Vmarco

If you had 1 Week to Live?

If you had 1 Week to Live....what would be important?

"99.9% of the World's so-called wisdom, East and West, for the purposes of awakening, is about as useful as a glass of warm spit with a hair in it." Jed McKenna

Perhaps that .1% would be worth paying attention to.

Huang Po said, "If you students of the Way wish to become Buddhas, you need study no doctrines whatever, but learn only how to avoid seeking for and attaching yourselves to anything."

What does the .1% of valuable wisdom look like? VMarco says, Neither Bodhi, nor the Tao, can be uncovered through the sentient mind.

• Like 2

I would find Vmarco and meet face to face so I would be able to say, "So this is who you really are."

99.9% of the World's so-called wisdom, East and West, for the purposes of awakening, is about as useful as a glass of warm spit with a hair in it." Jed McKenna

That's not very encouraging.

• Like 1

i would do what i am already trying to do. apologize to everyone i ever hurt and try to be at peace with myself, while trying to raise money to see my family again :)

• Like 4

I would be loving and kind as possible, be love, and have fun doing some things I enjoy.

I would then tell you that form is void and void is form and your getting really obssessed with emptiness.

• Like 2

"Soon we all will die; our hopes and fears will be irrelevant....on the luminous continuity of existence which has no origin and which has never died, we project all the images of life and death, terror and joy, demons and gods. These images become our complete reality, and we submit without thinking to their dance. In all the movements of this dance we project our greatest fears on death, and we make every effort to ignore it." Padmasambhava

• Like 2

It is a good subject to contemplate I spent a few months contemplating the subject deeply, helps to put things in perspective,

I was having a chat the other day and it seems that buddhists aim to get out of the cycle of birth and rebirth, a lot of taoists want to fly out of their head/immortality, whereas some others believe that life on earth is about growth and the universe is constantly growing, and you can have certain lives to rest, but ones soul chooses incarnations on earth in order to grow.

I find the latter view more suited to my own tastes but to each their own.

I do find that the view of everything as empty as extremely nihilstic and actually some people actually have described hell as where there is nothing and no meaning.

Edited by sinansencer

I would give completely of myself to everyone I ever came into contact with, even if it killed me. As if I was not, already doing so?

Perhaps I would say goodbyes and do every outrageous and unbelievable thing, as to test my Human limits in pursuit of enjoying myself?

I would do the same I do because if I do else I have lied to myself all my life.

Would you not wish to realize if you have lied to to yourself all of your life? Or is ignorance bliss?

• Like 1

Perhaps I would say goodbyes and do every outrageous and unbelievable thing, as to test my Human limits in pursuit of enjoying myself?

But at what point, if any, does one have a burning desire or interest to see things as they are?

It is a good subject to contemplate I spent a few months contemplating the subject deeply

You have spent months contemplating having 1 week to live? What happened at the end of the first week? :lol:

• Like 2

You have spent months contemplating having 1 week to live? What happened at the end of the first week? :lol:

Lol

Ah I was a weee young lad I finished volunteering abroad after my first year of university. It was such an amazing experience. My mum gave me the tibetan book of the dead. I read it and wanted to make a website, and was making articles based on my understanding of the book. I wanted to make the articles as good as possible, and watched as many videos on near death experience etc it was on a mind level to show other people but helped me mostly I think the mind works like that, helped me quit university, move to a different part of the country to find a job to go travelling, where I had no friends, no family, also distanced myself from groups of friends I felt were not for me, I figured how I would want to live with no fear of death moving towards that.

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

Good thing I don't know 99% of it :rolleyes:

I would completely loose it and go on a rampage... just like I always wanted :lol:

I wouldn't want the drama of being surrounded by loved ones or doing wild and crazy things. Assuming I am feeling okay but will just drop dead. I'd write a few letters and put some things in order. Then, I'd find a really long stretch of seashore or a trail in the woods somewhere and just spend the rest of the week walking it.

• Like 2

If i had one week to live, well, i'd live for one week. Problem is not how long we have to live life, but not learning how to live it in the right ways.

• Like 1

Im not sure I would do anything much different except make some provisions for my relatives and let the boss know I wouldnt be in on Monday.

Not that my life is so perfected, its just that the habits of a lifetime can form a groove one prefers to be in, I am not big on novelty for novelties sake , and I havent written a bucket list.

Im pretty satisfied with it AS IS , but I might cram something in anyway.

I dont think about it much, because as long as I am alive, I am not dead , it hasnt come about , and somewhere in the back of my mind I probably dont believe it ever will happen.

I have been listening to the audio series of Jed Mckenna every night in bed. I am really enjoying them. Just finished the first one it went for over 9 hours.

I'd tell whoever tells me the news "no, thank you."

I already promised my teen daughter that I'd walk her down the wedding aisle.

Who'd want to mess up my plan in my world?

• Like 1

I have been listening to the audio series of Jed Mckenna every night in bed. I am really enjoying them. Just finished the first one it went for over 9 hours.

Athough at first, the train noise is annoying, that first book on youtube shared many important ideas,...a dialogue where few would venture. I agree with McKenna,...follow the recipe for Truth Realization, and you will uncover Truth Realization in 2 years or less.

Colin Wilson's book 'Mind Parasites'...which arose from the Gurdjieff philosophy...suggested that it would only take 50 Truth Realized persons to shift the world's current paradigm. Can you imagine that? Half of the Hundreth Monkey,...to change the world.

"If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of your self." Lao Tzu

• Like 1

And if you get out of bed and start walking around it is best that you are first awakened.

In Gen. 2:21–25, the second creation story, the Elohim cast Adam into a profound sleep to make out of him a faithful, subservient companion called Eve. This Eve was not "created" or equal, as the female in the first creation story, but "fashioned out of a rib." The deeper comedy, however, is that nowhere does it say that they ever woke Adam up.

The first creation story, Genesis 1:26–27, the Elohim (a plural for God) create "male and female" equal. It is said that this first woman, Lilith, was demonized by the Hebrews, and subsequently by the Christians, for leaving Adam in Eden’s garden.

Yes,...waking up may be a noble pursuit,...but who will pay the price,...of letting go of the dream.

Edited by Vmarco