thelerner

30 minute 30 day mentorships

If people are interested in teaching or learning a new skill post soon before December comes. It'd be nice to see some new 30 Day mentoring hookups. There are some talented people here, take advantage, share a passion, learn a new skill, make a friend.

• Like 1

New month, New Year coming. Here is your chance to get involved with another member to learn to teach.

If you have an practice you'd like to share with someone for a 30 days, then post here.

Anything you'd like to learn and think there's a member here who can help you then ask.

I encourage other people to post here and say 'I'm open for a mentorship, I'm interested in X' or 'I know Y, is anyone interested in me sharing it with you?' Or drop the X's and Y's and just say your open to learning or teaching.

I envision the sharing to be done through back and forth emails with feedback. It may be better to learn a small specific skill then try to bite off to much.

• Like 1

I want to learn to be a better teacher

I need to learn how to diminish my pride, while retaining confidence.

In exchange I have a technique for making the usual cleansing breath very potent, I can safely teach this one now.

• Like 1

I can help anyone that wants to learn Taiji and Bagua Zhang or I direct you to other Sifu's that can teach you properly.

• Like 1

I have been doing this for years. email correspondence with various cultivators. First time actually displaying it publicly though.

I do like the idea that "The Learner", Michael, has, so in respect to him and his compassion in opening such a forum, here I go

:D

***I wont take on this project for only one month. Once you start with me, I am made available any time. Consider my doors open till I am done with this lifetime.

i will generally post the categories of practice, and then who ever feels a connection, just pm me a question (email me: [email protected]) a specific thing you wish to practice, and I will be more than happy to offer anything I can. Just know that somethings have specific requirements, and I will not teach the method if those requirements honestly can not be kept. Unless I am given the ok by the bearers of the method...hahahahahahahahaha

Buddhist Educational Cultivation: Sutras, Chan, Pure Land, Mantras, 42 hands and Eyes (But have a requirement, as a safeguard :P ) Visualizations, Dream Practices, Ghost/Spirit/Demon subduing (this will require lots of specific responsibilities, so if one is really ready for that, be my guest, but don't feel frustrated if the requirements are too much to handle. There is a reason for such things :P ), Rebirth in Pure Land methods for helping living beings move on, and or transferring merit and virtue to assist them in their lives. Standing, sitting, lying and walking practices (In the exact ideas of QIgong, except not too focused on the progression but the application of mind. Oh, and very much needing the body. )

Daoist Spiritual Practices: Standing, sitting, lying, and walking practices. Meditation, "Energy Work" (just a coined term, nothing new-agey) Qigong practices (just ask what you seek, and I will conjure up the teachings :P )

"Shen-Gong" (not spirit or ghost, or demonic, or even godly possession) This means that one will be given practices which enable them to go deeper into their mind, utilizing movement and stillness of body and mind practices, focused on learning from wholesome sources, and awakening to their inherent wisdom. These wholesome sources are either Dharma-Protectors, Wholesome and Pure Minded Immortals, Gods, Bodhisattva and or Buddhas (which would be very hardcore high level stuff). You would not be possessed by anything, only guided in mind according to what you can understand, and conceive of that is possible. And NO, you will not be walking on water, flying or burning things with your mind, energy or whatnots...hahahaha (God knows I have been asked that question millions of times. Hey, if you end up learning how to do it, hahaha be my guest.)

various practices in both Buddhist and Daoist schools (for I don't see their difference :) ) : This means practices both in "sealing" a room, or expanse of land, for protection from various ghosts, spirits and demons, clearing a space, recognizing ghost, spirit and demonic influences in and around oneself; or in others. How to clear away such "negative" influences, utilizing the character 佛 for sealing, and clearing.

Also in the above categories, methods on healing utlizing Qigong methods for both you and on the sick and dying. Basically a method of Hands on Healing, not Reiki, not the new-agey fluffy stuff either. Just simple practices to get one started in this manner of lifestyle, and practice.

I know it seems a lot, but its not. I just feel that going into detail may not only clear up the ideas of what I do, but also help those who are interested, get an idea of what they may be looking for.

Who knows what else I have in my bag 'o tricks here. :D

Peace and Blessings!

Enjoy!

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 7

New Lunar Year started and I'm interested in learning anything that will help me cultivate Virtue and access perfect buddhahood (celestial immortality, whatever). Tips on digging a cave in the mountains will also come handy (although it's not no. 1 priority at the moment). In exchange I offer a sandal with a label that reads "Was worn by First Chinese Patriarch" (not in bad condition at all, probably the original sandal, but restored by Reebok) and can carry water and chop wood.

This is not what 30 Day Mentorship is for but here's what I'm doing: This month I'm working on the Archaeous series of exercises from Rawn Clark's abardoncompanion.com site. Its a series of 9 lessons. I'm no expert, matter of fact I usually only get through level 4 or 5 of his programs before they get a bit too much for me. Still, I think its very worthwhile.

If anyone else is interested in spending a month going through some of it, we can share our experiences in the Hermetic Section. Like most things on Rawn's site, it is free. http://bardon.dnsalias.net/Archaeous-Links.html

These are inspired by Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics, but are also a unique practice. I find them to be a way to delve deeply into another system of Element theory. A system to intimately understand our body and inner working.

Here is a piece from Rawn Clark about it:

Archaeous defines three "bodies" which correspond to three "realms": Mental, Astral, and Physical. The healing effects of the Archaeous are achieved through the conscious manipulation of these three bodies, and most especially, through their integration. 

At every step in the Archaeous, one works in conscious cooperation with the pathways of influence and power which Nature herself provides. The technique mimics one of Nature's most essential processes: Integration + Separation + Re-integration . . . the rhythm of life itself. To this fundamental equation, is added the practitioner's own magical will, along with the focus of healing.

Lessons one, two and three, are concerned with the complete awareness of each body and their integration with each of the others. Lesson one with the complete awareness, relaxation and integration of the physical body; lesson two with the complete awareness of the astral body and its conscious integration with the physical body; and, lesson three with the complete awareness of the mental body and its conscious integration with the astral and physical bodies.

Lessons four and five are concerned with the passive separation of these bodies, one from the other, and with their subsequent re-integration.

During the period of separation, each body naturally achieves a degree of rest unknown to it by any other means. The archaeous takes full advantage of this healing by-product of their restful solitude.

Lesson Six is concerned with the purification and balancing of each solitary body and the subsequent re-integration of these balanced bodies. This is achieved through the loading of each body with the four Elements in their appropriate regions.

The final lesson, seven, is concerned with a higher form of integration -- that of integrated self-expression through your consciously unified and Elementally balanced physical-astral-mental body. 

The archaeous is designed to be pursued in conjunction with the work of Initiation Into Hermetics. Lessons one, two and three, which are focused upon integration, are suitable at any of Bardon's Steps. 

Lessons four and five however, which are focused upon separation, should only be pursued after the completion of Step Two and the attainment of the rudimentary Elemental Equilibrium.

Lesson six, which pertains to manipulation of the Four Elements, should only be pursued after good progress has been achieved with Step Four and the work of accumulating the Elements. 

And finally, lesson seven should not be undertaken until the work of Step Six is begun.

I would love to see how others have been progressing since this thread started. I know that my practices offered are a bit intense, and have certain "requirements". Especially since I don't promote the gaining of powers and such..though those things will come with consistency in practice, etc. There are many ways to "skin" a cat...the only way to experience the deeper "things" is to really stick to one method.

Anywho...wish to hear any progress from anyone.

peace,

Lin

Anyone got a good one for healing emotional traumas?

When I feel overwhelmed by something I'll listen to a guided meditation by Master Chen, his Wu Dang Emotional Peace audio. He's got a very relaxing vibe and old wise man accent :).

I like his Morning and Evening 30 minute meditations too. His site is: http://wudangtao.org/

• Like 1

Anyone got a good one for healing emotional traumas?

Before falling asleep

"My dreams heal and balance and nourish my body mind and spirit

by releasing and resolving and dissolving and healing traumas from past lives and this present life."

• Like 3

When I feel overwhelmed by something I'll listen to a guided meditation by Master Chen, his Wu Dang Emotional Peace audio. He's got a very relaxing vibe and old wise man accent :).

I like his Morning and Evening 30 minute meditations too. His site is: http://wudangtao.org/

Thank you :)

Before falling asleep

"My dreams heal and balance and nourish my body mind and spirit

by releasing and resolving and dissolving and healing traumas from past lives and this present life."

Thank you too :)

Hey guys,

I'm open to be mentored if there is anyone who would like to take on a student. As I've mentioned on the intro forum, I'm not yet familiar with any of these practices and it would be interesting to talk with someone who can open my eyes to what is achievable.

Even if you don't want to take on a long term commitment it would be interesting for me to chat with someone who knows what they're talking about to get me started.

Peace,

Esquire

Does this make sense? I'm imagining one month mentorships, where for a month one person gives another a practice that should take 10 to 30 minutes. There would be short daily feedback for advice and encouragement.

Many people here have practices they find invaluable and are amazed few do them. They run the gamut from Zhan Zang to Mantras. I'm envisioning this as focused on a single practice. It should be taken seriously, done daily, with short emails to each other regularly.

The practice could be simple or complex, its the feedback and dedication that will make it special.

Tomorrow's a new month. Not too late to offer lessons or ask for mentorship in a discipline.

edit> We've had 2 set up this month.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I think this section is an awesome idea! When I have more free time, I'd definitely be tempted to ask for help learning the iching ;).

I want to learn more about TCM Theory. How the acupuncture points connect/interact and the systems/organs/channels work together.

I want to understand the system from a healer/ clinical viewpoint.

The thing I am having difficulty is in understanding how to understand a persons unique pattern of imbalance and then how you would piece a healing plan together using the acupuncture points.

Learning to penetrate the deeper knowledge of TCM Theory.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you!

Peace

• Like 2

I think this section is an awesome idea! When I have more free time, I'd definitely be tempted to ask for help learning the iching ;).

Stigweard who doesn't post here much lately was quite an expert on the IChing. Anyone else? And who'd be interested in sharing there knowledge and method with BaugaKicksAss

I want to learn more about TCM Theory. How the acupuncture points connect/interact and the systems/organs/channels work together.

I want to understand the system from a healer/ clinical viewpoint.

The thing I am having difficulty is in understanding how to understand a persons unique pattern of imbalance and then how you would piece a healing plan together using the acupuncture points.

Learning to penetrate the deeper knowledge of TCM Theory.

I hope that makes sense. Thank you!

Peace

Would someone with experience in TCM like to start correspondence with Uroboros?

When we teach, we learn. Especially things like TCM, where you can recommend a favorite book and then go through it together. Same thing with IChing. If there's a book that special to you, they can get it and you can review together.

Definitely pick up a copy of the yellow emperor's classic of medicine

Thanks! I have Maoshing Ni's translation. It is very interesting and helpful. Im finding it hard to learn from, though.

Turtle Shell has given me some fantastic information, helping me find some direction.

Thank you, Turtle Shell!

No problem! _/\_

I'm not trained in TCM, but just shared some stuff like the importance of diagnosis, the theory of using the mother/child points and yuan source points, focusing on treating yin organ deficiencies first based on diagnostic findings...and checking out the books: "Ling Shu" (which is actually the second book of the Yellow Emperor's Classic and reveals a lot of rare info), "A Manual of Acupuncture" (less expensive when bought as an app), and "Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis Study Guide".

I'd also love to hear what trained acupuncturists have to say for people who are learning on their own!

edit: the only issue I've found with the Diagnosis Study Guide which could be confusing and which is incomplete, is that the meridian positions in the radial pulse are not at all typical. The authors state that this is just one opinion of what the pulses represent, but don't give any other examples. So if anyone gets that book, be aware that there are other versions of the positions that probably work better with acupuncture.

For instance, a version that seems good to me...

Left (deep/superficial, distal position first then proceeding to proximal):

heart/small intestine
liver/gall bladder
kidney/bladder

Right:
lung/large intestine
spleen/stomach
pericardium or mingmen/triple burner

edit: I also recommend "Applied Channel Theory in Chinese Medicine" for a book to get. That's where you'll get really clear ideas of how and why to choose different points! It's pretty comprehensive.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 3

There are plenty of acupuncture videos out there, are there any you recommend? I mean for the knowledge not to actually go and grab a box of needles and try on your neighbor ;).

• Like 1

Not getting to much action here so I'm expanding the scope to include 30 Day Yin Yan Self Improvement Promise.

30 Day Yin Yan Self Improvement Promise: You make a 30 day commitment to subtract a habit and start a habit to fill the void left by the subtraction. The habit should be a specific easily measured thing. Example: I will not eat blank (wheat/sugar/fries) and I will have a blank each day (juice/salad/green smoothie/sasquatch) (subtraction).

Here's mine- I will not watch TV in November. Instead when I feel the urge I will- meditate/exercise/walk.

This shouldn't be too hard. Good to start out easy. Next month diet. No vegetable starches, potatoes, corn. Positive Have a green or colorful low sugar smoothie every day. Third month maybe something harder no baked grain ie grain/cake. Positive eat good salad and soup each day.

The idea is to grow- gain some discipline and develop the 'will power' muscle. The hope is this becomes a consistent practice. Subtracting something bad, gaining something healthful. Yin/Yan, bringing life into a better balance.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5