thetaoiseasy

Some Thoughts

I will offer my view here about the idea of being "chosen" and higher beings. This is a serious topic with vast implications, but I will speak in brief detail, with broad strokes. I am not referring to any teacher in particular here. I also do not expect many people to accept what I say.

In my exploration of the spiritual realm, I found there is a difficult place where most people cannot get pass, due to their rigid childhood beliefs of God and the human reliance on conceptual beliefs. If you get stuck in that place, you will be lead astray for years in a standstill, and in some cases, your entire cultivation may crumble in an instant.

It's the place where you begin to communicate with so-called divine immortals, celestial beings, and gods.

The tricky part is that whether they are truly divine, celestial or gods -- well, it depends on you! The perception of celestial beings reflects how well you have developed your awareness. The major tendency of most humans is to separate your own being from the so-called higher beings and treat them as God--instead of peers. With this tendency, you will have two troubles that preventing you from advancing.

The first is to fall into the same trouble as all extreme religions do. You try to use the so-called immortal's name to justify the will of your lower self. First, you say you purge the evil of mankind because the divine immortals chose you to do it. You do X,Y, Z because the immortals told you to. But if the divine immortals tell you to kill someone, will you do it? You develop a savior complex found on the wrong premises. No one has told you to save anyone. Truthfully, the "immortals" you communicate with is projection of your own ego-complex to to save people!

The second trouble is that, by worshiping them, you have shown that you do not truly understand the nature of immortals, and they will eventually leave you -- or most cases, it shows that you have never even found them in the first place. Higher being immortals are carefree beings. They will not choose anyone and surely will not tell you to worship them. How did they become immortal? They realized they were not chosen, and that's how they became immortal. They were sick of the world that used grades, resumes, and positions to evaluate everyone.

When the immortals see you, they will call you, "God." The reason is that in the higher spheres there is no sense of ranking, like story books. Everyone is peers as fellow gods. To make this a little more understandable, the divine immortals did not choose you because of destiny or whatever. They just like hanging around you as pals, because you have refined your energy similar to theirs'. They don't want you to flatter them, just like how we respect but never flatter and worship our real friends.

In other words, your conceptual worship of these divine immortals and the idea that you are chosen reflect your separation from them. And if you separate yourself from them, as in a relationship of God and servant, you will never get to the stage of non-being of Tao, where the true higher beings live. In Tao, there is no good, evil, high, or low. That is the relative sphere that humans live in. In the state of non-being, you just are. And as such, you are good, just like the immortals are. Period. There is no worship, no fighting, no conceptual obstacles. If you keep projecting the idea of holiness on immortals, it only reflects your unwillingness to purify yourself enough to join them.

So with your own life's decisions, you choose the spirits that surround you, just as they choose you. You choose each other. And it's 50/50 or nothing with the immortals. You must accept the equal footing. And this means that you have to be responsible for your own purification to be at their level. They will not accept your vows to be their messenger on earth.

I'm not sure if I'm making this point clear. But that is all I feel like I should say about this topic.

Thetaoiseasy, I found this post vast & intriguing. I may start another thread on the topic quoting this if that's ok by you.

From this analogy, I want to emphasize what I believe is the most important point in your cultivation, irrespective of your inborn spiritual potential. It it not glamorous, but it is effective. The most important thing to have in cultivation is to develop a reflective mind. An aware mind is more important than any esoteric meditation I can give you here. You must develop the courage to get dirty. You ask yourself,

• Am I emotionally stable and appropriate? Am I physically healthy?
  • Is my mind clear and lucid? Are my relationships with my fellow man honest?
  • Is my conscience clear? Do my thoughts, words, and actions reflect virtue?
If--after some serious reflection-- you answer “yes” to all these questions, you are already great in my book. For most of us, however, we cannot answer “yes” to all those questions. That's why we're still here.

And yet that is not discouraging. It is encouraging. For recognizing our own emotional, mental, and spiritual blind spots is the most important thing we do for our own lives. To see our own sickness is true wisdom. From our clear vision, we begin to work on ourselves and establish a baseline from which to gauge our personal development. Like the bird that eventually flew high into the sky, we can start chewing at the rope in our lives that has chained us to lower energetic fields.

(to be continued)

Thanks for this. Still have a lot of work to do in this field. Gonna be re-doing my black and white mirrors soon.

My 2 cents, Peace

1 week to a lifetime of never opening up anything at all.

What do think are the "proper conditions" you mentioned in your post?

Basically what I mean by proper conditions is freedom from passion.

Edited by safi

That was like a masterpiece, thanks

:) Basically I agree

Edited by sinansencer

I've been doing a lot of Q&A with my students through email, since I've been overseas. I do not believe my answers are definite or necessarily right. But when they ask, I answer spontaneously and directly, without holding back.

5. How do you practice virtue then?

1. Purification. Make a conscious effort to identify and then cleanse yourself of cultural, religious, intellectual, and societal indoctrination. These are all cosmetics that hides your inner beauty. Sometimes this practice will make you feel a bit uncomfortable because you no longer hold onto anything. Let go all your beliefs and you'll realize that you're still standing on solid ground -- the solid ground of your true nature. When I say let go, I do not mean to reject everything you see. I mean to avoid the black and white/ good or evil mentality. Be willing to live in the grey zone and say, "I don't know." Be open.

2. Do good for others while forgetting self and in secret. Help others when you feel that they can truly benefit from your help. Make this a habit until you forget your actions. More importantly, do good things subtly and without recognition so that other people will forget you as well. Help others out of sight to the point of being sneaky. Wish good things for other people. Send energy to people without telling them. This is an helpful and deliberate practice.

3. 5 light meditation is a simple practice to be done daily. Imagine red light circulating in your entire body as your pride changes to joy. Imagine green light cleansing your entire body as your anger changes to kindness. Imagine your black light cleansing your entire body as your fear changes to gentleness. Imagine yellow light cleansing your body as your worry changes to openness. Imagine white light cleansing your entire body as your sadness changes to courage. Then imagine all five lights entering your crown and being stored in your lower dan-tien.

4. It's important to think of your happiest and healthiest childhood image and ask this image to aid your practice. Remember when you were young and free and naive, without contamination, and ask your younger self to guide you. You can imagine her sitting next to you. This is a wisdom practice as well.

5. Respect and honor your parents. Make a direct effort to do things for them that other people won't. Ask the healthiest image/memory of your parents to join your qigong practice as well. You can imagine them in front of you. This is an important qigong practice. Your parent's energy has a direct impact on your energetic development. I understand that many people have life circumstances that make this practice difficult. But many energetic blockages result from a broken and unresolved relationship with parents. If you do not at least make peace with your parents psychologically--if not in person-- then you may struggle for years.

6. Conscious sublimation. Whenever you feel negativity, overwhelmingly desirous, or emotional, immediately shift your intent to transform the negative to positive energy. Methods include:

Gently repeating invocations: "my life is peaceful." "I love my life that is happy and joyful." "all 9 centers of my life being are responsive." "may the tranquility and peace of heaven be within me."

Doing some gentle movement like qigong or Tai chi.

My favorite activity... cleaning the restroom, my room, and the house.

A good list. A method I have found very powerful for self-purification is devotion as he describes in this video. A simple bow can be very powerful.

we are all seeking resolution.

We have it, we always have had it. We simply have yet to encounter a widespread embrace of nature-as-authority... too much stock in religion.

Rule #1 in business: protect your investment.

6. Is spiritual immortality possible?

Yes. I have witnessed its full manifestation in my teachers and I have direct experience in this practice. That said, I openly admit that I still have years to go, and I'm currently at an roadblock and complete standstill in my practice,

thetaoiseasy,

Thank you very much for all those wonderful tips and insights. I basically agree with every single sentence. I've learned a lot of valuable and important things.

You're at much higher developement level than me. I don't know if I can help you with your practice.

I've been on this forum for almost a year. I've come to know wonderful people here: some grumpy retired professor, some struggling artist, some artistic youth and some eccentric seeker. Though I haven't met any, I have a mental picture of them based on their posts. However, I don't have a picture of you. You're so balanced, at least from your writing. You could be any wise master from any of those movies.

I'm a firm believer of diversity. If every one follows the "tao" and be true to himself. The whole world would be in perfect balance at higher level.

Everyone has distinct DNA, so everyone must have some special "talent" that others don't have. What is yours?

• Like 1

Excellent thread. Some great insights here taoiseasy. A lot of what you say resonates with what I've learned in Spring Forest Qigong. Chun yi also describes his qigong as 'information healing' and isn't a stickler for details. So long as your intention is in the right direction, you are doing better than naught. There is also a component of connecting to the master's energy. This master can be any source you choose. Often people might choose Chun yi or Buddha or someone like that, and use that source to draw from the infinite energy of the universe, or to guide it towards themselves. (I sometimes like to appeal to the energy of the tall cedars near my home as they are both plentiful and embody an energy that I want to emulate, particularly in standing postures.)

This resonates with what you said above about a master's energy being contained in books and pictures etc. I know many people have experienced energy flow from Chun yi's recordings, for instance. These are all like door ways or portholes to connect to the infinite energy. And as media, they can stick around for a long time, still performing the same function.

If you have interest in a certain style, it's good to collect works that express it--videos, talks, books. Probably more important to play with it. And here is a very cool distinction. Certainly in martial arts many people only see practical use as valuable and soundly denounce mere play since it is understood to be ineffectual. And yeah, if your goal is to be able to take down 300lb gorillas then you will need some one-on-one physical practice to refine your body's movements. But if your goal is more internal, to realize your own nature, your own potential, and maybe an insight into something greater, 'mere play' might be an excellent way to go.

Reminds me of a nice little book on Tai Chi called 'Embrace Tiger, Return to Mountain', written by a person who learned tai chi as a child, grew up to become a trained classical dancer, and taught tai chi as spontaneous movement. Does tai chi need to be able to project energy and throw an opponent to the ground, or can it be used to open a person up to the potential of their own nature? I guess the use depends on the intent.

Anyways, please continue!

8)

• Like 2