ralis

5 Ways to Spot The Psychopath In Your Life.

Just wanted to start this thread and see what interesting responses are posted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/psychology-book_n_1315990.html#s747885&title=Inhumane_or_simply

Extreme right wing Nazi Hermann Goering provides details as to how crowds are manipulated by abusive right wing propaganda and fear. Is this any different than what the Republicans are using in their divisive political discourse against progressives?

417413_10150610677492670_53896452669_9243473_313303338_n.jpg

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Saying that Republicans are psychopaths/sociopaths, and equating them to Nazis is more than a little extreme.

I'm sure it's true in a minority of cases.

Goering's quote is something to always consider.

• Like 2

Saying that Republicans are psychopaths/sociopaths, and equating them to Nazis is more than a little extreme.

I'm sure it's true in a minority of cases.

Goering's quote is something to always consider.

If you read the OP, I was asking a question. However, many of the Republican politicians fit some of the categories of sociopathic behavior. Further, Rush Limbaugh the flag bearer for the right wing, is a sociopath and authoritarian. His recent vitriol against the Georgetown law student is indicative of that personality disorder.

How many Republican candidates for POTUS actually have sincere empathy for the suffering of others? Why do the Republicans insist on letting excessive unregulated speculation on Wall Street, determine high prices for fuel? Wall Street speculators are not end users and are only driven by greed! With increasing fuel costs, basic food stuffs will rise to the point where many families will have to choose between food or gasoline.

BTW, I wasn't equating the Republicans to Nazi's. I was using historical material to prove a point.

Edited by ralis

How many Republican candidates for POTUS actually have sincere empathy for the suffering of others?

1? :lol:

Every psychopath I've ever known has been a republican. That's not to say that all republicans are psychopaths, rather that people who lack empathy for others (sociopaths and psychopaths) tend not to care about social programs so much, unless it directly involves their own well being.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

If muslims want to wear their garb in the US it should be in the pattern and design of old glory

It's disappointing to see this. I disagree completely.

• Like 3

Until you have been assulted by a race of people who don't look like you or speak your language

there is nothing to be disappointed over

Actually, there is! Don't make stupid assumptions about me, please.

• Like 2

Actually, there is! Don't make stupid assumptions about me, please.

None intended

I am beyond sick and tired of "Red tape" and having to be PC 24/7

Just would like to live life without bigbro up in my grill so to speak

None of my opinions here are intended to be disrespectful toward you Scotty.

I probably need to use smile.gif more often.

Peace,

Rob

I decided to separate from the military last year - after 14 years active duty and Guard. One of the reasons was I just couldn't relate to the mentality of some of the people anymore. Many of the people I worked with were basically Christian racists who try and hide and cover up their racism and anger with being patriotic.

• Like 1

Bingo - to which they reply, whatever are you talking about? :lol:

If you read the OP, I was asking a question. However, many of the Republican politicians fit some of the categories of sociopathic behavior. Further, Rush Limbaugh the flag bearer for the right wing, is a sociopath and authoritarian. His recent vitriol against the Georgetown law student is indicative of that personality disorder.

How many Republican candidates for POTUS actually have sincere empathy for the suffering of others? Why do the Republicans insist on letting excessive unregulated speculation on Wall Street, determine high prices for fuel? Wall Street speculators are not end users and are only driven by greed! With increasing fuel costs, basic food stuffs will rise to the point where many families will have to choose between food or gasoline.

BTW, I wasn't equating the Republicans to Nazi's. I was using historical material to prove a point.

Using historical material to equate republicans with nazis. :rolleyes:

BUT,

"I wasnt calling Republicans nazis"

Funny if it werent so damned transparent - you just did something that when you heard 2 or 3 of rush's words in quotations on huffpo, you went off on him, calling his racist, authoritarian, etc. The stench of hypocrisy is absolutely stunning. Oh wait, look who I'm addressing here. Let me rephrase that, not stunned in the least.

Terrible thing when your ideological opponent does it, but when you do it, of course that's okay.

Now if you went and looked at the context it was "now normally people who say 'I need to be paid so that I might have sex' we call them prostitutes." Sounds about right to me. But its not about Flake's level of sluttiness or lack thereof, its about making republicans look bad. Bad because they refused to let her speak, but oh jeez, look at the context again and you see there was no context for her to have even been there in the first place!

And then one looks further and finds this isnt any innocent little 23 year old college girl just looking to make her way with the best education. This entire Flake setup was just that, a setup. A democratic op that used to work for the democratic party in NYC, she went to Georgetown for the express reason to challenge this contraceptive subsidy - but she feels no compunction over lying about why she's there giving the whole sob story. So if she's not a slut, she's a lying sack of crap at the very minimum. (edit:I am curious why she felt the need to lie in her testimony also, because she's 30, not 23. And that's just among the more bald-faced lies about the whole deal. Then again, apparently lying to congress during testimony isnt really that big of a deal anymore. And what of Carbonite? Ed Schultz is still sponsored by them though he called a conservative woman a slut - yes, used those very words and didnt even bother to be subtle enough to make it all 3rd person and not direct, but apparently when you're a liberal TV personality you get a free pass when you call someone a slut because they dont hold your ideology - but if you're conservative, forget it! No double standards here, no.)

One cant even call this Access to contraception with any sort of straight face, but that's how its being framed by democrats who are basically grasping at any straw they can find to show the spotlight away from the effects of Obama's policies. Who's preventing access to anything? Nobody, but somehow everyone is being expected to pay for something, as usual. Once again its progressives jamming their ideology down your throat, and you're some authoritarian bastard if you dont want to go along and open up your wallet yet again to pay for whatever the hell pet money pit it is this time.

What's that you have left of your argument, ralis? As usual, once the facts have been looked at....not much.

Be sure to show up next month for our next installment of "watch the leftist choke himself with hypocrisy" :lol:

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

The initial quote is from Goebbels (originally wrote Goering for some reason, info is correct) I'm not sure how much we'd want to follow the 'wisdom' of a man who committed suicide at 47, right after ordering a dentist (I think) to kill off his 6 kids.

I think the lesson is- be wary slapping blanket condemnation on any whole group. Fight against policies, actions and ideas, not against groups. Often inside the group itself is the most powerful agent for change, and once you've smeared them you lose the ability to dialog and find common ground. There are exceptions to this, some groups are extreme, but the vast majority are not, they simply fill a grey area.

For what its worth, I'm a liberal and I survived working on the Chicago South Side for 20 years (if you consider the Pilsen area the south side). It wasn't always pretty, but it wasn't 'Mad Max' either. Matter of fact over the decades its gotten better. Life will rob, mug, and beat us. We have to be careful not to pick up prejudices along the way. Prejudices blind us, robs us of knowledge and opportunities.

I think the psychopaths are the ones who live in a black or white universe. Its okay to insult, hurt, kill the other, cause they're on the black side. Maybe saints live in a white and white world. There's good or potential good everywhere.

Course we're not saints and better safe then stupid. Live life cautiously, but not fearfully.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I think the psychopaths are the ones who live in a black or white universe.

That certainly blocks empathy.

I think teh psychopaths are the me, the myself, and the I, and the people who believe they are the me, the myself, or the I. :lol: let's all take a look at it, shall we:

You cant spell slaughter without laughter! :D "Slaffter" :lol:

The initial quote is from Goering. I'm not sure how much we'd want to follow the 'wisdom' of a man who committed suicide at 47, right after ordering a dentist (I think) to kill off his 6 kids.

I think the lesson is- be wary slapping blanket condemnation on any whole group. Fight against policies, actions and ideas, not against groups. Often inside the group itself is the most powerful agent for change, and once you've smeared them you lose the ability to dialog and find common ground. There are exceptions to this, some groups are extreme, but the vast majority are not, they simply fill a grey area.

For what its worth, I'm a liberal and I survived working on the Chicago South Side for 20 years (if you consider the Pilsen area the south side). It wasn't always pretty, but it wasn't 'Mad Max' either. Matter of fact over the decades its gotten better. Life will rob, mug, and beat us. We have to be careful not to pick up prejudices along the way. Prejudices blind us, robs us of knowledge and opportunities.

I think the psychopaths are the ones who live in a black or white universe. Its okay to insult, hurt, kill the other, cause they're on the black side. Maybe saints live in a white and white world. There's good or potential good everywhere.

Course we're not saints and better safe then stupid. Live life cautiously, but not fearfully.

That was Goebbels, not Goering.

I guess the redneck militias protecting you up there are liberals blink.gif

Until you have been assulted by a race of people who don't look like you or speak your language

there is nothing to be disappointed over

Obama has a residence here in the Chi (protected)

Have you seen the murder rate in Chicago this year

Oh, perfect, "you are under attack by ethnic people, how dare you criticize racist vigilantiism you lazy unpatriotic Obama supporter."

Way to prove the original point there champ.

And you support redneck militias? Cookin' up some hotdogs with the grand wizard?

I don't argue with racist cowards on the internet so I'll just leave you to lick up that puddle of shit that you just dove into ;) ..

I'm sick of weak liberal opinions who have never had to survive afterhours on inner city streets.

PERIOD

that's a weak statement, but then again, i have been protected on high by whatever you wanna call it, spirits, autonomous chi cultivation, god, fuckall even the devil. been through some nasty places after dark, past 10:00, 11:00, 2 AM, man, no one messes with me, i am protected. but i beleive quite firmly that it is something that falls under 3 categories:

1. how you present yourself; go out with yo draw's hanging down about half your asscrqack showin and walk with swagger and a bandana on your head. wrong color? oops i got shot! how'd that happen???

a. just stand upright, wear comfortable clothes and dont try to stand out. dork.

2. mindset. this falls over a wide area, including how you present and carry yourself, but if your mindset is victim, expect to be a victim, if your mindset is protector, you'll probably be looking for victims and want to step in if need be.

both these are likely to get you hurt.

Just keep in mind that you may have to defend yourself, and be confident that you can, but you aint looking for trouble! DORK.

3. Spirits/Chi/God/prayer. These are all lumpped into one sum, and all work in strikingly similar ways and also fall under mindset. imagine a bright white light of protection around you and anything and anyone you want to be safe. it works for me, but maybe that is a coincedence.

(i dont believe in coincedences.)

• Like 1

Sifusufi has simply fallen for the fascist propaganda that's being spread in the united states. The truth is that the USA was founded on the principals of individual freedom, not patriotism. When you understand that, then you can see how offensive your picture of the muslim women draped in the flag is, not because she's muslim, but because she should feel the need to drape herself in the flag in the first place.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1