forestofsouls

Actual Manifestation Of Chi

And how much are you paying the actual person that will move your body?

If the price is right, i will ask my teacher.

you're talking about the h won stuff? those are conditioned responses..try it behind a curtain..

Spyrelx,

With all due respect I would like to point out that if you were really interested in finding someone who can roll you across the room, you'd take your $$$ and go find him. But to sit there and place a post on the internet... it is a poor choice in advertising venues, plus your offer of only $500... Maybe if you were the president of a country you could attract the person because they would see an opportunity for fame and fortune by aligning themselves with you but probably the best option for you is to go to China and find someone who will do it.

Your post is like a child calling on the devil in a hushed whisper and then being able to fall asleep when he fails to show up. B)

-P

• Thanks 1

but probably the best option for you is to go to China and find someone who will do it.

I know you're speaking figuratively, but isn't it funny we think this stuff is only in the deepest hushed places inside china.

There's a metaphor there somewhere, but i'm hungry and i have to eat.

;)

what does he mean by 'in spiritual life form is destiny. any depth of understanding of the human form must lead you to believe that the entire destiny of a human being is to awaken..'

Function follows structure. Human beings have the requisite structure (though largely latent in most) to unify self and universal.

Can you give me an example of the latter type of text? Just curious where you are coming from here.

Just a few quick examples, just to give the gist:

In this first examples, I cannot put in the Chinese as I don't have the font skills:

"In ancient Taoist sutras the primitive character [inserts charecter] is used to represent chi. If we disassemble this character, [part of character] the ancient character for [another character], meaning none. The [points under the character] has the same meaning as [another character], fire. In other words, chi [1st character], means no firel. What is meant by fire? Sexual desires, lust-filled affections and attractions, restless, bustling thoughts and a restless mind are all connoted by fire. In tghe absence of this rapidly burning and all consuming fire, one would be filled with vitality. In Chinese medicine, fire that is moving restlessly is called secondary fire, whereas fire in the correct position and proper condition is known as ruling fire. When one has ruling fire and is full of potential energy, the latent chi can then be induced."

Huai-Chin Nan, Tao & Longevity p.9

"Mencius, a philosopher regarded by Confucians as the Second Sage (Confucius being the First Sage), also provided invaluable exhortations on the practice and theory of Chi Kung:

'The will is the commander of chi. Chi is the totality of the body.'

Clear and direct though this statement may be, it still needs som explanation in order for the layman to appreciate Mencius' remarkable insight. In may be expanded as follows:

Our willpower can control the flow of energy. When we thing of a certai norgan or area of our body, energy will flow to that part. Energy is tghe basic ingredient of our whole body. All our organs, tissues, and cells as well as all our physiological functions and mental activities as the products of energy."

Wong Kiew Kit, The Art of Chi Kung, p.10-11.

"[speaking of the Tao Te Ching] [t]hese misunderstandings begin with the common misreading of the title's meaning: often interpreted as a Book of Virtue, the Book about the Way, or the Virtuous Way. They speak as if the text were merely a philosophy on moral philosophy. The true title conveys that this is abook about the Infinite Power outside, surrounding, and penetrating all things--- Tao, and the portion of that power that resides in each human being--- Te. The full title "Tao Te Ching" implies that the words inside will reveal how to connect Tao and Te, or that part of God within us to the greater whole of Infinity. To interpret the book as anything less, strips it of its real intent and removes its true potency."

Waysun Liao, Nine Nights with the Taoist Master, p.9

you're talking about the h won stuff? those are conditioned responses..try it behind a curtain..

If he adds a 0 to his offer, anything can be arranged.

But Plato is right- why bother waiting for someone to come in when you can go China and maybe find

Why China? Why not?

"What is meant by fire? Sexual desires, lust-filled affections and attractions, restless, bustling thoughts and a restless mind are all connoted by fire. In the absence of this rapidly burning and all consuming fire, one would be filled with vitality. In Chinese medicine, fire that is moving restlessly is called secondary fire, whereas fire in the correct position and proper condition is known as ruling fire. When one has ruling fire and is full of potential energy, the latent chi can then be induced."

Huai-Chin Nan, Tao & Longevity p.9

:o .. ;)

That nicely strikes along the lines of many conversations we've had, (said many times better than we've ever said).

Have you guys seen this video? It is a good demonstration of ability to control chi.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JYGqVA9xc4

His name is Lao Shi Gong.

Edited by portcraig

If he adds a 0 to his offer, anything can be arranged.

But Plato is right- why bother waiting for someone to come in when you can go China and maybe find

Why China? Why not?

Lou is an old master of David's and a good friend of his most current master, Sherfu J. This is just one master that David introduces to his students. I guess he doesn't take many students.

Best, Sean

Edited by seandenty

Lou is an old master of David's and a good friend of his most current master, Sherfu J. This is just one master that David introduces to his students. I guess he doesn't take many students.

Best, Sean

How can we meet this guy? I would make the trip. Is it possible?

Time to seriously learn some mandarin..

T

T

I'm actually looking for a mandarin teacher in NYC. You wanna start a group? It will bring the cost down.

T

Yes, it's possible this could be arranged. More information soon.

I'm actually looking for a mandarin teacher in NYC. You wanna start a group? It will bring the cost down.

I might..but I have a problem with committing to a schedule. I've seen ads in craigslist for pretty cheap 1:1 training where you meet the teacher at a starbucks. That sounded like a flexible way to get started, the rest I would just force myself to speak it since I work with alot of chinese..i'm also considering investing in an IPOD and downloading lessons on that..

T

Yes, it's possible this could be arranged. More information soon.

Very cool..i'm assuming it's mainland china? What city? I'm thinking of my dream itinerary...first stop, Hong Kong..then chen village, shaolin temple (for the coolness factor, i heard it's a tourist trap)..thailand on the way back..damn, maybe that's too much..hmmm i'm thinking a 10 day trip might be doable..what would be some cool places to see? and of course EAT..

T

Best, Sean

There is no question that David might be a much better alternative then Ht people in terms of authentisity. He is lucky to have such dedicated students that have full trust and faith in him and his teachings.

A few question:

-Why does he have so many teachers? Wouldn't it be better to focus on one path?

-Does the display of the superpowers mean the person is spiritually evolved?

-If one is in full control of his mind and sexual energy, why is there a need for sex?

Thanks.

There is no question that David might be a much better alternative then Ht people in terms of authentisity. He is lucky to have such dedicated students that have full trust and faith in him and his teachings.

A few question:

-Why does he have so many teachers? Wouldn't it be better to focus on one path?

-Does the display of the superpowers mean the person is spiritually evolved?

-If one is in full control of his mind and sexual energy, why is there a need for sex?

Thanks.

1. David has spent the last 15 years traveling in Asia and much of that researching as an anthropologist. He has met and studied with many masters, but always trained in withteh method that he feels is the best; the one he currently teaches. Several of his masters teach this method and it is also common to, I think, three of the major lines of the Dao, making it an ideal method.

The fact that David has trained many masters and received the blessing of these masters, who use their qi to greatly speed up the progress of the practice, has benifited his practice and understanding in many ways. While each master has something different to offer, David has commited himself to the Lei Shan Dao training that he is currently undergoing for the next two to three years. Meaning that Sherfu J is his primary master and the one who's method David personally trains in. The Dao is vast and there is much to learn.

2. Superpowers are simply a natural outcome of correct practice and, as such, they represent a much more profound internal transformation. As many of you have rightly stated, these powers are not the goal. They are however very specific indications of the level of internal development of "the body-mind" of a given individual.

3. If one is in full control of his mind and sexual energy, why is there a need for sex? Having sex is not part of the method of practice, but many people have sex for personal enjoyment; from what I've gathered, most of the masters have a pretty normal sex life. I guess I'm not sure what your asking here?

Best, Sean

• Thanks 1

3. If one is in full control of his mind and sexual energy, why is there a need for sex? Having sex is not part of the method of practice, but many people have sex for personal enjoyment; from what I've gathered, most of the masters have a pretty normal sex life. I guess I'm not sure what your asking here?

Best, Sean

I assume to a certain extent he is reffering to the question regarding the realm of desires. Some say that "if the qi is full, there is no 'need'/'wish' for sex"... and that if one is a master: does one then not still stay in the realm of desires which one must be thought of to have released from already?

just my thoughts

Harry

You might be intested in this post regarding opportunities to meet a master: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...1864&st=100

As to the sex question, I really couldn't spectulate, but I would invite you to consider that overcoming desire might not negate the possibility of enjoyment. The historical Buddha was a rather happy fellow and, even though, he didn't have a girl friend, many Buddhas do have girl friends and seem to rather like getting it on if the pictures painted of them hold any truth.

Thanks for taking the time to input those quotes forestofsouls, I really appreciate that. I'm still unsure how these quotes are supporting the idea that powers are a pre-requisite to enlightenment though.

I am genuinely interested in you, seandenty, anyone's thoughts on my main point of contention here. I think it's very possible that the cultivation of certain powers are only possible when someone has reached a degree of enlightenment. It makes sense that nature would have a kind of safeguard requiring wisdom to access power. But I do not think that these powers are necessary at all or even natural by-products of full awakening. I see them as a separate line of development that is more or less a choice to develop further, although I'm sure some powers do spontaneously emerge in cultivators.

In other words, going to school to become an exquisite chef is only possible if you have access to the finances to do so. But having access to the finances does not mean you will even go to school let alone become an exquisite chef. So it is not logical to assume that if someone cannot cook they do not have access to wealth. In this way I think it's very inaccurate to assume that all awakened teachers have the kind of powers being discussed here.

I want to say though, that this thread and the John Chang Video thread are fascinating and giving me a lot of food for thought. My previous comments may have come off too dismissive or harshly. I do think there is a value in cultivating powers. At the very least I think witnessing/co-creating events that show us without a doubt the reality that we are all just part of a larger pattern of energy must have a powerful effect on one's consciousness --- could turn many more people to the Tao and skyrocket the bhakti of those already on the path.

Sean

Thanks for the answers. But your energy speaks even better- no clarification needed. I hope more people like that come out and promote this type of training, although there is so much confusion about what the correct way to train and the methods used.

I wouldn't say your years practicing HT formulas gone to waist- they built up your energy and opened your eyes to new possibilities. The same thing happened to me as well.

Like Buddha was meditating using different methods for 17 years and one day upon looking at his reflection in a river he realized he did it all wrong. He went to a tree, sat down and within days became fully enlightened. Does it mean those 17 years were in vain? :)

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to input those quotes forestofsouls, I really appreciate that. I'm still unsure how these quotes are supporting the idea that powers are a pre-requisite to enlightenment though.

sean,

The quotes were in reference to this exchange from our earlier post regarding the Taoist "code":

ME:

The real Taoist classics were written in Chinese, which is a complex language, in a specific cultural context, with specific symbols. Many written texts (the Bible, the Buddhist sutras, the Tao te ching) throughout history are accompanied by an oral tradition that passes from a living mouth to a living ear. As books translated by Western academics, they generally become texts that espouse a practical quietism. As translated by practicing Taoists with access to the living tradition, they tell a far different story.

SEAN:

Can you give me an example of the latter type of text? Just curious where you are coming from here.

I wouldn't necessarily say that powers are a pre-requisite to enlightenment. Certainly having powers doesn't mean you're enlightened. The literature is full of warnings about powers, and the cultivation of power for its own sake, as traps along the way. Some people may become so fascinated with these sorts of powers that they may stray from the path.

I do have some material suggesting that these things WILL come about if you practice properly, perhaps this is a question for another thread.

• Like 1

I was perusing the John Chang thread recently, and it made me wonder: how many people out there have actually met some one who could provide a real, demonstrable manifestation of chi or chi-like phenomenon? I think that Mr. Denty is right: once you taste the real thing, there's no doubt whatsoever. Personally, I've met two. The most powerful was Master Waysun Liao.

When I met Master Liao, I wanted to "test" him. We've all seen those martial arts demonstrations where the so-called master demonstartes mystical techniques on people of their own choosing. I had this in mind and wanted to test ML. Much to my surprise, he ASKED me to test him. At one point, I had my body wedged between the floor and his arm trying to keep him from lowering it, all to no avail. But the real kicker is when he was demonstrating how chi should feel when one is practicing correctly. Make no mistake, this stuff is as far from imagination as the law of gravity.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar first-hand experiences, and if so, with who.

• Like 1