Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

But yeh fruits + greens / herbs + veges + nuts + sun + water + sleep + EXERCISE ^_^

A work in progress for myself also

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

when eating raw did you eat mainly green foods or how was your diet? because balance is the key! you may have needed to add some carbs to your diet.

I ate greens and carbs. I probably needed B-12, now that I think about it. I probably didn't need to eat steak.

At the time, though, I thought it was funny to break a vegan period with a little steak. I had a big old bellyache from that little steak.

• Like 1

I ate greens and carbs. I probably needed B-12, now that I think about it. I probably didn't need to eat steak.

At the time, though, I thought it was funny to break a vegan period with a little steak. I had a big old bellyache from that little steak.

one of the superfoods i mentioned earlier( spirulina ) has the entire b-chain in it, plus omegas, all the essential amino acids man you should really check them out....

Dmatt

Bitter- heart/fire

Pungent (spicy); lung/metal

Sweet- spleen/earth

Sour-liver/wood

Salty-kidney/water

Could it work like this?

Bitter - Different herbs
Spicy - Ginger
Sweet - Orange
Sour - Lemon
Salty - Tomato

I think it could work with TCM?

• Like 2

A lot of people are B 12 deficient regardless of diet.

I have come across a number of meat eaters that are also deficient in iron..kinda odd?

And the same people will ask me where do I get iron from...

Hmm

I tried spirulina powder ages ago... I was in a rush and decided to just get a scoop of it and eat it as it was... not a good idea hahah

• Like 1

It seems another mistake people make on the diet is having too many fats... oils / refined oils etc.

Making the blood oilly / body lethargic.

Karl Ess (vegan body builder) has a number of good videos explaining it all. ^^

• Like 1

yeah when i wanted to truly know if it can be done i researched vegan bodybuilders, and saw that it is completly possible to build muscle without meat. and building muscle myself i now know from experience that it can be done.

• Like 1

So what about the hunter gatherer cultures that eat meat -- the original human culture -- the Bushmen - relies on eating meat.

Sure when they do the qigong training they are vegetarian and fast and the teenage girls are kept from getting pregnant by keeping their diet low in fat - no nuts allowed - the main food source is nuts.

About 80% of their diet is vegetables and greens and nuts but probably 20% is meat.

Anyway people in cold climates tend to rely on meat -- like even in Tibetan Buddhist culture they eat meat.

So for the Bushmen they take into account the spirit of the animal after the animal is killed - so they actually don't eat the meat until the spirit leaves the area - they wait overnight before eating the meat. Otherwise the spirit would tell the living animals what the humans are up to and the living animals would get scared off.

Anyway especially people who live off ocean meat - like whale and walrus, etc. - they are extremely healthy since it's all high in Omega 3 and unsaturated fat.

• Like 1

Dmatt

Could it work like this?

Bitter - Different herbs

Spicy - Ginger

Sweet - Orange

Sour - Lemon

Salty - Tomato

I think it could work with TCM?

Well that is the idea, but of course you don't want to just eat those specific 5 things lol

So what about the hunter gatherer cultures that eat meat -- the original human culture -- the Bushmen - relies on eating meat.

Sure when they do the qigong training they are vegetarian and fast and the teenage girls are kept from getting pregnant by keeping their diet low in fat - no nuts allowed - the main food source is nuts.

About 80% of their diet is vegetables and greens and nuts but probably 20% is meat.

Anyway people in cold climates tend to rely on meat -- like even in Tibetan Buddhist culture they eat meat.

So for the Bushmen they take into account the spirit of the animal after the animal is killed - so they actually don't eat the meat until the spirit leaves the area - they wait overnight before eating the meat. Otherwise the spirit would tell the living animals what the humans are up to and the living animals would get scared off.

Anyway especially people who live off ocean meat - like whale and walrus, etc. - they are extremely healthy since it's all high in Omega 3 and unsaturated fat.

girls are kept from getting pregnant by keeping their diet low in fat - no nuts allowed

Yup you keep them girls away from the nuts and they won't get pregnant lol.

Yea the diet of the Eskimos in Alaska is overwhelmingly animal based. If they down a flask of seal oil even in the midst of winter there they can break out in sweat.

Also just like what you were saying about the Bushmen. The Eskimos are very spiritual about their whale hunts. They have a big ceremony before they leave and no women are allowed to participate or even see the men before they go out on the hunt. They say the whales "give themselves" and when they bring it back they honor its spirit and thank it for feeding the whole village for quite a while.

When you get your bachelors degree from the University of Alaska you pick up a few things along the way haha.

http://www.amazon.com/Whales-They-Give-Themselves-Conversations/dp/1889963666

• Like 2

Yup you keep them girls away from the nuts and they won't get pregnant lol.

Yea the diet of the Eskimos in Alaska is overwhelmingly animal based. If they down a flask of seal oil even in the midst of winter there they can break out in sweat.

Also just like what you were saying about the Bushmen. The Eskimos are very spiritual about their whale hunts. They have a big ceremony before they leave and no women are allowed to participate or even see the men before they go out on the hunt. They say the whales "give themselves" and when they bring it back they honor its spirit and thank it for feeding the whole village for quite a while.

When you get your bachelors degree from the University of Alaska you pick up a few things along the way haha.

http://www.amazon.com/Whales-They-Give-Themselves-Conversations/dp/1889963666

A great doc on the whale hunt is that "Wild Medicine" documentary -- it's on netflix - two medical brothers - they go to tribes around the world -- Tibetan traditional medicine, the whale hunters, the ayahuasca, the pgymy Baka people.

Anyway the whale hunters has this reflex where their body increases blood flow to their extremities so their hands stay warm.

Dang - that would be so awesome! Seriously that's like being a mermaid or something. haha.

I got frostbite when I lived in the cabin in Alaska and ever since my fingers get cold frosty real fast here in Minnesota.....

Anyway I didn't even get bad frostbite - I didn't think anything of it at the time but I didn't realize it would set me back for life. haha.

So I wonder if that "hunter reflex" involves some qi meridians or something. haha. Like when John Chang turns on his chi they show his arm pulsating - some nerve. Probably switching to his parasympathetic nerve from his sympathetic --

The Inuit in Canada's far north have lifespans 12 to 15 years shorter than the average Canadian's, government data showed on Wednesday, putting the aboriginal people on a par with developing countries such as Guatemala and Mongolia.

At 64 to 67 years, Inuit life expectancy "appears to have stagnated" between 1991 and 2001, and falls well short of Canada's average of 79.5 years, which has steadily risen, Statistics Canada said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/01/23/us-inuit-idUSN2362426520080123

A great doc on the whale hunt is that "Wild Medicine" documentary -- it's on netflix - two medical brothers - they go to tribes around the world -- Tibetan traditional medicine, the whale hunters, the ayahuasca, the pgymy Baka people.

Anyway the whale hunters has this reflex where their body increases blood flow to their extremities so their hands stay warm.

Dang - that would be so awesome! Seriously that's like being a mermaid or something. haha.

I got frostbite when I lived in the cabin in Alaska and ever since my fingers get cold frosty real fast here in Minnesota.....

Anyway I didn't even get bad frostbite - I didn't think anything of it at the time but I didn't realize it would set me back for life. haha.

So I wonder if that "hunter reflex" involves some qi meridians or something. haha. Like when John Chang turns on his chi they show his arm pulsating - some nerve. Probably switching to his parasympathetic nerve from his sympathetic --

One day in meridian theory class I asked my professor about meridians and evolution (I think he cringes when I raise my hand sometimes lol) Anyways he said that yes various nationalities evolve slightly different meridian systems as an adaptation for the climates they came from. So while we did not specifically mention Eskimos it would seem reasonable to assume that the meridians and blood vessels in their extremities are better adapted to the extreme cold. Even after having been in Austin about 2 years now I still get way hotter than everyone else I know here, and when I'm comfy everyone else is freezing their arse off lol.

At 64 to 67 years, Inuit life expectancy "appears to have stagnated" between 1991 and 2001, and falls well short of Canada's average of 79.5 years, which has steadily risen, Statistics Canada said.

Its a hard life up there. Wears ya out faster.

• Like 1

its not that humans cant eat meat its that we dont need to eat meat. but i do understand cultures that dont have access to large ammounts of veggeies like we do. that being said although they dont live as long as most of the mondern cultures, cultures like the aborigine or inuet they have no true worries and live a life of abundance where everything is free, while we live a life of servitude with too many superficial worries. oh how nice it would be!

One day in meridian theory class I asked my professor about meridians and evolution (I think he cringes when I raise my hand sometimes lol) Anyways he said that yes various nationalities evolve slightly different meridian systems as an adaptation for the climates they came from. So while we did not specifically mention Eskimos it would seem reasonable to assume that the meridians and blood vessels in their extremities are better adapted to the extreme cold. Even after having been in Austin about 2 years now I still get way hotter than everyone else I know here, and when I'm comfy everyone else is freezing their arse off lol.

Its a hard life up there. Wears ya out faster.

yeah but how much of that is Westernization -- like that Tribal doctors doc tested the dude whose wife liked to feed him Western food like hot dogs instead of whale. His blood cholesterol bad levels were way worse than his friends. I'm guessing alcohol probably also takes a big toll.....

yeah but how much of that is Westernization -- like that Tribal doctors doc tested the dude whose wife liked to feed him Western food like hot dogs instead of whale. His blood cholesterol bad levels were way worse than his friends. I'm guessing alcohol probably also takes a big toll.....

I actually asked that question to my native studies professor. According to her in the pre-missionary days old for an Eskimo was about what was stated earlier 50s-60s and the most common cause of death was malnutrition (you live 60 years up there and its bound to happen that a hunt or two is not successful). So that was the biggest pre-missionary cause of mortality.

Upon contact with the missionaries the mortality rate fell drastically as up to 90% of the population died in massive small pox extinctions.

Of those survivors of the small pox holocaust the primary killer became alcoholism as alcohol did not exist in Eskimo culture prior to the missionaries so they had no natural tolerance built up for thousands of years like other cultures did. Though a problem alcoholism is a bigger problem amongst males who leave their native villages and move to towns as they no longer have anything to do (hunting). Women tend to do better in the towns as inside work is their domain so they tend to get jobs more often and don't have quite the same problems. Alcoholism in the native villages is still a problem and is responsible for lowering the overall mortality statistics but is not quite as acute as in towns.

• Like 1

just to clarify the "fall of man" thing... I don't mean this in the abrahmanic religious sense

the "original sin" type of stuff...

maybe more in terms of missing the mark / mistake

like over indulging in alcohol for example you could consider a "fall" ...

The inherent divine nature is untouchable... but some things may cloud it

Okay. Now that post allows me to be a bit closer to being able to agree with you.

Let's not cloud our reasoning with unsupportable mythology. Let's stick to the facts.

I think that the "fall of man" can be traced to his/her greed for more than is needed. And this greed prevents the willingness to share. And to many's refusal to do their fair share of the work needed for everyone to live in harmony.

I don't see the eating of meat having anything to do with it. But to the cruelity, I am in agreement with you.

Anyone have any thought on why I have had urges to eat meat recently? Could spring time have an effect?

I guess you are vegetarian? how many years?

A little over a year. I haven't had any urges until now.

Anyone have any thought on why I have had urges to eat meat recently? Could spring time have an effect?

How much iron do you get from your food?

Sign in to follow this