lifeforce

What Is Non-Duality ?

One man and his dog, again!

But the sheep said, "What the heck you two trying to prove?"

PS No wonder you are depressed, listening to music like that.

Edited by Marblehead

We cannot separate space from time. That is the fourth dimension - time/space.

Prior to the last Big Bang there was Singularity - all was One. I am not suggesting that this was the beginning of all things, space and time. Only that it was the beginning of this go-'round.

As you get older try telling me that time has not taken its toll on your body. Eventually it will get your mind too.

Quantum mechanics is valid at the quantum level. It is invalid at the level where I live. Therefore it does not apply to my life.

Light. Well, before there was light there was only energy. True? (Light requires something to perceive it.) Yes, I hold to the understanding that Chi is energy.

Agreeed,...you cannot separate space from time,...but as neither space or time exists, why try? LOL

Both Buddha, and Quantum Cosmologists, suggest that never was a Big Bang. Sure, such a concept makes things more palatable for ego,...but is that the right thing?

Swami Amar Jyoti wrote, "As long as you are projecting yourself into time and space in your calculations, your measurements, your excuses,...as long as time and space conceptions are consciously or subconsciously occupying your mind, you will not attain enlightenment....the worse fallacy of ego is this; that it does not take itself as a conception." "illusion of time, space, and ego" http://light-of-consciousness.org/

Perception is a dream,...that means you are a dream to. It does not mean that everything but you is a dream.

Please stop with the Big Bang/Singularity stuff. It's man manufactured fiction,...a theory that will never, can never be proved. Because time (and space) does not exist.

The Present exists,...but there is no Present in time,...and thus no Present in space. Quantum mechanics works on all levels, all the time, and in all space. I agree that it does appear to works with skandhan notions of conceptions.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO ENERGY in Undivided Light,...the fulcrum upon which Duality effects its motion. Energy is merely the perceived motion of Duality attempting to find unity with Undivided Reality,...which it never can, because it was never really separated,...and does not exist.

Absolutely no energy beyond duality,...absolutely no energy in non-duality,....absolutely no energy out of time and space. That applies directly to your experience of life,...and just because you might refuse to be honest enough to see it, doesn't mean it's not true.

To understand Non-Duality is to understand Undivided Light. The thread 'What is Light' has everything one needs to realize Non-Duality.

V

Well Vmarco, I think that this has brought us to an impasse.

Your Buddhism will not fit into my Taoism and my Taoism will not fit into your Buddhism at this point or any point further.

I will not disagree or argue as we both have our beliefs and I have no desire to change yours and you (or anyone else) would be incapable of changing mine.

I did enjoy the discussion though.

BTW I do exist and so does my chair.

Your Buddhism will not fit into my Taoism and my Taoism will not fit into your Buddhism at this point or any point further.

I will not disagree or argue as we both have our beliefs and I have no desire to change yours and you (or anyone else) would be incapable of changing mine.

Bit Ram Dass and his cook book! "be here know",

Really fucked, now I think mum might go quite soon.

Pretty low here in Oxford.

Hey PB. Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. Almost didn't realise. I just happened to find your post in the non-duality thread.

Hey my thoughts are with you Patrick. I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. I wish there was something I could do, but if nothing else, know I'm thinking about you.

Aaron

According Robert Thurman, neither the you that you think you are, nor your chair exists:

As for Buddhism and Taoism,...in my opinion, the Priests of neither Path "gets it." Light however, illuminates both.

If you wish to expand your understanding of Tao, read this book:

http://www.archive.org/details/WalterRussellTheSecretOfLight

It was written by Christian, but will open an inquiry, through which we can converse, that could shift your direct awareness in ways that many would think impossible. If you could comprehend just 20%, it will be like standing in Laozi' sandals.

Look forward to the possibility of such a conversation.

V

Edited by Vmarco

Best wishes brother.

You and your mum are in my heart.

According Robert Thurman, neither the you that you think you are, nor your chair exists:

As for Buddhism and Taoism,...in my opinion, the Priests of neither Path "gets it." Light however, illuminates both.

If you wish to expand your understanding of Tao, read this book:

http://www.archive.org/details/WalterRussellTheSecretOfLight

It was written by Christian, but will open an inquiry, through which we can converse, that could shift your direct awareness in ways that many would think impossible. If you could comprehend just 20%, it will be like standing in Laozi' sandals.

V

Yeah that Walter Russell book totally makes sense to me -- he even has the Pythagorean Tetrad as the octave of creation. I completely agree that non-dualism is the eternal process of complementary opposite or asymmetric energy resonance -- so that which is "oneness" is the process of threeness. Ramana Maharshi called this the "three in one" relation. Also quantum time-frequency uncertainty is the same as the Pythagorean Tetrad or Taoist 2:3:4 as yin-yang energy. Only it should be understand that quantum physics is the opposite extreme of non-Western energy alchemy. So Western science relies on "containing" infinity using symmetric geometric technology whereas nondualism is based on open logic -- logical inference -- listening to the source of the one or the source of the I-thought.

The "What is Enlightenment?" Western white male guru nondualist scene is based on this misunderstanding of nondualism as a static oneness -- I made this error for years. I knew Ken Wilber was wrong before I did my intensive qigong training but it still took me several years to figure out that how deep the problem of complementary opposites was. For example in my masters thesis I made the error of equating logistic nonlinear chaotic equations with the Tai-Chi symbol -- since the symbol can be created from such equations. haha. Again the Taoist yin-yang energy is asymmetric while chaotic logistic equations rely on symmetric mathematics - just as the quantum infinite potential of the time-frequency uncertainty principle has to be converted back into symmetric math by the Poisson Bracket.

This does not mean science has not proven quantum physics for macrosystems as quantum biology and biophotons details - quantum physics does exist for large systems. There was a recent scientific american article on this... let's see if I can remember the author.... Anyway it's detailed in my book http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com -- I have tons on quantum biology and entanglement in macrosystems. The idea being that indeed the body is a liquid crystal of biophoton energy. Science uses photon detectors to measure this. But only meditation can actually resonate with this state as consciousness can not be made aware directly be technology. That's why Yan Xin qigong master called qigong the "highest technology of all technologies."

Vlatko somebody.... yep Vlatko Vedral on the details of macro quantum biology read full article here . I blogged on it http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2011/06/vedrals-new-living-in-quantum-world.html

V

Thanks, my friend, but I don't feel the need for a shift. Hehehe. I have 'enough' and I have found 'peace and contentment'. What more could a person ask for?

Of course, I don't believe Mr. Robert Thurman. Perhaps he really doesn't exist?

So here "I" sit in my "chair" listening to "ZZTop" music.

Oh, I am sure we will enter another discussion. I do, afterall, read your posts.

Take care.

The "What is Enlightenment?"

Swami Amar Jyoti in the article, "illusion of time, space, and ego" http://light-of-consciousness.org/ said:

"if you watch waves roll upon waves, that phenomenon is exactly what does not allow you to the water clearly. To truly see the water you have to be still and unattached, not seeing the waves. If you succeed in that, you are Enlightened."

Simply change water for light. When you cease seeing the waves (of light), you are Enlightened.

V

Thanks, my friend, but I don't feel the need for a shift. Hehehe. I have 'enough' and I have found 'peace and contentment'. What more could a person ask for?

Of course, I don't believe Mr. Robert Thurman. Perhaps he really doesn't exist?

So here "I" sit in my "chair" listening to "ZZTop" music.

Oh, I am sure we will enter another discussion. I do, afterall, read your posts.

Take care.

I saw ZZ Top in the spring of '72,...there were maybe 60 people at the outdoor venue,...ZZ Top was flawless!

What more could someone ask for? Naropa said, "By learning to recognize the transcendent Light during his lifetime, an adept may return to it without difficulty when the shock of death threatens to disorient him.'

"For the rest of my life I want to reflect on what light is". Albert Einstein

Marblehead said, "Let the good times roll!"

Yeah, ZZ Top. I got into them late for some reason. Never saw them but I do have a number of their recordings.

Edited by Marblehead

The very question itself, "what is non-duality" is a dualistic mechanism which suppresses an adequate answer.

OR

Non-duality is being without naming.

Or,...Non-Duality could be what the driver of the physical body pivots upon,...like being over the fulcrum of a playground seesaw,...in duality, but as a Tathagata, or one conscious of the simultaneous reverse flow of perceived forward moving things,...thus suppressing nothing.

V

I think the fulcrum of the (non-)dualism seesaw is more like a cone than a wedge, and a balancing act of multitudes over 2 directions.

Seesaws usually go up on one end and down on the other, this one does that, but spins and tips on both axes; it has "yin-yang" motion on all 3 dimensions, X, Y, and Z.

I think the fulcrum of the (non-)dualism seesaw is more like a cone than a wedge, and a balancing act of multitudes over 2 directions.

Seesaws usually go up on one end and down on the other, this one does that, but spins and tips on both axes; it has "yin-yang" motion on all 3 dimensions, X, Y, and Z.

Yes, I agree. Although I see Yang/Yin as two pairs of 90 degree angles,..the same as Divided Light. The seesaw is rather a weak analogy,...but one that was meant to be more about the fulcrum than the lever.

V

Swami Amar Jyoti in the article, "illusion of time, space, and ego" http://light-of-consciousness.org/ said:

"if you watch waves roll upon waves, that phenomenon is exactly what does not allow you to the water clearly. To truly see the water you have to be still and unattached, not seeing the waves. If you succeed in that, you are Enlightened."

Simply change water for light. When you cease seeing the waves (of light), you are Enlightened.

V

pure light is not enough, although it is a lot.