Non

real dan-tien

Hi zerostao! Been enjoying the summer. How about you?

The weather has been on the cool side, has it been for you as well?

Edited by Dagon

Either you're selling something or you're going to recommend someone who is selling something, otherwise it makes no sense that you would post all of that and then not include the most important thing, the technique itself. Perplexing.

Or he's bound by lineage oath not to disseminate such information, or has legitimate personal reasons for not divulging such. Not everyone is 'out to get your money'.

Edited by fizix

Or he's bound by lineage oath not to disseminate such information, or has legitimate personal reasons for not divulging such. Not everyone is 'out to get your money'.

That being said, then what is the point of posting about it at all if he already has no intention of explaining it, assuming he doesn't. Arrogance? Teasing?

It's like walking on stage in a hall, seats full of students, to announce that you have a book that will teach them what they need to know in 1/10th of the time, then end the speech at that and walk out. lol.. Sorry, i don't care what it is, money, lineages, oaths... It's pointless to even start a conversation about technique without actually talking about the technique.

I don't see why that is so difficult to see through.

Hey guys, in fact there is a technique which will get it done in x minutes and its really easy. Ok bye, now.

Is it really only me that finds that irritating and hilarious lol?

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2

ok. I don't get much affect focusing on just underneath the belly button 2-3 inches down 3-3 inches inside.

So I'm thinking what if the location of the true dan-tien has been hidden?

I was thinking ok maybe I can focus on the whole lower jiao and all it's extensions.

But more specifically there are 4 points I'd like to consider as being very important as perhaps even extending to the dan-tien.

The testicles, the hips (not waist) ie where the bladder is, where many people hang their pants at.. not where they sag below the buttocks but then again thatcould be another area altogether, the belly button, and the colon area... especially where you feel the peristaltic action, or feeling when you need to uh... defecate. There is a distinct feeling there and i've thought sometimes that may be where the source of kundalini is.. and that perhaps one of the reasons why kundalini has been so hard to awaken is because people in general hold a lot of discomfort (at least the one's not so sexually successful) around things having to do with the anus and the restroom stuff.

Base chakra?

I was definitely thinking the testicles though too. I always feel when doing a horse stance like a cauldron of energy between my legs underneath my perineum like my genitals hanging really low and a pumping sort of action there.

Also the mingmen area. It is funny that also kundalini might be the same as the mingmen in taoism.

So yea...

Lot of weird talk I know..

Just wanted to share my thoughts to see if anyone resonated with it.

Non,

Everyone has a center but the field itself has to be created. You will receive a lot of opinions on this - I see you already have. In our system, the teacher helps the student create the field then the student goes home and works at increasing the density, strength, and vibration of the field. Some other systems depend on long term try; may or may not happen. No system works without the practice.

Either you're selling something or you're going to recommend someone who is selling something, otherwise it makes no sense that you would post all of that and then not include the most important thing, the technique itself. Perplexing.

Just because I do not reply within 24 hours means I'm trying to sell something? There are more important things than sitting in front a computer all day long.

You see the technique itself has very little to do with it. The technique does not guarantee you anything. I have seen many people try to do it for years but never have any success. It is the person's ability to reach the state required. People can talk all day long, ask specifics about it, but if you can't do it, then you can't do it. It is not the technique that will make you succeed. This is not the 5 minute fix. There is no magic pill.

I am even hesitant to post this because I'm not sure this even helps you develop along the path. I mean, everything is a personal effort and if someone comes along and shows you all the mechanics for nothing, it does not improve your standing as a seeker. A true seeker puts in practice and effort and experiments with his practice. Those who just sit around waiting for everything else to fall into their lap, not putting in effort, are less worthy.

You see I am saying nothing that has not been said already. Focus on the dantien. Breathe there. Sit in at least half lotus. Full lotus is better. Your breath must be deep enough to reach dantien. Inbreath=focus on dantien. Outbreath=focus on dantien. Attention must not wander. You must lose awareness of everything else, even the darkness behind your eyelids. Its very easy to cultivate dantien.

Its very hard to get to that form of consciousness with a mind that does not know silence. It is so simple that it defies intellect. Intellectuals tend to have a very hard time with this practice.

• Like 3

Its very hard to get to that form of consciousness with a mind that does not know silence. It is so simple that it defies intellect. Intellectuals tend to have a very hard time with this practice.

ain't it the truth.

and if i am not mistaken you had already posted this same info about dantien breathing on another thread previously ?

Hi zerostao! Been enjoying the summer. How about you?

The weather has been on the cool side, has it been for you as well?

doing fine here, enjoying the summer as well. doing' the bgz thing, ya know.

come down and visit if you want.

You see I am saying nothing that has not been said already.

:lol:;)

zero...yes, eb, correlate to proto-star-system, now coalesce...

It's like one of Bruce Lees muscles. Small, but packs a huge punch.

Except for his deltoids ofcourse. They were huge.

Really...............??? :lol:

There is no secret technique - no special practice. The technique is as effective as you make it. If you cannot get to that space then learn as a baby does. A baby does not read a book or surf the internet looking for a special hidden system selling the 5 hidden secrets and 7 special practices to make him walk. He does not intellectualize. He just learns how to walk.

Learning to cultivate dantien is like the bird learning how to fly. Before you don't know how to do it - and then you simply do know. and there is no explaining it, you just can do it.

You want the big secret? The special secret and technique lie within you.

well... the kundalini awakening exercise hasn't worked for me no mater how much I've done it in the past.

Is it a thing that happens in one session or it takes multiple sessions?

interwoven layers of work in the lower abdomen:

- open the tissues

- improve blood circulation

- open the regular channels (they all go through there)

- access the extraordinary channels

- rest focused in stillness

Various methods to approach the above list, as well is utterly simple focus.

My point:

If someone has most of that functioning harmoniously already, then maybe the "just focus" instruction will do all you need (and it's certainly indispensable for everyone). But for someone with complicated difficulties (most of us) then it's long term work that addresses various details as well as simplicity.

There's lots of things

and

there's "just one thing".

Over-simplifying it ("just do this, that's all there is to it") is a dis-service to those with more complex difficulties.

- Trunk

• Like 3

well... the kundalini awakening exercise hasn't worked for me no mater how much I've done it in the past.

Is it a thing that happens in one session or it takes multiple sessions?

What do you think is going to happen?

I'm not being silly with you. In fact sometimes I wonder if you haven't already kicked it on by accident and that's where all your "sex issues" stuff is coming from?

I'd recommend KAP as an experience. Mucho weirdness attached however and if you have any skeletons in the closet or just an already unhealthy system from living (like most of us) then it can be rough IME.

So, BEFORE you pick something like that, I'd look at your 5E to see if doing it is a good or a bad call.

interwoven layers of work in the lower abdomen:

- open the tissues

- improve blood circulation

- open the regular channels (they all go through there)

- access the extraordinary channels

- rest focused in stillness

Various methods to approach the above list, as well is utterly simple focus.

My point:

If someone has most of that functioning harmoniously already, then maybe the "just focus" instruction will do all you need (and it's certainly indispensable for everyone). But for someone with complicated difficulties (most of us) then it's long term work that addresses various details as well as simplicity.

There's lots of things

and

there's "just one thing".

Over-simplifying it ("just do this, that's all there is to it") is a dis-service to those with more complex difficulties.

- Trunk

Good points. I have scoliosis and I wonder if it would inhibit finding the true dan-tien, and also the kundalini awakening process.

Also, have to know where exactly the kundalini/dan-tien is..

I have the feeling that it's harder to find in myself than others can find in themselves due to structural issues.

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

Good points. I have scoliosis and I wonder if it would inhibit finding the true dan-tien, and also the kundalini awakening process.

I have the feeling that it's harder to find in myself than others can find in themselves due to structural issues.

Depending on how bad the scoliosis is, help has come in the form of the Chinese bodywork therapies. I have had good results in clinic. But if the scoliosis is severe and has already compensated, to change it could be traumatic.

I would say this has nothing to do with your "finding" your center. A good teacher should be able to create the field (field of elixer) for you so that you can continue to work with and refine. Once a person starts practicing a real system the Dan Tian gets quite large - it is not a matter of "finding" it.

The scoliosis could possibly come into play at this point. As the qi rises it will attempt to work through the stagnant areas. This is also the time where bodywork therapies can go a long way in helping.

• Like 2

It would probably be best if you found the root 1st of all, which is at your tail bone.

Try to do atleast a 10 minute meditation while listening to this and focusing at your tail bone, feel your body's energy flow and coalesce to that point:

If there is no feeling the root, then try it again, until there is deffinitely feeling the root.

Then you can find the Dan Tien next :)

Edited by Dagon

Depending on how bad the scoliosis is, help has come in the form of the Chinese bodywork therapies. I have had good results in clinic. But if the scoliosis is severe and has already compensated, to change it could be traumatic.

I would say this has nothing to do with your "finding" your center. A good teacher should be able to create the field (field of elixer) for you so that you can continue to work with and refine. Once a person starts practicing a real system the Dan Tian gets quite large - it is not a matter of "finding" it.

The scoliosis could possibly come into play at this point. As the qi rises it will attempt to work through the stagnant areas. This is also the time where bodywork therapies can go a long way in helping.

"As the qi rises it will attempt to work through the stagnant areas. This is also the time where bodywork therapies can go a long way in helping."

Bingo :-)

Speaking as someone with an injured base/pelvis from a fall... I'm still working on it 3yrs later because it has so many effects on, well, many, per Joe Blast's more recent illustrations.

ok how about this.. in addition to the lower tan tien which most writers locate around the qihai point (cv6) theres a thing charles luk calls the mortal gate. its at cv0, the bridge between the rectum and the scrotum. now thats where the kundalini people locate the muladhara chakra. its described as something like "cauldron and stove" the stove being this and the cauldron being the lower tan tien sitting on it and being heated by this. (theres controversy about this.. c. w. leadbeater locates the muladhara a little more on the back, between the anus and the coccyx to be exactly). yea well this is where im stuck at myself, the basic idea would be to blow up this centre at CV-0

Edited by gj551
  • Like 1

'Non'

I do not know exactly what your situation or diagnosis is. I have also been diagnosed with scoliosis, though mine is mild. The spiral distortion goes from my foot to my cranium and has resulted in chronic pain in several parts of my body, primarily in my spine and back for several years. Although I do have vertebrae that are chronically out of place, my scoliosis is 'functional' rather than 'structural', ie it is not due to the bones degrading but a complex pattern of trauma with the soft tissues pulling the bones into mis-alignment. From an energetic pov there is also a strong energetic pattern that reinforces the soft tissue pattern.

In my honest opinion scoliosis can result in difficulty in learning correct meditational posture, but it does not have a bearing upon awareness of your dantian or working with it. Especially when a teacher such as Ya Mu is helping you. Same with kundalini. Yes you might have to make adaptions and take things slow (depending on the practice). But awareness and feeling these things is a separate thing. Additionally, once your qi begins moving the channels themselves will open your body and the idea of having to "adopt correct posture" is irrelevant.

I have become intimately aware of my qi deviations and their relation to my structural deviations. I can say that having a decent body worker, preferably an osteopath or cranio-sacral therapist, but ideally a medical qigong practitioner or qigong tuina therapist will be a valuable help to you.

Having received treatments from numerous health care practitioners over the years the above is what I can recommend. But is does depend on the type of scoliosis and the severity.

I agree completely with Ya Mu's comments about approaching releasing scoliosis out of its compensation patterns. As I said, mine is only mild and not structural, but the patterns of trauma and the emotional connections can be overwhelming sometimes when released. I have even had spontaneous 'soul retrieval' type experiences as my spine unwound itself. This is one of the reasons I have gravitated towards the 'yin' traditions in my practice. Ya Mu's stillness-movement is my preferred practice and in large part that is due to the scoliosis and the benefits it has for me. Simply allowing rather than trying to 'force' or 'make' my energy and physical body do something is the way to go.

I have also benefited from learning certain soft Daoist "breathing" methods, but I highly recommend them being learned from a teacher.

Best,

'Non'

I do not know exactly what your situation or diagnosis is. I have also been diagnosed with scoliosis, though mine is mild. The spiral distortion goes from my foot to my cranium and has resulted in chronic pain in several parts of my body, primarily in my spine and back for several years. Although I do have vertebrae that are chronically out of place, my scoliosis is 'functional' rather than 'structural', ie it is not due to the bones degrading but a complex pattern of trauma with the soft tissues pulling the bones into mis-alignment. From an energetic pov there is also a strong energetic pattern that reinforces the soft tissue pattern.

In my honest opinion scoliosis can result in difficulty in learning correct meditational posture, but it does not have a bearing upon awareness of your dantian or working with it. Especially when a teacher such as Ya Mu is helping you. Same with kundalini. Yes you might have to make adaptions and take things slow (depending on the practice). But awareness and feeling these things is a separate thing. Additionally, once your qi begins moving the channels themselves will open your body and the idea of having to "adopt correct posture" is irrelevant.

I have become intimately aware of my qi deviations and their relation to my structural deviations. I can say that having a decent body worker, preferably an osteopath or cranio-sacral therapist, but ideally a medical qigong practitioner or qigong tuina therapist will be a valuable help to you.

Having received treatments from numerous health care practitioners over the years the above is what I can recommend. But is does depend on the type of scoliosis and the severity.

I agree completely with Ya Mu's comments about approaching releasing scoliosis out of its compensation patterns. As I said, mine is only mild and not structural, but the patterns of trauma and the emotional connections can be overwhelming sometimes when released. I have even had spontaneous 'soul retrieval' type experiences as my spine unwound itself. This is one of the reasons I have gravitated towards the 'yin' traditions in my practice. Ya Mu's stillness-movement is my preferred practice and in large part that is due to the scoliosis and the benefits it has for me. Simply allowing rather than trying to 'force' or 'make' my energy and physical body do something is the way to go.

I have also benefited from learning certain soft Daoist "breathing" methods, but I highly recommend them being learned from a teacher.

Best,

Yea, if only I had the money for all this stuff.

Edited by Non

Yea, if only I had the money for all this stuff.

:huh::blink:

Well then you won't, to be blunt. Don't presume my financial position in life.

It is about priorites, and everyone has theirs. If you want to learn real cultivation, or if you have a genuine health issue that you truly want to resolve then it is about sacrifice and priorities.

Nothing comes in a day, what you read in a brief post from me is a summary of years of my life. You just have to do what you can in the present, take the step immediately infront of you, that is all you can do. Do that and it will lead somewhere, don't bother because it all seems so far away and no-one can help you.

Good luck to you,

Best

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 1