Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

I'm not in a cage.

Now you are! :lol:

No, but seriously... maybe YOU'RE "too old" to deal with our future, but you're just as much in the same cage as we are. You've just stopped caring about it and letting it bother you. thats all.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

... but you're just as much in the same cage as we are. You've just stopped caring about it and letting it bother you. thats all.

Perhaps.

Imagined cages are something else. They seem so freakin' real!

You've heard the story? A man was put into a prison cell and remained there for ten years. One day, by accident, he tripped onto the cell door and found that it was not locked. Never was. He could have left any time he wanted to.

Now you are! :lol:

No, but seriously... maybe YOU'RE "too old" to deal with our future, but you're just as much in the same cage as we are. You've just stopped caring about it and letting it bother you. thats all.

So he should 'let things bother him' more ? or he would be more in tune with the reality of things more if he were still bothered? Just wondering where it suggests that in all of Taoist canon because Ive never read anything in any of it that was more in exact opposition to that. But I might've missed it .

You have right to your opinion but -Can you point me at a chapter or author with the opinion you just promoted?

i dont DO scripture, indictrination, or brain washing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

So he should 'let things bother him' more ? or he would be more in tune with the reality of things more if he were still bothered? Just wondering where it suggests that in all of Taoist canon because Ive never read anything in any of it that was more in exact opposition to that. But I might've missed it .

You have right to your opinion but -Can you point me at a chapter or author with the opinion you just promoted?

i dont DO scripture, indictrination, or brain washing. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I didnt say you had to be following the author , the author and you could be in innate agreement.

Or you could be entirely your own author without any outside interference

It just doesnt appear to have anything in common with Taoism , seems more like buddhism.( and yet it seems to miss the dispassion thingie too)

"if you arent full of righteous indignation, then you arent paying attention. 'nuff said."

If he isnt full of righteous indignation its a credit to his practice ,

because I thought you had just said he didnt have any compassion-

because he was old jaded deluded or too weak to give a crap.

Edited by Stosh

Perhaps.

You've heard the story? A man was put into a prison cell and remained there for ten years. One day, by accident, he tripped onto the cell door and found that it was not locked. Never was. He could have left any time he wanted to.

But because it was never necessary, why would he have anyways?

I'm trying to present to you all, the necessity of action. "You" dont want to hear it. Or at least, it sure doesnt look like most of ya are wanting to listen.

I must be wrong since i spent my whole life trying to untangle this knot and came to the conclusion to simply cut it away.

But y'all dones want to cut it, that's somehow the wrong answer?

Well... it's binding you as much as it is me. you can ignore the bondage, but i cannot, will not, and by all means MUST not.

Perhaps.

Good story.

The story I heard is a man was so afraid of everything, that he barricaded himself inside his own house. Every day he put up more fence, and got online to convince others that they also in cages.

if my appearance belies my intentions, then what would you rather i say or do?

Just tell me some lies that make you feel good about yourself. I'll believe you.

Just tell me some lies that make you feel good about yourself. I'll believe you.

Marblehead, you're the master of tao. :)

Marblehead, you're the master of tao. :)

Hehehe. I don't know about that but I do feel I know a little about life in the reality zone.

if my appearance belies my intentions, then what would you rather i say or do?

If the way i come off to you disagrees with my objectives of non-violently and peacefully returning humanity to nature at their own consent with ZERO obstacles enforcing civility upon them and allowing them, US, to live communal, down to earth lives, anywhere that we may be capable of establishing our lifeways, then tell me, how would YOU go about accomplishing this?

Or you can tell me some lies that make you feel better about yourself, just dont expect me to believe them.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Watch the free video "Forks Over Knives" and read the book "The China Study"

Our Western diet is not a healthy diet. Watch and read and you will see.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/279734

It is easy and appealing to argue for Meat - but it is a bit like pushing a Hummer as the best natural choice for transportation.

• Like 2

If the way i come off to you disagrees with my objectives of non-violently and peacefully returning humanity to nature at their own consent with ZERO obstacles enforcing civility upon them and allowing them, US, to live communal, down to earth lives, anywhere that we may be capable of establishing our lifeways, then tell me, how would YOU go about accomplishing this?

Nothing wrong with your desires and aspirations.

Some have tried before, most have failed. I think that the failures is due to just the why the human animal is.

I have no idea how one would go about doing this as I have never considered it.

I have learned how to live well within the system and still be pretty much of an anarchist.

The choices are our own, you know. We can elect to live within the system or try to live outside the system.

But don't expect me to just give you what you need while you are sitting on your butt doing nothing to help. You gotta' put something into it before you are allowed to take something out of it.

Actually, eating meat is only a problem for a very few. But again, if they decide to not eat meat that is their choice. But I ask others to not try to make my choices for me. That would cause conflict.

Sign in to follow this