Humble

Spring Forest Qigong

To be quite honest, that site you linked GMP is pretty chaotic. Granted there's a TON of information on it, but it's very convoluted. A beginner would be completely lost and wouldn't know where to really start.

~ chi 2012: The problem with SFQ isn't the $40 level one course; it's the endless stream of content you end up having to pay for if you wish to progress. I don't consider level 1 a complete training course. It's a good base no doubt, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. So the $40 turns into $400 real quick.

It's like Mantak Chia; that guy will drive you right into the poor house.

Level 2 - $35. Level 3 - $27. You don't need the retreats and all the other stuff. If somebody puts in the time and effort with the home courses - they will more than likely be at a higher level than many people who don't practice much - but instead take a lot of high cost trips. I think your wrong about this one. It's common knowledge that SFQ is one of the cheapest systems around for all that it offers.

You can even download 4 levels for free....That could be bad karma though................

• Like 1

Level 2 - $35. Level 3 - $27. You don't need the retreats and all the other stuff. If somebody puts in the time and effort with the home courses - they will more than likely be at a higher level than many people who don't practice much - but instead take a lot of high cost trips. I think your wrong about this one. It's common knowledge that SFQ is one of the cheapest systems around for all that it offers.

You can even download 4 levels for free....That could be bad karma though................

It's not about being right or wrong though. That's just silly talk. I included the entire system and made an estimate of the cost to get the full experience. There's only so much you can learn from books and videos; this much is true. So in essence, it could easily go from $40 to $400 depending on how far you want to take it.

And you may be right that SFQ is one of the cheapest systems around, but this system may not be for everyone. It really comes down to what works for you.

Edited by Celestial

It's a medical/spiritual system....so obviously if you want martial power or something else it's not the right system....But if you put the time in - you can heal people, open the third eye, develop intuitive powers, see auras etc......

It's a medical/spiritual system....so obviously if you want martial power or something else it's not the right system....But if you put the time in - you can heal people, open the third eye, develop intuitive powers, see auras etc......

Very true. What would you suggest for martial/inner power?

Very true. What would you suggest for martial/inner power?

I'm no expert - but I'd talk to Dorian Black on this forum about Gary Clyman.

• Like 1

QiGong isn't constrained by medical/spiritual.

Qi is Qi hence many martial artists play QiGong of TaiChi or both to improve their arts, martially.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I cant agree.

not all roads lead to the same place. Some roads don't even go on the mountain, but amble by the seaside...

not all Qigong systems are equal.

Equal itself is dependent on what someone wants it for.

If one wants a martial qigong, then iron robe is far better suited than shibashi.

If one wants general health maintenance then a form that has that purpose is far better than a form that does not cater to that at all...

and having practiced both spring forrest, and the 8 peices, I can say that for me spring forrest was a far more powerful form, but that judgement is based on what I prefer...

This is absolutely correct. To depict "qigong" as a bowl of porridge, on a board which is in large part devoted to serious analysis and sharing of different systems and goals in cultivation is really just ignorance which can be remedied by further reading, on this very board.

I also have worked with SFQ and 8 brocades, and have the same experience as Seth. SFQ is far more powerful.

• Like 1

Has anyone practised SFQ for a long time, for many years and can testify to its benefits?

Here are a couple of threads on the topic, i have not practiced SFQ, but have heard nothing but good things.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/8409-spring-forestalchemy-correllation/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/16496-spring-forest-qigong-practice-benefit/page__hl__%2Bspring+%2Bforest

http://thetaobums.com/topic/22022-chunyi-lin-is-teaching-workshops-on-the-east-and-west-coast/

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

not so, and some end in cul de sacs, others are unnavigatable, others are toll roads, others wish to personalise their route, some are unambitious travellers, others wish to travel the world in 80 days.

but they all died, no matter what their system, no matter what their level of practice.

Leaving the body does not constitute 'dying' anywhere outside of popular misconception.

"There is no death, there are no dead".

No point arguing that fact, everyone'll find out soon enough and far too soon for most.

Final fact before bed...

Never have the last words of someone about to leave their body been recorded as...

"I wish I had spent more time at work".

Edited by GrandmasterP

The level one course only cost $40 bucks on the SFQ website. Learning Strategies sells the same thing with some extra info - for a lot more. But the $40 course is all you need. To build up a lot of chi and to heal any illness - all you need is Level one. Chunyi Lin mentions this a lot. A psychologist named Patrick Dougherty says the same thing. He has been practicing for 17 years - and has so much chi - that when people walk by him they can feel warm heat coming off him.

You can even open the third eye from level one. Over the summer I was practicing a lot of level one and had some strange reactions - so I emailed the SFQ website with a bunch of questions. One of Chunyi Lin's Qigong Masters emailed me back. One thing that was said in the reply was that my third eye is open - but to what degree - the person couldn't say. The person also said that the third eye can open from level one practice. I don't think my third eye is open that much though - because when it is open all the way - you supposedly see bright colors everywhere. I think mine is just like 10% open....I have a long way to go.

So, in conclusion - I would say just try and save up the $40 for the Level one.

I listened to Drew when he said pick up the cassette on clearance, its only 4 bucks :lol: And the book for 10 bucks. Unfortunately my cup was full of pu er, no room for silver needle - but I will also vouch for the energy of it, powerful and moving in the very first session.

A psychologist named Patrick Dougherty says the same thing. He has been practicing for 17 years - and has so much chi - that when people walk by him they can feel warm heat coming off him.

I can attest to this -- back around 2003 -- I was sitting in this little empty mall near my old workplace. Along comes Patrick! We said hi and had a little "mundane" conversation. While he's standing in front of me my body is full of strong heat in the heart -- it was a heart blast of heat from Patrick's heart! haha. I wanted to say: HEY! But anyway -- I wasn't that surprised because a couple years earlier around 2000 Patrick was leading one of the weekend SFQ Guild meetings at St. Thomas University. So it was one of his first times at least that I remember. Anyway so it's an auditorium room with those steep rows down to the lecture area where Patrick is at. I can see this huge massive yellow aura shooting out of Patrick's head -- yellow light going up about 10 feet. haha. The only other person I saw doing that was Chunyi Lin in the same place. But then Patrick said how Chunyi Lin's energy was there with us....

Glad to see this thread getting kudos on SFQ.

• Like 2

I can attest to this -- back around 2003 -- ...

Glad to see this thread getting kudos on SFQ.

...drew?

Edited by madMUHHH

...drew?

Well this girl in first grade had a crush on me because I used to puff out my chest walking around in class. She insisted my name spelled backwards was weird. So I had to ask the teacher just to make sure if this was true.

Werd.

Yeah so then something weird happened -- this girl -- I guess her mom and my mom and my oldest sister - they set up a date behind my back and I was forced to go on a date with this girl. Of course I was nice about it but I had all this pent up anger. I mean subconsciously.

It took me years later to realize that when in first grade the boys had a contest who could hold their breath the longest while traversing the length of the school down the cement hallway to the bathroom at the end to wash our hands before we went to lunch.... well suffice it to say.

I remember peeing at the urinal still holding my breath and looking around with pride as everyone else had basically forgotten the contest. I washed my hands still holding my breath. I got to where you turn the corner and then I woke up to my friend looking over me going: Drew are you o.k.? I had hit the two corner walls apparently and then the cement floor.

The rumor was that the kids had to clean up my blood that I had left down the whole hallway -- and the nurses screamed at me to not hold my breath again. So for years I was afraid to swim underwater since I took their word literally. haha. My "Aim Sky High" bright orange school t-shirt was covered in blood.

So I read years later that the first Western climb of Mt. Everest required the sherpas to hold their breath till they passed out in order for them to get hired to guide the trip - showing they had enough breath control. haha.

I read Professor Michael Lesy's book on Heroes -- about how normal people do paranormal activities based on repressed emotional energy bursting out when it is needed - projected. It's a fascinating book.

So then I realized that I had repressed anger about being treated like a piece of meat for someone else's lust -- even if it was first grade but still overseen by the older females handing me out. haha.

• Like 1

Well this girl in first grade had a crush on me because I used to puff out my chest walking around in class. She insisted my name spelled backwards was weird. So I had to ask the teacher just to make sure if this was true.

Werd.

Yeah so then something weird happened -- this girl -- I guess her mom and my mom and my oldest sister - they set up a date behind my back and I was forced to go on a date with this girl. Of course I was nice about it but I had all this pent up anger. I mean subconsciously.

It took me years later to realize that when in first grade the boys had a contest who could hold their breath the longest while traversing the length of the school down the cement hallway to the bathroom at the end to wash our hands before we went to lunch.... well suffice it to say.

I remember peeing at the urinal still holding my breath and looking around with pride as everyone else had basically forgotten the contest. I washed my hands still holding my breath. I got to where you turn the corner and then I woke up to my friend looking over me going: Drew are you o.k.? I had hit the two corner walls apparently and then the cement floor.

The rumor was that the kids had to clean up my blood that I had left down the whole hallway -- and the nurses screamed at me to not hold my breath again. So for years I was afraid to swim underwater since I took their word literally. haha. My "Aim Sky High" bright orange school t-shirt was covered in blood.

So I read years later that the first Western climb of Mt. Everest required the sherpas to hold their breath till they passed out in order for them to get hired to guide the trip - showing they had enough breath control. haha.

I read Professor Michael Lesy's book on Heroes -- about how normal people do paranormal activities based on repressed emotional energy bursting out when it is needed - projected. It's a fascinating book.

So then I realized that I had repressed anger about being treated like a piece of meat for someone else's lust -- even if it was first grade but still overseen by the older females handing me out. haha.

You're just full of gems LOL.

Check out my friend's email to me about qigong master Jim Nance healing him!

so, i started moving his hand over my foot. it felt like very powerful magnets each time the hand passed over. immediately, the pain reduced by half and the nature of the pain shifted from sharp to dull. he asked me to wiggle my foot. i told him what i felt. he laughs and goes, 'yeah, but i haven't done it yet. that wasn't the thing.' ok. so i close my eyes and he does his thing. it felt like a needle stitching the bone, passing back and forth, right where the impact was. it didn't hurt when this happened. when he was done, the swelling was gone, which was only slight to begin with. the bruisey color was gone. the redness at pt. of impact was gone. the pain was down by 90%. it felt great. i moved it around.

One time Jim Nance did long distance healing on me and the center of my brain was on fire!!!

cool share, drew. i have heard about "stitching" techniques similar to what your friend described. one was for a hernia patient. the result from patient: hernia lifted and resolved immediately. cool beans, eh? :)

Awesome!!!

Yeah I shared the Jim Nance story on abovetopsecret then I got IP banned again. haha.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread902374/pg3

They have paid moderators that weed out the radicals.

Pretty funny for a "conspiracy" website.

That was an amazing amount of time to hold your breath, no wonder you can sit so long! I write a lot now about the location of awareness and the ability to feel responding to the necessity of breath- your breath was very cooperative with you, I would say.

When I was three, I took a bunch of sleeping pills on a dare; lucky for me my parents figured it out and they got my stomach pumped in time to save me. The start of my exploration of hypnogogia...

That was an amazing amount of time to hold your breath, no wonder you can sit so long! I write a lot now about the location of awareness and the ability to feel responding to the necessity of breath- your breath was very cooperative with you, I would say.

When I was three, I took a bunch of sleeping pills on a dare; lucky for me my parents figured it out and they got my stomach pumped in time to save me. The start of my exploration of hypnogogia...

Wow glad you got discovered!

Yeah what got me thinking about that skull cracked open experience is that in my post-masters qigong research I came across two medical books stating it's impossible to hold your breath till you pass out. The prefrontal cortex intention to hold the breath is over-ruled by the anterior cingulate gyrus.

I read that and went -- well I disproved science in first grade! haha. Then my friend told me about anthropologist Sherry Ortner's book on the sherpas saying how they had to hold their breath till they passed out in order to get hired.

I don't know -- Master Nan, Huai-chin says holding the breath is the wrong approach because actually it's the long exhale that builds up the energy.

I know from my own training that actually when the chi energy builds up then it takes over as breathing -- also it creates water -- so the centers of the hands and feet and top of the skull literally pulsate with electromagnetic energy as a form of breathing.

This is the "immortal" breathing but when I achieved that I didn't know what to do with it! If I had really studied the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" better I would have known that the chi then pushes the shen so that as the shen goes down the front the chi goes up the back and vice versa. This is the real samadhi meditation -- also enables astral travel, etc. But most people do not get to this state in the modern world.

So then when the room was spinning around me - that was astral travel kicking in but it was too early as I had not built up the chi enough to power the spirit better.

Live and learn -- I suppose maybe if I reincarnate I might have a better shot. haha.

I mean if I could score a well paying job and then practice on my own and then avoid all people sucking up my energy -- which would mean my family and no posting online, etc. Yeah I know it's harsh but that's just the reality because most Westerners are materialistic even if they go to church regularly, etc.

I would be considered to be in a cult basically -- and then go to the week long Level 4 retreats plus get the private energy transmissions.

I was thinking of applying to the U of MN as medical anthropology for a Ph.D. since I have a masters. But I would have to learn a language for the degree -- I suppose it would be Chinese. It would be intense as that language is so difficult to learn. Besides the cost would be overwhelming as going into debt. The most difficult part by far though would be avoiding my family. haha. I suppose if I was meditating six hours a day then I could rebuild my energy enough - but why risk it? I mean spending all that money just to get harrassed because people are against it.

So a better choice is to try to find a monastery. I've tried this already -- either the monastery does not focus on meditation but rather religious education and literacy -- or else the meditation is based on a white rice diet that causes constipation in a culture where starvation is a real problem, etc. I mean I would feel too guilty as a messed up Westerner going to Thailand when their monasteries are already being over-run by unemployed thugs, etc. So then relying on charity also makes the monasteries controlled by a secular culture that does not appreciate real meditation training and also if the monastery does not have a real energy master then it limits the training. I could not find an energy master that compared to Chunyi Lin -- except Master Zhang of http://qigongmaster.com Chunyi Lin says he did the cave meditation with Master Zhang on the same mountain where Master Zhang teaches cave meditation - so I assume it's the same Master Zhang.

Personally I think real meditation training is being lost as the real energy masters die off and the world becomes Westernized with the ecological and social injustice increasing. Compare that to 90% of the human history as the Bushmen culture were 90% of the males trained to be alchemical energy masters. So today is the exact opposite of that culture from 100,000 BCE.