3bob

demonic mantra

lots of people are listening to heavy death-metal like demonically inspired "mantra" over the air-waves, on there mp3 players or what-ever, and when people are saturated with enough of same it's then not that much of a stretch (along with several other factors) for them carry out demonically influenced acts...such is happening all over the world where school kids and adults are often being murdered - angels can only help so much in this world when or if they are rejected or dismissed in favor of the twisted dark side.

a mudra i spontaneously did that seems to help when i am trying to control my anger is extremely close to the devil horns hand sign that metalheads throw up. i like to think that things sort themselves out :P

Flolfolil, if you mean does karma sort things out, then yes and very exactingly so...

DiamonD,

I to have listened to or heard all sorts of stuff over the years (btw, I'm not familar with person you mentioned) and it wasn't enough to put me over the edge where some of same was coming from... (there are multiple factors)

Edited by 3bob

no, i meant things sort themselves out as in nothing that happens ever actually matters. Basically i'm telling you to "get over it"

lawl

Make no mistake, the dark hunger is looking for a meal and it is not particular or picky about what or who it takes a bite of...

"get over it" that could mean let gravity take over and then its all downhill faster and faster into the pit, no thanks man.

• Like 1

Behold, yuppie new age metal band hahahaha, with their occult satan mantras....

Edited by DiamonD

the pit of what? being an angry person? having a life ruled by hatred? Are you saying a person can't listen to metal and laugh it off as not being serious? i think its incredibly enjoyable on the level of humor. It isn't taking my life. demons don't have my soul. i don't want to kill or hurt anybody

and lets just forget all the metal that is anti violence and talk about growing up in a violent home and how shitty it was. Its just people expressing their perfectly normal human emotions. and you are being a nazi.

• Like 1

"do I want them to kill Christians, when the time is right- lol" Glen Benton of Deicide a death/satan metal band

perfect example of how one person can be a dick, not how a group of people are all like that person.

There is christian death metal you know

• Like 1

It's not "Metal" that is an issue. Metal can carry any message. Some music carries a direct message of hate. A lot of music being played on the radio is part of problem of the dissociated mess our society is at this time. Media is pushing violence on us at every turn. It's not all hate and greed, but it is "get it for yourself", and not spreading love and empathy. It's the disconnect between one another that makes violence possible. Metal-heads can be some of the most peaceful people ever. Lightening is 1000X louder and more violent sounding than any metal band could ever be, yet is is carrying a demonic message because of it?

I agree with what you are saying, that we need to be aware of what we produce. I think violent movies and video games are bad. I used to play a lot of them, but I think for a lot of people, they create suffering and pain.

Edited by oildrops
  • Like 2

What sort of demonic force is convincing so many people that such lax gun laws are a good thing? most of the rest of the world sees that as the real insanity and evil going in your country

As a listener of what most label as black metal (used to be primarily satanic bands, now most have grown and the movement has proliferated in to many sub genres), for nearly twenty years, I find peace in much of it. I am sure that many have back masked mantras and such, some have admitted it. There are few of these REAL guys, IMO. I am merely commenting, i am not taking a stand for evil mantras that is for sure.

Nowadays i don't listen to it as much to quite honest. I listen to a lot of buckethead/praxis, john zorn, Mr. Bungle, and always go back to Metallica. High on Fire is an excellent band who have lyrics from a christian perspective and yes there is some very good Christian "death" metal. Remember it is only a label.

I can't doubt the power of spoken word, though...

Great thread.

I am far more

Thanks for your comments Jay, I'll have to take a listen to "Christian Death metal" - sounds like a contradiction yet the world is full of same...