thelerner

30 minute 30 day mentorships

I am interested in learning rare and special things...if you want to share something like that PM me!

I think its better to be a little more specific.

Yeah I wish I knew what I was asking for.

For instance, the shamanism/bat thing you shared in chat the other night was really interesting and rare AFAIK. I wouldn't have known to ask about that, due to how rare it is. So...I'm open to learning whatever!

I could teach someone a method of meditation I learned through dreaming. It would be very interesting for me, since I've never taught it to anyone. I've been practicing it in regular intervals and when my energy is low. For the past five years or so.

It is preferable to be able to sit in lotus, but half lotus also works. Some basic knowledge of acupuncture-points could be useful also, but isn't necessary.

So... I'm open to teaching whoever wants to try it out. The dream laid no restrictions on who I could teach it to, only that it can not be practiced for personal profit.

What I notice from practicing it is that I become healthy, intuitive and energetic. Along with other things.

• Like 1

I could teach someone a method of meditation I learned through dreaming.

I am interested in learning this from you, if you are still into teaching. I guess i should PM you. I'll do that now.

• Like 1

hello, starting in March, I am interested in learning about Traditional Chinese medicine.

So interested in learning about Yin/Yang, Qi, Five Elements, Meridians, Herbs. Essentially a condensed version of what is taught in the first year of TCM curriculum.

I have been practicing Qigong for about a year, what is missing is a theoretical foundation. So anything you can teach me to strengthen my practice is much appreciated. Thanks.

I have been practicing Qigong for about a year, what is missing is a theoretical foundation. So anything you can teach me to strengthen my practice is much appreciated. Thanks.

so I am pleased to say snowmonki has volunteered to mentor me for month of March!

Given his broad background and depth of knowledge, I couldn't have asked for a better teacher.

• Like 4

I should say that I have been learning a wonderful meditation from UTI for the last 3 weeks.

Its a keeper.

Thank you UTI!

• Like 1

Learnt Kuji-in from anamatva, which has really given a completely new depth to my understanding of meditation and virtue, greatly thankful! I'm going to keep doing it on an as-daily-as-possible basis.

You're awesome, anamatva :)

-uti

• Like 1

thank you so much UTI! kuji-in has done so much to heal me and improve my life too, i feel blessed to be able to share it.

I have been practicing the dreaming meditation that UTI taught, and it is a really awesome one! It has opened me up to new dimensions of practice and to healing allies and new kinds of light. Completely great. Thanks and blessings UTI!! you are also awesome!

Now i am also totally inspired to regain the lucid dreaming ground that i lost when i picked up the cannabis! I keep putting it off, but i am going to do it! Thanks for the practice, for the inspiration, and thanks to thelerner for starting this thread too

• Like 1

So I'm a beginner and this really interests me. I need help with pretty much everything to say the lest. Mostly meditation, I am not so much into sitting still these days, every time I try to meditate I feel more anxious.

What should I do to jump aboard?

So I'm a beginner and this really interests me. I need help with pretty much everything to say the lest. Mostly meditation, I am not so much into sitting still these days, every time I try to meditate I feel more anxious.

Please put breathing into consideration in your meditation. If your don't do any breathing exercise, then it makes no difference as you were just sitting down and daydreaming. Indeed, breathing exercise will help you to refresh and heal your body and mind. If you have any illness in your body, it will be healed. If not, your body will be more refreshing. If you breathe, then you will have something to be concentrated on instead of having a random mind causing you to feel more anxious.

Please keep in mind, breathing is the main criteria of Chi Kung. Most people do not have this concept in mind. I am not making this up in thin air but from my own cultural experience and empirical practice. To go into a deeper understanding, doing abdominal breathing is a more precise description about Chi Kung. I am doing abdominal breathing by the minute; and I haven't got sick for years. I have tremendous muscle strengths and fast reflexes to react and anticipate any adverse situations like falling off balance and catching objects before falling off the table.

• Like 3

Not sure if you're still around, but if you are I'd suggest getting into meditation by means of guided meditation. They're training wheels, but sometimes thats what a person needs to get up and running. I'd suggest starting out with Anna Wise's work from her Higher Performance Mind set. It's a very good series because Wise has a foot in the scientific world as well as working with high level mystics. Once you begin to have a foundation there are Taoist guided meditations, shamanic, series you could explore.

Ultimately you need to sit in emptiness, but meditation series like these give the mind something to chew as the body learns to open and relax.

If you're interested, PM me.

Sincerely,

Michael

so I am pleased to say snowmonki has volunteered to mentor me for month of March!

Given his broad background and depth of knowledge, I couldn't have asked for a better teacher.

I finished my mentoring with @snowmonki. It started in March and flowed into the first week of April. He has also made himself available for any further questions and clarifications.

With about a year of Qigong, my original intention was to help me further my practice. and @snowmonki sure did do just that.

He patiently answered my endless questions, did a in-depth review of the various components of my practice. PHYSICAL-QIGONG-MEDITATION. I am very sensitive, so @snowmonki taught me some unique cooling grounding practices to remedy the problems I was having with my practice. I find that he is extermely intuitive and has a way of chanalling just the right information. I couldn't have asked for a better mentor! Thanks very much indeed @snowmonki.

also thank you Michael(aka thelerner) for coming up with the idea of 30 min 30 day mentorships. I am surprized that more bums don't take advantage of it, there are certainly some unique and interesting methods and teachers in our forum. but you do have to ask :)

Edited by humbleone
  • Like 4

Michael, thank you for bringing such an innovative idea to the bums, it has been of great value to members from the quality of the comments I have read here.

I would like to participate and after much thought as to what I could do I decided that I might be of some help by offering my skills in 'inner work'.

If anyone is interested in exploring their inner community a la Jung and his archetypes and Bradshaw and his inner children, than please drop me a line. You are free to ask what skills I have in this field too before you decide.

• Like 2

A new month is coming. It's spring, a time for growth. We can end this coming month a little better, apprenticed to some new skill.

So, tell people what you're interested in learning. Or what you'd like to share, if you have a fair amount of expertise. Smaller bite sized skills are better and more realistic then grandiose ones. Most of us are not experienced teachers, this is more about sharing then traditional teaching. Be diligent, but take things with a grain of salt.

Personally I've been undisciplined, lazy & slothful lately. I can't think of anything in particular I want to learn right now, but I do need to stay on schedule and feel the best way to do that is a 'back to basics' approach. One of my next door neighbors does a joint life coaching where they talk twice a week, discuss what they've planned and whether they're accomplishing it. Its mostly motivational with feedback and encouragement.

I'd be interested in setting something like that up. Laying out goals and schedules then checking them off. Sadly, it seems like I need the additional pressure, to keep my butt in gear. I've created too comfortable a life. That's my mundane wish.

We have people with esoteric practices of great benefit. To teach is to learn. I hope to see some connections made for the coming month here. As a community, few things are as beneficial as being involved with someone else one to one on a regular basis.

• Like 3

if someone wants to come play some baguazhang i feel it is best to share in person.

Where are you located?

I wanted to send a shout out to Templetao for sharing his elemental fire practice with me. I was impressed with the power, depth and practicality of it. Thank you very much.

Michael

• Like 2

Your Welcome Im glad you like ill make a more in depth Air manual. Im also going to redo all of the element manuals. They will include much more info.

• Like 4

What if we mislead you?

Then We are a nasty idiot. The 30 day mentorship is about sharing with another a skill that you've honed for several years. In reality a teacher, and we have a few here, are paid to teach. We are.. amateurs.. in some cases amazingly talented ones who've worked long and hard in an area most don't know exists.

Good judgement, common sense and perhaps reality checks are required for both parties. If you can gain one insight, begin to learn one aspect of a new practice, made a friend of a fellow traveler on the esoteric path then you've both succeeded.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to go over the meditative breathwork particulars I've been working on, feel free to send me a PM :)

• Like 4