Taomeow

What are you watching on Youtube?

8 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I read that in the good old days they used to do it with a real sword, so only those that were really prepared took the challenge.

Now that's more like it! :D 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 8:08 PM, OldSaint said:

Its the Godan (5th Dan) test for Bujinkan (Ninjutsu) they need to sense the killing intent of the sifu and instantly get out of the way or they fail. I believe they get 1 try. 

Never saw it before, but it's described in Glenn Morris's book (Pathnotes of a..)  He went through the test himself.  Supposedly in earlier days, it was performed with a live blade not a bokken!  But things were always tougher back then, weren't they. 

addon> whoops someone beat me to this factoid.

• Like 3

Sorry, I like explosions, when I was around ten or eleven living in Argentina I used to make small bombs - XL firecrackers  :)

Speaking of watching things.  Just saw Spiderman Homecoming.  Very good.  I liked Wonderwoman better, both great summer time flicks.  Both presented a more humanistic side in the superhero genre.  Ie thoughtful, non-macho side of heroics.  Kinda sad they need a woman and a teenager to bring that out.  

In a different vein, Baby Driver, was surprisingly sophisticated and well plotted for an action/driving thriller. 

• Like 1

This looks like fun. Love the Wudang stuff, Tai Yi is awesome plus I know these guys in the videos Now for something completely different enjoy a little Iron Crotch

• Like 1

I know that's Shaolin hence my completely different comment. I am from the Wudang taoist kung fu academy next to purple heaven palace on Mt Wudang.

My first teacher at 17 was Grandmaster Poi Chan 33 rd generation Shaolin.

My post was confusing I practice Wudang Tai yi.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OldSaint said:

Intense, deep shit. 

I thought it was rather stupid giving up your weapon.  The woman had it right, men rarely listen.