effilang

Daoist Alchemy: Jerry A. Johnson

FYI, I received the following e-mail from Dr. Woody Swartz (aka Wu Dhi) today, regarding Dr. Johnson's upcoming seminars in Florida. He doesn't give the locations or dates, but interested parties could e-mail him (see end of message). This isn't one of my main areas of interest, so I won't be attending.

"Professor Jerry Alan Johnson will teach 2 special seminars in Florida. The first seminar will focus on the “Esoteric Realm of Ghosts and Spirits.” This unique seminar will teach students how to recognize the various types of spirits (from benign to malevolent), and what to do if and when you encounter them.

All classes will include both lecture and hands on application; the teaching will follow the material presented in Professor Johnson’s book entitled: “Daoist Exorcism: Encounters With Sorcerers, Ghosts, Spirits, and Demons.”

The total cost of this second two day seminar is only $450.00, and will cover the following topics:

Day #1: Introduction To The Spirit Realm
1. What makes an Individual Vulnerable and/or Susceptible to Ghost Encounters
• The Three Bodies and Three Worlds
• The differences between Psychosis and Neurosis
• The differences between Spirit Oppression, and Demonic Possession
• The Energetic Function of Shadow Spirits – Shadow Organs – Shadow Channels
• Why and How people attract Evil Spirits into their lives
• What “Feeds” them and why they stay
• When your home and/or clinic is impregnated with spirits
• Understanding Psychic Attacks
• The difference between Curses and Hexes

Day #2: Defenses Against Psychic Attacks
1. Applications Against Psychic Attacks
• Personal Protection (i.e., for your self – your mate – your family)
• Protection for the Home and/or Clinic
• Various techniques for creating an effective personal sanctuary
2. Purifying Applications
• Techniques for Clearing the Home and/or Clinic
Space
• Table Protocols For Removing Spirit Entities

Medical Qigong Therapy Seminar 2014 – Clinical Talismans Used To Enhance A Patient’s Healing

During the 2014, Professor Jerry Alan Johnson will teach a 1-day Seminar in Florida, on the topic of “Effective Home/Clinical Protection.” This second seminar will focus on teaching students the esoteric art of creating simple Daoist “Protection
Seals.” These special esoteric seal patterns were used in ancient China in every aspect of a doctor’s clinical practice. This special seminar is open to any Energetic Healer or student of Chinese Medicine who wants to go to the next level of Clinical Healing.

All classes will include both lecture and hands on application; the teaching will follow the material presented in Professor Johnson’s book entitled: “Daoist Exorcism: Encounters With Sorcerers, Ghosts, Spirits, and Demons.”

The total cost of this seminar is only $250.00, and will cover the following topics:

Day #1: Introduction To Effective Clinical Protection

1. Generating a Protective Clinical Environment

• Body: Postures and Hand Seal Applications

• Mind: Important Images, and Effective Visualizations

• Spirit: Sacred Sounds used to protect the doctor from clinical pathogens ? ?

2. Safe Clinical Purification Techniques

• Preparations and Precautions Against Absorbing Toxic Qi from the clinic

• How to Close an Energetic Portal??

3. How and When To Apply Healing Talismans onto Shen Disturbed Patients

• Preparations and Precautions

• Removing Energetic “Hitch-hikers”

Having these workshops in Florida is a blessing and a great opportunity. I had to travel to California and China many times at great expense to get these teachings. Having Dr. Johnson in Florida is a break for all of us to receive the teachings and practices.

Don’t hesitate for one moment to sign up for these classes. Contact me at
[email protected] to pre register and insure yourself a space, enrollment is limited".

• Like 3

This is not a shamanic service. If out of the goodness of your heart you do it, you give of yourself. This is absolutely allowed. Your heart is yours to spend as you see fit. If you give with spirits assisting in the exchange, however, this is a transaction. Ever heard of all those folks in Asia burning tons of paper money when they want something good for their deceased relatives? The idea is, only some super duper special dudes get direct assistance of major deities, the regular shaman or priest or lay practitioner must go via lesser spirits, and these have needs. Come to think of it, super dupers also address the needs of the spirits and deities in all traditions -- e.g. the Gilgamesh version of the Great Deluge has a Noah's counterpart being granted immortality by the gods because after they haphazardly drowned the whole of humanity, there was no one to make offerings and they were starving. This guy made the offerings upon reaching the first patch of dry land and gods and goddesses "rushed in like hungry flies" to the smoke of his incense and the vapors of his booze.

Of course the movers and shakers of human history may not have been a match for you, with your connections in the spirit world... that's understandable, but I described something traditional and standard, not something customized for someone special like you.

The burning of paper money is like giving xmas presents in the west. The burning of incense came from India and is not a Daoist thing. If anything was to be offered on an alter, a candle, flowers or fruit and when the Immortal comes to the shaman and he/she is possessed, a cup of tea. The Immortal spirit is already 'realized' he/she requires nothing else, but will ask of something like a cup of tea because this is the Chinese custom to offer a 'guest' to share. So what does the Immortal master require from us? A sincere heart. Back to Jerry Johnson, writing books and doing courses is just about making money and is not real teaching, you learn the letter but something is missing. Many years ago I used to run courses all over the country for money. One good thing that came out of this is I fed my family and the students actually got real teachings from the Immortals; something very unique. But after some time because it was my source of income, I became focused on needing to make the money. Realising this I gave up, for I knew that this was the wrong focus and I needed to treasure what I had been taught and not give it away to any old Tom, Dick or Harry just because they paid me to, who wouldn't necessarily have valued what I had taught them. I believe that Jerry Johnson's teachers valued what they taught him and most of the stuff contained in the above courses the vast majority of people at even high levels will not be truly able to achieve.

For instance I can teach people all of the things on that course, but I can't. Why? Because they don't have the power to realize that teaching. To have the power for instance, to see and recognize evil spirits etc., comes from the Immortal master who gives you his power. Will the Immortal master give up his power for any Tom dick or Harry? answer, NO. Its a money making exercise only. You will learn the letter and that's all.

• Like 1

Well, however we slice it, Flowing Hands was criticizing Johnson for some comment he made about Jesus and waxing all "the tao is emptiness, only emptiness and nothing but emptiness" and basically saying that anything and everything Johnson taught was invalidated by his hangup on Jesus.

I was just hazarding a guess that he's admired some sage or other himself. Perhaps even invoked? Canoodled with? I dunno.

There's more than one version of the 1-10 meditation? I was not aware of that. I think I only know the basic 1-10 meditation. What book are the others in?

Probably volume 3 of the medical qigong books, and probably the neigong book :). PS I book the table of contents of his books (some of them at least) in my PPF under the JAJ book club section....

• Like 2

I learned healing from another tradition, but I've found that there are a lot of similarities with Johnson's stuff.

They actually seem to combine the divine hookup, rooting the light, and invocations into one simple sentence: "May the will of the light be done." While I think it has been a good exercise for me to differentiate them a little more and understand the importance of each individual step and associated goal, I think all three can be accomplished with that one sentence.

There's a looooooot more to the divine hookup, and three invocations than a very powerful prayer/spoken words.

Complete nonsense, at this very time I am for the bums here begging for further verses of the DDJ. I have offered up many insights to various things on this site for free. You really don't know what you are talking about. A shaman may serve the community, he/she also lived alone on the mountains and then visited the local community where they taught their skills or did healing for return of goods. This allowed them to go back up the mountain. There is a traditional saying in spiritual and kung fu practices about going up and coming down the mountain. In my years a s a shaman I have healed and done all sorts of things for people and I would serve for free, for it is the Immortal Master who decides whether the person should pay not the shaman. In temples today, people who receive healing from a temple shaman usually pay by giving money to the temple committee for the up keep of the temple. The shaman receives nothing but spiritual merit. He/she follows the Daoist saying of looking for no profit but for serving others.

Of course plastic shamans exist today, who live in fancy houses surrounded by wealth and think it is fine to collect material possessions and wealth through what they do. They delude themselves into thinking that they are spirit led and delude their customers out of their money.

A pure spirit does not require any payment, conversely an impure spirit does.

Accepting money or not is irrelevant to bieng a shaman and/or ability to do such works.

On a side note, I have seen Dr. Johnson's house (Sifu and I stopped by for some errand or something) and it's not some mansion or something; nice house and all, but not like he's going overboard with things. Also I know for a fact it costs nearly as much to print his books for him as he charges (he doesn't mass produce them is why). He really doesn't make much on those.

Yes, I really did ask so why are Dr. Johnson's books so expensive :D (hey I charge that much for books too; mine are leatherbound). I sort of like the fact his cost so much, it makes it so not everyone works with the stuff in them, which I feel really wouldn't be a good idea.

• Like 4

The burning of paper money is like giving xmas presents in the west. The burning of incense came from India and is not a Daoist thing. If anything was to be offered on an alter, a candle, flowers or fruit and when the Immortal comes to the shaman and he/she is possessed, a cup of tea. The Immortal spirit is already 'realized' he/she requires nothing else, but will ask of something like a cup of tea because this is the Chinese custom to offer a 'guest' to share. So what does the Immortal master require from us? A sincere heart. Back to Jerry Johnson, writing books and doing courses is just about making money and is not real teaching, you learn the letter but something is missing. Many years ago I used to run courses all over the country for money. One good thing that came out of this is I fed my family and the students actually got real teachings from the Immortals; something very unique. But after some time because it was my source of income, I became focused on needing to make the money. Realising this I gave up, for I knew that this was the wrong focus and I needed to treasure what I had been taught and not give it away to any old Tom, Dick or Harry just because they paid me to, who wouldn't necessarily have valued what I had taught them. I believe that Jerry Johnson's teachers valued what they taught him and most of the stuff contained in the above courses the vast majority of people at even high levels will not be truly able to achieve.

For instance I can teach people all of the things on that course, but I can't. Why? Because they don't have the power to realize that teaching. To have the power for instance, to see and recognize evil spirits etc., comes from the Immortal master who gives you his power. Will the Immortal master give up his power for any Tom dick or Harry? answer, NO. Its a money making exercise only. You will learn the letter and that's all.

Uh huh... the "Daoist thing" was, originally, to sacrifice a hundred oxen at a yearly ceremony -- the Shang dynasty built the world's largest altar for the purpose. :ph34r::excl:

Incense (from Latin, literally "through the smoke") burning practices predate both taoism and hinduism by at least tens of thousands of years. (A native shaman who initiated me in Peru blew the smoke directly into the top of my head...) As for burning money to send it in its spirit form to the spirit world, it's not "like Christmas prresents in the West" -- it's been picked up by lay taoists but originally it has been, and is, performed by taoist priests on various ritual occasions and has been, and remains, the standard practice of taoist sorcery, talismanic magic, invocational practices, devotional practices, and so on.

You are not the first and probably not the last taobum who comes here to bash teachers who teach and to declare that THEY could teach more and better if it wasn't for_______ -- fill in the blanks, for whatever esoteric obstacle they cite as the reason for not teaching. I've always seen contributions of this nature as textbook cases of the sour grapes. I'm not a fan of this approach, to put it mildly -- which doesn't mean that what I have to say on the subject is "complete nonsense" and that I "don't know what I'm talking about." It merely means I have my own POV. Think you can live with that? :mellow:

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

Uh huh... the "Daoist thing" was, originally, to sacrifice a hundred oxen at a yearly ceremony -- the Shang dynasty built the world's largest altar for the purpose. :ph34r::excl:

Incense (from Latin, literally "through the smoke") burning practices predate both taoism and hinduism by at least tens of thousands of years. (A native shaman who initiated me in Peru blew the smoke directly into the top of my head...) As for burning money to send it in its spirit form to the spirit world, it's not "like Christmas prresents in the West" -- it's been picked up by lay taoists but originally it has been, and is, performed by taoist priests on various ritual occasions and has been, and remains, the standard practice of taoist sorcery, talismanic magic, invocational practices, devotional practices, and so on.

You are not the first and probably not the last taobum who comes here to bash teachers who teach and to declare that THEY could teach more and better if it wasn't for_______ -- fill in the blanks, for whatever esoteric obstacle they cite as the reason for not teaching. I've always seen contributions of this nature as textbook cases of the sour grapes. I'm not a fan of this approach, to put it mildly -- which doesn't mean that what I have to say on the subject is "complete nonsense" and that I "don't know what I'm talking about." It merely means I have my own POV. Think you can live with that? :mellow:

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but whatever you do, don't go saying what I am and what I am not when you don't know anything about me or what I have done or not done in my life OK:) What I mean by its like xmas is that it has become something that people do but really it has very little meaning in reality; it is part of the superstitious culture that has become embedded in folk Daoism. Incense was never used in Daoist/bon po Shamanism, it has been brought into its use by the spread of Buddhism and Hinduism from India. So like my sect we have a cross between the two and we use incense sometimes but I was told by the Immortal Master that it was not necessary and this is where it comes from. The pure path is 'Dao xin'. No incense. No money, keep it separate from spiritual path, don't sell your teachings.

Edited by flowing hands

Flowing Hands, since there is so much confusing about your path, would you mind explaining it in more detail, especially relating to you specifically? This might reduce misunderstandings...

• Like 2

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but whatever you do, don't go saying what I am and what I am not when you don't know anything about me or what I have done or not done in my life OK:)

That this protest comes from the lips of someone willing to dismiss Jerry Alan Johnson's whole spiritual life based on a sound bite from a video interview is very ironic.

• Like 6

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but whatever you do, don't go saying what I am and what I am not when you don't know anything about me or what I have done or not done in my life OK:) What I mean by its like xmas is that it has become something that people do but really it has very little meaning in reality; it is part of the superstitious culture that has become embedded in folk Daoism. Incense was never used in Daoist/bon po Shamanism, it has been brought into its use by the spread of Buddhism and Hinduism from India. So like my sect we have a cross between the two and we use incense sometimes but I was told by the Immortal Master that it was not necessary and this is where it comes from. The pure path is 'Dao xin'. No incense. No money, keep it separate from spiritual path, don't sell your teachings.

All I "go saying" was, I have such information about JAJ and don't have it about FH.

What I "think" may be an opinion but what I say I "don't know" is an irrefutable fact. I don't know if FH is a shaman, and can't possibly come to the conclusion that he is based exclusively on "he says so."

I have great respect for the "superstitious culture" and view all stances of superiority toward its traditional practices as spiritual colonialism.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

All I "go saying" was, I have such information about JAJ and don't have it about FH.

What I "think" may be an opinion but what I say I "don't know" is an irrefutable fact. I don't know if FH is a shaman, and can't possibly come to the conclusion that he is based exclusively on "he says so."

I have great respect for the "superstitious culture" and view all stances of superiority toward its traditional practices as spiritual colonialism.

What is real and not real depends on where you stand and to what lens you use to see through.

comes from the Immortal master who gives you his power.

being that I've always been a huge DIY guy, the notion that this is...ah...necessary? still doesnt sit right. once lit carry your own torch in a way. or is it just that your main thing is the...um...conduit approach? pardon any gross oversimplifications in verbiage. of course.

• Like 3

being that I've always been a huge DIY guy, the notion that this is...ah...necessary? still doesnt sit right. once lit carry your own torch in a way. or is it just that your main thing is the...um...conduit approach? pardon any gross oversimplifications in verbiage. of course.

Of course if you are enlightened you will posses spiritual power, If you are not then you have to rely on the Immortal Master to give it to you if he/she thinks you are a suitable person. How do think that you can communicate and control the spiritual realm without spiritual power?

Human or mortals are limited by being just that. The power that a human can posses is limited and has to be. The living structure of a body can only take so much power. But an Immortal is not living in a mortal body, their power is unlimited.

Edited by flowing hands

fuhsi3.jpg

Fuxi the founder of" taoism proper" predates Li Ehr by some 2,300 years. He is the ultimate authority for those who seek to maintain the bridge between shamanism and taoism.

Laozi, aka Li Ehr, the teacher of the Ruler, has little to offer to the Subject. "The Way and its Power" is a manual for the powerful, not for the "enlightened" (a buddhist concept with no counterpart in "taoism proper," incidentally. The Dark Mother is in no need of being "enlightened" by sun-worshipping Indo-European spiritual descendants of the Sumerian sun-god cults.)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

fuhsi3.jpg

Fuxi the founder of" taoism proper" predates Li Ehr by some 2,300 years. He is the ultimate authority for those who seek to maintain the bridge between shamanism and taoism.

Laozi, aka Li Ehr, the teacher of the Ruler, has little to offer to the Subject. "The Way and its Power" is a manual for the powerful, not for the "enlightened" (a buddhist concept with no counterpart in "taoism proper," incidentally. The Dark Mother is in no need of being "enlightened" by sun-worshipping Indo-European spiritual descendants of the Sumerian sun-god cults.)

I think we are being a bit picky. Li Eh actually pre-dates fuxi, he was an Immortal for many thousands of years before he incarnated in about 600BCE. The term 'enlightened' although was first used by Buddhists, has now become a norm in Daoism to mean 'realized person' (Xian Ren).

The divine hookup is very personal. Judging by the fact that *I* in particular do it, and have been taught it by them...... shows that it most definitely can and should be (with the proper guidelines in mind) customized ;). (I'm neither Christian nor Daoist).

Though unless you are really clear on what each bit does and why, best to not go changing things more than a word or two for the "divine" part. (yes obviously adding in some prayer of your tradition Green Tiger sounds good, and I do as well).

I think the use of the word 'divine' was maybe unfortunate as it connotes something which may not be intended.

I don't know if FH is a shaman, and can't possibly come to the conclusion that he is based exclusively on "he says so."

I don't think we can know such things from chatting alone.

• Like 1

I think the use of the word 'divine' was maybe unfortunate as it connotes something which may not be intended.

I always took it as him using a non specific and non-demonetization phrase which was sort of all encompassing since different people come in with different beleifs.

I always took it as him using a non specific and non-demonetization phrase which was sort of all encompassing since different people come in with different beleifs.

Yes... that may be HIS understanding and usage... but when you use that word to a room full of newbie practitioners, it will go in according to their own physical/spiritual paradigm.

IN my class, many were quickly talking as if Jesus was the 'hookup'.... I just sat there and shook my internal head...

• Like 2

I think we are being a bit picky. Li Eh actually pre-dates fuxi, he was an Immortal for many thousands of years before he incarnated in about 600BCE. The term 'enlightened' although was first used by Buddhists, has now become a norm in Daoism to mean 'realized person' (Xian Ren).

Even Buddhists don't actually say enlightened ... they say awakened ... its just that western translators use the term. Just as they don't say meditate ... more like cultivate.

• Like 6

There's a looooooot more to the divine hookup, and three invocations than a very powerful prayer/spoken words.

That will depend upon your level of spiritual evolution. For those of the highest level of evolution, only the intention is required to bring source itself to your feet.

That will depend upon your level of spiritual evolution. For those of the highest level of evolution, only the intention is required to bring source itself to your feet.

Emptying the teacup first no matter how experienced or evolved one is, works really well too :).

• Like 4

Yes... that may be HIS understanding and usage... but when you use that word to a room full of newbie practitioners, it will go in according to their own physical/spiritual paradigm.

IN my class, many were quickly talking as if Jesus was the 'hookup'.... I just sat there and shook my internal head...

as if Jesus was the 'hookup': Which doesn't make much difference. The Daoist Ritual Dan for such things as the Rite of Cosmic Renewal includes those gods who are the core of the Daoist pantheon on the North Wall, the Daoist Gods ruling the cosmos in the East, West and center and the gods of the popular religion along the Southern wall, this includes traditional Chinese Gods, but also Quanyin who is not strictly a Daoist goddess and if one is so inclined could include Jesus, who as a 'god' of the popular religion could as easily be added to Daoist practice as such 'immortals' as Hua Tuo Xian Shi, Chi Tien Da Shen and even Li Erh Xian Shi, who in this form belongs in the South, and are the ones with which 'flowing hands' is so enamored.

Religious Daoists are free and happy souls who are always open to adding a new god to the south wall, if it is their whim.

There is of course more to this, but this is part of the reason I am not upset by Jerry Alan Johnson's 'sound bite' about Jesus.

And just as a personal note, should someone consider it relevant, no I have not and would not add Jesus to my practice.

• Like 4

Except the 'divine' is not about any immortal, god, or spirit... as taught in the course.

My only point was: The word 'divine' mislead from the start.

If you say so. I've tried both and I think the same effect can be accomplished with either method.