zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

I recently had my ex and her 8 year old daughter staying here . She is a gem .... and loves martial arts .  When I was with mom , I showed her some sword patterns so I had someone to practice with  when we went away on a trip , or we stayed together .    Eventually, she started scoring points on me !  :angry:   

:D 

They turned up with bokens , apparently mum has been teaching daughter .  Anyway , we had fun , she was in awe re my 'weapons wall' in the shed .  Anyway, here is the bit that made me laugh .

She is a cute little thing ....  during lunch , she looks at me hopefully  :   " After lunch .......  can we have a machete   *  fight  ?  " 

Me :   "  Sure sweetie !  "  

:D  

* they are wooden

• Haha 1

Buridian‘s Ass was the donkey imagined by medieval philosopher Jean Buridian.

The donkey had no reason to choose between two identical bales of hay and so starved to death, unable to make a decision.

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

FB_IMG_1690212629816.jpg.2ec85b4b2d5b6fd

That's hilarious though my recent experience suggests that very few people say they don't trust science.  It's very common, on the other hand, for people to say, accusingly, that other people don't trust science.  (My apologies for this curmudgeonly and unhumorous observation; I'll try to do better next time.)

Edited by liminal_luke

I dont have trust in science and use various  science  every day  .... I dont run on trust but on hope .....

hope my car makes it up the coast .... hope my own phone isnt spying on me  .....   hope computer doesnt crash ..... hope my parachute opens ......  hope the doctor knows whats going on and gave me the right pills .

I go fully vegan sometimes but confess that I like plants way more than I like animals.

FB_IMG_1690725077724.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PBF_spacecats.png

7 minutes ago, oak said:

I go fully vegan sometimes but confess that I like plants way more than I like animals.

I've been vegetarian for several years now and find the idea of eating land meat gross, but I still crave fish and seafood.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, silent thunder said:

Irony: Using a device that transmits inordinate amounts of complex information tens of thousands of miles through the air via antennas

edumacated peeps do not understand the diff between 'science' (which is an ideological figment) and technology which is real useful things. they disingenuously cheat pretending that science is technology.  maybe they are clueless of the fact that technology been existing for millennia before 'science'. maybe they do not know the meaning of 'irony'.  maybe they reason in zippy soundbites.

(whatever it is they make me laugh everyday)

Edited by Taoist Texts

20 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

edumacated peeps do not understand the diff between 'science' (which is an ideological figment) and technology which is real useful things. they disingenuously cheat pretending that science is technology.  maybe they are clueless of the fact that technology been existing for millennia before 'science'. maybe they do not know the meaning of 'irony'.  maybe they reason in zippy soundbites.

sometimes peeps overthink also...  particularly edumacated ones it seems.

sometimes... other stuff occurs also.

is it a big universe.  i enjoy this tech stuff... sometimes.

The irony of spending the first half of your life trying to have less interest in sex and the second half trying to have more 😱😭🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, liminal_luke said:

That's hilarious though my recent experience suggests that very few people say they don't trust science.  It's very common, on the other hand, for people to say, accusingly, that other people don't trust science.  (My apologies for this curmudgeonly and unhumorous observation; I'll try to do better next time.)

99.9% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real AND significantly impacted by human behavior, an unprecedented concordance. And their conclusions are in opposition to the interests of the deepest pockets on the planet… About 30-40% of Americans don’t believe them. That lack of belief IMO is directly related to trust. Similar statistics regarding natural selection. People choose their paradigms and are skilled at reifying and defending them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

he said "I believe in science."  The unspoken message?  People who disagree with me do not believe in science.

of course. the operative word is believe. because science is a religion. the true believers vs heretics

42 minutes ago, steve said:

99.9% of climate scientists .... And their conclusions are in opposition to the interests of the deepest pockets on the planet…

this is a proof that science is a religion. because a religion is based not just on a belief. but on a belief in two conflicting truths. war is peace. climate scientists oppose their employers. god loves you.

9 hours ago, whocoulditbe? said:

PBF_spacecats.png

I've been vegetarian for several years now and find the idea of eating land meat gross, but I still crave fish and seafood.

Allow me  ; 

"   I've been ' vegetarian '   for several years now and find the idea of eating land meat gross, but I still crave fish and seafood."

What about land crabs ? 

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

Allow me  ; 

"   I've been ' vegetarian '   for several years now and find the idea of eating land meat gross, but I still crave fish and seafood."

What about land crabs ? 

I don't eat fish, I just crave them, unless you think the desire itself invalidates the abstinence? Never really liked crabs.

3 minutes ago, whocoulditbe? said:

I don't eat fish, I just crave them, unless you think the desire itself invalidates the abstinence? Never really liked crabs.

Ah .... My mistrake

oops, there I go again .

I was reading the thread about martial arts, and this popped up in my YouTube suggestions:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

from my middle-eastern friend ;

Women  ! You cant win !  I say to my girl friend , ' I have had no cocaine for 1 week , now is weekend ... party, but I have non ' . So, she pull out small little silver box and say ' Here, I have some , help yourself and she go to make coffee , So, I roll up note , sniff sniff, all a round little box and in corners , all one go !  She come back and I give box back... and she look in ' Where is cocaine ? "  I say , you tell me I can have it ? " She , ' All of it ... in one go ! That was my whole weekend's supply ... you idiot !  '

Women !   Ohhhh .... you finally do a good job of the vacuuming  .....  

A sweatshirt with the title and wording: 

Be kind to your mind: 

tune into the calmest and clearest frequency you can find!

It showed a television with an antenna and a brain. 

Less funnier was a shirt some other day with a three eyed smiley and the saying „Stop tripping!“ 

Edited by stellarwindbubble
That worked well today. Not at all.
  • Like 2