Maddie

The Lower Chakras

I also have serious problems with being "ungrounded" and I find it very helpful to practive an exercise called 'shaking'. just stand in horse stance (or just bend the knees as much as your comfortable and put feet shoulder-width apart)and bounce up and down... my feet feel embedded in the earth but the rest of me shakes up and down...

It feels good letting my nuts dangle!! :lol:

I also find doing traditional squats (with or without weights) very helpful... also running or anything else that involves the legs is good!!

Of course stretching is fantastic... its amazing how much it clears up the blockages down there!!

I can see how squats and streching the legs could have a beneficial effect upon grounding as it works the channels that are in the legs, which are under the domain of the root chakra.

For a chakra that is about love, working on the heart chakra is very hard and painful. Today the ONLY thing I did was the Liver inner smile and healing sound, because it would seem working on the heart chakra has brought to the surface all the old hurts, bitterness, feelings of injustice, resentments, ect... Feeling all the injustices against you, feeling the feeling of "unfairness" at past hurts, the anger that such things bring up is intense. I did not expect to have to work on my liver as a result of having worked on my heart chakra, but then again it seems in doing qigong a lot of things I did not expect seem to come up lol.

Speaking of the liver, now that its spring, the time of the wood element, it seems to me that drivers on the road in San Antonio (a city already knowns for grumpy drivers) are extra moody. I'm not sure if there is any coorespondence but the color of the heart chakra is traditionally green, and so is the color of the liver/wood element, and it seems that I am having to work on both at the same time, one as the result of the other. Perhaps all these "issues" are what block the total free flow of love in the heart chakra, and thus need to be dealt with and removed? As I mentioned yesterday, last year I had started doing Zhan Zhuang with the hold the ball posture at the middle dan tien (as per "The Way of Energy") and had to quit because my rage was becoming unbarable. And as I just mentioned I feel it again, but doing the liver inner smile/healing sound seems to be helping to deal with such feelings as they arise.

I found this interesting as it seems to tie in with the whole thing I mentioned about the Liver, and the other thread about fatigue.... :closedeyes:

Liver: Psycho-Emotional Aspects

The Liver is responsible for planning and creativity, as well as instantaneous solutions or sudden insights; it is therefore considered The General in Charge of Strategy. The Liver houses the body's Hun and governs fright. Its positive psycho-emotional attributes are kindness, benevolence, compassion, and generosity; its negative attributes are anger, irritability, frustration, resentment, jealousy, rage, and depression. The Liver is also called the "root of resistance to fatigue." Whenever the Liver is not functioning properly (stagnate or excessively Hot due to suppressed emotions) the patient can experience fatigue as well as physical weakness.

http://www.lieske.com/channels/5e-liver.htm

*edit: The OTHER major emotion/issue/meridian I've had to deal with is greif/sadness/lung meridian, while I've been working on the heart chakra. In addition to all the anger coming up, at the same time a lot of longing, sorrow, grief is too. Working on the heart chakra is not for sissies lol

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 1

Ok back to the actual topic of the lower chakras (sort of). I have noticed this pattern that when I do the spleen inner smile/healing sound that I get aroused just about every time I do it. Now this confused me because I could not see the relation between arousal and the spleen ... at first, then it dawned on me.

I think sexual energy is very closely tied in to our emotions, what ever those may be as individuals. This would seem to explain why some people are turned on by one thing, and others by something else. Men and women are generally turned on differently as well. Some people are rather straight foward and get turned on simply by the prospect of pleasure itself (kidney). Others associate sex with love (heart), still others see a sexual conquest as an ego boost (liver), yet others feel sex makes them feel better (lung). In my case I think I associated sex with belonging, being accepted (spleen/earth).

Further supporting this theory is that it seemed pretty much that my prior obession with women which had been on going for a long time, seemed to suddenly end very abruptly when I began my root chakra work last week (earth element). The drastic differece as almost been starteling as due to its suddeness. Now while it would seem that this issue has been vastly improved upon, it would not seem that its totally gone, as today I noticed that once again as I was doing the spleen inner smile/healing sound that I began to once again feel aroused, while doing this practice again, where as before I began I had felt nothing, thus after several expereinces like this a pattern has been established.

The root chakra (which is earth element) is about the "tribe" "belonging" "being part" which is something that I have long not felt, and rather stived for. The spleen is also earth element, and about being "centered" "belonging" "acceptance/rejection". It would seem that my spleen saw that quite litterally that one of the highest and (pardon the pun) deepest forms of acceptance by someone, was to be ... "in someone". Looking back on my motivation for finding a woman, it does seem to be that what I sough after, what made me happy when it seemed to be the case, and distraught when it did not seem to be the case was being accepted.

The answer has seem to be focusing on self acceptance, and as I do so the need/desire to be accepted by others has greatly diminished. The method has been working on the root chakra, and spleen meridian. With this very distracting issue out of the way, it has seemed to clear up the way for me to get to work on the heart chakra, which is where I'm at now.

• Like 1

I have a rather contradictory question. As I work on my chakra's, partiuarly the lower ones, I use as one of my practices to work on them meditation. Now it would seem that as I continue to meditate more and more that I feel my personality becoming more neutral. On the other hand one of the cheif meditations I do is breahing into my lower dan tien, which is in the same area as the sacral chakra. Now the sacral chakra is supposed to be the seat of passion, enthusiasm, ect... but for all the breahing into this area, and building up chi in this area, I feel less passionate, less enthusiastic. This confuses me, on one hand its better than emotional extremes, but on the other hand I don't want to feel like a Vulcan or a robot either. OR is the idea of personality in our culture mislead, and/or not healthy and meditation is just helping me to reach a more natural state, and since most people in our society are not in a natural state, it just feels weird do to the contrast?? Or is this just some kind of phase that passes? or what?

"Hey K, a little confused as to why you find it disconcerting that there would be a lesson, yet agree that there is a lot to learn? lol. "

Oh, what I mean is "learning" definitely takes place (also see my rambling on the other thread about tendency to resolve) but what I don't like is the "lesson" idea because IMO it smacks of "told you so" or "see? I was right?" "morality" or "you deserved it, that'll teach you" or any number of things I associate with "lessons".

It also implies that someone knows something you don't, therefore putting greater value on the contents of their mind than yours, and is withholding that information until they judge you are in a place to receive it. While in some cases this might be necessary (and we've been through threads and threads of why cultivation teachers do this kind of stuff) I can't extrapolate it further than that to include the cosmos/universe, that would just be a silly personal projection :-)

I think another way to see it is that the Tao, the Essence, grows on its own when it sees a channel. 'Learning life's lessons' sort of insinuates a fatherly figure tending his children and directing the whole thing from the sidelines. Instead, it seems to be an evolution that spirals upward, going through those who have taken the time to prepare themselves for this infusion of understanding of how life actually works.

I think another way to see it is that the Tao, the Essence, grows on its own when it sees a channel. 'Learning life's lessons' sort of insinuates a fatherly figure tending his children and directing the whole thing from the sidelines. Instead, it seems to be an evolution that spirals upward, going through those who have taken the time to prepare themselves for this infusion of understanding of how life actually works.

That's a nice way of putting it Manitou. But it does seem that many people are poised and willing to "teach" us as soon as we are born. And it continues, until you put a stop to it, or find better teachers who will acknowledge the space essence needs. Or point gently (or harshly) in a particular direction. But IMO many public teachings run contrary to essence, then oh how grand is our conflict and how difficult our awakening.

I actually have those books, but must have missed the part where it said to not focus too much on one system, but I think I have enough good reasons for not doing so after last night lol.

Ok so when I posted I was concerned about my flat personality as of late. I was also concerned about my difficultiy (out of all topics) with relationship stuff. So I posted that post and then as I tend to do, did yet another experiment (the mad scientist becomes his own lab rat). I did the hold the ball at the sacral chakra for 10 min in my routine. Thats it!

Then I spent almost all night with sex obsessed insomnia. I literally could not sleep almost all night due to a rather insatiable appetite for ...well you know ;).

But then again holding the ball is a rather legitimate exercise, plus what am/was I to do about the fact that out of all topics relating to the human condition, why are interpersonal relationships so hard for me? So I felt like I had nothing to loose at least trying to do something about it.

As far as the "lessons to learn" topic I had not even considered it in the context of some outside force trying to teach us something when I posted it. The way I viewed it when I posted was more along the lines of, what is it that we need to learn about ourselves in order for our lives to be better. I suppose the only teacher I had in mind when I posted was ourselves. ;)

*Edit: Keeping in mind lessons learned, today I did holding the ball at the middle, and lower dantien, and then the wuji posture. So far I feel much more balanced as a result. I agree that isolating one organ, or chakra, or what ever that is part of a system, can throw things off.

It' been my personal feeling that the middle dan tien is more yin, and the lower dan tien is more yang. Only doing the middle dan tien sort of makes me into an emotional wuss, and only doing the lower dan tien kind of makes me into a raving animal. Doing both of them together helps to maintain balance it would seem.

I have observed that the middle dan tien seems to contain more of our higher "human emotions" like love and compassion, as well as sorrow and greif, while the lower feels like it has more of our lower "animalistic" emotions like lust, anger, fear, ect.. Too much of one or the other seems to be not a good thing, thus the wuss/anaimal ratio.

The wuji posture seems to have a good overall balancing effect upon everything. I have noticed pulsating in my upper dan tien/third eye area while and after doing wuji, so I assume it has a balancing effect upon the upper dan tien as well (standing between heaven and earth).

I ran into this before as well when my practice was focusing more on the organs and meridians. If I would work on one organ/meridian system isolated, it would seem to kind of throw everything else off as well. So it would indeed seem that to work on things as a complete system is the ideal way to do so.

Edited by dmattwads

I actually have those books, but must have missed the part where it said to not focus too much on one system, but I think I have enough good reasons for not doing so after last night lol.

Ok so when I posted I was concerned about my flat personality as of late. I was also concerned about my difficultiy (out of all topics) with relationship stuff. So I posted that post and then as I tend to do, did yet another experiment (the mad scientist becomes his own lab rat). I did the hold the ball at the sacral chakra for 10 min in my routine. Thats it!

Then I spent almost all night with sex obsessed insomnia. I literally could not sleep almost all night due to a rather insatiable appetite for ...well you know ;).

But then again holding the ball is a rather legitimate exercise, plus what am/was I to do about the fact that out of all topics relating to the human condition, why are interpersonal relationships so hard for me? So I felt like I had nothing to loose at least trying to do something about it.

As far as the "lessons to learn" topic I had not even considered it in the context of some outside force trying to teach us something when I posted it. The way I viewed it when I posted was more along the lines of, what is it that we need to learn about ourselves in order for our lives to be better. I suppose the only teacher I had in mind when I posted was ourselves. ;)

*Edit: Keeping in mind lessons learned, today I did holding the ball at the middle, and lower dantien, and then the wuji posture. So far I feel much more balanced as a result. I agree that isolating one organ, or chakra, or what ever that is part of a system, can throw things off.

It' been my personal feeling that the middle dan tien is more yin, and the lower dan tien is more yang. Only doing the middle dan tien sort of makes me into an emotional wuss, and only doing the lower dan tien kind of makes me into a raving animal. Doing both of them together helps to maintain balance it would seem.

I have observed that the middle dan tien seems to contain more of our higher "human emotions" like love and compassion, as well as sorrow and greif, while the lower feels like it has more of our lower "animalistic" emotions like lust, anger, fear, ect.. Too much of one or the other seems to be not a good thing, thus the wuss/anaimal ratio.

The wuji posture seems to have a good overall balancing effect upon everything. I have noticed pulsating in my upper dan tien/third eye area while and after doing wuji, so I assume it has a balancing effect upon the upper dan tien as well (standing between heaven and earth).

I ran into this before as well when my practice was focusing more on the organs and meridians. If I would work on one organ/meridian system isolated, it would seem to kind of throw everything else off as well. So it would indeed seem that to work on things as a complete system is the ideal way to do so.

Sure is :-)

That book also has a bunch of good explanations for "fire" and "water" paths and all kinds of stuff that we frequently discuss here.

I also found the author's hypotheses about fields - including bio-fields and polarities pretty compelling.

Sure is :-)

That book also has a bunch of good explanations for "fire" and "water" paths and all kinds of stuff that we frequently discuss here.

I also found the author's hypotheses about fields - including bio-fields and polarities pretty compelling.

Ah yes as far as water and fire paths go, I do recall reading that.

On the topic of the middle and lower dan tiens, I think I had somewhat of a Buddhist insight on my way to the store. I was in my car and I look to the right and there is a very pretty girl in the car. I look to my left and there is another pretty girl in the car there too. What did I feel from this? Desire of course, emotional and physical. What else did I feel? frustration/suffering lol. It was as though I had a deep insight into the Buddhist doctrine that desires lead to suffering.

Where did I feel this desire? I felt it on two distinct levels. I felt an emotional desire for the girls in my middle dan tien, as in oh wouldn't it be so nice/ make me so happy to have a girl like that for a girlfriend, someone to love, to love me ect... On the other level I felt the obvious physical desire relating to oh what fun we could have together, and how pleasurable it would be.

In both cases I felt frustration because there was that desire, but of course it was not fufilled. Now at this point one might say, well if you had a girl you would not feel this way. But why then is there this thing called infidelity? Why would people already in a relationship experience desire too? Perhaps its because desire just is, and perhaps the answer is not fufilling the desire, but to reduse the desire itself?

I know that Zen Buddhists begin their zazen training by basically doing lower dan tien breathing (I don't know if they call it this, but thats essentially what it is). They do this in an effort to clear their minds of desire. Once the lower dan tien is full, the extra chi naturally begins to spill over into the middle dan tien and balance that as well. So you get physical desires, and then emotional desires eventually balanced. I guess the next step would be when it spills over into the upper dan tien and I guess when that is full and balanced one reaches enlightenment?

I reckon you'd have to ask a buddhist for their reading of your insight.

My personal take is it's pleasant to find other people attractive. Now whether you find them pretty because you were told to or not is a real good question :-)

I reckon you'd have to ask a buddhist for their reading of your insight.

My personal take is it's pleasant to find other people attractive. Now whether you find them pretty because you were told to or not is a real good question :-)

LOL I'm not going to disagree with you, it is pleasant, but I noticed how the associated desire was not so pleasant :-/. This happened to me again at work last night. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen (ok granted I see a lot of most beautiful girls I've ever seen, but work with me here) walked in the door. It took a lot of effort to pick my jaw up off the floor, and not make an ass of myself. [oh and I found her pretty cause she was smoking hot, and no one needs a class to learn that lol].

So after my inital loss of composure and oogeling what did I feel? I felt pissed! Why pissed you may ask? Pissed because I did not have that girl, or a girl like that, and probably some other schumk did. And then it hit me once again, she pushed my desire button, and now I'm suffering again. It would seem desire triggered my realization of lack, my envy and jealous, bitterness, and such things. Beleive me it was not a pleasant sensation.

What I did do after I came home from work was to do the liver inner smile and healing sound, due to the liver's relation to anger/kindness, greed/generosity, and arousal. I think it helped somewhat, but interestingly enough at right about 2am (the time on the chi clock the liver is predominate) I woke up, or was rather woken up by um... "mr. happy", and think "why is it so weird to be me" lol.

Ok so my point was that while I enjoy good looking women, in fact I enjoy them a lot, I also think this may be the reason behind a lot of my and others suffering if you sort of look behind the curtain, because it triggers "lack" "envy" ect... I suppose this is the same reason that other people get frustrated when they see rich people, or if their neighbor gets a new anamatronic glow in the dark santa clause in their yard they have to get one, or if cousin Bill gets a new 18" plasma big screen whatever they have to go and get a 20" one.

• Like 1

I have said this about a million times but I I think the Karezza people have a great take on the why people cheat and what to do with sexual desire etc. Their approach leads to your sexual desire being almost exclusively and continuously focused on your partner, sexual energy/jing is not wasted but increased, you don`t get tired of the partner over time or fall out of love etc. unless you actually turn out to be a really bad match. you get to keep a more balanced version of the honeymoon chemistry that got you together in the beginning and which when lost after a few years is responsible for most breakups and relationship difficulties.

By the why I always read your threads. I find them very interesting and useful. Actually your approach of looking for certain issues or bad emotions in the correct organ has helped me have important breakthroughs. I used to just do the sound and try to strengthen the positive. Now I often look for specific issued I know must be there, find them and get them out. Much quicker approach and really helpful for me at this point. Thanks!

As for eliminating desire etc. My teacher says that he has more or less lost desire in a lot of fundamental ways and having gotten to a place where he feels happy and content no matter what basically. Many people that get to a similar place think that as they have eliminated desire they should just become dispassionate, think that`s good and starting preaching it as the way to go. My teacher says that for him, it was more like not having desire gave him the freedom to enjoy what it is possible to enjoy at any given time.

I have said this about a million times but I I think the Karezza people have a great take on the why people cheat and what to do with sexual desire etc. Their approach leads to your sexual desire being almost exclusively and continuously focused on your partner, sexual energy/jing is not wasted but increased, you don`t get tired of the partner over time or fall out of love etc. unless you actually turn out to be a really bad match. you get to keep a more balanced version of the honeymoon chemistry that got you together in the beginning and which when lost after a few years is responsible for most breakups and relationship difficulties.

By the why I always read your threads. I find them very interesting and useful. Actually your approach of looking for certain issues or bad emotions in the correct organ has helped me have important breakthroughs. I used to just do the sound and try to strengthen the positive. Now I often look for specific issued I know must be there, find them and get them out. Much quicker approach and really helpful for me at this point. Thanks!

As for eliminating desire etc. My teacher says that he has more or less lost desire in a lot of fundamental ways and having gotten to a place where he feels happy and content no matter what basically. Many people that get to a similar place think that as they have eliminated desire they should just become dispassionate, think that`s good and starting preaching it as the way to go. My teacher says that for him, it was more like not having desire gave him the freedom to enjoy what it is possible to enjoy at any given time.

Ok I'll have to look into this Karezza stuff. I'm happy to hear that using the healing sounds to get rid of unwanted emotions has been helpful :), its done me a tonne of good.

I looked into Karezza and to me it looked like a dual cultivation technique.

I have re-introduced back into my practice testicle breathing/ cool draw. I had been doing it last fall as part of the 100 days of celebacy thing, and found it to be very effective at reducing my desire. At the end of the fall I finished the 100 days and then proceeded to go on a dating frenzy for about another 100 days lol. Each had their own unique challenges and benefits. The 100 days of cool draw did a lot to dig up the emotional aspects of desire, women, ect, without so much of the physical desire. I found from this that a lot of our desire goes beyond purely the physical drive, and is very much emotional.

The next 100 days of doing a lot of dating showed me how much of what I was looking for was not to be found in another person, but rather within. The "100 days of dating" also were quite a distraction from the more subtel inner workings of myself, and my practice. It left me feeling quite empty, frustrated, and confused.

As ironic as it may sound, now that I have the two periods in my life to compare, I found that I was actually happier during the celibate 100 days, than the dating 100 days. Does this mean I want to be a celibate monk for the rest of my life? Probably not, I hope not lol, but what I do plan on doing (you know what they say about plans) is making the cool draw a part of my regular practice, reducing desire, putting the dating frenzy on hold, and if its in my Tao to meet the "right one" then just let it happen with out striving for it "wuji".

So bascially my practice now is 20 min of 8 brocades for basic health, and balancing the meridians and organs, 20 min of ZZ standing meditation to build up chi, and open channels and dan tiens/chakras, 20 min of testicle breathing/cool draw to reduce desire, and 20 min of dan tien reverse breathing, and inner smile/healing sounds as needed.

*edit: ok life is weird, no sooner than I say I am not going to try to date anymore, yet leave myself open to what comes my way, now women are asking me out! Yesterday I got invited to a movie, didn't even have to pay, and now today I get invited to an Italian icecreame/coffee place. Life is just weird lol.

Edited by dmattwads

When I said life is weird I spoke too soon lol. Ok so that girl that asked me out, leme tell you, what an experience. First of all her heart meridian was way over active, and therefore I had a hard time being near her, I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin, even though she was drop dead gorgeous. But where it really gets weird is I noticed as we were talking she started projecting chi out of her upper dan tien/ third eye and scanning me. That made me feel really uncomfortable. I told her that I knew what she was doing, and she looked like she was in shock. She asked me how I knew that she was doing that, and she did that all the time to guys, and no one had ever realized that she was doing it. Now I'm thinking what kind of person am I on a date with lol? And even though she looked like a model, when it was time to go I could not wait to get out of there.

Anyways the lastest thing I've been doing the past few days now that I have begun the cool draw again, is I've been using it to energize my upper dan tien, and doing so has really changed my perspective in life dramatically. Standing meditation had already done wonders for my middle and lower dan tiens, but I felt that something was missing, as though not all pieces of the puzzel were in place yet. So as I began doing the cool draw, and drawing jing up to my crown, and spinning it there as to fix it, suddenly its like I'm looking at things in a whole new way. Its like my appetite to learn and understand has become unsatiable. I've checked out a bunch of books from the library about the various sciences and want to read, and know and learn more and more. Not only that but my perspective on things seems much more "big picture" than before. Anyways its kind of hard to desribe but I think those of you who've been there done that prolly know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Dmattwads are you really 36 years old?

yup

In relation to what I said yesterday, raising the state of my upper dan tien with the cool draw, I had to work on my spleen with the inner smile/healing sounds because it would seem that as my upper dan tien was getting all that jing chi from the cool draw, it was causing my brain to go into over time. I was just thinking a million miles an hour, which naturally threw my spleen out of wack. Once my spleen got out of wack with all that overthinking, things like going to bed at a decent hour became difficult, as well as overthinking everything, like "is this the right decision" "what did that mean in the past" ect... I've had a tendency to overthink in the past, so doing the spleen inner smile/healing sound really helped slow down the over active thinker. :)

First of all her heart meridian was way over active, and therefore I had a hard time being near her, I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin, even though she was drop dead gorgeous. But where it really gets weird is I noticed as we were talking she started projecting chi out of her upper dan tien/ third eye and scanning me. That made me feel really uncomfortable. I told her that I knew what she was doing, and she looked like she was in shock. She asked me how I knew that she was doing that, and she did that all the time to guys, and no one had ever realized that she was doing it. Now I'm thinking what kind of person am I on a date with lol? And even though she looked like a model, when it was time to go I could not wait to get out of there.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

She was a tibetan monk in a previous life and now she is a super hot model that scans her dates with her third eye!

And I am not joking!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

She was a tibetan monk in a previous life and now she is a super hot model that scans her dates with her third eye!

And I am not joking!

Hmmm your interpretation is nicer than mine lol, I was wondering if she was a witch or something haha.

I'm back to actually working on a lower chakra again. Now I'm back to working on the solar plexus, and as usual the associated fatigue and energy drain have acompanied it, (which is temporary) but also the desired results as well.

Initially a lot of what I suppose was supressed depression was relased from working on it, but as that begins to abate I'm beginning to experience this general sense of well being. There also seems to be a lot of processing of old latent memories from early childhood all the way till now. I also seem to be having dreams about stuff from childhood more frequently.

As to the all encompasing topic of women.... my attitude has become one of more "I can take them or leave them" as opposed to a more obessive attiude previously. Interestingly enough I've also noticed a great satifaction in learning and intellectual activities which gives me a great sense of satisfaction...hmmmm.

But it seems that I generally feel more peaceful since working more on the solar plexus, and am also beginning to see through rather empty ego illusions, such as competitiveness, inflated ego, striving, frustration, anger, depression, sadness, fear, and other such "hollow" feelings. What I seem to be getting to a greater degree in exchange is contentment, peace, an attitude of inquiry, and a feeling of centeredness. :)

*edit: thought I would add the relation to the organs as well while I'm on the topic.

It seems that every time I work on a chakra, it has an effect on at least one, usually more of the organs as well. When I first started working on the solar plexus again, at first I felt a lot of sadness, and thus had to work on my lungs. After I had that taken care of, I then began to feel the "over-joy/excitement" of the heart, which is what I'm working on now.

When I began working on the over-joy of the heart, it dawned on me, that it would seem that a large portion of the population has this imbalance. I guess its no supprise that heart disease is the number one killer in America. Most people it would seem can simply not just sit still, be quiet on the inside. It seems that most of the population always craves constant stimulation, which is exactely what an imbalanced heart meridian does. This seems to be a chronic problem in this country.

Edited by dmattwads

It's increasingly become my observation that my personal experience with chakra's does not always perfectly match what the books and websites say about them.

For example most websites and books say that sex drive and such things are located in the sacral chakra. In my experience the sacral chakra feels much less sexual to me than solar plexus chakra. Twice now with in about a two month period as I have begun to work on my solar plexus chakra my libido has shot through the roof, become very aggressive, and is rather insatiable.

When I have worked with my sacral chakra my focus has seemed to shift to thinking about relationships, and feeling more emotional, not sex. I don't know if its because a lot of these books and websites are written by women, and their experience is different, but what they say does not seem to always be the case in my personal experience.

Then there is the common teachings about the root chakra that Kundalini lies there and thus its also a very sexual chakra, and granted most of the time I feel arousal I feel it there, but the last time I worked on this chakra I pretty much lost intrest in sex all together.

So far here have been my personal experiences while working on the various chakras in my own body:

1. Root: this one felt very child like to me. When focusing on this one I pretty much became interested in the basics, like food, drink, home, family, ect.

2. Sacral: this one felt like an emotional/hormonal teenaged girl to me. I became very interested in relationships and that whole dynamic, and started listening the Justin Bieber (just kidding). The pitfall I noticed here was the notion that another person can make you happy (again like a teenaged girl).

3. Solar Plexus: this one has been a barrel full of monkies. As I am working on this again presently, all I can say is that I'm processing through a lot of various emotions. A lot of stuff related to status, respect, pride, ego, depression and stuff like that. Also as I had mentioned it seems that both times I have begun work on the solar plexus my libido has really gone way up, and my attitude towards women has gone in the direction of the cave man (no offence to the GIECO cave man lol).