Maddie

The Lower Chakras

Lately I have been doing a lot of work on my lower three chakras (root, sacral, and solar plexus) as these have long been my weak areas. The lower three chakras deal with issues about our physical incarnation into the earth plane. The upper three deal with more spiritual issues, and the heart chakra blends the two. I've always had a natural inclination towards the spiritual, abstract, and esoteric. I've also had a rather difficult relation to phyisical reality. Yet we are obviously here on the earth in physical form, so I suppose I should learn how to realte to physical reality in a healthy and balanced way.

I began this adventure by working on my sacral chakra a while back as issues related to sex were the most distracting to me, and I am of the opinion work on the biggest problem first. I noticed that at first while working on the sacral chakra it initially felt as though things were actually getting worse at first. I used the hold the ball at the sacral level during standing meditation, and the MCO as my primary means of adding energy to this charka. I got very tired, as I assume a lot of my qi went to work on clearing that area. I had a surge of intensely errotic and sexual thoughts and fantasies, some of which were very bizzare. But then after that initial healing crisis, this area of my life seemed to level out.

Next I began working on my solar plexus, as I realized while working on my sacral chakra (it was as the chakra showed me things) that some of the issues I had concerning sexuality were actually more ego related. So I got to work on the soalr plexus. Again I used the same method, hold the ball at the solar plexus level, and MCO. Again I got very very tired, and actually began to feel as though I had less self esteem, and things related to the solar plexus. But again this was just part of the healing process as my extra qi was going to work on clearing out the junk there. After finishing I began to feel more comfortable with myself, but my solar plexus showed me that there was still yet another issue to deal with which was more related to the root chakra.

First of all all this work on the sacral and solar plexus chakras had been a bit ungrounding in and of itself, which alone is a good reason to work on one's root chakra. Additionally the root charka unlike the sacral chakra holds a lot of information about raw sexuality, as opposed to the sacral chakra's more emotional/sensual aspect towards sexuality. This is where I am now. I've began to see a lot of my problems with the physical world are very much root chakra issues. Its all about basic instincts and surival. The base sex drive, issues with work, money, instinct ect. The sexuality of the root chakra is not romantic nor tender, its very aggressive and raw. As much as I hate to admit it to myself these are also issues worth dealing with, within myself. I've also had a hard time focusing and getting practical things done, so I'm sure this will help as well. The method I use for this is the wuji posture in standing meditation and MCO.

Anyways enough about me. This has made me wonder though why it is that we are in the physical realm of existence? What is the point, what are the lessons? Has anyone else struggled with this as well? Has anyone come up with any good insights after having dealt with this issue. I'd be happy to hear others experiences and insights into this topic.

*edit:

One other thing I've noticed since working on the root chakra, and after having previously worked on the sacral and solar plexus chakra is the various roles they play in attraction between the sex'es as well.

Working on my sacral chakra didn't really have much affect upon how women responded to me, though it did make me feel more comfortable around women to a degree. The sacral chakra is a yin chakra and this is the center of resonence for most women's sexuality, as their sexuality is more emotionally based.

Working on my solar plexus I've noticed did cause more women to resond to me but on a more intellectual level. I was getting more attention, but not so much in a sensual way. The solar plexus being yang would have this effect, but since it is on the level of the spleen and liver which are both organs of mental reasoning and intelligence it is more on this level where my attention from women increased. This played out in the real world by me getting lots of dates where we would have really interesting conversation, and not a lot of action.

Now that I have begun to work on my root chakra it seems that women suddendly seem to be coming out of the wood work and are definately responding to me in a more sexual nature. The change has been only a little so far as I have not been working on the root chakra very long, but it is noticable nevertheless. I suppose this makes sense as well as the root chakra is also a yang chakra, but also the center of male sexuality for the most part.

Here is how I've observed the male yang root chakra and female yin sacral chakra interface with eachother. The root chakra is predimantely jing, as it lies close to the testicles, and over the prostate. The sacral chakra is primarily qi, as it lies with in the area of the dan tien. The women therefore wants the mans qi as this is what her sacral chakra desires, and the man wants the woman's jing as this is what his root chakra desires. It would seem that when a man has a strong root chakra this is what makes him seem "sexy" to women, and vice versa. Also since the root chakra is the chakra of physical vitality, men who display strong root chakra attributes such as jocks and athletes are usually very attractive to females. Factors that indicate a weak root chakra such as the 90 pound weakling are not as attractive to females.

And interestingly enough when I focus on the root chakra and breath into it, it kind of feels like a constant mild climax.

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 1

Man, you sound like someone I've met here on TTB's :lol:

Anyway, as always, nice chakra analysis :-)

"why it is that we are in the physical realm of existence? What is the point, what are the lessons? Has anyone else struggled with this as well?"

I struggle with this when things are going badly, not at all when things are going well.

The idea that this is a "lesson" is IMO a little disconcerting. I don't like that word, not at all. That we "learn" there's no doubt.

"Why" is IMO an attempt to attribute causality. I think it works at some level, not at all of them. And in fact if you start really contemplating it, those "levels" get to be very very strange.

Someone once remarked, "You're here, now get over it" but I actually can't get over it :)

Man, you sound like someone I've met here on TTB's :lol:

Anyway, as always, nice chakra analysis :-)

"why it is that we are in the physical realm of existence? What is the point, what are the lessons? Has anyone else struggled with this as well?"

I struggle with this when things are going badly, not at all when things are going well.

The idea that this is a "lesson" is IMO a little disconcerting. I don't like that word, not at all. That we "learn" there's no doubt.

"Why" is IMO an attempt to attribute causality. I think it works at some level, not at all of them. And in fact if you start really contemplating it, those "levels" get to be very very strange.

Someone once remarked, "You're here, now get over it" but I actually can't get over it :)

Hey K, a little confused as to why you find it disconcerting that there would be a lesson, yet agree that there is a lot to learn? lol.

The past few days of working on the root chakra have been very um..."interesting".

It would seem that when I work on the upper chakras the key theme is spirituality, and when I work on the lower three chakras the key theme is women lol, yet in different forms.

As I worked on my sacral chakra the key theme was "romance". I desired high class romance, wine, and dine, candel light, and music, soft touches, and sweet kisses. My main interest was being sensual as opposed to raw sex. What I over came at this level was that I began to not feel guilty for having a libido, which prior I did to the extreme.

As I began to work on my solar plexus, my desire shifted over to "validation" being the primary thing I sought. I was most interested in simply seeing if a girl would accept me, approve of me. This led to less romance, and more flirting and quantity. When a girl would flirt back I felt wonderful, and that was enough for me, when she would not my world came crashing down, which is also what I worked to over come here.

Now that I have been working on my root chakra, this is probably the most "uncomfortable" one yet. Now the key theme is raw, animalistic sexuality. I don't really care about romance, or validation, its more about just wanting to stick the dip stick in the oil pan at these level. Its quite disconcerting to be honest, and plus my libido has gone through the roof since I began adding energy to my root chakra. I can't say what I've overcome here yet, as I am still in the process here now, but I can guess it will have to do with balancing raw phyisical desire in some way.

So what do you do with the energy there when you're done working with it? :)

Two things. One is that usually when I am working on clearing/opening a chakra, the chakra itself seems to behave as a black hole, and just suck up a tonne of energy. I guess its using this energy for healing purposes. I can tell too, because everytime I have gone through this process I tend to be a bit lethargic and low energy. The other thing I do is ground it using standing meditation, this helps me to achieve a bit more balance. ;)

*edit: I've also noticed that working on my spleen at this time is helpfull as well, as the root chakra is the earth element chakra, and the spleen is the earth element organ.

Also I've noticed that chakras seem to be multi-dimensional, so it can seem that energy just disappears into them, but I think thats just the illusion as energy it going into the multiple dimensonal existance of our chakras.

Edited by dmattwads

Hmm, very interesting.. -_-

Yea that quote would definately sum up my childhood for sure.

I guess one thing I've noticed so far in working on my root chakra is ironically the oppoisite of what I suspected. That is the subjective and changing standards of physical beauty as culture defines them, and how realitively unimportant it is.

The reason this suprised me is because with the root chakra being the most physical one, I thought that if any chakra was going to produce a feeling of "looks are important" then it would be this one. Rather quiet the opposite has begun to happen. I have been able to see the unique beauty in all sorts of women that our current and present culture defines and unattractive, yet past and other cultures found very attractive. And for reasons I don' quite understand I seem to be attracting to myself mostly women that are older than me, and whereas in the past I would have not found them attractive because of what society teaches us is attractive, now I am seeing a great deal of beauty with in them. I just didn't figure that the root chakra would help me to transcend the surface notions of beauty and attractiveness, I sort of figured that would not happen until I got to the heart charka, eh go figure?

I guess if I were to sum up in a few words the shift in persepctvie it would be that before I saw a girl that was pretty and hoped she had a nice personality. Now I see a girl that has a nice personality and hope she happens to be pretty. Its come as a suprise to me definately.

"Hey K, a little confused as to why you find it disconcerting that there would be a lesson, yet agree that there is a lot to learn? lol. "

Oh, what I mean is "learning" definitely takes place (also see my rambling on the other thread about tendency to resolve) but what I don't like is the "lesson" idea because IMO it smacks of "told you so" or "see? I was right?" "morality" or "you deserved it, that'll teach you" or any number of things I associate with "lessons".

It also implies that someone knows something you don't, therefore putting greater value on the contents of their mind than yours, and is withholding that information until they judge you are in a place to receive it. While in some cases this might be necessary (and we've been through threads and threads of why cultivation teachers do this kind of stuff) I can't extrapolate it further than that to include the cosmos/universe, that would just be a silly personal projection :-)

"Hey K, a little confused as to why you find it disconcerting that there would be a lesson, yet agree that there is a lot to learn? lol. "

Oh, what I mean is "learning" definitely takes place (also see my rambling on the other thread about tendency to resolve) but what I don't like is the "lesson" idea because IMO it smacks of "told you so" or "see? I was right?" "morality" or "you deserved it, that'll teach you" or any number of things I associate with "lessons".

It also implies that someone knows something you don't, therefore putting greater value on the contents of their mind than yours, and is withholding that information until they judge you are in a place to receive it. While in some cases this might be necessary (and we've been through threads and threads of why cultivation teachers do this kind of stuff) I can't extrapolate it further than that to include the cosmos/universe, that would just be a silly personal projection :-)

Hmmmm still pondering that one lol.

Ok several days into working on the root chakra, and several unexpected developments. As anyone who has read just a few of my posts lately can probably tell that I have been rather consumed by the "woman" topic. Suprisingly working on my root chakra has done a LOT to aliviate this issue, which I did not expect at all to be honest. A couple root chakra issues such as lust (the sexual aspect), and the longing to belong (the "tribe" aspect seem to have been driving factors in my "women" issues. I had actually expected working on my root chakra to make matters worse, my reason being that if I added energy to the main center of male sexuality then I perhaps would go beserk (or more beserk than I already am lol). What has rather happened instead is that the issues of lust and belonging where actually blockages or deficiencies and adding energy cleared them out, and has helped me to expereince existence from the root chakra in the manner in which I believe it was intended. I'm still working on it, but the results so far have both suprised me and pleased me. :-)

I see chakra's are not a hot topic on TTB's lol, oh well I mainly do this for my own reference :-).

Another completely unexpected turn of events in working on the ole chakras. In our last episode I had been working on my root chakra. This had the unexcpected result in triggering my heart chakra to so some spontaneous opening and clearing all on its own. Apparently the blockages in my root chakra were preventing my heart chakra from doing some of the things it seems that it had been wanting to do for a while. I guess the lust in the root, was supressing the love in the heart.

I know the heart chakra is not techincally one of the lower three chakras, but it does have the funciton of intergrating the lower three and the upper three together, thus combining the phyical plane with the spiritual one.

So far working on my heart chakra (once I got the message I began to actively work on it) has been the most "painful". Lots of greif and sorrow seem to have been locked up in there. I'm thankful for my knowledge in flower essences and homeoapthy to help me get throug this process.

It would seem that the best way to explain the shift in consciousness from the root to the heart is again in relation to women. The root (in its unbalanced state) is kind of like a horny little lap dog that wants to dry hump as many legs as it possibly can. The heart seems to be totally uninterested in "picking up chicks" and rather is content to wait as long as it takes to find the right "one". I think back about a month or so ago when I had that experience with seeing pretty girls but just knowing they were not for me, was the heart chakra trying to speak to me, yet the blocked root chakra was making its comminication with me difficult. Now that I did that work on the root chakra, it would seem that the heart chakra is easier to hear.

You're still looking for something external...?

You know I hadn't even really thought of it that way, but now that you mention it.... No I guess I'm not, which is weird lol. After thinking about it I realize that in the past week I've totally lost intrest in finding a woman, and have almost exclusively focused on developing myself.

This is pretty interesting dmattwads, I wonder if working on my root and sacral chakra will help. What teaching do you use to work on this area? where did you learn it from?

I see chakra's are not a hot topic on TTB's lol

Hot topic for me, you are an inspiration, it's the next thing I got to work on.

In the past I had some success with Donna Eden's work (she suggests circling palm clockwise and anti-clockwise, among other methods - eg. connecting two chakras by hands so that they can "communicate" better - my words) and breathing into/through chakras. Will try your method too, that would make sense now that I'm more into qigong work :).

Edited by Leif

This is pretty interesting dmattwads, I wonder if working on my root and sacral chakra will help. What teaching do you use to work on this area? where did you learn it from?

Well the method I used mainly to work on my chakras (at least the one I found to be most directly effective) was Standing meditation, and specifically doing the hold the ball stance at the chakra you want to work on, with the exception being the root chakra which doing the wuji stance is what seems to get the job done. The other method I used was simply the Microcosmic orbit, where I would pause the energy at the chakra I was working on for a while before moving on.

You wonder if working on your sacral and root chakra will help with what?

• Like 1

Hot topic for me, you are an inspiration, it's the next thing I got to work on.

In the past I had some success with Donna Eden's work (she suggests circling palm clockwise and anti-clockwise, among other methods - eg. connecting two chakras by hands so that they can "communicate" better - my words) and breathing into chakras. Will try your method too, that would make sense now that I'm more into qigong work :).

I have used and do use that method, but of all the methods I've tried probably for me the most powerful was the hold the ball posture of standing meditation. I could feel the hand rotations having an effect, but I feel that by doing standing meditaion for a specific chakra that I accomplished more faster than the circle method. I suppose the only draw back to doing it fast is that my body sent a LOT of energy to work on those chakras which left the rest of me feeling a bit drained while that was going on. I suppose there is always a catch.

• Like 1

You wonder if working on your sacral and root chakra will help with what?

With anxiety and a sense of not being grounded. I have tried to work with this area in many different ways such as yoga and more psychological methods but haven't found an effective method yet.

With anxiety and a sense of not being grounded. I have tried to work with this area in many different ways such as yoga and more psychological methods but haven't found an effective method yet.

Ah yes in this case working on your root chakra would definately be a good thing to do. The wuji posture is what I used to work on the root chakra. Basically you just stand there with your arms down, on the inhale focus on your dan tien, and on the exhale the "bubbeling wells point" on the bottom of your foot. This has the effect of grounding bad energy, and drawing up good earth energy (very grounding). Also since the root chakra is in between your dan tien and the bottom of your feet, this has the effect of "washing" it on every breath as the qi moves through it.

While working on chakras its also good to not forget the meridians as well. IME/IMO the chakras are the deeper issues behind the meridians, but it is through the meridians that we feel many of our emotions. Up to this point I had been doing the 8 brocades first to clear out my meridians, followed by standing meditation to clear out my chakras, followed by sitting meditation.

As I have been doing this routine for quite a while, and am beginning to wonder if my current routine has taken me as far as I needed it to, I am contemplating switching up my practice a bit. Perhaps instead of the brocades I am pondering going to the 5 animal frolics or wild goose qigong, and also throwing in the Yi Jin Jing set, but no decision has been made yet, I'm still looking into it.

Wow working on the heart chakra is no joke. Last year I had begun doing hold the ball standing mediation at the heart chakra/middle dan tien area and had to quit due to the mood swings and feeling extremely angry (like I wanted to rip everyone's head off). I didn't quite realize at the time that doing this was cleaning junk out of my heart chakra, and thus the violitile emotions. It seems that since I began working on this chakra that I've felt very emotional, almost to the point of crying that anyone must suffer, to having little spells where I get very angry very easily. I guess its good that this process is making me tired because at least it has a lessening effect upon the temper that working on this chakra seems to produce. I suppose the "temper" was there all along (I had a very bad temper as a little kid) and now its just coming out?

"This has made me wonder though why it is that we are in the physical realm of existence?"

I think a simple answer could be to observe and experience. If that is not good enough for you, then you must find the answer for yourself.

It is similar to asking one what is your destiny.

Something else than may help in purging the chakra of negative energy would be to show remorse for all of those you have wronged. Try to understand why you did it and don't do it anymore. Otherwise the remorse would have been a lie and you won't be able to truly forgive yourself for it.

Once you understand, you can turn it into wisdom.

The cycle has to be broken.

Edited by Dagon

Something else than may help in purging the chakra of negative energy would be to show remorse for all of those you have wronged. Try to understand why you did it and don't do it anymore. Otherwise the remorse would have been a lie and you won't be able to truly forgive yourself for it.

Once you understand, you can turn it into wisdom.

The cycle has to be broken.

It seems that as I do purge the energy of the heart chakra that remorse (a lot of it too) has been doing a fine job of coming up all on its own :-S, but I do understand the virtue in this as you pointed out ;-)

Edited by dmattwads

I also have serious problems with being "ungrounded" and I find it very helpful to practive an exercise called 'shaking'. just stand in horse stance (or just bend the knees as much as your comfortable and put feet shoulder-width apart)and bounce up and down... my feet feel embedded in the earth but the rest of me shakes up and down...

It feels good letting my nuts dangle!! :lol:

I also find doing traditional squats (with or without weights) very helpful... also running or anything else that involves the legs is good!!

Of course stretching is fantastic... its amazing how much it clears up the blockages down there!!