In case anyone wants to see the source:

Geheime Figuren der Rosenkreutzer on Scribd

In English here, but without the pretty color plates:

Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians Index

Apparently a work in progress, but it does have:

Virgin Sophia

Thanks ... I will have to keep my out for the finished version. It looks a lot more comprehensive than my 'Rosicrucian Emblems of Daniel Kramer' ;)

I saw that this book "Walking with the Angel" by Nephilhim Press Is coming out soon. It's basically a group of Occultist's whom have all connected with there HGA and they talk about their experiences. As soon as I can reserve a copy I am going to....currently gitty with excitement. :)

Lot of good occultist's writing in this book:

Michael Cecchetelli

Rufus Opus

Jason Miller

Aaron Leitch

And a couple more....link: http://www.nephilimpress.com/forthcoming/]http://www.nephilimpress.com/forthcoming/[/url]

My 2 cents, Peace

Walking with the Angel has just been released by Nephilhim Press retitled Holy Guardian Angel. Just ordered mine. There's a limited number of copies (500) so if your interested jump on the gun quick. :)

Link: http://nephilimpress.com/store/product.php?productid=17701&cat=0&featured=Y

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

There is a really good yahoo group, which has been around for a decade or two, about the Abramelin operation. There are even a few folks on there who have completed it. Good for discussion and questions. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/abramelin/info

I think you've been holding out on us Bagua. :P

My 2 cents, Pea e

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

I finished the Holy Guardian Angel by Nepheilheim Press about a week ago. A book well worth reading, picked up quite a few gems. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I finished the Holy Guardian Angel by Nepheilheim Press about a week ago. A book well worth reading, picked up quite a few gems. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

It's a fine read indeed. I remember you posting the warning that achieving KCHGA can have a back lash which Jason Miller also reiterates in the book and here - http://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/2e8feo/iama_jason_miller_inominandum/cjx1rpp.

• Like 1

Indeed. Supposedly it's quite a profound, painful and life changing experience. Rufus Opus whom is another contributor to the book (one of my favorites) talks about it as a kind of solar initiation in this interview.

http://deeper-down-the-rabbit-hole.com/2012/08/episode-71-rufus-opus-discusses-angels-demons-magicians-my/

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

It's a fine read indeed. I remember you posting the warning that achieving KCHGA can have a back lash which Jason Miller also reiterates in the book and here - http://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/2e8feo/iama_jason_miller_inominandum/cjx1rpp.

A backlash how? Books really have been saying the oddest things these days.

I haven't seen any mention of that in the past 10 years on the Abramelin yahoo group, of people who have completed the working.

I have to admit I'm also skeptical reading about HGA experiences from magicians who never disappeared from the internet for even a month, let alone 6.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Thank you for your post,

Could help me understand this better:

How does one cross the void? It sounds like one has to first achieve achieve knowledge and conversation any tips?

Lastly,  If one is trapped in Daath how do they overcome this?

I haven't seen any mention of that in the past 10 years on the Abramelin yahoo group, of people who have completed the working.

I have to admit I'm also skeptical reading about HGA experiences from magicians who never disappeared from the internet for even a month, let alone 6.

It's interesting. One of the major themes throughout the book is the fact that there is so many differing opinions on the essential nature of the HGA and how most people whom think they've done it are just deluding themselves. I think getting "towered" along the process of K&C would be a better word to use than backlash...which is a term that tends to be used when talking about curses.

The book itself actually emerged out of widespread debate by various practitioners on the net rather than any consensus on the Being itself.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

It's interesting. One of the major themes throughout the book is the fact that there is so many differing opinions on the essential nature of the HGA

Its a wide cross-cultural concept, no wonder the differing opinions in one set - wikis 'see also' list ;

• Like 1

It's interesting. One of the major themes throughout the book is the fact that there is so many differing opinions on the essential nature of the HGA and how most people whom think they've done it are just deluding themselves. I think getting "towered" along the process of K&C would be a better word to use than backlash...which is a term that tends to be used when talking about curses. The book itself actually emerged out of widespread debate by various practitioners on the net rather than any consensus on the Being itself. My 2 cents, Peace

Towered as in like the tower card?

I don't recall Aaron Leitch running into such trouble? I haven't had much trouble, accept for odd stuff for a couple of months after about 3-4 months after the finish.

I think if someone performs the Abramelin working, then stops or slacks after terrible things can happen. Unfortunately many do tend to stop or slow down a lot after :(. Or get distracted by other things, or by life, or....

Though I also feel Abramelin and the whole KCHGA thing is sort of akin to an initiation, you are just starting to put your big boy/girl pants on now ;), so time to get some serious work done... No excuses after this sort of thing. Actually I think that would be an interesting discussion; the lives and times of people afterwards.

One of my pet peeves though is modern magicians always coming up with blowback theories about everything these days. I would say it's more didn't quite do something right (this happens to everyone from time to time), or not understanding the work at hand, more than actual such and such causes blowback.

• Like 1

Thank you for your post,

Could help me understand this better:

How does one cross the void? It sounds like one has to first achieve achieve knowledge and conversation any tips?

Lastly,  If one is trapped in Daath how do they overcome this?

There was a long discussion of this a while back here:

What the hell is the abyss anyways?

You might find that an interesting thread to read, though it does start to meander at a certain point.

I am very busy right now, if I have time I may reply in more details to some of the recent posts here.

• Like 2

Although the wiki links above suggest 'Fravashi' equates with HGA, I dont agree. This seems closer to 'spirit' : " There is another spiritual component that resides in all of creation, living and not living, called the fravashi (later farvard). .... The fravashi can be thought of as the hand of God in all of creation, .... While the soul is personal, the fravashi is universal..."

IMO Khvarenah is the closer concept : " The khvarenah is the archetype of the person one can grow to if allowed to grow to the limit of her or his capacity ....The khvarenah is also a person's higher calling - their meaning in life. Every human being is endowed with natural talents that can be harnessed and developed to achieve one's highest potential, one's latent destiny in life, or one's higher calling. ... The khvarenah is specific to a person and is different for each person. The khvarenah that does not belong to a person cannot be seized by another person. The implication is that we should be content with our khvarenah and not be jealous and greedy of the other's khvarenah (here, good fortune) through. ... When all human beings realize their calling or full potential in grace, the world will attain vahishtem anghuim &frasho-kereti - the ultimate and ideal future existence, ( I would venture that that applies to the individual as well) ... Human beings often limit or loose themselves. In either case, they do not achieve their full potential or capacity. While to some extent, a person's lot in life is determined by birth and circumstance, a person can find her or his latent khvarenah or calling by envisioning the person one aspires to become in grace, and then taking steps to realize the khvarenah despite daunting obstacles and adversity. ... A person's realization of her or his khvarenah is evidenced by a halo (farr in Persian), glowing brightly over her or his head - radiant as the sun. ... "

The soul or 'Urvan' is different again .

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/overview/simplified.htm#fravashi

[ This is the root religion of the Magi or 'Zurvani' ( a later development * - after all, this is supposedly the tradition (and root of the word) of Magic . ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurvanism

Towered as in like the tower card?

I don't recall Aaron Leitch running into such trouble? I haven't had much trouble, accept for odd stuff for a couple of months after about 3-4 months after the finish.

I think if someone performs the Abramelin working, then stops or slacks after terrible things can happen. Unfortunately many do tend to stop or slow down a lot after :(. Or get distracted by other things, or by life, or....

Though I also feel Abramelin and the whole KCHGA thing is sort of akin to an initiation, you are just starting to put your big boy/girl pants on now ;), so time to get some serious work done... No excuses after this sort of thing. Actually I think that would be an interesting discussion; the lives and times of people afterwards.

One of my pet peeves though is modern magicians always coming up with blowback theories about everything these days. I would say it's more didn't quite do something right (this happens to everyone from time to time), or not understanding the work at hand, more than actual such and such causes blowback.

Yeah, it would appear that people have varying degrees of difficulty depending in where there at. Perhaps one day I'll be able to give my 2 cents, from direct experience. Aaron Leitch is actually one of the contributors to the book. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

I challenge everyone to put down the books and partake in the 6 month ordeal! :)

Yes, yes, 6 months is a long time, but I have to say that I learned and progressed more in that 6 months than I had in the 12 or so years of DAILY practice before that.

Oh alright, or at least plan for it at some future time... Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I challenge everyone to put down the books and partake in the 6 month ordeal! :)

Yes, yes, 6 months is a long time, but I have to say that I learned and progressed more in that 6 months than I had in the 12 or so years of DAILY practice before that.

Oh alright, or at least plan for it at some future time... Highly recommended.

I was actually quite inspired by the video with the Buddhist nun that you posted. I'm considering that once I finish massage school I'm going to do a three year retreat. Something to look forward too. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

I was actually quite inspired by the video with the Buddhist nun that you posted. I'm considering that once I finish massage school I'm going to do a three year retreat. Something to look forward too. :) My 2 cents, Peace

Or that! :)

Are the Buddhist ones a particular path and specific? My personal bias says that some specifics and the path and path ancestors guiding you helps lots. Though it is possible that just a 3 year retreat on its own with a spiritual mindset could likely cause just as many wonders and results.

That is amazing that you have planned ahead for this, many kudos. Please do let us know when you are done what you experienced. Even 6 months is rather life changing. You will definitely come out a different, and much more connected person.

When you do return into the world, if you do, just make sure that you set aside some time each and every day to keep up the same practice you did on the retreat so it stays with you :).

PS the freedom bit that you feel during these things is indescribable...

• Like 1

The disruption of anything that acts as a supporting pillar of one's life e.g. job, significant relationships etc. I've read something similar in an interview with a course supervisor of a magical school where as students progress through the curriculum they can experience the aforementioned. Some even end up emigrating. From the accounts given not sure if it's a deliberate backlash or just a natural and inevitable outer readjustment to inner change i.e false foundations of life being blown away like the lightening struck tower.

Good to read that no one on the Abramelin yahoo group have experienced this, but as OldChi mentions the book is not a definitive statement but the result of an internet debate amongst magicians and is an account of the contributing author's experience and opinions.

Well if I had a career, wife and family and still felt that my life was shit, maybe then there would be nothing to loose and everything to gain. However if I did have all these and was happy, I would, as Jason Miller advises, not be cavaliere with what I had and think twice. But maybe this is a test in itself?

• Like 1

The disruption of anything that acts as a supporting pillar of one's life e.g. job, significant relationships etc. I've read something similar in an interview with a course supervisor of a magical school where as students progress through the curriculum they can experience the aforementioned. Some even end up emigrating. From the accounts given not sure if it's a deliberate backlash or just a natural and inevitable outer readjustment to inner change i.e false foundations of life being blown away like the lightening struck tower.

Good to read that no one on the Abramelin yahoo group have experienced this, but as OldChi mentions the book is not a definitive statement but the result of an internet debate amongst magicians and is an account of the contributing author's experience and opinions.

Well if I had a career, wife and family and still felt that my life was shit, maybe then there would be nothing to loose and everything to gain. However if I did have all these and was happy, I would, as Jason Miller advises, not be cavaliere with what I had and think twice. But maybe this is a test in itself?

Ohhhh that sort of thing :). I wouldn't personally call that backlash, I would call that exactly what you were wanting from the retreat. Basically performing the Abramelin (or similar) working is stating that your magical/spiritual path is the most important thing to you in your life; you wish to discover your true will, then spend the rest of your life performing your true will (with the help of your HGA/Deity of course).

I have known some people where their life did not change from such endeavors, and others where it did. Basically if how you are living when you start the working, does not serve your highest spiritual self/path, then it will go by the wayside. Who would want it any differently? Sort of like the Taoist folks who go to do a 6 month to many year long retreat in the mountains; they aren't going to stay the same and have their life stay how it is now. They want something greater (or perhaps one could say lesser).

Of course if one has already practiced magic for years beforehand, a bunch of this removing what is not in your highest goal, has already been happening the entire time. Though the Abramelin still completely changes you as a person, as it is quite a bit of transformation occurring in such a short (6 or 18 months) period of time. Some folks go from practicing magic once in awhile, while living a mostly mundane life, to doing an extremely intense and transformational spiritual retreat! That is quite the change!

Yes it also does happen with initiations, and also magic in general. Actually sometimes it just happens with one series of cleansing baths and a few Enochian rituals (the poor guy, but he still feels it was needed and long overdue).

So I guess it depends on your perspective and why someone has decided to do this sort of operation.

• Like 1

Ohhhh that sort of thing :). I wouldn't personally call that backlash, I would call that exactly what you were wanting from the retreat. Basically performing the Abramelin (or similar) working is stating that your magical/spiritual path is the most important thing to you in your life; you wish to discover your true will, then spend the rest of your life performing your true will (with the help of your HGA/Deity of course).

I have known some people where their life did not change from such endeavors, and others where it did. Basically if how you are living when you start the working, does not serve your highest spiritual self/path, then it will go by the wayside. Who would want it any differently? Sort of like the Taoist folks who go to do a 6 month to many year long retreat in the mountains; they aren't going to stay the same and have their life stay how it is now. They want something greater (or perhaps one could say lesser).

Of course if one has already practiced magic for years beforehand, a bunch of this removing what is not in your highest goal, has already been happening the entire time. Though the Abramelin still completely changes you as a person, as it is quite a bit of transformation occurring in such a short (6 or 18 months) period of time. Some folks go from practicing magic once in awhile, while living a mostly mundane life, to doing an extremely intense and transformational spiritual retreat! That is quite the change!

Yes it also does happen with initiations, and also magic in general. Actually sometimes it just happens with one series of cleansing baths and a few Enochian rituals (the poor guy, but he still feels it was needed and long overdue).

So I guess it depends on your perspective and why someone has decided to do this sort of operation.

Thanks for the thoughtful and compelling overview, this puts a lot into perspective.

One Tibetan teacher I know of discourages Westerners living in the West to do the traditional three year retreat as he argues that they won't be fundamentally changed, and when they get out their job and significant other would have moved on. Worth it if there's fundmental postive and enabling changes in oneself, otherwise unless one has got a real trade/skill and close supportive family/friends, the worse case scenario could be being left to pick up the pieces from where one left off, with no job, no support network, and no new inner resources to meet the challenge. Bummer!

Edited by rex
  • Like 1