JustARandomPanda

Qigong exercise or massage for feet?

It just happens all the sudden or something took place to cause your pains....???

No...it's been going on for many years now. Ugh.

It's really limiting my ability to do Zhan Zhuang or any other kind of standing Qigong.

For example, I can only do Spring Forest Qigong at bits of a time before I have to sit. Sometimes the pain can be dull...others it's intense.

Don't have insurance so going to see a physician about it is not an option. Don't have that kind of $$ to pay out of pocket.

Okay....
There are some acupressure points on the feet that you can massage. Do you have a acupuncture chart to locate the points...??? If not I can locate a chart for you on the internet.

There is a point called Kunlun(BL 60), in both legs, you can try to massage it to get rid of the pain in the heels.

Edited by ChiDragon

Soaking your feet in the hot water for ten minutes before bed everyday. Another ten minutes of foot massage would help too. It really doean't matter where you massage your foot. There are so many pressure points here, you're bound to massage one.

You might want to analyze how you stand and walk. I used to walk on the outer edge of my feet. It took a few years for me to correct.

Soaking your feet in the hot water for ten minutes before bed everyday. Another ten minutes of foot massage would help too. It really doean't matter where you massage your foot. There are so many pressure points here, you're bound to massage one.

I agree soaking the feet in the hot water will help one to sleep better. However, there are some acupressure points are deep inside the muscles which cannot be innervated by the tangible temperature of the heated water. There are some points do need higher pressure or temperature to be reached for effectiveness.

Hi SB,

You could add some epsom salts to that hot water soaking.... and also, are your calves sore to deep pressure? Tight calves can contribute to sore feet too, and massaging your calves, or rolling them on a tennis ball might help.

What do you wear for shoes?

Robert Bruce has some amazing mental techniques for energy stimulation he calls "tactile imaging" and "mobile body awareness" that taught me how to activate the energy channels in my feet (and then all over the body). He has a site called astraldynamics.com . If you can't find his page on tactile imaging, pm me and I can email it to you. It takes awhile getting the hang of it, but the techinique has been amazingly useful to me for energy work. You might give it a try.

Edited by cheya

Salt bath. I have always mentioned whole body (except ears and eyes) but one could just soak feet. For body I have always used 1 lb of salt, kick back for 20 min, then regular bath or shower. Any kind of salt you want; epson is OK but so is regular salt.

The entire closing procedure listed in my book is a very effective qigong in itself. Can really help the channels open and help remove blockage/stagnation. Rubbing energy center surrounding laogong on palm on energy center surrounding K1 on feet alone could possibly help and is certainly worth trying, but I would do the whole procedure.

Find a medical qigong practitioner; I have seen amazing results with that type of pain being eliminated.

I have an electro reflexology foot shocka for things like this. I lucked out and found one cheap, a lady bought one and was horrified at how it shocked her feet :lol:

Is there a Qigong exercise or massage (or whatever) that helps eliminate pain in the soles of one's feet?

To talk about the methods would be a big big post. Soaking feet is a good method, warm water, epsom salts (always a general choice). Get to an acupuncturist who does tuina as well, and ask if they also do moxabustion.

I have treated many a sore feet, plantar ficitis (inflamation of the the soles of the feet) along with various muscles pains, etc...with acupuncture and moxabustion.

I would ask if you are experiencing other health issues, for they can cause pain in the foot (some conditions in the internal organs) Anywho, find Chinese Medicine, if you can.

If you want detailed explanations, I am willing to go into it, but it would be better to find someone in person. You have had this for a long time, so basc methods may not totally clear up the problem.

Peace and Blessings.

Lin

• Like 1

Is there a Qigong exercise or massage (or whatever) that helps eliminate pain in the soles of one's feet?

If you feet are okay (no flat foot, no spread foot...)

and

if your shoes are okay (not too soft, not to strong...)

then there is a probability that there is a qi-blockade caused by wrong practice of standing-exercise.

Control yourself - whether qi is moving rhythmically... between above and below following your moving attention changing from above to below ... again and again - just as the picture of standing like a tree is teaching:

there is a flow from the roots to the leaves and vice versa...

Kun Lun can open the flow to above...

--

Lin Zhong Peng combines standing exercise - with others - he recommends a set of several exercises which mediates the connection between above and below.

more here:

http://www.alice-dsl.net/taijiren/Zhong.htm

Well, there's been lots of good advice here, to which I would like to add one of the Water Therapy classics: water treading.

You fill your bathtub with cold water, enough to reach your ankles (increase the amount of water later, gradually) and energetically walk (holding on to a rail so as not to slip -- if you have one -- or placing a sticky rubber mat on the bottom). Do it for 1 to 5 minutes, every day, preferably twice daily. There's two techniques I know. One -- just walk energetically. The other one -- lift your legs very high, up to touching your chest with your knee. You can choose an in-between too. I do water-treading in the ocean April through November (god bless San Diego), but mine is a walking qigong which I do along the edge of the water, and it's usually for an hour.

Another thing -- since I'm talking to a woman and many women torture their feet with all kinds of uncomfortable shoes, high heels, etc.. -- if you do, don't. This is the single biggest favor you can do your feet -- choose the best (and by the best I mean the best-fitting and most naturally shaped, not the "hottest") shoes and don't wear anything "marginally comfortable," only what's perfectly and absolutely comfortable. (I swear by Italian shoes -- their makers seem to know something about the foot-shoe interface no one else does, some secret...)

• Like 1

Eliminate the pain where it really originates from (cause) and you will no longer have feet pain (effect).

What are some examples Gerard? And isn't there 'cultivation-related' foot 'stuff' that could be painful?

Eliminate carbs and sugar for a few days (completely). Even fruits and sugary vegetables...drink lots of water. Sea salt and lean protein with lots of greens, broccoli etc.

Only if you can deal with it though...