grady

Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai qigong seminar with Dr. Jiang Feng in China, November 2012.

..indeed it was my skepticism which directly prompted the infamous "t-shirt burning demo" in 2007 at our first meeting in which I took the shirt off my back and Shifu burned a few holes in it from a distance with his yang qi at an elevation of over 10,000 feet, video of which I believe may have been leaked on this forum for a short time ... trust me, I get it.

Yes, I have seen that video and I have to admit that it did look authentic. However, one can still be skeptical and said that someone hiding far away did that using a powerful laser. May be that wasn't possible given where he stood and the place etc. Still, it didn't help the case that the video you referenced in your first post clearly showed a flash of light before a hole appeared in the paper. How did you explain that?

I also don't understand why your Shifu would burn his guests' stomach as shown in his other youtube videos? What was the purpose? I would imagine that the burns would remain and be hurtful for days.

..You are not going to find a great deal of references to the "Gengmenpai" name, although they are out there (in Mandarin of course) although a number of people have written it with the wrong character (including the Apple Daily article, if memory serves) which is both amusing and instructive. Shifu is not big on formal names and usually just calls what we do "Yijinjing".

If it is not 庚门派, can you tell us the correct Chinese Character? My understanding of Yijinjing(易筋经)is that it is one of the two famous qigong techniques from Shaolin. However, I have never heard that they also cultivate the fusion yin and yang?

What I find interesting is that every master I meet wants 4,000

....hmmm.

Edited by sinansencer

Well, you also said but now you are not sure about that anymore.

I would tend to exclude the Apple Daily anyway, as I recall quite clearly having checked and found the original article with Jiang's string that - however - did not give result of the supposed rebuttal.

Frankly speaking, I still doubt there was any

YM

You're doing a good job of quoting my posts but not a very good job of reading them.

Again, to my knowledge he publicly retracted his statements to the reporter and asked for the forgiveness of Shifu and his brother students in Taiwan.

Again, I don't know if when or where his retraction was *published* by Apple Daily, and I really don't care, but I understand why someone who only has the internet to go on would. Frankly I doubt that a Taiwanese newspaper would be very interested in posting a retraction of a story it printed about a mainland qigong practitioner being a fraud, given the politics and stereotypes involved.

I clicked on your link to take a look, but that website is blocked on the mainland, another indication of the politics at play.

Edited by leandro

If it is not 庚门派, can you tell us the correct Chinese Character? My understanding of Yijinjing(易筋经)is that it is one of the two famous qigong techniques from Shaolin. However, I have never heard that they also cultivate the fusion yin and yang?

The correct character is 耿.

I also don't understand why your Shifu would burn his guests' stomach as shown in his other youtube videos? What was the purpose? I would imagine that the burns would remain and be hurtful for days.

The burn is a side effect of the injection of yang qi into the body for medical purposes, not the objective.

My understanding of Yijinjing(易筋经)is that it is one of the two famous qigong techniques from Shaolin. However, I have never heard that they also cultivate the fusion yin and yang?

The Yijinjing is usually listed as one of the famous 少林五诀 "Five Secrets/Arts/Techniques of Shaolin"

Our Yijinjing and the "fusion of yin & yang" are not mutually exclusive, quite the contrary.

I'm happy to try to answer more specific questions on our forum, please PM for details.

Edited by leandro

You're doing a good job of quoting my posts but not a very good job of reading them.

Again, to my knowledge he publicly retracted his statements to the reporter and asked for the forgiveness of Shifu and his brother students in Taiwan.

I guess English not being my first language I might misunderstand what you say.

When you say his retraction was "public" I suppose it is something that we all can gather confirmation, and not something you are the only one to have information about - in which case I would call it private.

So my question is: how can we get that info from a "public" source?

Am I right in supposing "your knowledge" comes from Zhai and not directly from the person who originally complained on the paper?

I clicked on your link to take a look, but that website is blocked on the mainland, another indication of the politics at play.

LOL, those are politics-politics and not anything related to qigong or to your master!

All of Hong Kong, and Taiwan, Apple publications are forbidden in China as well as most of other material from these two areas. And by the way, I am in China right now as well as when I posted the link which I browsed with a VPN.

YM

踢爆 黃山奇人電功詐財

渡海拜師求打通任督二脈 拆穿是高壓線圈

2007年07月15日

【專案組╱台北報導】武俠小說中上山拜師學藝的情節真實上演。台灣有民眾為練成「庚門氣功」發電絕技,遠赴大陸安徽黃山找翟江峰「打通任督二脈」。但民眾阿德向《蘋果》爆料,他花80萬元、苦學年餘卻發電不成,在翟要求發毒誓守密才被告知,「發電是靠高壓線圈通電,一切都是騙術」。《蘋果》取得翟江峰發功畫面,揭露兩岸假氣功集團騙人內幕。

兩岸騙局

被指騙財的大陸氣功師翟江峰(43歲),自稱少林庚門氣功第5代掌門,徒子徒孫遍布台灣、印尼、馬來西亞、新加坡等地。台灣則由徒弟莊財源(49歲)在高雄開設庚門氣功民俗療法中心,收近40名弟子,不乏空軍將官、台積電工程師、教師等。

稱發功讓水變甜

阿德表示,他兩年前見識到莊財源的氣功發電,「我被電到嚇一跳」,遂花12萬元拜莊為師,前年5月在莊建議下,與師兄弟及家屬十多人,赴大陸黃山找師公翟江峰「打通任督二脈」。

阿德說,翟江峰向徒孫們展現罐拔瘀血、清水變甜、空手劈石及氣功發火等絕技。翟除說發氣變甜的水飲用後能「長命百歲」,還用「強外氣」發電為團員診療;翟用拔罐拔出團員體內果凍狀的血液,稱是「血管阻塞的瘀血」,遊說團員購買單價約6萬6千元台幣的「化血丹」改善。阿德說,團員深信不移,共掏出逾300萬元買約50顆化血丹。

阿德說,他一年間三度前往黃山找師公學藝,「他(翟江峰)叫我練習握電,我還納悶氣功為什麼要握電」,直到翟突然對他說:「你先發毒誓,我就把發功秘訣告訴你。」阿德才知發電的是儀器不是氣功,其餘也都是騙術。

《蘋果》取得翟江峰發功畫面,送交專家解讀。建國中學物理教師鄭永銘一看氣功發電畫面便說:「這是騙人的!只要在身上放特斯拉高壓線圈就能放電。」鄭更說:「氣功發火即魔術師點菸術,是過錳酸鉀加甘油的化學變化。」

台北科技大學電子系教授房漢彬則直斥翟江峰空手劈石說:「一般人也能做到!」借力學原理,物體在強大衝擊力下,撞擊面積小物體就會斷裂。而血液凝固被翟說是瘀血,中國醫藥大學針灸研究所所長李德茂痛斥:「這是自然現象,身體有病的血液才不會凝固。」

台灣師父急撇清

上月20日,記者佯裝患者詢問莊財源氣功發電治病,莊推說:「身體不適,發不出電。」但他仍推銷記者學氣功,「終身6萬元練到會發功」。

《蘋果》昨以電話與莊財源、翟江峰對質。莊說:「我只是帶這些人到大陸,收費多少是他們與大陸人接洽,有沒有被騙與我無關。」記者問翟江峰是否以假氣功騙人?翟則反問:「你有沒有被騙?沒有就不要亂講。」他並推托:「誰說假的你找誰去吧!」還說:「沒有的事你不要問那麼多。」隨即掛斷電話。

翟江峰自稱庚門氣功第五代掌門,卻以魔術手法假裝氣功,誆騙台灣民眾前往黃山拜師學藝。

大陸師公 翟江峰(43歲)

國籍:中國大陸

婚姻:已婚,育有一女

頭銜:庚門氣功第五代掌門

經歷:曾任黃山西海大飯店推拿師

身家:安徽省績溪縣300坪獨棟3層樓庭園別墅、HONDA座車

絕招:氣功發電、氣功發火、空手劈石、清水變甜、罐拔瘀血

台灣師父

庚門氣功第六代傳人莊財源在台開設民俗療法中心,收了近四十名弟子練功。

破解翟江峰「假氣功」

資料來源:建中物理教師鄭永銘、北科大電子系教授房漢彬、中國醫藥大學針灸研究所所長李德茂、投訴人提供影帶內容

手法一 清水變甜(偷拍)

翟要女團員買回「樂百世」瓶裝水,打開綠色瓶蓋測試水沒味道時,一旁助手偷偷靠近梳妝台。

翟將瓶蓋放在梳妝台,助手假裝好奇察看梳妝台,右手偷偷將原來的瓶蓋換成沾糖的瓶蓋(箭頭處)。

翟拿起被助手換過的瓶蓋,蓋回瓶裝水。

翟假裝發功,並要女團員搖晃瓶身100下,水即變甜。

手法二 罐拔瘀血(模擬)

在指縫間藏針(箭頭處),假裝運功卻狂刺患者,再偷偷丟掉針。

在指縫間藏針(箭頭處),假裝運功卻狂刺患者,再偷偷丟掉針。

血液中有凝血因子,流出體外自然凝成果凍狀,翟卻謊稱是瘀血。

手法三 氣功發電

打通任督二脈就能發電。

破解:在身上放置特斯拉高壓線圈裝置,當與別人接觸時即構成一個接地的回路並形成放電。

手法四 空手劈石

挑選頁岩,以空手劈斷。

破解:劈石瞬間將石塊稍微離開接觸物體,利用衝擊力讓石塊斷裂。頁岩結構鬆散更易劈斷。

手法五 氣功發火

徒手令報紙或雜物著火。

破解:將過錳酸鉀及甘油分裝置於雜物中,假裝發功趁機捏破,藉過錳酸鉀接觸甘油會燃燒的化學反應行騙。

• Like 1

For those who are interested I've posted a link to a long compilation of clips someone (not me) put together, it's basically a collection of most of the youtube clips of Shifu which have been posted by various parties over the years, and some photos as well.

There's some very nice footage of Shifu at home in his socks passing qi diagnostically into a Western patient at the 5:30 mark, so much for the "electrical device in his shoe" theory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC7RT3QxFWk&feature=results_main

What if someone does not have $4000. but wants to learn from Jiang Feng?

More than likely the same thing that would happen if someone wanted a $190,000 Lamborghini but didnt have the money....they wouldnt get it.

• Like 2

What if someone does not have $4000. but wants to learn from Jiang Feng?

You phrased the question correctly; there is a big difference between having money & not being willing to spend it, and not having the money in the first place.

I hesitate to put words in Shifu's mouth, but the truth is that he has so often counseled personally me in regards to building and maintaining a healthy financial condition that I feel confident he would probably say some of the same things to you.

The practice is alive, it's like a plant who must have fertile ground in which to take root. That fertile ground is not just a healthy body-mind, but a healthy lifestyle as well, both in terms of your personal relationships and in terms of your financial situation, amongst other things.

In short, if your financial house is not in order, Shifu's first instructions to you would likely not be qigong exercises, but admonitions to get your financial house in order.

ROTFL!

In short, if your financial house is not in order, Shifu's first instructions to you would likely not be qigong exercises, but....

Rich.jpg

YM

PS: Deng's famous motto in its literal translation says "get rich first" (then come and visit me, Jiang would add :) )

Edited by YMWong
  • Like 4

how about some free tips on managing your money house, i'd be happy to hear them, and so will most of the bums.

there are too few here that would have a four digit sum to spend on qigong training.

all the tips "shifoooo" has about managing money are detailed in the first post of this thread....

how about some free tips on managing your money house, i'd be happy to hear them, and so will most of the bums.

there are too few here that would have a four digit sum to spend on qigong training.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 2

One only must wonder whether Jiang Feng also paid $4000 to his Buddhist Shaolin teachers, and whether they would approve of such practices. Probably not. Does Buddha turn away the poor?

I advise people who are seeking teachers of renown to cut out all the fishy middlemen and the unbelievably expensive retreats, and go and meet and talk to these people yourselves. Chances are that these masters do not charge even 1/4th of what's being peddled here. We all here know of one who never charged a penny for anything; ironically this person has probably one of the greatest reputations here.

There are many people out there who have met Jiang Feng and it is up to you to seek them out. His students are spread out all over China and Southeast Asia, especially Malaysia and Indonesia. Feng has tons of students, some of them whom will likely teach you the basics in exchange for kindness and friendship.. He has already established quite a few centers where people practice YJJ together. Google is your friend.

Who knows, for all you know, you might not need to sell your house to learn some qigong. If you can afford to flush $4k+round trip airfare and accomodations down the toilet, be our guest. Most of us who have no such means must look for other alternative ways. It's not impossible.

Edited by Practitioner

ROTFL!

Rich.jpg

YM

PS: Deng's famous motto in its literal translation says "get rich first" (then come and visit me, Jiang would add :) )

Seeing as we are all about the "proof", where exactly kind I find a link that proves Deng actually said that? I can find ALOT that point to a misquote or an actual no quote at all...

Seeing as we are all about the "proof", where exactly kind I find a link that proves Deng actually said that? I can find ALOT that point to a misquote or an actual no quote at all...

http://cpc.people.co...36/2569304.html

"邓小平1985年10月23日会见美国时代公司组织的美国高级企业家代表团时说

我们的政策是让一部分人、一部分地区先富起来,以带动和帮助落后的地区,先进地区帮助落后地区是一个义务。

邓小平1986年3月28日在会见新西兰总理朗伊时说

我的一贯主张是,让一部分人、一部分地区先富起来,大原则是共同富裕。一部分地区发展快一点,带动大部分地区,这是加速发展、达到共同富裕的捷径。"

YM

Edited by YMWong

One only must wonder whether Jiang Feng also paid $4000 to his Buddhist Shaolin teachers, and whether they would approve of such practices. Probably not. Does Buddha turn away the poor?

Ignoring for the moment the incredible arrogance implicit in the ridiculous air of moral authority that you have taken here, I will leave you with a thought:

Dr. Jiang gave his master his *childhood*. Seven to seventeen. Actually it is more accurate to say that his childhood was taken from him, because he really didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

What was YOUR childhood worth?

More or less than $4000?

I have given the last few years of my life to this full-time work.

What is it worth to you not to have to spend years, quit your job, leave your family, move to a foreign country, learn an alien language, and all with no guarantee of success?

More or less than $4000?

It is ... enlightening, I suppose, to see how many people are willing to spend $4000 on a high end flatscreen TV or a 10-day cruise but expect the "secrets of the universe" (in quotes for a reason) for free ...

This stuff is not for the many, it's for the few.

The further I walk down this road the more I understand the wisdom of the ancients in making it so.

Edited by leandro

I advise people who are seeking teachers of renown to cut out all the fishy middlemen and the unbelievably expensive retreats, and go and meet and talk to these people yourselves.

For those less google-minded JF was working at this Hotel in 2009

http://www.paiyunlou.com/

Ironically, the only two articles about him on the web are complains of having been tricked.

One is the taiwanese already posted, the second is this one http://bbs.travel.163.com/bbs/jiangnan/136945213,1.html

YM

I dunno. Seems to have enough red flags to want to wait until you personally meet the guy before spending that kind of dough. (pyrokenisis vid, Verdesi involvement, reports of fraud)

My own teacher charged alot, a similar amount, but when I asked him to be a student, after many days of getting to know each other, he told me to think about it for a year. It wasnt just for some seminar either, it was for the whole kaboodle. And I found him, really by chance, it wasn't by some advert directed towards western people. Therefore I was ready to pay whatever he wanted, and I'm still laughing that I got it with only money.

I agree that 4 grand is nothing in the scope of a lifetime, and Americans who even have crap jobs can save that easily if they really want to, unless you are disabled or something like that. But my question is, why does an attorney from the USA need to take financial advice from a Chinese mainlander qigong doctor? It should be the other way around.

• Like 2

The business model is so wrong. I mean having seminars does bring in big numbers but getting people to come to it is a whole art in and of itself.

It would be better if he made a level 1 dvd had his team give good support for those who bought it and then offer a seminar.

This brings in sales immediately and builds an audience for the seminar and helps to get your name out there.

Plus the dvd would give people a taste of the training and he could do things like this like people who buy the dvd before hand can get 20% off the seminar or something like that.

If your going to teach and make a business out of it then learn business or dont mix the 2. John Chang gave us all so many lessons. He taught for free and learned business and made millions....

Good businesses know how to sell has a good product and they have outstanding customer service.

Theres nothing wrong charging for teaching but there is something wrong with bad business. Infact the price thats being offered sounds like it would cater to the high end crowd. If thats the case you shouldnt be posting on a forum.

You should be calling corporations and other ways to find high end clients. Who knows you might get corporate sponsoring. Or professional marketing traded for a seat at the seminar.

If you want to teach the poor then start a non profit.

if your not getting the numbers and if your marketing isnt working then your whole business model needs changing.

Edited by puretruth01

I once attended a free I-Ching seminar that was given by a Taoist teacher from Taiwan. When the seminar ended, a woman asked if he wanted the group to raise money for him. He answered in half chinese- half spanish this:

"I own my own factory and I`m doing very well financially, so luckily I don`t need anyone`s money. For me and my family is a pleasure to come here and teach."

• Like 1

The business model is so wrong. I mean having seminars does bring in big numbers but getting people to come to it is a whole art in and of itself.

It would be better if he made a level 1 dvd had his team give good support for those who bought it and then offer a seminar.

This brings in sales immediately and builds an audience for the seminar and helps to get your name out there.

Plus the dvd would give people a taste of the training and he could do things like this like people who buy the dvd before hand can get 20% off the seminar or something like that.

If your going to teach and make a business out of it then learn business or dont mix the 2. John Chang gave us all so many lessons. He taught for free and learned business and made millions....

Good businesses know how to sell has a good product and they have outstanding customer service.

Theres nothing wrong charging for teaching but there is something wrong with bad business. Infact the price thats being offered sounds like it would cater to the high end crowd. If thats the case you shouldnt be posting on a forum.

You should be calling corporations and other ways to find high end clients. Who knows you might get corporate sponsoring. Or professional marketing traded for a seat at the seminar.

If you want to teach the poor then start a non profit.

if your not getting the numbers and if your marketing isnt working then your whole business model needs changing.

The mistake you make is to think of it as a business, and thus judge it against a business model.

It is not.

Your error is to assume that we would want "corporate sponsoring. Or professional marketing".

We do not.

Neither Shifu, nor I for that matter, make our living teaching or giving seminars.

The cost of the seminar consequently has almost nothing to do with supply and demand.

I am very thankful for that, and you should be too, because if it did, I imagine that things would be a great deal more expensive than they are.

Edited by leandro