Desert Eagle

Cure for masturbation addiction

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced some or all of the symptoms?

2. 2. Did you overindulge and regret it? Did it seriously affect your outlook and life style choices?

3. 3. Did you previously try other measures of stopping but were not fully successful? What do you think of the clove oil method?

• Yes successful
    • Yes not successful
    • No
    • Clove method great
    • good
    • ok
    • not so good
    • bad
    • unnecessary

This is a prime example of "too much good stuff" when the good stuff is derrived from something so terrible :lol:

K so now i am kind of grossed out, bye.

I am glad that you found me helpful.

i don't think one should even focus on thoughts of sex itself.

as soon as thoughts of a woman enter your mind, you should automatically imagine that woman as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl

that really helps

:blink::huh:

:(

• Like 2

as soon as thoughts of a woman enter your mind, you should automatically imagine that woman as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl

that really helps

Seriously though, you know what really helps?

Thinking of her as a person rather than a sex object.

That will kill your masturbation boner hella fast.

The point is, there is a way to protect your own energy while at the same time being able to relate to others in an emotionally healthy way. So instead of alienating the rest of humanity during your cultivation, you can actually grow closer to them as you're growing spiritually.

Then again, maybe that's just my mind trying to trick myself into keeping attachments. :mellow:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

that really helps

@ witch: I really second that :huh::blink::(

@tulku:

1. looks like you don't know the pleasure of licking the woman you love's anus when you are making love. If you did, you'd know that this antidote doesn't work at all.

2.The skeleton antidote doesn't concern anyone here: it's for people who decide to be monks. In our trouble time,we tend to have a very confused view about spiritual life and think erroneously that everyone can virtually follow every path. But it's not true. Visuddhimagga and other similar texts are training manuals for monks. A very very few people are called to this kind of life. Others are simply deluding themselves thinking it is for them and some teachers who need to earn money teach them in workshops. Real monks don't waste their time over the net posting in forums.

3. We are here in a bums community, it means that most of us and especially those who are spending a lot of time here are dreaming their path instead of practicing for real. When you have a life, with a job, a family and a formal meditation practice when time permits, you're not showing off here. You give your precious time to your formal practice and stay humble.

edited for spelling

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

Once you stop semen ejaculation via masturbation or sex, the body will repair itself.

Are you using any methods to transform or use the sexual energy?

May I ask how long have you practiced sexual abstinence?

Edited by little

at least until your third eye is opened

Seriously though, you know what really helps?

The point is, there is a way to protect your own energy while at the same time being able to relate to others in an emotionally healthy way. So instead of alienating the rest of humanity during your cultivation, you can actually grow closer to them as you're growing spiritually.

Then again, maybe that's just my mind trying to trick myself into keeping attachments. :mellow:

This is why I say think of a woman as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl.

For those men/women with addictions to men, you can think of a man as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl as well.

I don't see how I am alienating the rest of humanity by imaging women as skeletons defecating in the toilet bowls.

This is the true nature of humans isn't it? We are skeletons and we do defecate?

If anything, I am honoring the true nature of humanity instead by visualizing the most truthful aspects of men/women.

Edited by tulku

@ witch: I really second that :huh::blink::(

@tulku:

1. looks like you don't know the pleasure of licking the woman you love's anus when you are making love. If you did, you'd know that this antidote doesn't work at all.

2.The skeleton antidote doesn't concern anyone here: it's for people who decide to be monks. In our trouble time,we tend to have a very confused view about spiritual life and think erroneously that everyone can virtually follow every path. But it's not true. Visuddhimagga and other similar texts are training manuals for monks. A very very few people are called to this kind of life. Others are simply deluding themselves thinking it is for them and some teachers who need to earn money teach them in workshops. Real monks don't waste their time over the net posting in forums.

3. We are here in a bums community, it means that most of us and especially those who are spending a lot of time here are dreaming their path instead of practicing for real. When you have a life, with a job, a family and a formal meditation practice when time permits, you're not showing off here. You give your precious time to your formal practice and stay humble.

edited for spelling

Who are you to define what is a real monk and what isn't a real monk?

Who are you to define what type of life the masses should lead or shouldn't lead?

You say that everyone should find it pleasurable to lick anuses.

Well I say that anuses are disgusting things and only disgusting people would lick anuses.

If you have the right to propagate the "happiness and fun" of humans leading lives like animals, then I have the right to disseminate the wisdom and intelligence of humans leading lives of morally and spiritually upright immortals and buddhas.

You have the right to talk about the way of the animal.

I have the right to talk about the way of the immortal.

You have the right to call the immortal path unrealistic and crazy.

I have the right to call the animal path animalistic and degrading.

As long as both of us do not hurl personal insults at each other and only criticize our respective teachings, I don't see why either of us shouldn't post our views on each other's paths.

Have I ever stopped anyone from discussing deviant sexual practices on TTB by complaining to the Mods?

Of course not as that would be very fundamentalist of me.

So why should anyone prevent me from talking about the path of immortality?

Are you a marriage and sex fundamentalist?

Post #33, matey!

Edited by tulku

Are you using any methods to transform or use the sexual energy?

May I ask how long have you practiced sexual abstinence?

Raw Foods!

Tulku,

Just a courtesy tip:

When replying to a post, no need to consistently quote the entire replied-to post. It makes scrolling through the thread needlessly long. Delete all but the parts of quote you really want to emphasize by reply.

- Trunk

p.s.

Here's what I was talking about re: the kneeling exercise.

When replying to a post, no need to consistently quote the entire replied-to post. Delete all but the parts of quote you really want to emphasize by reply.

Trunk, I will try my best but it would be very hard when I disagree with every sentence of theirs.

Besides i don't really have the time to choose and delete. I am very busy with my own life outside TTB too.

Cheers

@tulku

If you eat,breathe,urinate,defecate then you (sorry to see that you have so much hard time to recognize and accept it) belong to the animal species.In case you have not fully realized it: you have an anus that is directly connected to your mouth by your digestive system. I can see no reason to despise your anus. You can of course take care of germs and bacteria but it is a whole different attitude than finding it disgusting.

I don't advocate following animal behavior. I am just saying that there is a huge delusion is trying to be what you are not. You are free from what you know and have integrated not from what you are trying to run away from: your animal nature will follow you until your death as a human being so you can be better off knowing this aspect of your life. Sexual instinct is one of the most powerful energy in nature because it relates to Life itself. Unless you have specific qualifications, you may just fooling yourself with all this. It is leading some day or another to frustration and disillusion.

I am no one to define what the monk is: Buddha did it better, but you can look in all traditions: it is quite the same and it is definitely not for everyone if you look honestly. At least the skeleton meditations were designed for specific people living in a specific context. If you have a TV, a DSL connexion, a fridge, a couch, live in a urban area chances are that you are not concerned by them and that you use them at your own risk.

Your freedom and right to pour on this forum the mix of all what you think one should do in order to reach enlightenment is total.

But if I were you, before doing that I would first take care on my own practice and first and foremost : find a real teacher not a youtube one, not a hallucinotary one. This only may take you some time. If you are really serious about your spiritual life and if you like meditating on skeleton, join the Forest tradition of the Theravada, if you don't and choose to go on with your current attitude, you are just dreaming a path you will never undertake. Posting on web forums like you do is so clearly a way to escape from real life challenges and real commitments to any spiritual life. If you can't bring spiritual life into your animal life, what will you have to enlighten?

I know you won't hear me. I am no one but I have lived long enough to see people caught in their dream of realization.Leading a spiritual life requires full time practice and commitment. The more you talk the less you do, the more you are browsing the web, reading books etc.. the less you practice and confront the real demons of your life (tip: your anus or anyone's anus is really innocent here and so are the women you like so much in their skeleton dress).

take care.

edited for putting words in bold

Edited by bubbles

@tulku

If you eat,breathe,urinate,defecate then you (sorry to see that you have so much hard time to recognize and accept it) belong to the animal species.In case you have not fully realized it: you have an anus that is directly connected to your mouth by your digestive system. I can see no reason to despise your anus. You can of course take care of germs and bacteria but it is a whole different attitude than finding it disgusting.

I don't advocate following animal behavior. I am just saying that there is a huge delusion is trying to be what you are not. You are free from what you know and have integrated not from what you are trying to run away from: your animal nature will follow you until your death as a human being so you can be better off knowing this aspect of your life. Sexual instinct is one of the most powerful energy in nature because it relates to Life itself. Unless you have specific qualifications, you may just fooling yourself with all this. It is leading some day or another to frustration and disillusion.

I am no one to define what the monk is: Buddha did it better, but you can look in all traditions: it is quite the same and it is definitely not for everyone if you look honestly. At least the skeleton meditations were designed for specific people living in a specific context. If you have a TV, a DSL connexion, a fridge, a couch, live in a urban area chances are that you are not concerned by them and that you use them at your own risk.

Your freedom and right to pour on this forum the mix of all what you think one should do in order to reach enlightenment is total.

But if I were you, before doing that I would first take care on my own practice and first and foremost : find a real teacher not a youtube one, not a hallucinotary one. This only may take you some time. If you are really serious about your spiritual life and if you like meditating on skeleton, join the Forest tradition of the Theravada, if you don't and choose to go on with your current attitude, you are just dreaming a path you will never undertake. Posting on web forums like you do is so clearly a way to escape from real life challenges and real commitments to any spiritual life. If you can't bring spiritual life into your animal life, what will you have to enlighten?

I know you won't hear me. I am no one but I have lived long enough to see people caught in their dream of realization.Leading a spiritual life requires full time practice and commitment. The more you talk the less you do, the more you are browsing the web, reading books etc.. the less you practice and confront the real demons of your life (tip: your anus or anyone's anus is really innocent here and so are the women you like so much in their skeleton dress).

take care.

edited for putting words in bold

Humans are basically biological animals with the potential to become Gods. We are biological animals, true, but we also possess spiritual higher dimensional instincts as well as the lower animal sexual instincts.

Having an animal biology is separate from possessing lower animal sexual instincts.

A human can only transform himself into a spiritual higher dimensional being aka enlightened immortal by destroying/transcending his lower animal sexual instincts. You even said yourself we should not follow animal behavior.

Having a TV, DSL connection, fridge, couch, an urban address have nothing to do with being spiritual or not. You can be living in the mountains with no couch, no fridge, no TV and no DSL connections and just be trapped by your lower animal sexual instincts as those living in the cities. For eg if you are living in a mountain cabin with a woman.

Doing all these skeleton meditations have nothing to do with your personal identity. A monk can do all these skeleton meditations as well as a hotshot lawyer working in NYC.

Are you gonna say that city people have no right doing all these skeleton meditations? What would the rationale for this be then? Are you saying that city people must engage in lustful practices and thoughts or they would be punished?

I can go about meditating on skeletons in the wilderness as well as in the cities. In fact, it is much easier to do skeleton meditations in the cities as you have see more people everyday.

Who says one has to join the forest tradition to become a cultivator? Who says one needs a teacher to cultivate? Who died and make you the president of this planet?

To start walking on the long road to Enlightenment, all you need to do is to read this thread and then meditate at least 6 hours on curbing lust everyday. Sooner or later, a higher dimensional being would visit you in your dreams or while awake if the gods have not put the appropriate human teacher in your path by then.

Who are you to decide what my responsibilities and commitments are? Who died and made you a god for you to decide what my life is? Are you an angel? Are you a buddha? Who are you to decide what my life is or should be?

Btw, I am slowly but surely making headway on my spiritual progress. Everyday, my lust gets smaller and my meditation sessions becomes longer and deeper. Dreaming about a path I will never undertake? Are you kidding me? I am talking about a path which I am walking on with every single moment, every breadth and every thought matey. I get enlightened by completely replacing my animal life with a spiritual one.

Posting my thoughts is a great way of summarizing all the info from books and insights which have come to me during my spiritual work. If you do not like my words, you can always block me.

Trunk, I can't choose and delete. Flat out impossible. I am treating all his words as one complete essence.

Edited by tulku

Posting on web forums like you do is so clearly a way to escape from real life challenges and real commitments to any spiritual life.

B,

I can't stress this enough.

Nobody, not the government, not the corporations, not the media, not the whole world, not even my family and parents and even any spiritual teachers have the right to determine what my challenges and commitments are.

Least of all, a nobody stranger like you, bubbles.

Only I, Tulku, get to decide what Tulku's life, challenges and commitments are. No one else. Except for the Creator that is.

Trunk, for this post, I can choose and delete because it is short and I want to emphasize something which I felt about so strongly in my heart that I have to say it twice.

Edited by tulku

I am glad for you,tulku, that everything is perfect in the spiritual world you have created for youself and by yourself and where no one can join you, even yourself. Your strong emotional reactions testify that you are not as advanced as you claim to be. Sorry boy.

Beware of not getting trapped into symptoms that are listed in the DSM IV. :(

take care please.

Edited by bubbles

If anything, I am honoring the true nature of humanity instead by visualizing the most truthful aspects of men/women.

By that logic, are you not equally honoring them when you are sexually aroused by them?

2. Diet. Do not over eat, and do not go to bed while full. I have found it best to eat the last meal of the day around 5pm or so. Also in the tradition I am learning, it is thought best to follow a simple vegetarian diet, with no spice, garlic, onion, scallion, chives, and cilantro.

It is an investment of time.

So it takes a strong and steady will power.

Constant and steady daily practice over a period of time.

Persevere.

This would be the best advice of all. Starve yourself if necessary. I am currently on a juice and soymilk fast ready to move upwards into a water fast anytime anywhere.

The fire ain't got nothing to burn when there's no fuel.

:o

well, soymilk is very effective for decreasing testosterone, but really your body does need nutrients. Don't do that for too long. You may want to consider adding a green powder drink of some kind to your fast.

:o

well, soymilk is very effective for decreasing testosterone, but really your body does need nutrients. Don't do that for too long. You may want to consider adding a green powder drink of some kind to your fast.

It sounds contradictory, but for a male, having more testosterone (and maybe for females too, I don't know) and healthy outlets for sublimating it (working out, Pranayama, Meditation, Martial Arts, Yantra Yoga, etc.), is much more conducive to sexual purity than having lower testosterone.

For us males, depression often accompanies lower testosterone, and with that depression comes more morbid, torpid, etc. thoughts; and unhealthy thought is much more damaging to chastity than the sexual energy itself (in fact the sexual energy itself IS chastity).

Thought and sexual energy are intimately related, yet having more sexual energy to sublimate and transmute through healthy outlets is much more conducive to chastity than having low testosterone.

I could explain this much better, I know. Nonetheless, this being a Taoist forum, what I'm getting at here should be quite clear for most forum members.

(See also the Sacred-Sex link in my previous post).

Sarva Mangalam

Edited by Shen Chi Jing
  • Like 2