thetaoiseasy

Some Thoughts

I think teaching can be a very entangling situation....attachements can be so subtle and sneak up on you when you least suspect it....the path has many pitfalls and potholes.....something both the teacher and student have to deal with to the best of their abilities....teaching I am sure can be a pain in the ass....but I think that's just part of the trade....

-My 2 cents, Peace

Thanks for your last post, taoiseasy, it was really interesting. The question in my thoughts is about 'special openings'. I dont know if you are in a position to say anything about that.

Thanks for reading,

Best,

Taoiseasy.

Thanks for your last post, taoiseasy, it was really interesting. The question in my thoughts is about 'special openings'. I dont know if you are in a position to say anything about that.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 1

thetaoiseasy... i hope you'll continue to share some words of encouragement and teaching from time to time here at TTB... the forum here is the closest thing i have ever had (and can foresee ever having) to an actual teacher of any art, form, style, or method of cultivating intrinsic energy and/or truth... it's why i keep coming back here, because i keep finding more gems of truth adn wisdom...

If not from you, then others will drop spare change from time to time, but you have students of your own, so i wouldnt press the issue :D

• Like 1

edited- still learning when I should keep my mouth/keyboard shut.

Edited by sati

Cat,

With experience, you can visualize and experience the students entire energetic structure in your own body. In that way, a teacher can know, for example, if a student's governor, conception, or central channel is opened. This is important, because you can never cheat the teacher. In reality, despite the availability of information about books about it, I have yet to see more handful of people with completely opened microcosmic orbits. I won't get into specifics about myself, because there's no point. Bottom line is, though the first teacher thought that one of my channels was almost opened and that she could help me open it completely. Truthfully, her own channel was not opened. Her limitation became mine, so to speak. Teaching qi is very difficult, and it's not her fault. Again, I don't want to sound arrogant, as if I couldn't learn from her. But I just say what I understand and know, based on my experience. Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm in no position to judge anyone.

It is with answers like this that you will be sorely missed if you leave.

Those who truly know, seem to always be able to give clear and consise answers that are understanble for anyone with an open mind.

Thank you for sharing with us. :)

• Like 2

Cat,

I don't mind, and I appreciate your question. I just don't want get into myself, because I know deep down inside--compared to the true teachers who have achieved an immortal body--I have so much to learn. I might misspeak. And I don't want to set myself in anyway where it feels like I know anymore than anyone on this board, despite having spent a few more years than most. There's a saying in Chinese, "what a great reputation, but after seeing him in person, I realized that he's not that big deal, anyway." If I ever go more public, I don't want people to think that I set myself to be anymore than a normal guy. And that's who I am.

If you don't feel any shen from the teacher, don't be surprised that your shen development is higher than that of the teacher. I'm not encouraging you to feel superior, but the fact is, in the arena of qigong, many people--including excellent teachers--- just want to fight, earn money with qi, have a storehouse of methods, or have special powers. I do not reject any of those things, because they are part of one's development. Result is, though, they can develop high levels of qi, but refining the qi to spiritual energy requires people to let go of all those things and is the only way to reach true openings in the upper body.

I suspect that, on an instinctual level if nothing else, i have a very accute understanding of shen in/of others, as i am able to "read" a person like they mnight read a book... i can see everything about you in your face... i know your hurt, your pain, your joy, your fear..... if i know your face...

That being said, in the physical life that i live, i think i am probably the oldest soul i know, spiritually speaking... i've only read about people who have had thoughts as deep as those discussed here on TTB... i am certain there are plenty of older-souls all around, but i have never met them in person to my knowledge, and maybe i am putting too much faith in a prejudiced approach of facial recognition... but it has never steered me wrong before, and only ever been proven out over time; my initial character judgements...

I sometimes wonder if i am the reincarnation of a wise person i have read about in books by Mary Summer Rain, due to the deep-connecting similarities between my heart of hearts and the things i've read about...

It is, as always, that i am awaiting external confirmation for internal musings and ponderings...

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Nice post TheTaoisEasy. I've always liked Zen Buddhism because it bypasses all the beliefs and conceptual stuff you mentioned above. But I like Qigong better than sitting Zazen. I think Qigong practice can lead to the same awareness where all conceptual distractions and beliefs can be dropped and bypassed.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, man. All you got to do is be like a kid and play.

Nice post TheTaoisEasy. I've always liked Zen Buddhism because it bypasses all the beliefs and conceptual stuff you mentioned above. But I like Qigong better than sitting Zazen. I think Qigong practice can lead to the same awareness where all conceptual distractions and beliefs can be dropped and bypassed.

• Like 1

I know what you mean, man. All you got to do is be like a kid and play.

I was teaching a kid at my job last night how to project chi......he picked up on it right away and we were projecting to each others hands In no time :). Ahhhh kids they seem like the only people I get along with nowadays. There the only ones who seem to know how to play.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Hi Thetaoiseasy,

Another excellent post (regarding divine beings). It is also sometimes helpful to think of them as an elder brother or even a lover. Respect, love and friendship are the key to all relationships (including divine beings).

Best wishes, Jeff

Also a degree of nagging (if you have a strong minded female spirit guide).

Or just lots of prejudice and a tendency to stereotype:-)

Not that I've noticed but Joanna (my guide) does not approve men wearing hats indoors nor ladies who smoke cigarettes.

Forgivable foibles those in someone who last left the body in 1814.

She is a terrible nag sometimes though. You just learn to make allowances.

Hi thetaoiseasy,

Thank you for your wonderful insights. They are beautiful and well grounded. I am new here to TTB, but will enjoy reading your contributions.

Enjoy your break.

Mark.

I can relate to Lao Tzu's alleged statement: Why do we ever think we are enlightened, come to a point in our lives where we have a deep "ah-ha" moment and think we've uncovered some "ultimate truth"? It's happened to me various times throughout my life since i was 2 or 3... and "it" is always overshadowed by the "next" ah-ha moment...

So you are a teacher, well versed in spiritual and philosophical insight(s), walking the path of the self-author, and still learning more?

You could be 55 or 89 and those words would have no change of impact or point/purpose. we are all still fetal and we just dont know it...

every time we come closer to thinking we do know, we are actually removing ourselves further from this understanding...

So you think its guts that Lao Tzu had, in order to say he was "but a fetus in a womb"?

compared to the available quantum of experience and knowing, i'd say we've barely even breached the egg yet!

You may, for example, dismiss a book by a spiritual master as being poorly written and not scholarly enough, without containing true methods. How mistaken you are! How foolish! If you do so, you will have missed the chance for tremendous growth. Irrespective of what's written in the book, the energy of the master is embedded in the book and will assist the sincere in reaching their goals. If you have the wisdom to distinguish the superior achievement of the teacher, meditate on the book itself. The teacher's higher energy will guide you to discover the true methods. The intellectual mind is next to useless in learning the finer principles of qigong. Language awakens the intellectual mind. Energy awakens the person!

Its funny that you mention that. I recently had a similar experience where i picked up my teachers book which i hadn't read in awhile and upon doing so felt like i was flooded with a cool breeze of energy....it felt like i had been wandering in a heavy darkness and had just come into the light....it was like the feeling of coming home after a long trek. It was quite a powerful experience. Good post taoiseasy.

My 2 cents, Peace