Awen

Hacked Taobums

I was just wondering why anytime i look up taobums in google and click on a page that is identified as coming from TTBS (i.e. this site) i get redirected to a site that appears to be either attempting to download spyware or malware onto my computer (i believe it is called URL4short.com or something of the sort).

This website wont allow me to close the tab without clicking a few buttons on the page, and i continuously have to resort to closing all internet browsers using task manager.

Has TTBS not been able to contact Google about this?

Many thanks

Awen

Yes, I did experienced the same yesterday with a PC-ubuntu-firefox config.

Since then I am on a PC-Win7-chrome and it disappeared.

I suspect its You not TB. In other words since as far as we know its only happening to you, that its a virus or strange setting on your system.

If you're a PC system, I'd make sure my antivirus software was up to date. If you don't have SpyBot consider downloading, its compliments anti virus programs and gives an extra layer of protection. You can also try downloading a new and maybe latest version of your browser or trying new one. Note switching from Firefox to Chrome helped sati. Sometimes its the browser (ie Chrome, Firefox etc.) thats infected and using another one helps.

Last case situation you can use Window's 'Restore' to reset to a time you didn't have the virus. Note Restore is haphazard when it comes to virus control.

that my 2 bits, I'm not a pc doctor, but play one on the internet.

Edited by thelerner

No it happens to me too, for at least the last week or so.

Have to actually type in the url as google directs it's links to url4short

And still does direct to url4short from Goggle on PC (running UNIX and Firefox)

Android mobile arrives correctly from google links

Edited by Mal Stainkey

all this "activity" has lead me to finally download chrome again (I was having trouble getting an installation for ubuntu as their own web store had a bugged version lol)

and adblock, that's a very cool program, TTB (and facebook) now look SO MUCH BETTER B)

p.s. now neither chrome or firefox go to url4short from agoogle search so something else (unrelated to my activity) must have been changed too.

Edited by Mal Stainkey

Actually the problem could be a shell script in The Tao Bums forum software. I would recommend the forum tech moderator check this out. The other issue is that it could be a IP hijack from this site, so that any attempt to reach this site through google is directed there. If you notice it's only when you click on the site link from google, not if you type the actual address out. Of course either way the site isn't incredibly dangerous, just tracking software and such from what I've gathered. Still click leave the page when you have the option and you should be fine. If you're worried about clicking on a pop up, just right click on your browser on the task bar and click "close all pages".

Aaron

edit- after a bit of research it seems to be related to IP Board software. It might have to do with lingering javascript, not completely certain, but I would recommend that the site does a hard refresh and after said refresh recommend to all forum users that they clear their browser cache.

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

and adblock, that's a very cool program, TTB (and facebook) now look SO MUCH BETTER B)

For what its worth I have Ad Block 2.21 (mac ver) running w/ firefox, I haven't had the problem.

Just wanted to point out that this is still a problem. Clicking on a link to Tao Bums from a google search redirects to url4short [dot] info

Edited by Creation

(apparently) someone figured out how to inject redirects into the template cache. hopefully this is fixed. please report if it happens again.

thanks,

sean