Protector

Meat eating thread

IT IS TIME TO FINALLY REVIVE THE MEAT EATING THREAD

But I can't think of anything to talk about cuz I'm full right now

IT IS TIME TO FINALLY REVIVE THE MEAT EATING THREAD

But I can't think of anything to talk about cuz I'm full right now

Are there going to be recipes this time? :ph34r:

Respect to all meat eaters. Each to their own path but in these tough economic times a mainly veggie diet will save you tons of money and veggie grub can be hearty and filling. Mrs Gradmaster Ps spicy shroom burgers had our builders begging or more when we recently had a gang in building some walls outside. Big lads, big appetites all wanted the recipe.It aint all nut cutlets and that foul muck Quorn.Only downside is prep time really it aint 'fast' food by any means.

• Like 1

Ey, I already put somewhere around here some Korean raw beef recipe thing

mmmm raw meats... with some green stuff...

Or maybe rabbit tastes like any sort of meat. Mate of mine ate snake in Vietnam he reckons it tasted 'a bit like rabbit'.

No rabbit trouble round here, cat chases em away. Brian (catless) along the way feeds rabbits. Not intentionally, they just eat all his cabbages.

Hmm, and snakes are cat's sworn enemies

They say that cats imitate snakes to intimidate their enemies, probably because cats are afraid of snakes and so they scare everyone else the same way

I think the whole "we were meant to eat this or that" argument is a moot point, at this point. Eat the way you feel is in stride with the life you want to live. Yeah we were "meant" to eat meat. But we can survive without it. So if you want to be a vegetarian, or even a *gasp* vegan, go ahead! You will live. You have the option of not killing anything with a face, and you will survive. It's ok. That's the beauty, and burden, of being a human. You have the choice.you can live by certain ideals, whether or not your body, in a strictly physiological way (and this is not without debate), was "meant" to eat meat.

I do well with meat. I feel good when i get a reasonable amount of quality meat. I hunt. I don't enjoy killing, but for now, I've decided I'm a meat eater, and will do my best to eat quality, clean, well treated meat. Not something abused, living in its own excrement, slaughtered in conditions so unclean they feel the need to irradiate the meat.

And I eat a LOT of veggies and fruit, and very little processed food. Whether its quinoa bread or white wheat flour bread, I feel that when you take a grain and grind it into flour and make something out of that, you're getting into "processed food" territory. So i eat very little of that. And my body feels good.

Not sure what the future will bring...I know my body does better when I get some meat, but who knows? Maybe someday ill decide its not worth it, and feel worse, but kill no animals. I think some body types do much better without meat than others. But whatever the body does better on, it's your choice. Even if that choice is starving yourself, cause in the end, in order for you to live, something must die.

Edited by i am
  • Like 3

Hmm, and snakes are cat's sworn enemies

They say that cats imitate snakes to intimidate their enemies, probably because cats are afraid of snakes and so they scare everyone else the same way

I heard cats and snakes are related. See their eyes. Consider their mechanisms for hissing and purring.

Cats will take on a snake in a heartbeat if it isn't too much bigger than it is. They will kill it and mot time not even eat it.

I saw a documentary a while back about a bob cat taking on a really big diamond-back rattler. It took a while but the cat won. Just left the snake laying there. I guess it was more at keeping its territory safe than anything else.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Brian's rabbits come pre-stuffed with cabbage. That has to save time.

I agree though that if people want to eat meat that's their choice and good luck to them.

Bad luck for the poor animal the meat came from though and such a bleddy waste.

Putting grain through a cow to produce meat is just crazy. Eat the flippin' grain.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Before my dad became an alcoholic he would go out during season and always bring food home, mostly rabbit, squirrel & phesant. My two younger brothers got into deer hunting and did pretty good at bring home the food.

If I get a deer (and hopefully someday an elk!), I don't bring any store bought meat into my house, except some fish here and there. I'll still eat meat now and then if I eat out, but I don't buy it from the grocery store. At least until I run out of deer...but this year I ran out in July, and so far I have yet to bring anything but fish home from the grocery store. It's a little deal I made with myself when I started hunting, and it's been a really good thing for me.

I'm very lucky to live in an area of the world, and country, where it's very convenient to go out and get your own meat. I butcher it, too. It's very cool to know what's happened, in person, to my meat from the time that it was walking in the mountains, to when it makes it onto my plate. Can also test whether you're really as much of a carnivore as you think! I usually need to wait at least a week after butchering my deer before I can bring myself to eat it.

I usually need to wait at least a week after butchering my deer before I can bring myself to eat it.

I hear you. I used to very much enjoy going fishing even if I didn't catch anything. Then I built my fish ponds. I really can't justify going out and killing fish when I spend a lot of time trying to keep the ones I have alive.

Fish would be the last thing I would consider buying at a

grocery store, for several reasons .. freshness, sanitary conditions

water quality ,'farm raised' antibiotics ,etc

but I guess thats a judgement call which depends on how you weight things.

But regarding the theme of the thread ,

I have no more guilt about having to eat and what I eat than my cat does

and I see nothing spiritual Tao-wise about having it, its more like a borrowed

failing from Buddhism.

Stosh

• Like 1

... its more like a borrowed failing from Buddhism.

Stosh

Well, it is my understanding that the Buddha was an omnivore so it wasn't he who taught any such thing.

Well, it is my understanding that the Buddha was an omnivore so it wasn't he who taught any such thing.

I stand corrected ,

The Buddha was wise

Hindu?

Stosh

I stand corrected ,

The Buddha was wise

Hindu?

Stosh

As far as I recall the only meat forbidden the Hindi are monkey and cattle.

I think it was just some sect of Buddhism that went vegetarian.

My Buddhist friend here in real life eats all meat except for the water buffalo. Domesticated cattle are allowed.