Maddie

The Lower Chakras

Ego

That seems to be the latest shift in my chakra work. I have been working on both the sacral and solar plexus chakras at the same time, with just a shift in emphasis on one or the other. Working with the sacral chakra has seemed to help a lot with sex drive issues which has cleared things up enough for me to become aware of other issues such as ego.

Ego is to be found largely in the solar plexus. As I have been shifting emphasis back to my solar plexus as ego issues seem to have come to the forefront rather than sexuality issues.

As I work on the solar plexus ego stuff, I seem to be feeling it affecting my lungs and liver. I suppose this makes sense as the lungs have a lot to do with our self esteem, pride, or the lack thereof such as feeling sad, low self esteem ect. The self-esteem aspect of the solar plexus then is very much related to the lungs. Plus the lung meridian's internal path goes right through the solar plexus.

The liver's virtue of kindness and generosity, and emotions of anger, competitivness, and control also are very related to the other aspects of the solar plexus and ego. A healthy ego is generous, while a weak ego get angry easily at percieved injustices and slights against it. The liver's position right in the solar plexus area is easy to understand in its relation to it.

It seems that as I work more on the solar plexus I become more aware of how much ego plays a part in life, and how well it explains a lot of the stupid crap that we do.

I find the lung solar plexus connection interesting. I was not aware of the lung meridian going through the solar plexus. I have wondered wether they were connected as their aspects seems to overlap a lot. Do you find any connection between the spleen and solar plexus? THey are both key in digestion I think.

You know in KAP they have a bunch of methods for working with the charkas directly. I think if you take a private lesson with one of their instructors you could learn some very good techniques for that kind of work. At least from the practice logs of KAPers it seems for the most part they avoid the extreme tiredness you experience after hold the ball so I figured it might be good for you to learn some methods that help you avoid that. At least reduce it.

I have also been wondering if you have considered starting fusion. It is the next step after healing sounds and inner smile and as intensely you have practiced I think you have probably done the amount of work required as a preparation. I have also been wondering if maybe primordial qigong could be a good practice for you. Michael Winn teaches it so it is compatible with healing tao stuff, it is very powerful, very balancing, does general all over work, and goes deep setting forth the entire alchemical process towards enlightenment with Kan and Li, work on all the dan tiens, the central channel etc. It only takes 15 minutes or so and can be learnt by watching a dvd.

I forgot to mention about fusion is that it has the great benefit of being rather painless emotionally. When you do it the negative emotions gets neutralized and just disappear. I did it once and it was kinda like just sending the negative energy into a black whole and getting nice energy back. Very smooth.

Edited by markern

I find the lung solar plexus connection interesting. I was not aware of the lung meridian going through the solar plexus. I have wondered wether they were connected as their aspects seems to overlap a lot. Do you find any connection between the spleen and solar plexus? THey are both key in digestion I think.

You know in KAP they have a bunch of methods for working with the charkas directly. I think if you take a private lesson with one of their instructors you could learn some very good techniques for that kind of work. At least from the practice logs of KAPers it seems for the most part they avoid the extreme tiredness you experience after hold the ball so I figured it might be good for you to learn some methods that help you avoid that. At least reduce it.

I have also been wondering if you have considered starting fusion. It is the next step after healing sounds and inner smile and as intensely you have practiced I think you have probably done the amount of work required as a preparation. I have also been wondering if maybe primordial qigong could be a good practice for you. Michael Winn teaches it so it is compatible with healing tao stuff, it is very powerful, very balancing, does general all over work, and goes deep setting forth the entire alchemical process towards enlightenment with Kan and Li, work on all the dan tiens, the central channel etc. It only takes 15 minutes or so and can be learnt by watching a dvd.

I forgot to mention about fusion is that it has the great benefit of being rather painless emotionally. When you do it the negative emotions gets neutralized and just disappear. I did it once and it was kinda like just sending the negative energy into a black whole and getting nice energy back. Very smooth.

I have associated the spleen with the solar plexus for the same reason as you due to its relation to digestion, and the fact that it like the liver lies at the level of the solar plexus. I have also noticed similarities with the spleen and the root chakra due to the earth element aspect.

Its funny you mention the Fusion practice because I had been contemplating if perhaps that might be a good next step for me.

• Like 1

Hadn't posted anything for a while, because there has not really been anything new to report. I continue to work on my heart and lungs a lot. My general observation in doing so is that the lungs tend to relate more about how I feel about myself, and the heart has more to do with how I relate to others, but of course not saying that there isn't both aspects of this in both organs. These two organs and meridians seem to be taking more work than other organs, as I think I have had more issues relating to these organs than other ones.

As far as the lungs go, its been quite unusual lately, as in the past I almost never cried, it was very rare. It was not as though I was trying not to, but it just didn't happen. But now lately that I have been working on the lungs I've been getting spontaneously weepy in the most random times and places. On Sunday I drove out to this little German town in the hill country that I love here, and was in this German restaurant, and at the hour all these coo coo clocks went off, and I burst into tears right in the middle of the restaurant, which if you knew me is something I NEVER do. At the same time though I've noticed that in general that the way I feel about myself is improving, and therefore the need for the approval of others seems to be slowly and gradually lessening.

In regards to the heart, this one seems to be the most difficult organ I've ever worked on. It almost feels as though the heart does not want to be worked on, it feels very resistant, slow going, and there seems to be a LOT of junk in there, which is taking quite a bit of time to work on. Some of what I feel in the heart is the desire for excessive stimulation and excitement, shyness, slightly anti-social feelings, unusual thoughts, my "dark" side, the male part of me that tends to want to "pick up" most attractive girls that I see, desire, and all sorts of wild and wacky things. I've noticed as I keep working on my heart that I'm slowly beginning to get a little bit less excited at the things that would previously over stimulate me such as women, feeling a little more social, as opposed to kind of shy, quiet, and withdrawn.

An interesting observation in regards to not getting quite as excited as I used to, or I guess as the Chinese would call it "over joy", it seems that most Americans don't even seem to realize that this is a problem to be avoided. When ever I get in converstaions with people about this, and I tell them that one of the problems of the heart is "over joy" "over excitement" "over stimulation" they kind of look at me with this confused look on their face that kind of says "but I thought that was a good thing" or "I thought that is what we were supposed to be going for". Yet these same people suffer from anxiety, depression, nervousness, mental disorders and so on. In this culture which is all about stimlulation to the extreme, we just don't seem to understand how except for the past few decades, the kind of stimulation we now have access to and experience daily was just not a part of life for most of human evolution. Our bodies are simply not wired to handel that kind of stimulation, and yet we wonder why there are so many mental problems today. Everyone seems to get that too much sorrow, worry, anger, or fear is bad, but when you tell them too much joy, excitement, or stimulation is bad, this they don't understand.

Looking back though I think that if as a child growing up, and as a young adult that if I had not been exposed to so much stimluation, such as so much TV, movies, video games, parties, dating, trips, ect... (not saying that none of this is good, just the excess of it) and had not become used to being and expecting constant stimulation that I'm pretty sure that in the present I would not be having to deal with all the problems in my heart that I am dealing with now. It makes the Buddhist goal of quieting the mind make more and more sense lol.

Another observation I've had is concerning the control cycle of the organs and elements. In the case of the heart and lungs which is what I've been working on lately, since the heart is fire, and the lungs are metal, it is the hearts job to control the lung's metal. For example what I have found in my lungs is a lot of grief, sadness, loneliness, and low self esteem. As long as that is in there, and causing me problems the heart has a lot of work to do in controlling all that. Since the emotion of the heart is joy, and over joy (excitement) I've noticed it tends to try to really stir me up as a distraction from the sorrow of the lungs. So I begin to feel kind of sad? the heart says "no problem" and then I go off on a girl crazy tangent, or what ever. And its a sort of effective distraction on the surface level, because I forget all about my sorrow when that is going on. But due to all that sadness the heart is having to work over time to control the lungs, and gets a little carried away and bam now I have heart fire, which is where it goes from just chasing girls, to kind of turning into a horny dry hump your leg lap dog. So I work on my heart, calm it down, reduce the fire, and think all is well and the people did rejoice, only to have another flare up a month or two down the road. Then I begin to wonder if it will ever end as long as I focus only on the heart flaring up as an isolated event. Now that I have gotten down to working on the nitty gritty of the lungs, and have begun to realize just how much stuff there is for the heart to have to subdue, now it makes more sense.

Of course this does not just go for the heart/lung relationship, but for any of the organs. Just in the same way that for someone who has a lot of stuffed grief might go through bouts of manic excitement, someone who has a lot of repressed anger (liver) might go through bouts of intense saddness (lungs) metal controls wood. Oh wait that sounds a lot like depression lol. Someone who worries a lot (spleen) might have temper flare ups (liver) wood controls earth, ect...

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 1

An interesting observation in regards to not getting quite as excited as I used to, or I guess as the Chinese would call it "over joy", it seems that most Americans don't even seem to realize that this is a problem to be avoided. When ever I get in converstaions with people about this, and I tell them that one of the problems of the heart is "over joy" "over excitement" "over stimulation" they kind of look at me with this confused look on their face that kind of says "but I thought that was a good thing" or "I thought that is what we were supposed to be going for". Yet these same people suffer from anxiety, depression, nervousness, mental disorders and so on. In this culture which is all about stimlulation to the extreme, we just don't seem to understand how except for the past few decades, the kind of stimulation we now have access to and experience daily was just not a part of life for most of human evolution. Our bodies are simply not wired to handel that kind of stimulation, and yet we wonder why there are so many mental problems today. Everyone seems to get that too much sorrow, worry, anger, or fear is bad, but when you tell them too much joy, excitement, or stimulation is bad, this they don't understand.
Well, the heart houses the shen and overjoy scatters the shen.
The heart, then, technically houses the shen. Shen is loosely translated as our spirit or consciousness and proper shen will result in the ability to think and feel clearly, a strong memory, and the ability to relax and sleep. Imbalances in this function can result in insomnia, memory problems, depression, schizophrenia and the entire range of psychological issues.
The main function of the heart is to house the Shen (spirit or mind), finding tranquillity, stillness and Joy. So how can you look after your heart? The heart loves stillness, meditation is the best way, this can be done with simple breathing exercises. A relaxing hobby can help too, I.e. painting, gardening, needlework, something involving creativity to allow space for the brain to relax without taxing it.
So I think for heart health, stillness > joy > overjoy.

Well, the heart houses the shen and overjoy scatters the shen.So I think for heart health, stillness > joy > overjoy.

Yup good point, that would also explain why when I get in those over excited states that I also tend to feel kind of confused.

Yesterday I googled serotonin and found it was key in regulating how we feel about ourselves, that the level of serotonin goes are low in lower rank animals and high in hgiher rank animals and changes in rank quickly makes the serotonin levels go up or down and that 90%of it is to be found in the gastro intestine tract. SO i thought about the organs and came up with the theory that testosterone might be primarily connected to the liver and lungs as they deal with assertiveness, anger and aplpha male qualities while the kidneys seems to be connected a lot to dopamine as it is so key in sexuality, is key in pleasure and many o fthe spychological qualities of high and low dopamine relate to kidney function and because two weeks absence from orgasm leads to dopamine levels stabilizing. Tee heart in turn is obviously connected to oxytocin.

HTese things are obviously much more complex, I am sure each one has impacts on severall organs, but as a general rule it might be the case. It might also be the case that these hormones are all ruled by the organs I mentioned and that the effect the hormones have on other organs can be explained by the indirect effect changes in one organ has on others such as increasing serotonin might make the spleen stronger in turn affecting the lungs and other organs.

Also an interesting fact about serotonin and animal rank is that those who are high in it will normally achieve high rank even if their size and other abilites such as aliance building do not really support such a rank they get there because their confidence or "belief in themselves" makes other animals treat them acordingly. Also by artificially manipulating the serotonin levels up or down the monkeys rank would change. This is a good example of how cultivating can change things for you socially as you "artificially" increase the amount you have of desired hormones++ that regulate your mood and behavior and this changes other peoples perception of you and you get wwhat you want socially. So Non does not really need the experience he is lacking because he can elevate his levels of serotonin, testosterone, dopamine, oxytocin and whatever else is relevant to match the level of people who have had the greatest success in life and he will then behave as such and be treated as such and so eventually will have success matching his hormonal levels.

• Like 2

Yesterday I googled serotonin and found it was key in regulating how we feel about ourselves, that the level of serotonin goes are low in lower rank animals and high in hgiher rank animals and changes in rank quickly makes the serotonin levels go up or down and that 90%of it is to be found in the gastro intestine tract. SO i thought about the organs and came up with the theory that testosterone might be primarily connected to the liver and lungs as they deal with assertiveness, anger and aplpha male qualities while the kidneys seems to be connected a lot to dopamine as it is so key in sexuality, is key in pleasure and many o fthe spychological qualities of high and low dopamine relate to kidney function and because two weeks absence from orgasm leads to dopamine levels stabilizing. Tee heart in turn is obviously connected to oxytocin.

HTese things are obviously much more complex, I am sure each one has impacts on severall organs, but as a general rule it might be the case. It might also be the case that these hormones are all ruled by the organs I mentioned and that the effect the hormones have on other organs can be explained by the indirect effect changes in one organ has on others such as increasing serotonin might make the spleen stronger in turn affecting the lungs and other organs.

Also an interesting fact about serotonin and animal rank is that those who are high in it will normally achieve high rank even if their size and other abilites such as aliance building do not really support such a rank they get there because their confidence or "belief in themselves" makes other animals treat them acordingly. Also by artificially manipulating the serotonin levels up or down the monkeys rank would change. This is a good example of how cultivating can change things for you socially as you "artificially" increase the amount you have of desired hormones++ that regulate your mood and behavior and this changes other peoples perception of you and you get wwhat you want socially. So Non does not really need the experience he is lacking because he can elevate his levels of serotonin, testosterone, dopamine, oxytocin and whatever else is relevant to match the level of people who have had the greatest success in life and he will then behave as such and be treated as such and so eventually will have success matching his hormonal levels.

Yea, I've done a lot of research on hormones, and it is fairly complex. But it all seems interlinked between your mind/body/spirit.

Your hormones have you feel like your good/solid/sure, and things that affect those are, healing your body, energy work and the like. From there your mind creates thoughts and beliefs in accordance to that. (so if you feel fear, you create beliefs that the world is dangerous. While if you feel strong, you believe things are cool ,etc).

But then the mind comes in and needs to be in line with this as it seems to be a feed back loop in some way.. so you need to examine beliefs, values, etc. Aka this shit is mad complicated.

The one thing too is all the hormones are a felt experience, that all this works together to create who you are and how you feel, which then goes on to define how you think. And you can change them through herbs and the like over time, or through qigong/neigong, or through meditation or psych work.

I don't think there is anything artificial about it though.. as what I've heard is the body will incorporate everything you put into it, to build into you. And if you look at it as a whole... then this also includes your intent.

The kicker is, in my experience, that as you clear your psych up and open your body, your hormone levels change (as Matt has pointed out in how he feels). As you feel more empowered, so to do your hormones change to create that internal environment for you at the same time.

Insofar as the status/alpha/thinking you need something to be attractive to the opposite sex:

It seems to me as I do qigong/meditate and the like... that I naturally don't sweat status or what others are or aren't doing. I just do what I feel like doing... that there is nothing more beta than to worry about status, and nothing more alpha than to just be yourself and do what you feel like doing.

It makes me wonder if all the evolutionary psych is heavily influenced by the people doing the research, and there are a set of assumptions and beliefs that everyone is buying into indirectly by reading and buying into their research.

Like what if a meditator/qigong practitioner did the research?

The alpha/beta stuff is only relevant if your measuring yourself to others.

And anyone, will come up with reasons to reinforce how they view things, and negate what is contrary to that. (whether they attract it/this is reality or not doesn't matter)And that you need that stuff anyway, is just a feeling.. to allow yourself to feel a certain way so you can just take action.

John

Yea, I've done a lot of research on hormones, and it is fairly complex. But it all seems interlinked between your mind/body/spirit.

Your hormones have you feel like your good/solid/sure, and things that affect those are, healing your body, energy work and the like. From there your mind creates thoughts and beliefs in accordance to that. (so if you feel fear, you create beliefs that the world is dangerous. While if you feel strong, you believe things are cool ,etc).

But then the mind comes in and needs to be in line with this as it seems to be a feed back loop in some way.. so you need to examine beliefs, values, etc. Aka this shit is mad complicated.

The one thing too is all the hormones are a felt experience, that all this works together to create who you are and how you feel, which then goes on to define how you think. And you can change them through herbs and the like over time, or through qigong/neigong, or through meditation or psych work.

I don't think there is anything artificial about it though.. as what I've heard is the body will incorporate everything you put into it, to build into you. And if you look at it as a whole... then this also includes your intent.

The kicker is, in my experience, that as you clear your psych up and open your body, your hormone levels change (as Matt has pointed out in how he feels). As you feel more empowered, so to do your hormones change to create that internal environment for you at the same time.

Insofar as the status/alpha/thinking you need something to be attractive to the opposite sex:

It seems to me as I do qigong/meditate and the like... that I naturally don't sweat status or what others are or aren't doing. I just do what I feel like doing... that there is nothing more beta than to worry about status, and nothing more alpha than to just be yourself and do what you feel like doing.

It makes me wonder if all the evolutionary psych is heavily influenced by the people doing the research, and there are a set of assumptions and beliefs that everyone is buying into indirectly by reading and buying into their research.

Like what if a meditator/qigong practitioner did the research?

The alpha/beta stuff is only relevant if your measuring yourself to others.

And anyone, will come up with reasons to reinforce how they view things, and negate what is contrary to that. (whether they attract it/this is reality or not doesn't matter)And that you need that stuff anyway, is just a feeling.. to allow yourself to feel a certain way so you can just take action.

John

As modern physics teaches us the observer is NOT seperate from the experiment, as in the case of elections behaving as a particle or wave, depending on the perspective of the observer. In the same way the researchers on hormones and behavior might make the observations on what the hormones are doing, but they point of view might scew their conclusions on how and why they got that way. One big thing I have noticed is that as I continue to do all this cultivation that I am documenting on this thread that my out look on social situations is definately changing. I honestly care less about the things I used to fret about, yet at the same time find it easier to mingle in social situations, even though I care less lol, isn't life ironic?

• Like 2

My recent work on the lungs led me to take a deeper look at my spleen as the spleen is the mother of the lungs. What I found was that lately I have been living life in my head, but with out taking a lot of action in the real world. This is a classic spleen issues, as the spleen's element is earth, and earth of course is all about physical reality. If thoughts going round and round but no action is taken on them, this is not good, and this shows there is a spleen imbalance. For example I would get several phone numbers from girls, but have no interest in calling them or going out, it was all simply mental food. Looking back I can see several episodes where I would just live life in my head, and not really want to engage in the real world. When ever we get like this, this is a spleen issue. I've seen this a lot in other people in different forms as well. Guy's who only want to play video games, but never get out in real life. Or people who like to chat online or talk to facebook friends for hours, but never really meet them or do things with them in real life. Of course people who worry about the same thing over and over again, but never come to a practical solution. The common thread is life is lived in the head, not in physical reality. Since the spleen is earth, and earth is "real" our spleen is supposed to ground us in the real world, our thoughts are supposed to lead to action. When our spleens are not doing their job thoughts just lead to more thoughts, rather than the actions they were intended for. So like in my case thinking about girls with out really wanting to go out with them is a classic example. It was also due to this were I thought to myself "what is wrong with you man" lol.

In my particular case I had done a 48 hour fast a couple weeks ago for detox, this I was told weakened my spleen. After that my appetite was weak, I lost a lot of weight, my stools were loose, and I had almost no energy. Since I'm a student at a TCM school I get to get free acupuncture. So I went into the student clinic, and was diagnosed with Spleen qi deficiency. I got a treatment and was given herbs, and first the physical symptoms cleared up, I got my appetite back, got my lost weight back (my pants were about to fall off at one point due to weight loss), my bowls went back to normal, and my energy level improved too. Now it seems the that mental symptoms are next. So I'm just throwing this out there to anyone who feels that they might live in their head a little too much, or be obsessed with mental stuff, but not so much about doing physical stuff, so you can know what to work on. Once again my main method for working on just about any organ is the inner smile, and healing sounds. So far I have found some worry, and anxiety in my spleen, I'll keep posting as I continue to work on this.

• Like 1

I was very surprised today. The latest troubled area I have been dealing with is loneliness ( I just moved to a new town where I know no body for TCM school ). The thing that surprised me though was that I had been working a lot on my heart and lungs for a lot of various other issues, and surely thought that if loneliness was going to be dealt with then it would be there. But usually when I do the inner smile/healing sounds on a particular organ, as long as its the right organ for the right emotion I get results fairly quickly. In this case I would work on my heart and lungs yet still feel the same level of loneliness and could not understand why. So I got online and researched everything I could find about where in our bodies loneliness could be found. The answer was the Kidney meridian and the water element. This surprised me because I can not see the connection (at least right now) but I'm just making this note to myself and afterwards will go and work on my kidney's and see what that digs up. Was anyone else aware of this, or understand how this might relate?

• Like 1

I was very surprised today. The latest troubled area I have been dealing with is loneliness ( I just moved to a new town where I know no body for TCM school ). The thing that surprised me though was that I had been working a lot on my heart and lungs for a lot of various other issues, and surely thought that if loneliness was going to be dealt with then it would be there. But usually when I do the inner smile/healing sounds on a particular organ, as long as its the right organ for the right emotion I get results fairly quickly. In this case I would work on my heart and lungs yet still feel the same level of loneliness and could not understand why. So I got online and researched everything I could find about where in our bodies loneliness could be found. The answer was the Kidney meridian and the water element. This surprised me because I can not see the connection (at least right now) but I'm just making this note to myself and afterwards will go and work on my kidney's and see what that digs up. Was anyone else aware of this, or understand how this might relate?

Hmm Kidney -> liver

And lungs -> kidney

Not sure..

http://www.sri.new-planet.net/Meridian_System.php - triple warmer meridian..

This stuff would take forever without the internet haha.

John

Edited by JohnC

Hmm Kidney -> liver

And lungs -> kidney

Not sure..

John

Actually I did see that link that you mentioned, but it didn't have enough explanation for me, and plus when I did the Triple Warmer healing sounds I just wasn't feeling the results I wanted. After doing some thinking and some of the Kidney healing sound and inner smile, I sort of began to realize that loneliness could be seen as "fear of being alone", which if that is the case would make sense.

Actually I did see that link that you mentioned, but it didn't have enough explanation for me, and plus when I did the Triple Warmer healing sounds I just wasn't feeling the results I wanted. After doing some thinking and some of the Kidney healing sound and inner smile, I sort of began to realize that loneliness could be seen as "fear of being alone", which if that is the case would make sense.

Hmmm, I see your point, but if you consider all the other traits of the kidneys it fits in well. Not just afraid of being alone, but if you are afraid of people in general or entering a new situation and feeling insecure or suspicious, these are all states that have a lonely feel to them, or maybe the point is if fear, suspicion, insecurity of others persists long enough it can lead one to become isolated from others and develop into something more chronic like loneliness, mild depression, becoming withdrawn etc. The heart and lungs are more to do with sadness and maybe what you could call a temporary loneliness, or a loneliness that is more grief based.

Still, I'm not sure if I would personally use the word loneliness for something solely kidney based, just because of the sadness I associate with that word, and I'm not sure if that comes from kidneys or not, maybe it can in some form. Isolated and suspicious fits kidneys very well for me which is pretty similar to loneliness, then feeling sad about being alone is moving away from kidney issues into the lungs etc. :D

Edited by Soar

Still, I'm not sure if I would personally use the word loneliness for something solely kidney based, just because of the sadness I associate with that word, and I'm not sure if that comes from kidneys or not, maybe it can in some form. Isolated and suspicious fits kidneys very well for me which is pretty similar to loneliness, then feeling sad about being alone is moving away from kidney issues into the lungs etc. :D

Yea I think I'll agree, I found a few sites that said loneliness was kidneys' but after having worked on it a bit, I don't think that's it. To be honest the source of this one is really eluding me?? Still working on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loneliness

Its a pretty subjective word :D, I think technically it fits well with kidneys, but it could also be used to describe feelings associated with any of the five elements/organs.

I think you make a good point, as it depends on what is causing you to feel lonely and how you experience it. After my last post I sat down for a good while and went through all my organs since I was having a hard time pinning where I was feeling this down. After doing so I found probably the most relevant feeling of loneliness for my experience was in my lungs. I suppose this makes sense as the feeling of loneliness is a rather sad one, and additionally after working on my lungs I did feel better to a degree.

I think you make a good point, as it depends on what is causing you to feel lonely and how you experience it. After my last post I sat down for a good while and went through all my organs since I was having a hard time pinning where I was feeling this down. After doing so I found probably the most relevant feeling of loneliness for my experience was in my lungs. I suppose this makes sense as the feeling of loneliness is a rather sad one, and additionally after working on my lungs I did feel better to a degree.

I would agree with that... loneliness is kind of a sadness, and if explored for ME is like 'I'll never find anyone' or something like that. Cause it's like it's without hope or some such.. but thats for me.

Which sounds lungs to me.

Furthermore, fear is a more acute emotion, and loneliness occurs to me as like a sinking despair or grief. Maybe heart too?

As I think about this, I'll bet you could identify what organ is what based on the quality of the emotion.

John

Edited by JohnC

I would agree with that... loneliness is kind of a sadness, and if explored for ME is like 'I'll never find anyone' or something like that. Cause it's like it's without hope or some such.. but thats for me.

Which sounds lungs to me.

Furthermore, fear is a more acute emotion, and loneliness occurs to me as like a sinking despair or grief. Maybe heart too?

As I think about this, I'll bet you could identify what organ is what based on the quality of the emotion.

John

The best I can come up with so far is that its a combination of lungs and heart, as I've continued working on this. Lungs cause you feel sad about being lonely, and heart cause you feel cut off from love and social interaction. I also have a strong suspicion that there is a chicken and egg effect going on. What I mean by that is I think that if you have issues about loneliness in your heart and lungs for example that not only will you feel lonely, but you also will have a behavior pattern and vibe that causes you to be more isolated from people as well. So I am thinking that once you deal with this internal problem of feeling lonely )which affects the other world causing you to be alone, thus validating your feeling) then you will not only feel less lonely you will probably be less alone as well as you interact with people easier and more naturally, and they in turn feel easier about being around you as well. I say this cause I've noticed this cause and effect cycle with other organs and issues in the past too.

*edit: I found this and it pretty much confirms what I had said above.

A popular dream, which many people hold, is one of finding their perfect life partner – a soul mate – who will love them totally and unconditionally through out their whole life.

Unfortunately this dream is often unachievable because it is a universal law that we cannot receive from another person what we are not prepared to first give to ourselves. To be loved totally and unconditionally by another person, first we must learn to love ourselves totally and unconditionally, and there are no exceptions to this rule.

So if we want to change and evolve our relationships we must first start with ourselves.

Once we accept this, then all the relationships in our lives – parents, children, friends, even the petty tyrant at work – can teach us something about our ability to love and nurture ourselves.

This course is designed to help those people who find themselves with an absence of love in their lives, or whose relationships leave something to be desired, or who just want to live and express more love, no matter to whom it is directed.

As you begin to hold new, more positive images and thoughts about yourself, beliefs which support your ability to love and nurture yourself, the relationships in your life can only change for the better.

The Soul Relationships Process

The process of Soul Relationships – the process of visualising and affirming what you want to happen in your life and then using your Meridian System to become magnetic to positive and empowering relationships – can be broken down into two fundamental energy skills:

Skill 1: Radiating Feelings, Radiating Frequencies

Your Heart Protector Meridian controls which feelings and frequencies you radiate into your inner world, and your Triple Warmer Meridian controls which feelings and frequencies you radiate out to your external world.

When you allow yourself to radiate positive and empowering feelings and frequencies both within and without, the universe will start to reflect back to you relationships and forms which match the vibration which you are radiating. This is often referred to as the Law of Attraction.

Healing Mandala 4

Skill 2: Energy Threads

Within the Meridian system, different Meridians are responsible for different aspects of your relationships:

Heart Meridian – Inspiration & Expression

Heart Protector Meridian – Intimacy & Boundaries

Lung Meridian – Ability to Hold & Maintain Relationships, and Release & Dissolve them when the time is right

When you work with these Meridians, and evolve the Energy Threads which they generate, you will change the nature and quality of your relationships at a deep level.

Energy Threads are the energeric resonances / vibrations which link and connect us to all the people in our lives, supporting and maintaining these relationships.

The Soul Relationships process has been designed so you can easily learn these skills in 2 days, focusing on the relationships which you would like to evolve / manifest in your life.

My link

Edited by dmattwads

Hmm Kidney -> liver

And lungs -> kidney

Not sure..

John

I think I may have been a little hasty to discredit that link lol, cause now I am doing the triple warmer sound and I'm finding lots of junk relating to loneliness and stuff like that. I guess I was just not patient enough before to give it a chance to work, and to connect to it.

Something else I discovered that is kind of what I'd call a secondary reaction to loneliness would be the stress about it found in the liver. Since the liver is the organ that deals with frustration, stress, ect... feeling this way about feeling lonely can further compound the problem, making one feel even worse about something that is already bothering them. Of course it does not have to be only loneliness, but what ever primary issue us bothering you, the stress response and frustration about the issue is going to affect the liver, and then the liver will just add to the bad feelings about what ever it is. In my case today I spent a significant amount of time on my heart, pericardium, triple warmer meridians due to their relationship to loneliness. After wards I noticed that I did not feel quite so lonely, but that I still did not feel so good either. At this point I was confused because I could not understand why I would still feel bad if I no longer felt quite as lonely as before. It was when I realized the secondary stress response in my liver and worked on that with the inner smile and healing sounds that I felt pretty good finally. Perhaps it could be seen as the heart (fire) burning up all the wood (liver), and the lungs (metal, as they are also involved in this) subduing wood.