ssmith7

Internal Power? Best Method

When dealing with the concept of developing internal power, I hear one of two things: 1) Condense breathe, circle through microcosmic orbit. 2) Just be still in standing practice.

I tend to like the former, rather than the latter. I've heard people say that neither will work. What are the various methods for developing internal power?

Shawn

Hello Shawn,

thank you for creating this thread about this important issue!

A good system for developing internal power (I will address the development of internal power as it is trained in the internal work (nei kung) in taichi) should cover the following points:

1) creating internal power

2) storing up internal power

3) refining internal power

4) transferring internal power

1) Internal power has to be created in your own body and therefore fom the energies that are already there. Internal power means an energy that's more dense and more high-frequent than the usual "chi" that flows around in your body and makes you alive and functioning. Therefore raising the frequenzy and the density of your own energies alchemically are the key to create internal power. However, energy from the outside can and are possibly added to your own energy in that process. According to Cheng Man-Ching, internal power (he uses the word "spirit chi") is created out of the chi of your blood, your inner organs and from your breath (possibly outside chi from heaven that you breath in). These are mixed and "cooked" internally with the energy/chi of your mind into internal power in an alchemical process.

2) Internal power has to be stored up in your body. The key place to store up internal power is foremost the lower tantien (lower abdomen). Other possible places are the middle tantien (heart or solar plexus), upper tantien (brain) and possibly the spinal & bone marrow.

3) Internal power ("Jing") will be refined further and further through prolonged practice into "shen". This means most probably that it's frequenzy, density and containment of the energy of your mind are raised more and more. This process leads to the ability of "distance power", the ability to transfer power without direct physical contact.

4) Internal power is transferred over the hands for martial or healing application. In martial application, it's also transferred over the feet to achieve "rooting". Therefore flowing internal power through certain pathways ("the 6 bows of taichi") to the hands and feet has to be trained too.

All the points above should be trained together and work together synergetically.

Extremely high development of internal power leads to immortality and enlightenment.

According to Cheng Man-Ching, enlightenment is achieved, when internal power flows over the torso bow (spine) into the head and then rains down as the "golden rain". I guess having an extremely high and refined amount of internal power is the prerequisite to achieve this step, because simply flowing internal power between the pelvis (lower tantien/tailbone) and the head (upper tantien/crown point) is already trained from the beginning.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

This reminds me of the time my Qigong master said he would demonstrate 'energy' to me, with three pushes as: Jing, Qi, Shen.

He only put his fist against my chest and gave three pushes of exactly the same force. The results were as follow:

1. Jing: fell backwards with a step

2. Qi: Fell backwards in 2-3 steps

3. Shen: Had the air knocked out of me.

He fought combative hand to hand but said nothing compares to Shen.

Baguazhang ;).

OK so perhaps I'm a little biased. I have found it to work the best for me though. Also it does have all of the above within it.

• Like 1

The best training system for internal power I know and train with personally is Gary Clyman's Mind Light Nei Kung.

Edited by Dorian Black

When dealing with the concept of developing internal power, I hear one of two things: 1) Condense breathe, circle through microcosmic orbit. 2) Just be still in standing practice.

I tend to like the former, rather than the latter. I've heard people say that neither will work. What are the various methods for developing internal power?

Shawn

To address the practical exercises which cover the theoretical points I mentioned:

Condensing energy into the bones and the lower tantien correspond to making the energy more dense and also to storing it up.

The circulation of the energy through the microcosmic orbit (up the 1st torso bow from the tailbone/pelvic bone through the spine to the crown point, down the second torso bow from the crown point through the sternum to the pelvic bone) corresponds to refining the energy and building pathways for the transfer of power and for the circulation of internal power in your system for achieving enlightenment.

Macrocosmic circulation through the remaining 4 bows in the arm & leg bones from the torso to the hands and feet for the transfer of power should also be covered as well as other methods to refine and raise the frequenzy of the power via "vibrating" the energy.

"Just be still"...well, concentration of your undivided and focused mind inwards is extremely important to cook and fuse the energies into internal power.

All these methods are contained in Gary's Mind Light Nei Kung!

Edited by Dorian Black

Why did Drew get banned for pushing SFQ but Dorian doesn't? All he does is PUSH Clyman!

If you want to turn yourself into a flawed and cheap diamond then do that. If you want to become a beautiful and flawless diamond then use the money that you'd be wasting on mind light and buy Liao's entire library. Yes that's an option and yes that includes private.

Why did Drew get banned for pushing SFQ but Dorian doesn't? All he does is PUSH Clyman! If you want to turn yourself into a flawed and cheap diamond then do that. If you want to become a beautiful and flawless diamond then use the money that you'd be wasting on mind light and buy Liao's entire library. Yes that's an option and yes that includes private.

In case you ignore the recent posts in this forum, there are several members who have personal experience with Gary's powers & his system and think he's the real deal! You bought his system too! If you get anger problems when practicing it and all other people don't then it's highly likely that the fault is in you and not in Gary's system!

Are you sure it wasn't roid rage...? :lol:

if i had money, i would buy Liao's entire library.

for the most bang for the buck, i agree with lifeforce. xingyi is a simpler system and gets one to IMA level quickest.

here i am a humble bgz player giving endorsements for Liao's tai chi and xingyiquan.

Why did Drew get banned for pushing SFQ but Dorian doesn't? All he does is PUSH Clyman! If you want to turn yourself into a flawed and cheap diamond then do that. If you want to become a beautiful and flawless diamond then use the money that you'd be wasting on mind light and buy Liao's entire library. Yes that's an option and yes that includes private.

Because people are scared of the real deal! haha.

• Like 1

Liao's library. If you have the mind light money then buy the library. If you don't then take a KAP class with Santiago. Im sure the rest of the crew is great but I know Santiago has juice and he'll give you a transmission long distance. This is important because it'll boost you but it also shows you that he has the goods. I don't know of ANYONE out there that can do what Santi can.

• Like 1

Liao's library. If you have the mind light money then buy the library. If you don't then take a KAP class with Santiago. Im sure the rest of the crew is great but I know Santiago has juice and he'll give you a transmission long distance. This is important because it'll boost you but it also shows you that he has the goods. I don't know of ANYONE out there that can do what Santi can.

all you gotta do is call 952-593-5555 to feel your third eye get expanded. haha.

Liao teaches details that Clyman doesn't. Liao also teaches things in his Private Invite Library that Clyman didnt get taught. Remember that Clyman was kicked out of the school. He is a self proclaimed temple style master.

Like what exactly?

Whats Liao's taoist lineage... i know he among the highest level nei kung masters today... did he demonstrate his jing on you?

Inner power. Depending on what kind of shape you're in you may need to start with a nice soft flow form. A simple tai chi ball exercise or something elaborate like the long form. Once you open up and start feeling your qi then move to seated exercises.

If you're a healthy adult then you can start of playing with fire if you so choose. Tummo is a great dantien builder. From there you can do a standing power set like hung lung hei gung or iron wire or level 2a mo pai.

You should add a cleansing exercise too.

• Like 1

Like what exactly?

Whats Liao's taoist lineage... i know he among the highest level nei kung masters today... did he demonstrate his jing on you?

I trained briefly with Ron Hoffman. Ron demonstrated on me. I've written about it on here.

The experience is such that I practiced Tao Kung about 14 years and just in a fortnight after starting Nei Kung my life changed dramatically. I would highly recommend jumping on The Nei Kung bandwagon , in other case you will just waste your time burying your head in a heap of 3rd grade of exported chinese Qigong stuff.

Please.visit www.chikung.com this is the fastest and safest route and your hard earned £££ will be saved at least.

• Like 1

Hello Tao Bums World,

I am a young taoist pursuing the way. I have decided to join this forum because of a promise I made to Gary Clyman in exchange for showing me his techniques. He said that if his stuff was for real, then I should post on the Tao bums to tell all those "assholes" it was for real.

Now, I am not Clyman. I was not hypnotized by Clyman. I do not care if anyone takes classes or receives information from Clyman. I am not one of Clyman's students. All that said, the guy is legitimate. You may call him an asshole. I probably would. But, he has powerful internal power. He threw me against a wall with one wave of long power, on the floor, and gave me several punches each with a different feeling in the chest/stomach. These 5 strikes corresponded with the five elements (wood, Earth, water, fire, and metal). He named them before he hit me. I know that what he showed me was real because I had experienced other Tai Chi artists do similar demonstrations of power to me. Clyman's was just more of the internal power.

Regardless of what you think about the man, please remember that the Tao gives rise to both pleasant and unpleasant personalities. I believe Gary Clyman is a good person. His approach and way of speaking may offend some sensibilities, but the guy knows what he is talking about. He is open to demonstrations, he has nothing to lose.

That is my peace. I am happy to be apart of the Tao Bum community.

Peace,

Shawn

• Like 1

I trained briefly with Ron Hoffman. Ron demonstrated on me. I've written about it on here.

wait -- can you feel the middle of your brain as magnetic bliss?

MORE on clyman... why was he banned? is this really true - becuase he seems to be the most skillful - there should be a duel between him and the authorized temple guys...

Howdy Shawn,

welcome to the site. I've trained with Gary as well and while you'll probably not experience a more huge ego in your life, the man does know his stuff- Jing. It is a little bit sad that he gives a crap about what a couple of internet 'critics' mention on the net. The weirdest thing about this guy is he gives out his stuff for free! Dorion posted it and on youtube

Do it and figure it out for yourself if he's doing it wrong. And if he is, then make a video and show him up.

Rich