Lindelani Mnisi

Windows to the soul

The eyes don't lie is another saying which I believe to be true.

I think you can get a general feel of a person by looking into their eyes or even just them in general.

Intuition? subtle energy etc

/ reading people - empathic

I think most people have this ability?

You ever walked into a place that didnt feel quite right?

Or another place that felt really good?

without any obvious reason as to why.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I hear that the eyes are the windows to the soul, is it true cause I'm always looking into peoples eyes these days? And any other thing like that to tell

Stash just spoke to that in another thread.

I think it is true but it is something that needs be learned by most people. (Seems it is natural for some folks.)

The eyes don't lie is another saying which I believe to be true.

I think you can get a general feel of a person by looking into their eyes or even just them in general.

Intuition? subtle energy etc

/ reading people - empathic

I think most people have this ability?

You ever walked into a place that didnt feel quite right?

Or another place that felt really good?

without any obvious reason as to why.

Yes i have a couple of times and I guess its not as i thought.

In that case marblehead, i guess when i open my third eye i'll be able to do that

Folks often give away clues as to whether they believe what they are saying or whether they dont

It shows up in handwriting and facial muscles as well as posture and speech. Some folks are good at reading for truth and other folks arent. It takes practice and verification to get good at it. It is the verification part that we dont have ordinarily, and thats why few folks get very good at it.

Some tics like micro exp<b></b>ressions can be extremely noticable once you are clued in to them.

I know a guy who leans over to one side maybe 25 degrees or so and scratches his forearm when his is BSing.

Its a very interesting subject but be careful you do not become jaded towards everyone. There are things folks just prefer to keep to themselves, sometimes they are just simplifying a story , and sometimes they are unsure about some facet they included,, there are many reasons to fudge the truth, sometimes its best to just try to get a sense of whether a person has your best interest at heart overall , and leave the truth stuff to courts.

Sometimes suppressed hostility can even show up in misspelling peoples names!

Stosh

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I always feel empathy, intuition, and basic feel of someone's aura is a better indicator then the eyes, its a least more consisten by my experience.

A flock of strange birds.

A flock of strange birds ? outside ?Ive been seeing barn swallows migrating all weekend ,///Stosh

• Like 1

I hear that the eyes are the windows to the soul, is it true cause I'm always looking into peoples eyes these days? And any other thing like that to tell

Hi Lindelani,

Yes, it beautifully romantic and also literally and practically true.

From a Chinese Medicine perspective

The eyes hold the light of the great shen (to note, there is also a little shen and/or the five little shens). The light of shen is the light of the spirit. Practitioners who have the gift of sight can literally see its flicker. If you can't actually see the light, then you can perceive it through attentively watching for a sense of radiance about a person. A person whose 'spirit' is healthy and embodied carries a brightness in their eyes consistently. When people are joyful, laughing or in love, it is quite easy to sense or feel a flicker of light in the eyes. In contrast, when you look at people whose vitality is low, who suffer from depression, or who are chronically ill, you may get a sense that the eyes are weak and dark.

Once you observe these qualities deeply, over time, you may be able to develop a refined sense of the spirit lights or through other means literally see it. For instance, I am able to read the quality of the flicker so that I am able to understand a person's unique composition of emotion, read 'thoughts' and more. I have also heard of a few practitioners who are able to do organ health diagnosis through simply analyzing shen light. Some times I have seen people laugh so hard, the lights literally twinkle and pour from their eyes. Some people who are very dreamy hold their lights like sun on the surface of a river, meandering and glimmering. Often when people are being quick witted and sharp, there is an edge, as if the flamer were a spear. So next time you gaze, relax and allow yourself to sense.

From a 'metaphysical' perspective and my non-theoretical experience

The eyes are basically a passage in to the universe. On a strictly physical level, the pupil is a hole at the center of the eye that allows for the light of the earth to enter the retina. On a deeper, the hole of the pupil is actually a portal and its darkness is the space of the universe through which the light of celestial bodies can be seen and earthly (and remember earth is a celestial body too) lights can be transferred. When I look through that space and deep into the eyes or rather beyond the eyes, I can see the soul. The bones of the soul are actually planets. So when I see the arrangement of the planets I am able to see the structure of someone's soul or their 'constellation'- this includes the space they occupy in the universe, the composition of that space, their relationship to other souls and basically the physical anatomy of their soul. As romantic as it sounds, it is not symbolic, it is literal. Meaning, if you could see through that window, you would see the celestial world without having to get in a space ship. !

Share your gaze and share your soul… :-) Mila

• Like 3

Hi Lindelani,

The eyes hold the light of the great shen (to note, there is also a little shen and/or the five little shens). The light of shen is the light of the spirit. Practitioners who have the gift of sight can literally see its flicker. If you can't actually see the light, then you can perceive it through attentively watching for a sense of radiance about a person. A person whose 'spirit' is healthy and embodied carries a brightness in their eyes consistently. When people are joyful, laughing or in love, it is quite easy to sense or feel a flicker of light in the eyes. In contrast, when you look at people whose vitality is low, who suffer from depression, or who are chronically ill, you may get a sense that the eyes are weak and dark.

Once you observe these qualities deeply, over time, you may be able to develop a refined sense of the spirit lights or through other means literally see it. For instance, I am able to read the quality of the flicker so that I am able to understand a person's unique composition of emotion, read 'thoughts' and more. I have also heard of a few practitioners who are able to do organ health diagnosis through simply analyzing shen light. Some times I have seen people laugh so hard, the lights literally twinkle and pour from their eyes. Some people who are very dreamy hold their lights like sun on the surface of a river, meandering and glimmering. Often when people are being quick witted and sharp, there is an edge, as if the flamer were a spear. So next time you gaze, relax and allow yourself to sense.

From a 'metaphysical' perspective and my non-theoretical experience

The eyes are basically a passage in to the universe. On a strictly physical level, the pupil is a hole at the center of the eye that allows for the light of the earth to enter the retina. On a deeper, the hole of the pupil is actually a portal and its darkness is the space of the universe through which the light of celestial bodies can be seen and earthly (and remember earth is a celestial body too) lights can be transferred. When I look through that space and deep into the eyes or rather beyond the eyes, I can see the soul. The bones of the soul are actually planets. So when I see the arrangement of the planets I am able to see the structure of someone's soul or their 'constellation'- this includes the space they occupy in the universe, the composition of that space, their relationship to other souls and basically the physical anatomy of their soul. As romantic as it sounds, it is not symbolic, it is literal. Meaning, if you could see through that window, you would see the celestial world without having to get in a space ship. !

Share your gaze and share your soul… :-) Mila

:)

It's rare to look deeply into someones eyes. Its such an intimate act that its considered almost taboo. Generally I could only do it with my young children. a little with my wife, but too much and it freaks her out

Edited by thelerner

and to let someone else look deeply into one's own eyes. a few words come to mind, trust , vulnerability, deep connection, generous sharing

edit> and fearless

Edited by zerostao

and to let someone else look deeply into one's own eyes. a few words come to mind, trust , vulnerability, deep connection, generous sharing

edit> and fearless

YES! To deeply see and be seen… to know one another truly… to love and honor each other through that witnessing in ALL that we see… these are great intimacies toward dissolving fear, hurt, and separation. This quality in love can release mental and emotional barriers, free the spirit to breath a little more deeply and allow the soul to shine a little more brightly.

Edited by Small Fur
  • Like 3

I could stare into people's eyes for hours if they'd let me. Most people get uncomfortable after a few seconds, unless it's a staring contest.

There ya go! Want a chance to look deeply into someone's eyes without freaking them out? Challenge them to a staring contest! :P

Hi Lindelani,

Great post, thanks for that! :-)

Even though I am far away from what you seem to be able to see in a person's eyes, I have also noticed how the difference in brightness seems to say a lot about the person. I think the difference is particularly striking if you look into the eye's of older people. You can really tell who, well, just got old and who is still full of life/vitality "despite" their age. On the other side of the spectrum, young children/babies almost always seem to have very bright/clear eyes.

I could stare into people's eyes for hours if they'd let me. Most people get uncomfortable after a few seconds, unless it's a staring contest.

There ya go! Want a chance to look deeply into someone's eyes without freaking them out? Challenge them to a staring contest! :P

Same here. I have noticed that I often tend to look into a person's eyes for quite a long time, especially if that person is a woman ^_^ . It happens more or less automatically and sometimes people are a bit freaked out by that, but at least the people closer to me seem to have got used to it. (seem to have got used to it. Is that correct English? Sounds awkward,)

Edited by madMUHHH

Same here. I have noticed that I often tend to look into a person's eyes for quite a long time, especially if that person is a woman ^_^ . It happens more or less automatically and sometimes people are a bit freaked out by that, but at least the people closer to me seem to have got used to it. (seem to have got used to it. Is that correct English? Sounds akward,)

Yes, I do find it's easier to get lost in woman's eyes. :)

I think a slightly more correct way of wording it would be "seem to have gotten used to it."

• Like 1

Wow, i have noticed some peoples eyes to be dark than others. Was wandering why. Thanks guys. My friends never seem to mind me looking them in the eyes. Guess its a teenager thing

Pupil dilation tends to mean someone likes what they see, as in

Elephant guy likes what he sees!

It can also indicate intoxication

It can also be the effect of eye-drops

Belladonna was used in old Italy to make a womans

eyes dilate so they would look romantic

its subtle but very effective

Pin-dot pupils mean someone is not happy about you at all

this person is feeling hostile

Iris color varies person to person and varies

with light source and intensity

it is a rather complex genetic effect.