Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

Fish has been shown to have a positive effect on the brain,

Eating fish has other health benefits as well.

For anyone following along that wants to experience vitality (life)

Consume life/light become life/light

Consume death become death Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Consume life/light become life/light

Consume death become death

Bad, bad metaphor.

Do you eat your tomatoes and beans directly off the vine while they are still alive or do you pick and wash them before eating them? If the latter then you are consuming a life form that you have killed.

I can't recall ever eating a fish while it was still alive.

A vegetarian diet is very good for people cultivating qi. It is a difficult diet for everyone. It is best suited for a quasi-monastic approach. For men, it is very taxing if there is normal depletion of semen on a vegetarian diet.

Peace.

• Like 1

Bad, bad metaphor.

Do you eat your tomatoes and beans directly off the vine while they are still alive or do you pick and wash them before eating them? If the latter then you are consuming a life form that you have killed.

Unlike meat, vegetable life does not die an instantaneous death when harvested.

If a tomato died when you plucked it, it would be dirt by the time you arrived at water.

This is true fruit + veges etc are an offering from the plant... helps to cultivate them.

Fruit + Veges are condensed LIGHT...sunlight + water.

The veges are full of "light"

The idea of RAW is that fire begins to break down the energy in the fruit/vege.

Ideally you want to eat fresh (that which you can) or just lightly steam etc. Below 150 degrees I think.

Ideally fresh.

Bad, bad metaphor.

It is no metaphor.

Take it literally.

No don't eat live fish

You can have fish if you want.

A good transition... or maybe become a Pescetarian (The fish get to live a wild life? they die very quick? - less harm... the water today is very bad though... BP oil leak... FUKUSHIMA nuclear waste leaking into the oceans @_@... pesticides + other toxic chemicals... healthy? I did enjoy sushi :o)

At the least balance the dark and the light?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

A vegetarian diet is very good for people cultivating qi. It is a difficult diet for everyone. It is best suited for a quasi-monastic approach. For men, it is very taxing if there is normal depletion of semen on a vegetarian diet.

Peace.

No. Most of the vegetarians I know are no monks, nor qi cultivators. They most of the times are just normal folks. And they get very well with it.

Almost anyone could become vegetarians, if they knew how to do and had the courage to do it.

Are we all still eating meat or have we become vegetarians?

Watched a documentary last night and again it was pointed out that fire and eating cooked meat allowed man's brain to increase by one-third.

I like plant food too though. Just today I bought some mustard and horseradish I mixed together and will put on my bread when I eat my cheese and turkey sandwich.

Watched a documentary last night and again it was pointed out that fire and eating cooked meat allowed man's brain to increase by one-third.

...which made us intelligent enough to destroy our envirronement, create the nuclear bomb, the internet (on which I am wasting my time right now), cigarettes, fanatic religions....

Perhaps this is the "fall of man" mentioned in the topic title!

What-if-the-history-they-teach-us-isnt-e

AHAHA... sorry

I've been seeing this thought bouncing around the bums. It may be true at grammar school and high school level, but when you dig into history with a respected historian, you can find out the truth. A real historian doesn't have an axe to grind or bias. They go beyond the days press conference into personal letters, cause and effects, detective work, following the money and understanding the period within its context and the social rules and norms that guided it.

My favorite historian in Paul Johnson, all his works are wonderfully readable. For example: in his book about Socrates he explains the sources information that comes to us then which of those he finds most credible. Even those from a direct student, at the point they were written the student Plato(?) was increasingly biased thus his later writings are not a good source.

• Like 2

There is always some level of subjectivity in the conclusions,

even if the data is as objective as can be found.

Though I know people who truly make every effort they can

to arrive at the conclusions that the data suggests

, its the strongest position to be in ( when the data supports your conclusions)

In the sciences in particular there are plenty of folks who want to grind their axe

on someone elses conclusion.

He who would try to determine the percentage would have to judge everybody else and

as Cz wouldve said , "who can judge between us" ( with impartiality).

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

...which made us intelligent enough to destroy our envirronement, create the nuclear bomb, the internet (on which I am wasting my time right now), cigarettes, fanatic religions....

Perhaps this is the "fall of man" mentioned in the topic title!

Or perhaps we can avoid those negative things. I don't own a nuclear bomb. I have never set one off. I don't destroy the environment, yes, I do smoke, but I don't have a religion to blindly follow. And I eat meat. But I have never killed without just cause.

Perhaps the "fall of man" is just a trick to get people to do what the originator wants them to do. Now, send me five hundred dollars and I will make sure you name is on the list to go to heaven when you die.

When I say "fall from grace"

I am thinking about the Taoist Immortal... that humanity was like this in the beginning.

and now we are we... and trying to get to that? to THAT you know?

Sign in to follow this