witch

something's up?

You know, I think this whole Mayan thing is dubious. Why the Mayans? Seems obscure. And most of the descendants of the Mayans don't seem to be too worked up about it.

I almost get the feeling that something was going to be up anyhow in 2012, and so a hunt was made for a mythology that fit the date, to give people a reassuring feeling of foreknowledge. In other words, I get more of a feeling that something was deliberately planned, and we didn't find out about the plans until less than a decade ago, and then they squashed the Mayan calendar to fit what was going to happen anyhow.

My two cents! :lol: I think the 2012 thing has more to do with UFO disclosure than anything else, because the number of sightings and serious people talking about past evidence is definitely on the uptick. When the FBI releases the smoking gun memo on Roswell, that's a heads up right there.

Not that this month's thing has anything to do with 2012. I'm not sure what is happening this month.

Edited by witch

Hehehe. I was beginning to have hope in your skepticism but then you throw some saucers at me!

You still got the crutch, you just put it under a different arm!

Three cheers for imagination! Yea! Yea! Yea!

I don't know what's up but I do think that if lots of people think something's up then something will be up.

The more you think it's so, the more you think it's so. Stockmarket, anyone?

I reckon this disclosure thing is a semi-messianic attempt to get folks united in some way. It would be interesting to find out what "stuff" has been hidden from people but that's just curiosity on my part. I'd rather we got on with not messing up our ecosystem quite so much. Did I also mention reducing poverty and armed warfare? Of course if "disclosure" brings about cool things like free and clean energy (y' know, the stuff used to power the saucers) I'm in...

• Like 1

I think it's something happening this month. I can't remember a dark moon this heavy--just have to make it through the next twenty minutes. :wacko: I'll check the astrological transits.

Before I reply, what do you mean by "this heavy" ?

Didn't Terrence McKenna also find some connection between the Mayan calendar and the I-Ching? I'm almost certain I read that somewhere. The reference escapes me for now.

he devised a calendar, inspired by the i ching, which measured the occurances of paradigm-changing novelties (invention of language, civilization, money etc) and found the occurance of such novelty to be happening on an exponential curve. in other words, so there were thousands of years between the domestication of grains and animals and the widespread development of the city-state, for example, but now there is 30 years between the invention of the personal computer and the advent of the internet. at any rate he plotted these novelties on a timeline and found that the curve went vertical in late 2012.

the story of the development of that calendar, which he calls timewave zero, is detailed in his book "invisible landscapes".

You know, I think this whole Mayan thing is dubious. Why the Mayans? Seems obscure. And most of the descendants of the Mayans don't seem to be too worked up about it.

mayan hype is dubious. mayan calendar science speaks for itself.

I almost get the feeling that something was going to be up anyhow in 2012, and so a hunt was made for a mythology that fit the date, to give people a reassuring feeling of foreknowledge. In other words, I get more of a feeling that something was deliberately planned, and we didn't find out about the plans until less than a decade ago, and then they squashed the Mayan calendar to fit what was going to happen anyhow.

the mayans make more reference to 2012 in their stele than to any other date. that was 3000 years ago so their calculations weren't changed to fit the hype. the hype is based on their calculations.

My two cents! :lol: I think the 2012 thing has more to do with UFO disclosure than anything else, because the number of sightings and serious people talking about past evidence is definitely on the uptick. When the FBI releases the smoking gun memo on Roswell, that's a heads up right there.

Not that this month's thing has anything to do with 2012. I'm not sure what is happening this month.

well the mayan tribes claim that their ancestors were cosmic maya, who came to this galaxy through sagittarius b (the black whole at the center of the milky way) and imparted their knowledge of temporal time and sacred time to them.

i am not qualified to speak for the mayans but if anyone wonders what They are actually saying about their calendar and 2012, go to that site (http://www.shiftoftheages.com) and see for yourself. they built pyramids that left-brained cultures are still trying to figure out, devised the most accurate calendar known to man, and left a map of sacred time that has been kept for thousands of years by various tribes and peoples. why the mayans? i dunno, i guess someone's gotta be right

Edited by anamatva

That sounds similar to Ray Kurzweil's Singularity.

As for being specific, what about a complicated math problem in a dream written on a heavy scroll? Any better? Kind of Book of Revelationy, except without the four horsemen part and all the other depressing stuff. More like Christmas.

No, not like Christmas--no bows, snow or leftover wrapping paper. No Santa.

Um...not high school graduation either, kind of the opposite of that.

A wedding--that's it. It's like a wedding--worrying about all the ceremony and the reception and will the flowers get delivered and I don't want to flub my lines and let's hope Uncle Charlie doesn't get drunk and pick a fight and lots of dress up. Formality.

No feeling of honeymoon after, not a vacation. Hard work, but fun work after, like a baby.

:o:o

U got the graphic of the graph? I wanna see. :)

Here's the graph:

Any questions?

Never mind. It didn't work.

Edited by Marblehead

That sounds similar to Ray Kurzweil's Singularity.

kurzweil has a narrower focus (development of external technologies alone), less mathematical basis for his calculations, and a different target date (2040 i think). mckenna took into account internal technologies like language, and had less speculation and more math behind his predictions.

i like kurzweil, and i am hopeful for AI. the age of spiritual machines is an awesome book.

And let us not forget that the Mayan civilization destroyed itself. For me that doesn't say a whole lot.

they predicted it beforehand though. :)

everything rises and falls

besides, those ruins were just found abandoned, they never found bones enough to indicate that the mayans all died in war. maybe they foresaw the coming of the spaniards and vibrated themselves back to wherever they came from. sounds ludicrous, but my point is that nobody really knows what happened to the maya, so infinite speculation is possible.

:o:o

U got the graphic of the graph? I wanna see. :)

couldnt dig one up in a minute or less but if you look you might find it. this from wikipedia

Timewave zero and the I Ching

"Timewave zero" is a numerological formula that purports to calculate the ebb and flow of "novelty", defined as increase over time in the universe's interconnectedness, or organized complexity.[70] According to Terence McKenna the universe has a teleological attractor at the end of time that increases interconnectedness, eventually reaching a singularity of infinite complexity in 2012, at which point anything and everything imaginable will occur simultaneously. He conceived this idea over several years in the early to mid-1970s while using psilocybin mushrooms and DMT.[70]

McKenna expressed "novelty" in a computer program which purportedly produces a waveform known as "timewave zero" or the "timewave". Based on McKenna's interpretation of the King Wen sequence of the I Ching,[41] the graph appears to show great periods of novelty corresponding with major shifts in humanity's biological and sociocultural evolution. He believed that the events of any given time are recursively related to the events of other times, and chose the atomic bombing of Hiroshima as the basis for calculating his end date of November 2012. When he later discovered this date's proximity to the end of the 13th b'ak'tun of the Maya calendar, he revised his hypothesis so that the two dates matched.[71]

The first edition of The Invisible Landscape refers to 2012 (but no specific day during the year) only twice. It was only in 1983, with the publication of Sharer's revised table of date correlations in the 4th edition of Morley's The Ancient Maya, that each became convinced that December 21, 2012, had significant meaning. McKenna subsequently included this specific date throughout the second edition of The Invisible Landscape, published in 1993.

Ahh, my Tarot card have revealed an overturning of the conventional ruling order shifting towards an yin-type of revolution, perhaps the rise of some female changing the social consciousness. (maybe like Oprah or a Aung San Suu Kyi)

• Like 1

well i woulda responded to torus' post , if it hadnt been edit/deleted before i logged on tongue.gif

Mh, "Impossible" hmmm, there is nothing that is impossibleclosedeyes.gif

i liked post #21 by steve, way to go steve

R_V "U got the graphic of the graph? I wanna see. smile.gif "

i have seen the graphic graph. the date on the graph that almost corresponds to how

low it drops 12-21-2012 is in the yeard 499 ce. (rome officially fell to the barbarians)

"My solution: don't get married. wink.gif "

i am with ya on that one, sistersmile.gif

Mh(again) "And let us not forget that the Mayan civilization destroyed itself"

nope they did not, they vanished, there is a difference.

anamatva "everything rises and falls" yup sin' cosin'

"they predicted it beforehand though. smile.gif " very astute of them, right?cool.gif

witch " because the number of sightings and serious people talking about past evidence is definitely on the uptick."

i am hoping serious people can lighten up and not take themselves too seriously.

all thru-out history is evidence of sightings/visits. it is is carved into ancient rock petroglyphs,

painted onto renaisance art, almost every single native american tribe has stories of star ancesors,

it is just these obscure mayans were a little closer aligned to them, is all.

i have a friend who was stationed at wright pat from 59-78.......well that is best saved for another thread.

edit> party timelaugh.gif

Edited by zerostao

they predicted it beforehand though. :)

everything rises and falls

besides, those ruins were just found abandoned, they never found bones enough to indicate that the mayans all died in war. maybe they foresaw the coming of the spaniards and vibrated themselves back to wherever they came from. sounds ludicrous, but my point is that nobody really knows what happened to the maya, so infinite speculation is possible.

Yes. I agree. Insufficient data.

Yep. Everything that goes up will come back down unless it escapes gravity.

well i woulda responded to torus' post , if it hadnt been edit/deleted before i logged on tongue.gif

Mh, "Impossible" hmmm, there is nothing that is impossibleclosedeyes.gif

I beg your pardon! Hehehe.

Can you transform physically into an ant? I suggest that this would be impossible. Sure, you can imagine you are an ant although I have no idea why you would want to do that. Maybe a butterfly?

Mh(again) "And let us not forget that the Mayan civilization destroyed itself"

nope they did not, they vanished, there is a difference.

Different words, same results. They no longer exist as a civilization. Those who survived have become part of a different civilization.

Poof!!! As if by magic, they vanished.

Edited by Marblehead

I beg your pardon! Hehehe.

Can you transform physically into an ant? I suggest that this would be impossible. Sure, you can imagine you are an ant although I have no idea why you would want to do that. Maybe a butterfly?

i thought hindu and buddhist did that sorta thing?! smile.gif

a butterfly can dream they are zerostaocool.gif

however i will concede somethings may be "highly unlikely"

i thought hindu and buddhist did that sorta thing?! smile.gif

a butterfly can dream they are zerostaocool.gif

however i will concede somethings may be "highly unlikely"

Hehehe about the Buddhists and Hindu. (Does two Hindu = Hindi?)

Now, if you had said that today's impossible may tomorrow be possible I wouldn't have said anything because I have argued that concept.

Dang, maybe it's a just me thing after all. I've lost most of my taste for meat. For someone as carnivorous as me, that's really weird.

Wonder how Drew is doing?

True, ET's have been around since people have been around, but they haven't been publicly accepted as a scientific fact since scientific facts have been in vogue. Would be an interesting change.

LOL

Well, I have been chasing after tail pretty steadily, I've been preoccupied.

I can't decide whether something weird really is happening this month or whether it's just a freaky transit. Eris is transiting my Jupiter/Neptune quincunx and making a yod, so basically every 45-year-old in the world is probably freaking out right now.

But my gut is telling me it's more than a transit. I suppose time will tell! I will follow up at next new moon to see if I have egg on my face or not. :D At any rate, it feels like a good thing, good things are coming, but MAJOR CHANGE.

Stevie Nicks...

"So I'm back to the velvet underground

Back to the floor that I love

To a room with some lace and paper flowers

Back to the gypsy...that i was...to the gypsy...that i was..."

Personally I'm back to old school Van Halen digging deep to reclaim my youth!

Missed you, missed you on Dr. Oz.

Longing for the September full moon,

Rob

cf619926_o.jpg