Audiohealing

Anyone have any good exercises for increasing blood circulation to the hands?

Hey everyone,

I have a genetic condition where in cold climate or if I'm a bit stressed, the blood circulation to my hands becomes very poor (vasoconstriction) and my hands become FREEZING cold. This even happens when I have been inside in the warmth for a long time if it's winter.

Working as a massage therapist, this is a huge impediment to me, so I was wondering if you guys have any tricks to increase blood circulation to the hands that can be done relatively quickly (or for any length necessary!).

I've already tried all the usual, warm water, swinging the arms to force blood in, massaging, various herbs and supplements, etc. So far, pretty much nothing has worked, so maybe you guys might have some other ideas?

Also, strangely enough, there are times when my hands actually are hot like burning furnaces, but this occurs only when I am *extremely* relaxed, such as right after waking up, or after watching a movie for a long while.

Thanks! :)

Try zhan zhuang practice with relaxed breathing. This will build qi at the lower dantien, which will help open your channels and improve circulation in the long run.

Or any practice which builds qi. Kunlun method. Stillness-movement neigong. Etc.

Edited by turtle shell

... nearly everything is related to poor diet.

I do not believe in genetic conditions / perhaps poor family habits.

You have to clean your body up on a physical level first... and QI will flow naturally again

Other energetic practices will super charge.

Fresh fruit and veges, sprouted seeds... eat as much raw/uncooked food as you can.

Lots of distilled pure water.

Look into fasting.

avoid animal products and stimulants / alcohol etc

Even if one is eating very healthy... tap water today is toxic / full of heavy metal , fluoride and other chemicals.

^ this causes havoc in the body

All the best :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I found a lot of vascular growth in my hands and arms from practicing Wing Chun's Siu Nim Tao and also from Chen taiji's chansigong. Within three months' time my left hand went from having one vein visible below the back of my hand to many veins. The interesting thing is that the visible veins on my left hand are traveling in more of a spiral fashion than those on my right which were visible before I started chansigong.

More cardio might help? No expert here, but my G/f's hands are always very cold unless she is about and moving around; they then warm right up.

Look into P90X or Insanity. Maybe start running. If these suggestions don't work for you try for meditation and the relaxation response. My body tends to heat up during meditation sessions.

More cardio might help? No expert here, but my G/f's hands are always very cold unless she is about and moving around; they then warm right up.

Look into P90X or Insanity. Maybe start running. If these suggestions don't work for you try for meditation and the relaxation response. My body tends to heat up during meditation sessions.

Really :blink::( ????

Hey everyone,

I have a genetic condition where in cold climate or if I'm a bit stressed, the blood circulation to my hands becomes very poor (vasoconstriction) and my hands become FREEZING cold. This even happens when I have been inside in the warmth for a long time if it's winter.

Working as a massage therapist, this is a huge impediment to me, so I was wondering if you guys have any tricks to increase blood circulation to the hands that can be done relatively quickly (or for any length necessary!).

I've already tried all the usual, warm water, swinging the arms to force blood in, massaging, various herbs and supplements, etc. So far, pretty much nothing has worked, so maybe you guys might have some other ideas?

Also, strangely enough, there are times when my hands actually are hot like burning furnaces, but this occurs only when I am *extremely* relaxed, such as right after waking up, or after watching a movie for a long while.

Tricks?? you want tricks?

How about addressing any circulations issues you might have and actually fixing the problem?

Not trying to 'force' blood into your hands to make them warmer when YOU feel like it, sheesh.. no wonder people hurt themselves and piss their bodies off. :unsure:

If you are a massage therapist you should know anatomy. What is going on in your clavicular region? Your shoulders? how tight and constricted are your ribs, your upper back and shoulder blades?

Before upping the power of the pump, check the piping. If it ain't getting through, trying to force more though is daft.

PROPER gentle donggong with actual content to release open the joints and tissues should provide more than enough blood flow to the hands without having to try and explode your heart or learn 'tricks' to push more flow in temporarily. Which special moving practice? doesn't matter, what matters is HOW you are doing it, not what.

Work WITH your body and STOP seeing it like an enemy!! :angry:

What's strange about that! surely that should be well, Duh! ;)

The question here should be, well my body CAN have the flow to the hands, how do I learn to maintain that relaxation for longer and longer and longer until it's 24/7? And this kinda answers you own question no, you are tense and shutting off your own circulation.

Deep relaxation work combined with moving practice that actually RELEASES not STRETCHES or FORCES or PULLS open the body. You may surprise yourself :D

Hint, think 'release the nerves' not 'stretch the tissues'.

Good luck,

Best

• Like 3

For me, tension in shoulders, arms, back, neck etc. can make my hand/hands feel cold.

When i do stillness movement, my hands heat up quite a lot. Also eating a good meal, some chicken etc seems to help a lot.

I had problems in which my hands were freezing.

I don't think that it was genetic because I was the only guy in my family with this problem.

I consider this exercise as a good solution

fingerpushup.jpg

Hey everyone,

Qi wash works for some.

Usual breathing.

In both hands float up to chest height.

out.. Hands to LDT

In ..rubbing hands together just the palm to palm

out... Doing same

In... Again as hands float up to face."wash face with hands from brow down to chin"..

Breathing out. Hands float down then in as you rub hands together again but this time as if washing them rubbing palm and back of hands and fingers so all each surface of hand has been rubbed then rest.

Lovely warm hands.

I teach a class to Age UK seniors, that move is very popular on chilly mornings.

HTH

Hello Audiohealing,

Some qigong forms that I find bring a lot of energy to the hands especially are:

Pan Gu Shen Gong

Fragrance Qigong (aka Xiang Gong)

Soaring Crane Qigong

You can Google these for more information. Also, I'd recommend seeing a licensed acupunturist.

I have this issue, though not as bad as what you describe. Being physically active helps me the most, but I'll agree that my hands have not been nearly as cold as they used to be since I started really focusing on relaxing my shoulders & proper posture, as well as all the internal martial arts and qigong I've been doing over the past few years. I actually didn't really realize how much better it's become since I started doing all that, till I read this thread, and thought "hey, I used to have that problem!". :D My Mom has the same issue, except all over her body :) But then many women do. She's always cold. So I'll say that yeah, it's genetic, in the sense that what causes the issue in other people in your family is likely to cause it for you. If you have a predisposition for blockages or being tense/anxious. I have found out just recently that a few of my immediate family members are or were on anti-anxiety medications. I guess we don't talk enough...I have had some anxiety issues, but either mine or much more mellow than theirs, or I've learned how to overcome mine better, because I definitely don't have anything I'd take medication for. But I think that learning to relax has loosened up my shoulders quite a bit, and increased blood flow in my arms and hands.

If you're going to start drinking only distilled water, take the same precautions as with reverse osmosis water: add a drop of trace minerals, otherwise you may cause as many problems as you cure.

If you are interested in clearing the energetic weaknesses around the COLD and FREEZING, feel free to PM me.

I'd also be happy to strengthen you to the weaknesses here in the forum.

It is not a genetic weakness, the first weakness is coming from the spirit, not the body.

I like what snowmonki said. Though I was tempted to say pycogenol works well to increase blood circulation (at least it did for me). I like gigong/ tai chi balls-the metal ones you roll around your hand. Many qigong routines end(or start) with a vigorous rubbing together of the palms until they're very hot. I find holding the breath while rubbing increases the heat quite a bit.

I'm serious though. Chun yi lin speaks on clapping hard to increase circulation in the hands and chi circulation.

Haven't read all the post but swinging your arms around in big circles fast works excellent. The centrifical force forces the blood out to your hands and you feel them tingling.

I probably have Raynauds to some extent (undiagnosed), my grandmother had a very bad case, her hands would turn almost bluish, then bright red when they got warm again. But Raynauds and lack of circulation not quite the same, Raynauds is due to vasospasm; it can be sometimes all at once almost painful in getting cold an in getting warm again. So things to try to force circulation to spasmy arteries really don't feel good. I can run 15 miles in 50 degree weather and my hands can still be like ice unless I wear gloves. Staying relaxed promotes vasodilation, so does staying warm. The think I find helpful is try to stay warm in the first place, dress warm, wear gloves when in the cold, hands and feet are connected, so keeping my feet toasty helps a lot, cashmere or alpaca socks are a cold weather staple and not itchy.

Edited by zanshin