?

Edited by dmattwads

Hello Dwag,

If you do Sandhya at dawn and dusk, it puts your mind in a good spiritual place for the day, and a good spiritual place for evening and nightā€¦ it will help you to make good karma most of the timeā€¦ the feeling it gives you is like a tiny taste of the heavenly realmsā€¦

Ā 

When you die you will go to a heavenly realm, but still have samsaraā€¦

Thank you for your honest reflections; they are warmly apreciated. I love the these sandhys as they reveal our closest neighbours who are so often cloaked in the light of day, a time for reflection but also to make song; if you can find a group of companions who are not incline towards alcohol and debauchery.

I am the first to admit that like to keep a foot in samsara; that I might continue to observe such wonders; after all of this, we need only sleep for a while.

Ā 

Light upon on your path :)

Edited by iain

Dmattwads,

Ā 

just sit as relaxed as possible, breathing as relaxed as possible, and observe (be aware of) your breath... don't try to control it, let it do whatever it wants to do... just be relaxed and at ease... if you need to block out the voice.in your mind, use the word Bud-dho...hear the sound of inhaling as "Buuuuuud", and hear the sound of exhaling as "dhoooo"... it is just something neutral to focus on, if you need it to block out the voice... be completely indifferent to everything, just observe your breath... just let go of everything... if your attention wanders, just calmly bring it back to your breath... if you can maintain this, it will still your mind and put you into samadhi...

Ā 

reciting a whole paragraph is not likely to still your mind...

Ā 

Dawg

Ā 

Hi Dawg,

I decided to try your suggestion for meditation as my regular practice for a while. I have been doing 2 sessions per day, 1 hour for each session.

Ā 

For the first four days, after about 5 minutes in each session, a kind of wave occured and in the background, behind the focus on the sound of Buddho, I could see visions and what appeared to be dreams occuring. Actually, I recognize them as dreams because if I grasp at any one of them, I find myself in a lucid dream.. And it is typical to feel that "wave" take place which usually anounces that REM is about to occur.

Ā 

For the last couple of days the dreams/visions no longer occur. Instead, I'm seeing abstract patterns of lights in the background, beautiful colors and patterns. Nothing like I've ever seen before.

Ā 

I suspect that by maintaining focus on the breath and the mantra it is stirring up winds. I think that performing a mantra (even silently) is kicking in the throat chakra, which then creates the dreams and visions (these types of visions).

Ā 

I do admit, it is easier to maintain consistent focus on the objects of awareness (the breath and the Buddho) when they are combined because each new breath brings a new batch of thoughts, but if you are focusing on the sound of the mantra, the new batch of thoughts comes in and then goes out because you are not grasping at them. So, in a way, you are precipitating the natural dissolution and release of thoughts and visions too (when not focused on them). This is sort of like Dzogchen's remaining in the natural state.

Ā 

Is the point of this Buddho practice to purify the subconscious?

Ā 

What is the next stage past the abstract light patterns that I am seeing? Will they gradually slow down and fade away when I achieve shamatha? Will I need to drop the mantra at some point?

Ā 

Thanks..

• Like 1

Gerard,

Ā 

I laughed when I read your postsā€¦ because trolls like you are so transparentā€¦

It is obvious that all your spiritual knowledge is from books, and none or very little of it is from personal experienceā€¦ you know the theory but not the realityā€¦ unless your knowledge is first hand from personal experience, it is just more delusionā€¦ you donā€™t understand Taoism or Buddhism, you just cherry pick this and that and take it out of context, and throw around words that you donā€™t understand, and have never experiencedā€¦

Ā 

if you wish to reach final awakening, you are on the wrong pathā€¦ if you wish to reach awakening, you must systematically destroy the delusion that now controls your subconscious mind, which controls your conscious mindā€¦ that is the one and only way to reach awakeningā€¦ (and raising the Kundalini will not do it, I have been there and done thatā€¦ I know)ā€¦ because it took the destruction of my delusion to reach permanent awakeningā€¦ I destroyed my delusion and reached awakening in August 2011ā€¦ and it really is like awakening from a long dream that you thought was realā€¦ I now Iive permanently in bliss, it was worth all the effort it took to reach itā€¦ it is foreverā€¦

Ā 

You cannot imagine how much your words reveal about yourselfā€¦ you are unable to focus your concentration, which is necessary for a successful spiritual practiceā€¦ you have low self esteem, and donā€™t like yourselfā€¦ you are a troll on the internet in an effort to build up your self esteemā€¦ your greatest fear is the fear of death, you donā€™t understand that you canā€™t dieā€¦ you are so deluded that you donā€™t even realize that you are deludedā€¦ you donā€™t even know what delusion isā€¦ and you lie to others, and to yourself, and unless you are honest with yourself you are in deep shitā€¦

Ā 

The key to restoring your self esteem is to accept yourself and love yourself (compassionate love) just the way you areā€¦ and know that you are no better or worse than anyone elseā€¦ and realize that if you canā€™t love yourself, you canā€™t love othersā€¦ and if you canā€™t love others, they canā€™t love youā€¦

Ā 

And get rid of the big egoā€¦ it blocks your spiritual developmentā€¦ and makes you sound like a foolā€¦

Ā 

Also get rid of your negativity, it poisons your mindā€¦ and again blocks your spiritual developmentā€¦

Ā 

Donā€™t worry about me, I have reached permanent nirvanaā€¦ but you should be worrying about yourselfā€¦ and doing something about itā€¦

Ā 

Have a nice dayā€¦!

Ā 

Dawg

Ā 

Dear Dawg,

Thank you for your wonderful insights and good intentions.

Also thank you for revealing the color of your heart with this post.

Thank you Gerard as your light helped me identify yet another boulder.

I am not a Taoist, don't do Bagua. But I sincerely think your heart is one of the most useful assets in this forum for inspiration.

• Like 1

Gerard,

Ā 

I laughed when I read your posts because trolls like you are so transparent

Ā 

Hi Mr X,

Ā 

It is clear that you're ignoring what your teacher taught you in the Vipassana meditation centre in Thailand (I assume you are in such a place). Please check out the following rule:

Ā 

General Rules for Meditators (number 4).

Ā 

This rule is set in many other meditation centres across Thailand, like Chom Thong Insight Meditation Centre in Chiang Mai, the place where I attended retreat.

Ā 

There is no need for personal attacks, if you felt my recent post being an attack it is not, just a reminder you need to ground yourself a lot. People come to The Tao Bums Forums for help and learning something useful to them so let's try to keep this place as an instrument for the health, well-being and happiness of others rather than a platform to promote ourselves.

Ā 

I have discussed experiences resulting from meditation and should be blamed for this too. I am also guilty but will be careful from now on and certainly have removed the posts I made in the past in that regard.

Ā 

The path you are following is very, very difficult and my advice is the following: make sure you ground yourself really well, pay more attention to your grounding than what happens in the higher centres. Also, take it easy with the mind, soft and slow. This is a process that takes decades of work and beyond. You certainly can't rush it and more so when you talk about enlightenment. Better forget about this word and concentrate on small achievements, without focusing on anything, just let your practice work things out slowly over time.

Ā 

Good luck. :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks to you, Cian. :)

Edited by Gerard

Anyone who says things like 'Your liver fire is too strong bla bla bla" which will "cause bad karma" and "youll reincarnate in the lower realms" I have a hard time taking seriously. No offense, Gerard, but that kinda stuff is pretty off putting to a lot of people especially those who are relatively new to spiritual pracitices. First of all, how are you so certain about this and how is it even quantifiable?I mean what if I contracted a liver disease through no fault of my own? Or my kidneys go bad? Oh well guess im fucked reincarnate as an antelope, too bad. Lol. shit like this grinds my gears as peter griffin would say. To me it seems like hot air regardless of what sacred text you supposedly read it in. What bothers me is you spew it as if its fact when in reality you dont even know. I find it funny your the one saying to remain grounded(which is probably good advice on its own) while at the same time saying these types of things. Seems like quite the paradox.

Edited by bax44

When you say the subconscious mind is the spirit, would that mean purifying the energy centres is the same thing as purifying the subconscious? it's a bit of a basic question, but i ask because i've found when for instance assuming a particular yoga pose for a particular chakra/body region, and releasing dense energies/blockages through neutral awareness and relaxation, that it has an effect on ones awareness and outlook on life.

Ā 

Edward

Ā 

Ā 

Edward,

Ā 

The subconscious mind is your sixth chakra (and third eye) which controls your five lower chakrasā€¦ so when you ā€œrelease dense energy blockagesā€ in the lower chakras, you feel it in your subconscious mindā€¦

Ā 

But to purify the subconscious mind, you must destroy the delusion in your subconscious mindā€¦because it is the delusion in your subconscious mind, that is causing the dense energy blockagesā€¦

Ā 

If you raise the kundalini , it will temporarily purify your chakas and open your third eye, and it will temporarily push your delusion aside but not destroy itā€¦ your delusion will still control your subconscious mind, and will create the same chakra blockages as beforeā€¦

Ā 

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..

Ā 

The only way to permanently purify the subconscious mind (6th chakra) is to destroy the delusion that controls the subconscious mindā€¦ and only the conscious mind (7th chakra) can do that by systematically turning the delusion into neutral awarenessā€¦

Ā 

First by learning to control the conscious mind, and turning off the voice of the subconscious mindā€¦.

Ā 

Then by investigating, understanding, and letting go of anger and greedā€¦ and we never get angry againā€¦ (and righteous indignation is anger too)

Ā 

Then by reaching equanimity, and accepting other people and their beliefs just the way they areā€¦ their business is their business, and our business is our businessā€¦ and we never have another argument

Ā 

Then by realizing that we are a ā€œspirit (subconscious mind) with a bodyā€, not a ā€œbody with a spiritā€, and realizing that our ā€œbodyā€ and ā€œpersonalityā€ (conscious mind) are not ā€œusā€, they are temporary just for this lifeā€¦ that our spirit (subconscious mind) is the eternal ā€˜usā€ā€¦

Ā 

Then we hold our conscious mind in a state of ā€œneutral awarenessā€ (the middle path) until our subconscious mind accepts it as realityā€¦ and when we least expect it, delusion suddenly shatters amid loud rumbling noises, and flashing lightsā€¦ and we feel as if we have just awakened from a long hypnotic dreamā€¦ and the delusion now seems so obvious, that we wonder how it could have fooled usā€¦We have purified our subconscious mind (sixth chakra) permanently and destroyed delusion, so there is no longer a voice of delusionā€¦ so now our conscious mind (seventh chakra) is blissfully empty, and all we can hear is silenceā€¦the sound of one hand clappingā€¦

Ā 

Dawg

Edited by dawg
  • Like 2

Dmatts,

Ā 

Does doing meditation to quiet the mind build good karma and/or reduce bad karma?

Ā 

Meditation gives you good karma, but a lot of good karma will only get you to a high heavenly realmā€¦ then when you use up you good karma, you will go to a hell realm to get rid of bad karmaā€¦ then you will reincarnateā€¦ good karma will not get you any closer to awakeningā€¦

Ā 

"you have seen and confronted the monster of delusion that has controlled you all of your lifeā€¦ you have flushed it out in the open, and confronted itā€¦ it is no longer an abstract conceptā€¦ it is real, and you have seen its natureā€¦ "

Ā 

Is this awareness that you speak of what makes the voice of protest that I experience during meditation so "loud"?

Ā 

If the voice doesnā€™t like what you are doing, keep doing itā€¦ ! you donā€™t want the voice to like what you are doingā€¦!

Ā 

If your breath is uncomfortableā€¦ donā€™t try to link it with the Buddhoā€¦ just let your breath be whatever it wants to beā€¦ let it be freeā€¦

Ā 

Donā€™t think about the voice or respond to it in any way if you canā€¦ just keep doing the Buddhoā€¦ and think of the voice as ā€œchildish ignorance

Ā 

Send me a personal message and describe the voice in as much detail as you canā€¦ what it says, tone of voice, does it sound like a thought, or does it sound like someone talking to youā€¦ whatever your impression of it isā€¦ this might give me some useful informationā€¦

Ā 

Ā 

Dawg

• Like 1

Dmatts,

Ā 

Does doing meditation to quiet the mind build good karma and/or reduce bad karma?

Ā 

Meditation gives you good karma, but a lot of good karma will only get you to a high heavenly realmā€¦ then when you use up you good karma, you will go to a hell realm to get rid of bad karmaā€¦ then you will reincarnateā€¦ good karma will not get you any closer to awakeningā€¦

Ā 

In reference to karma I was more curious about how it affects things in this life? Such as can I meditate to get a better job for example (I really don't like my current job at all). Can meditation (or other methods) improve our karma in this life so that our day to day situation improves?

Ā 

A related question the other mantra I mentioned that I do the "Zhunti Mantra" is from Chinese Buddhism and is about a paragraph long. It is said of this mantra that if you say it a lot of times that it will improve your karma and help you to get what you want... up to and even including help you to realize enlightenment. What are your thoughts on this? or on chanting in general?

Edited by dmattwads

"If the voice doesnt like what you are doing, keep doing it ! you dont want the voice to like what you are doing!"

Ā 

Most of the time a naughty kid will respond better to guidance and kindness, than to being hit and shoved in the naughty corner. If anything, ignoring and beating a kid like that will create a very negative person.

• Like 1

Dmattwads,

Ā 

In reference to karma I was more curious about how it affects things in this life? Such as can I meditate to get a better job for example (I really don't like my current job at all). Can meditation (or other methods) improve our karma in this life so that our day to day situation improves?

Ā 

A related question the other mantra I mentioned that I do the "Zhunti Mantra" is from Chinese Buddhism and is about a paragraph long. It is said of this mantra that if you say it a lot of times that it will improve your karma and help you to get what you want... up to and even including help you to realize enlightenment. What are your thoughts on this? or on chanting in general?

Ā 

No matter what anyone "claims"... you can never reach enlightenment by reciting a mantra... all it will do is make good karma for you... to reach enlightenment you must destroy the delusion in your subconscious mind... otherwise you are still creating karma, and if you are still creating karma, you will continue to be born and die

Ā 

Dawg

• Like 1