cmpunk50

Do you use precious gems for meditation or opening chakras?

Gemstones:

ON TOPIC... glare.gif

My menial understanding of gemstones are as follows:

Garnite is a blood purifyer and good for thyroid function, so i would imagine that it aides the throat chakras.

Jet, Onyx, and (i forget the other black-type stone) are physical protection and defense, each with it's own specifics, but i cant remember specifics tongue.gif

Opal is good for third eye activity and clairvoyance.

That purple one, i forget, feburary's birthstone, is great for clairvoyance and psychic perceptions, and as such i would imagine great for the third eye.

Sapphire and... er... Green... uh... feck glare.gif are a little confused between the two... one is good for forming and understainding your own thoughts and presenting them, the other for more outward speech and external clairity.

Agates and crystals are amplifyers of other stones' passive enhancements, and Diamonds are the mother of all amplifyers.

Witch, get some rubies, cuz they enhance the sex drive laugh.gif

Chakras:

Okay so i have even less understanding of chakras, but enough to say:

They spin, throb, breathe, 'grow' (open), and 'shrink' (close). They are "made" of light and energy with corresponding colors which you can meditate & focus on to accent their functions.

I've recently heard there's a communal, brown, earth chakra below our feet, a knee chakra, and 2 chakras above the head, the spirit/soul, and the communal universe chakras.

There are others i am a little more familiar with, from hte bottom up:

Root/cajones/bottom

eehh i forget by reference, but is around the belly button

the solar plexus, mid/lower chest

Heart/center chest

Throat/thyroid/neck

Third Eye/pineal gland/center of forehead between the eyes

And Crown/top of head

I barely know what im talking about here laugh.gif

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

Back off-topic, but thought it worth throwing my 2cents/pence in, as I can speak from personal experience, or rather an experience. Happened to me soon after registering on tao bums, and posted a mini essay about it at the time, since deleted. :ph34r: .

I wasn't sure if I even believed in the chakra system at the time, until it happened, but I can say that Chakras very definitely do spin (at least mind did), if they spin fast enough you can hear them whirring like a propellor! Looking down at them, (at least the heart & solar plexus), they go clockwise. My clockwise would also be your clockwise (maybe they also go t'other way).

And pretty colours too!

I don't often post, and rarely 'facts' (see my sig-line), but this, I do know!

Peace

x

Seems like I'm being more offensive then helpful to Imformer

:blink: okay, clearly I'm doing it wrong. None of mine have ever shown the slightest inclination to spin. My fourth throbs and ejaculates, my sixth throbs and grips, and my seventh, hmmm, like a very peaceful overflow of sticky syrup dripping down my head with a funny smell like pot roast.

:blink:

oooooookay...

Since no one wants to play my game, here's the answer

Chakras can spin how ever the hell they want. In our bodies there are billions even of small vortexes of random energy and can be easily changed created moved or interpreted by whoever is looking at them. AND THAT'S WHY OUR BODIES LOOK LIKE GIANT BLOBS OF UNEARTHLY GOO :lol: .

Oh wait, they don't. Long long time ago 7 of the strongest chakras were distinguished from other random little ones. They are so powerful that they are basically keeping our bodies together. As we grow, these chakras are like support blocks/beams for a house, the house can look as random as ever but has to stand on these beams.

So we have to use this energy to grow

from smallest

DNA_icon_silv-256x.png

to biggest

276-image.jpg

gave two hints actually but dna completely gives it away so depending from where you look at

counter; clockwise; counter; clockwise; counter; clockwise; counter

• Like 2

"but what do I know "

But what you do know. Personal experience is better than "blind speculation".

Exactamundo. That's why I posted to this thread.

• Like 1

Damn.

I knew I was reading that Ayahuasca interview book for some reason:-) - nah, I'm just cherrypicking :-)

Righto. Stones are not part of my personal experience much - although I guess Obsidian has been. Anyway it might be interesting for someone so I'll talk about it. The interest being that one's relationship with anything (be it stones, or plants, or other people, or animals, or corporations) is never a one-way street.

yeah i use gemstones for meditation. i carry them in a pouch around my neck too.

i put stones on my girlfriends back and then give her a deep accupressure rub on her feet and she says its like nothing else, they really stimulate the flow of energy

what were you wondering specifically?

I mention lapis lazuli, as I've heard that it can open/clear/unblock/spin/throb the third eye. Just wanted to see if anyone else used this method, or if they complemented this with meditation.

I mention lapis lazuli, as I've heard that it can open/clear/unblock/spin/throb the third eye. Just wanted to see if anyone else used this method, or if they complemented this with meditation.

hahaha :D i think it will help but there is no substitute for meditation. stones will not do the work for you (or they would be more popular).

Well they won't do it for you but they might help you in a few ways.

If you focus on the way they feel (if they're on you) and their texture and weight and temperature and then if you hook in to their symbolism either "by the book" or freeform. I'm pretty sure they could help some folks further than looking at the tip of their nose.

Obsidian is used in hot stone massage and they really draw you out:-) IME.

People use supports of all kinds during meditation. How about that cushion and that incense and those robes and gestures? :-)

Well they won't do it for you but they might help you in a few ways.

If you focus on the way they feel (if they're on you) and their texture and weight and temperature and then if you hook in to their symbolism either "by the book" or freeform. I'm pretty sure they could help some folks further than looking at the tip of their nose.

Obsidian is used in hot stone massage and they really draw you out:-) IME.

People use supports of all kinds during meditation. How about that cushion and that incense and those robes and gestures? :-)

youre right k. stones are very powerful and helpful, and well worth building a relationship with. What you are saying is true, but you are still saying that these supports support meditation. I am saying that too. Lapis will resonate with the 3rd eye, but trying to activate or open that chakra with just lapis will take longer i think than meditating on it.

So, @ cmpunk50, if you use lapis, use it in conjunction with meditation... like find a nice lapis you like and sit with it in front of you and meditate.

the mudra for 3rd eye is thumbs touching at tips, pointers touching at tips, other fingers outstretched. So that helps too.

the pineal gland is actually a light sensitive organ, filled with rods, cones, and receptors of that sort. it looks upwards, and can swivel in all directions but can not look down past 90 degrees. Maybe it is for inner visions ??? or maybe for celestial energies. Nobody is really sure that i have read.

Most people when they talk about opening the third eye, they want to see with the spirit, to get clues about people or be able to see energies. Exercising the 3rd eye center helps this, but practicing by gazing is sometimes better than trying to "open" the 3rd eye. Practicing seeing with the spirit is the best way to build the ability to see with the spirit. So gaze at clouds and trees and animals, just don't focus directly with your eyes, but try to realize that we see with our minds and spirits. Let this perception take hold. Things will breathe or talk to you and you'll have all kinds of great experiences just sitting in the park letting your focus go. hahaha free entertainment, AND you build your 3rd eye. bonus! That, plus sitting, plus lapis lazuli, and you'll be knowing all kinds of nutty stuff just by looking soon enough :D :D :D good luck to you

• Like 2

Wow I use gemstones a lot, as in I usually always carry them with me. Today I forgot to do so and felt a HUGE difference!

• Like 1

I plunk them in the bathwater, makes for what feels like bathing inside of a giant gemstone ;).

Yep, lapis is good for psychism.

Amethyst is more the 3rd eye opener I think.

• Like 2

The gemstone necklaces are arguably way overpriced but there's a lot of interesting information over at http://www.gemisphere.com I can't speak to whether what they say about the energy of the various stones is true or not but people into this kind of thing might find it worth taking a look.

Edited by liminal_luke

you dont need to use a crutch when you break a leg. it just helps.

Emerald is good for recognitive abilities and eloquence, sapphire is good for memory and analysis, moss agate helps bind you to the earth and connect with nature, garnet is a blood purifier and helps aide the sex drive, Ruby is much like garnet, but much more sex-drive oriented, onyx has good defensive properties and can assist in mending bones- although i could have this mistaken with jet or obsidian. they are all 3 very similar.

Amathyst is good for clarity of perception- be it clairvoyance or clairaudience- it is good for aiding clear-percieving.

Diamond is the mother of all gems- an amp. Quartz and most clear crystals are amplifiers... but speakers that "go to 11" use diamonds to "go to 121". :lol:

If you have gems tht you need "more out of them" couple them with a small diamond. the differences will be palpable.

Forget the fancy gemstones, just go down to the beach or river, and seek out stones which draw you/speak to you. Pick some up. Ask each one what they are best at, and also ask what they can help you in particular with. Sometimes the stones will yell PUT ME BACK, but usually they are pretty friendly overall. Or alternatively you can go out rockhounding (or beach pebble collecting) with a particular goal in mind, looking for stones to help you with memory for example. Then you pick up a few which feel like they would help with that, then you ask them to make sure.

Well OK so I've been known to have a bowl of raw rubies sitting around as well, but I still think going with the natural ones in y our own area most definitely has many benefits ;). If you want to get all technical about it, you can look up granite, jade, quartz, agate and whatever ones are in your area. I think this would only limit how you work with them though.

• Like 2

Forget the fancy gemstones, just go down to the beach or river, and seek out stones which draw you/speak to you. Pick some up. Ask each one what they are best at, and also ask what they can help you in particular with. Sometimes the stones will yell PUT ME BACK, but usually they are pretty friendly overall. Or alternatively you can go out rockhounding (or beach pebble collecting) with a particular goal in mind, looking for stones to help you with memory for example. Then you pick up a few which feel like they would help with that, then you ask them to make sure.

Well OK so I've been known to have a bowl of raw rubies sitting around as well, but I still think going with the natural ones in y our own area most definitely has many benefits ;). If you want to get all technical about it, you can look up granite, jade, quartz, agate and whatever ones are in your area. I think this would only limit how you work with them though.

youre right k. stones are very powerful and helpful, and well worth building a relationship with. What you are saying is true, but you are still saying that these supports support meditation. I am saying that too. Lapis will resonate with the 3rd eye, but trying to activate or open that chakra with just lapis will take longer i think than meditating on it.

So, @ cmpunk50, if you use lapis, use it in conjunction with meditation... like find a nice lapis you like and sit with it in front of you and meditate.

the mudra for 3rd eye is thumbs touching at tips, pointers touching at tips, other fingers outstretched. So that helps too.

the pineal gland is actually a light sensitive organ, filled with rods, cones, and receptors of that sort. it looks upwards, and can swivel in all directions but can not look down past 90 degrees. Maybe it is for inner visions ??? or maybe for celestial energies. Nobody is really sure that i have read.

Most people when they talk about opening the third eye, they want to see with the spirit, to get clues about people or be able to see energies. Exercising the 3rd eye center helps this, but practicing by gazing is sometimes better than trying to "open" the 3rd eye. Practicing seeing with the spirit is the best way to build the ability to see with the spirit. So gaze at clouds and trees and animals, just don't focus directly with your eyes, but try to realize that we see with our minds and spirits. Let this perception take hold. Things will breathe or talk to you and you'll have all kinds of great experiences just sitting in the park letting your focus go. hahaha free entertainment, AND you build your 3rd eye. bonus! That, plus sitting, plus lapis lazuli, and you'll be knowing all kinds of nutty stuff just by looking soon enough biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif good luck to you

Bagua and Konchog thanks for these posts. I found them very useful. Especially the part about seeing with mind and spirit. Also Bagua i might just go to the beach. Thanks for sharing.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1