Lindelani Mnisi

Grounding queries

I recently began doing grounding (because I'm listening to your advice) and I don't know much about it...I was doing the grounding meditation (two hours ago), the one where you imagine roots coming out of your feet/root chakra and I fell asleep in the middle of the meditation, for like close to an hour...is that a good thing? Is it normal to fall asleep meditating, cause even whem I'm sleepy I don't fall asleep while meditating. And I don't recall dreaming...oh and before grounding, I communicated to my deceased parents (I read about how to do it, on a psychic page that talked about the importance of grounding) could that have played a part in me falling asleep for close to an hour?

It's not good to fall asleep meditating... we're aiming to develop super vivid, sharp, one pointed effortless concentration. But I'm sure most of us have. :)

Get 'The Attention Revolution' by Alan Wallace to ensure you've got the right balance between effort and relaxation, and understand meditation properly. Aside from that, obviously don't meditate when you're tired, and if you start getting sleepy stand for a bit then refocus.

• Like 2

Falling asleep during meditation is common. Just takes practice to maintain ones awareness. Also there needs to be balance in everything....being too grounded can make us lethargic and immovable.

Doing Hatha Yoga has been always been very grounding for me, as well as martial arts...anything that puts your firmly in your body and brings you back to your center. Best of luck.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 2

You subconcious needed to catch up. Next time try to ground before doing more "spiritual" stuff.

As OldGreen said, using your body as anchor is good. My recommendation is Zhan Zhuang practice:

Taking up martial arts and becoming more responsable and clear minded constantly for own actions and thinking on day to day basis is good for grounding .

You subconcious needed to catch up. Next time try to ground before doing more "spiritual" stuff.

As OldGreen said, using your body as anchor is good. My recommendation is Zhan Zhuang practice:

What do you mean it needed to catch up?

I'm currently googling Zhan Zhaung, but am confused by the explainnations, could you sum it up for me, and explain it as if you were explaining it to a 10 year old (laimans terms) please

Working with intense emotion can be incredibly tiring, especially if you haven't processed it all yet as your conscious mind is doing all it can to deal with the situation and maintain control while these emotions are being stirred up. So I'm not at all surprised doing something like talking to your deceased parents sent you to sleep. I'm not so sure such such a practice is that healthy though at least not doing it in an occult way and without proper support, you may be digging up emotional content when you aren't fully ready to process it yet .

I'm currently googling Zhan Zhaung, but am confused by the explainnations, could you sum it up for me, and explain it as if you were explaining it to a 10 year old (laimans terms) please

See http://thetaobums.com/topic/27298-horse-stance/. Ask Protector if you're confused, he seems the horse stance expert on here.

Enjoy! This is grounding AND really boosts your chi AND builds discipline.

..hm

Edited by sinansencer

hm

Edited by sinansencer

Oh thank you, but I remember someone telling me that horse stance just builds up a lot of chi and doesn't help with grounding?...you do have a good point jetsun, But I was just trying to make sure they've crossed over to the other side, because the page I read was about spirits that linger, so I figured, just in case, let me do it. Cause you know parents - they'd want to make sure we end up/grow safe and happy

Oh thank you, but I remember someone telling me that horse stance just builds up a lot of chi and doesn't help with grounding?

I lol'd :D

For grounding? BAGUA! :) Ok so perhaps I'm a little biased heh. Any good traditional martial arts would do it. Hell hiking even helps. Always keeping in mind to bring the qi back down and SINK it down. Keeping your chin down and not up with head back ever is good. I have this student who kept having troubles and needed to ground, and all of the above is what helped the most.

Talking to one's ancestors is about the least grounding thing I can think of. I mean for someone new to such things, especially from a random website on the internet *winces*. Btw, the chances you got your actual ancestors instead of just random other dead folks who are bored or hungry is about 50/50 if you are doing it via advice from a psychic site on the net. Just thought I'd mention. There are specific traditions setup for such things.

• Like 3

Feel being loved and accepted is a good grounding tool for me.

The theory says that you can find that inisde yourself, and that's all there is.

Before one reaches that stage, regular folks like us need more solid connection.

I'm sorry about your parents. Who's your guardian now? Do you have good relationship with your guardian?

I am not sure what is this western term of "grounding" means. I believe I had seen a picture with a piece of wire attached to the mattress where someone was sitting on for meditation. What I want to know is that for the purpose of discharging the electrostatic current to the ground....??? Is that what it means by "grounding".....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Feel being loved and accepted is a good grounding tool for me.

The theory says that you can find that inisde yourself, and that's all there is.

Before one reaches that stage, regular folks like us need more solid connection.

I'm sorry about your parents. Who's your guardian now? Do you have good relationship with your guardian?

Thanks for the condolences hydrogen...it's my Uncle and Aunt and no. Why?

Thanks for the condolences hydrogen...it's my Uncle and Aunt and no. Why?

Sorry, you have to bear the burden at such young age. What's wrong with the relationship? Do they have other kids?

However, in the old day, a 19 years old could have seen the cruety of many battles during the wars. Everything is relative.

I'm sure you're a capable young man, you'll find happiness.

Well mostly verbal and emotional abuse...no they don't have kids...Yeah in the long run, it helps that I have a big brother, but now that I think about it, I remember like a year after living with them, I started having these feelings/sensations: electricity flowing through my body, and a bit of paralyzes...it must have been my astral body trying to escape the situation...

I am not sure what is this western term of "grounding" means. I believe I had seen a picture with a piece of wire attached to the mattress where someone was sitting on for meditation. What I want to know is that for the purpose of discharging the electrostatic current to the ground....??? Is that what it means by "grounding".....???

Basically qi and energy sunk down to dantien, or at least not up in the head/chest. Well also being rooted.

Basically qi and energy sunk down to dantien, or at least not up in the head/chest. Well also being rooted.

Thank you very much for responding. Good, I have noticed that you had said "qi and energy". Are qi and energy two separate entities to you....??? Thnx.

a lot of grounding is simple alignment - arrangement of structures so that they are as open and free flowing as possible. rooting, however, is a lil different.

Something has to go up for other things to go down. So what gets separated as up and down will make for a different experience.

Open the bai hui, or crown and it will pull the zhong ding up from the perenium. Gravity will pull everything else the other way. Doing both things together creates a center. That center is the dan tien.

Once the dan tien can be in one place, it can be in many places.