mewtwo

what god do you worship?

And I am not aware of any aliens either.

Don't you count dolphins and whales as highly intelligent aliens? I do :lol:

We could learn a thing or ten thousand from them.

Edited by Everything

Don't you count dolphins and whales as highly intelligent aliens? I do :lol:

We could learn a thing or ten thousand from them.

Hehehe. No, they were here before we were. We are the aliens.

Yes, we could learn from them. There are people who are trying to understand them better though so perhaps ...

man i am very psychic today this is the seond time i new what someone was going to say on a forum. anyways um i think of the stuatue any statue as worshiping the god within only an external form. they are all the same just different maninfestations of him or her or it.

To be honest, I'm a lunatic when it comes to worship or praying.

I imagine some spaceship out in space like star trek and them watching me on their computers. Then I say, "If you get this message, please bla bla..."

I just pray for the placebo effect, and I'm actually crazy enough to fall for my own crap. Sometimes it works :lol:

I also have my rituals, like a comedic act to catch the attention of these aliens. I'll do something out of the ordinary like drawing an imaginary Flower of Life pattern and then kneel in front of me doing the initiation for knights ritual and finishing that with a christian prayer. Any divine math always gets the job done in convincing my self that I have caught the attention of these almighty aliens that I worship.

It is like the art of deception, but then applied on thy self. :D

Edited by Everything

Perhaps nearly every culture lacks internal security? Perhaps nearly every culture wants a scape goat to blame things on? Perhaps nearly every culture refuses to take responsibility for what they do?

This is a view derived from a Judeo-Christian outlook that God or gods are there for security or to be blamed for something. If you study other cultures (including religious Taoism!) you will find the view of god(s) is very different. They are powers like forces of nature or aspects of consciousness ... however you like to put it ... with which you can enter a reciprocal relationship. Worshiping in this context means simply remembering the truth that they embody and applying it somehow to your own life.

Worship is continual remembrance ... can't remember who said that but it's correct.

I simply don't pretend to. (BTW, I never said there are no gods, I simply don't worship any)

how true! i was curious as to whether you thought the whole phenomenon of gods was placebo. some people think that humans create divinity as a coping mechanism for the parts of reality that we don't understand yet.

If we are allowed to speculate I would say that the Ancient Aliens Theory is just as good of an explanation as a god. Even more so that we all have seen UFO's either on TV or in Real Life, how many gods have you seen on TV or in real life?

yeah thats an interesting take on it all. The sumerians even went so far as to tie the two directly together, according to one Zecharia Zitchin, who relates the mythology of the annunaki in his series. I don't suppose to know either, i just thought you were saying that all phenomenon of deity nature was essentially placebo, or happens because we believe it to happen, and i was really interested in that.

i have never seen the god realms, or remembered an abduction, so i dont claim to have the firsthand infos. But i do think that the idea that every culture independant of each other observed some kind of higher power is very telling as to our place in the omniverse. I believe that something is out there, if not a whole hell of a lot of things, more potent and robustly energized than the lot of us humans :). Thats about all i can say tho before it gets kinda nebulous on account of ignorance.

I worship light and sun/stars.

Is there perhaps a sun god or something similar?

nearly every culture on earth has deified the sun as a living entity.

the greeks observed helios as incarnate spirit of light.

Worship is a big word though i feel strong connection towards guanyin/chenrezig :)

Have great affinity with vajrayogini and kali :)

I dont worship and dont think sun is god, but I really do love sun so much since I was a child. Since always.

It is a special connection.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I dont worship and dont think sun is god, but I really do love sun so much since I was a child. Since always.

It is a special connection.

Exactly! If not the sun then the stars, right? :huh:

how true! i was curious as to whether you thought the whole phenomenon of gods was placebo. some people think that humans create divinity as a coping mechanism for the parts of reality that we don't understand yet.

yeah thats an interesting take on it all. The sumerians even went so far as to tie the two directly together, according to one Zecharia Zitchin, who relates the mythology of the annunaki in his series. I don't suppose to know either, i just thought you were saying that all phenomenon of deity nature was essentially placebo, or happens because we believe it to happen, and i was really interested in that.

i have never seen the god realms, or remembered an abduction, so i dont claim to have the firsthand infos. But i do think that the idea that every culture independant of each other observed some kind of higher power is very telling as to our place in the omniverse. I believe that something is out there, if not a whole hell of a lot of things, more potent and robustly energized than the lot of us humans :). Thats about all i can say tho before it gets kinda nebulous on account of ignorance.

Ah, yes I could see how it could be taken that way. I meant that from my experience of having prayed verse not praying I didn't notice any difference. I used to think that the prayers to god were part of what was helping me, but after I tried the same processes and succeded without praying I chalked the phenomena to a placebo.

Ah, yes I could see how it could be taken that way. I meant that from my experience of having prayed verse not praying I didn't notice any difference. I used to think that the prayers to god were part of what was helping me, but after I tried the same processes and succeded without praying I chalked the phenomena to a placebo.

(Just from my experience)

If someone told me there is a god or is not a god, I wouldn't deny either one and say it is false, because really I don't know.

Edited by Informer

its probably different for everyone

although there has been research that i heard about on coast to coast am, which showed a significant difference in healing times between people that were prayed for, vs people who weren't

so maybe it is just the focusing of positive energies in the aethers, or maybe it is placebo, or maybe deities exist that hear prayers and respond, but something is going on i think!

sorry i can't cite a reference for that study, but i swear i heard george noory report that! :D

English can be a poor language to discuss religion. There are few words for god, and most of them are mixed up with authority/king figures. Judaism has lots of words for G-d. Its lost in English translations but each word has specific and subtle meanings. In English prayers often come off as groveling, but in my opinion, true prayer is lost in the translation.

We're not buttering up a diety when we call him great, powerful, etc. what we're attempting to do is have the concept of utter almost unimaginable greatness in our mind. Its similar to many Eastern meditation where you try to put your mind onto the furthest reaches of the universe. That kind of thing. Each word is to throw you into a specific state of mind. Short prayers like the Shema aren't a declaration, but rather a meditative device to open ones mind.

In the mystical sense, which I find to be the truest religionwise, we're not trying to worship G-d, as much as connect with him. Judaism gets away from the old white bearded god dude relatively quickly. While its filled with strange old cultural baggage, the concept of G-d (IMO) is an Infinity beyond time and space that we are inside of and made up of.

Infinite, yet intimate, we are part of G-d. Good prayer and worship of any kind should fill us up with an aspect of G-d.

• Like 1

English can be a poor language to discuss religion. There are few words for god, and most of them are mixed up with authority/king figures. Judaism has lots of words for G-d. Its lost in English translations but each word has specific and subtle meanings. In English prayers often come off as groveling, but in my opinion, true prayer is lost in the translation.

We're not buttering up a diety when we call him great, powerful, etc. what we're attempting to do is have the concept of utter almost unimaginable greatness in our mind. Its similar to many Eastern meditation where you try to put your mind onto the furthest reaches of the universe. That kind of thing. Each word is to throw you into a specific state of mind. Short prayers like the Shema aren't a declaration, but rather a meditative device to open ones mind.

In the mystical sense, which I find to be the truest religionwise, we're not trying to worship G-d, as much as connect with him. Judaism gets away from the old white bearded god dude relatively quickly. While its filled with strange old cultural baggage, the concept of G-d (IMO) is an Infinity beyond time and space that we are inside of and made up of.

Infinite, yet intimate, we are part of G-d. Good prayer and worship of any kind should fill us up with an aspect of G-d.

Excellent! *****

Pretty much says it as it is .... +1 :D