ralis

Censorship On The Dependent Origination Thread

Oh I dunno, he's taught me a lot about 'Robert the Bruce' the OBE guy. Actually I'm not sure I've got the name right, might be Bruce Boxleitner or Robert Bob, fuck I don't know. But in any case I do know that that guy is practically a God, and the final word on absolutely anything spiritual....or otherwise I should imagine.

That guy has a nice, public OBE tutorial. Whatever the guy thinks about himself, you don't have to take it seriously. You are God too anyway, so what is the big deal? :) I think Drew linked more things than just Bruce. When I was practicing my OBE, I've also used Bruce's material to help myself learn. While I didn't end up doing it exactly how he described it, I still benefited from it, so it wouldn't be right for me to say bad things about it.

Edited by goldisheavy

anything of this thread increase tao in you?

:)

Look at how Drew Hempel has been exiled

:blink: Drew was never "exiled" he could post now if he wanted to. He was suspended once a while ago, but has been back after that too.

re: other issues, please try to play nice with each other in Sean's house i.e. TTB Thanks :)

Platform Sutra

I was speaking with a nun today. She lives in a retirement building in a rough part of town.

She had some paintings she had been doing and one particular of a mountain.

She achieved enlightenment while painting this piece at a community center.

• Like 2

That guy has a nice, public OBE tutorial. Whatever the guy thinks about himself, you don't have to take it seriously. You are God too anyway, so what is the big deal? :) I think Drew linked more things than just Bruce. When I was practicing my OBE, I've also used Bruce's material to help myself learn. While I didn't end up doing it exactly how he described it, I still benefited from it, so it wouldn't be right for me to say bad things about it.

I didn't actually mean Robert the Bruce Gold, I meant alwayson's constant promotion of the guy to the exclusion of all other teachings/teachers of anything even remotely spiritual/metaphysical.

I'm sure Robert the Bruce has some valid teachings, especially about Scotland.

I was rather partial to Drew. He's a one of a kind. I miss his perving stories.

• Like 3

"I was rather partial to Drew. He's a one of a kind. I miss his perving stories."

I miss him explaining what to do about pervs. :ninja:

I recall the situation when Drew was temp-banned, I'm aware he can still post, but he hasn't been by regularly in many months. I meant to say a sort of "self-imposed exile", as us seekers are prone to. It has been said he brought in meaningful conversation here, at times; which is a loss to us, now that he stays away (if only because of his own principles).

Yes, there is still his blog, but he disabled its comments. We can read his monographs, but not participate in the interesting spontaneity of it all.

At least GiH is still around, keeping it real, saying how it is. My comments were to bring a light to how people can be discouraged, stifled even, by overbearing leadership. A light touch, and all that.

I think the censorship was unnecessary but the comment (Gold's censored post) was an ill-advised, temper tantrum. People want everything at once and don't have the patience to work towards certain things.

I still stand by his right to say it though.

Edited by The Observer
  • Like 2

all people are equally worthy

Cool avatar. All people are equally worthy in potential, but not actuality as people have to develop their potential first. All people are equally worthy but for different things as well. Let's just be practical here.

If you want secret teachings from masters, you're going to have to work for them. Just like if you want to learn the higher maths, you're going to have to learn the lower. It's the same with learning to be a master chef, there is a process to undergo before one gets to learn the really interesting stuff.

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 3

Cool avatar. All people are equally worthy in potential, but not actuality as people have to develop their potential first. All people are equally worthy but for different things as well. Let's just be practical here.

If you want secret teachings from masters, you're going to have to work for them. Just like if you want to learn the higher maths, you're going to have to learn the lower. It's the same with learning to be a master chef, there is a process to undergo before one gets to learn the really interesting stuff.

I studied the higher level math without taking lower level courses. Somehow it just made sense. There are many who do the same in the spiritual realms. I went straight to Thogal with very little rudimentary instruction.

Cat has been at it again. She censored Sunya's post and the reason is an exclamation point. What the hell is going on here! If she is truly a teacher, then she should know better. Yesterday she implied therapy might help me. When I questioned that, there was no reply.

:) Hi Ralis. You can take this up with Sunya if you want to know what was going on, he'll tell you if he wants to. He and I dont have any beef with each other. Not even chicken, nor veggie burgers.

I havent figured out your sense of humour yet Ralis.

My joke 'therapy can help' was in response to your comment about 1984 having an affected you, if you recall.

I didnt want to censor my humour. That would be evil.

Cat has been at it again. She censored Sunya's post and the reason is an exclamation point. What the hell is going on here! If she is truly a teacher, then she should know better. Yesterday she implied therapy might help me. When I questioned that, there was no reply.

Would you rather site policies were more strictly enforced and bans handed out instead of a mod going in and removing the F word where it was a very disrespectful usage?

I'm all for having things be free flowing, but dont freakin insult anybody's master(s) like that.

I can sympathize with GiH's assertion that there shouldnt be any secrecy, but at the same time, some of the practices that I have been shown absolutely require a measure of secrecy because if you dont have the foundation for it, if you practice haphazardly or incorrectly, it is possible to seriously damage yourself - so that is not a matter of "withholding information" just because I (or whomever mandated the secrecy) feel that it should be controlled or only given to limited people, it is more a matter of dont give a toddler a lighter and a can of hair spray because the most likely thing that will happen is he'll burn the goddam house down, if he doesnt burn his face off first!

• Like 3

I can sympathize with GiH's assertion that there shouldnt be any secrecy, but at the same time, some of the practices that I have been shown absolutely require a measure of secrecy because if you dont have the foundation for it, if you practice haphazardly or incorrectly, it is possible to seriously damage yourself - so that is not a matter of "withholding information" just because I (or whomever mandated the secrecy) feel that it should be controlled or only given to limited people, it is more a matter of dont give a toddler a lighter and a can of hair spray because the most likely thing that will happen is he'll burn the goddam house down, if he doesnt burn his face off first!

I think that this is important enough for me to speak to it.

In Native American tradition one does not go one a 'spiritual quest' alone. They have either a medicine man or woman in attendance and they guide the devotee through the quest so that they do not loose their way and their mind.

There is a Taoist ritual, I forget which one, where one does not undertake it on their own as there is the possibility for both physical and mental damage.

I do agree that where one could harm themself it is important to have or have had proper instruction.

There are other things, like our governments keeping secrets from the citizens, that I think is just wrong. Our governments should be required to tell us what they are doing so that we can know what to expect.

:) Hi Ralis. You can take this up with Sunya if you want to know what was going on, he'll tell you if he wants to. He and I dont have any beef with each other. Not even chicken, nor veggie burgers.

I havent figured out your sense of humour yet Ralis.

My joke 'therapy can help' was in response to your comment about 1984 having an affected you, if you recall.

I didnt want to censor my humour. That would be evil.

Of course it had an effect! That is why I advocate free speech for all. No exceptions!

I seriously don't get it. You come to someone else's home and demand that the owner impersonate the government, by granting or denying constitutional rights?..

In my home, a visitor who would insult me, my loved ones, or my cats would get thrown out. The neighbors swear freely and insult each other, their dog, and their visitors. However, they don't come to MY house to demand I do likewise. Which is why they do come across as far more sensible human beings than some of our resident, um, freedom-of-insults fighters?..

Ralis, do you regularly visit your neighbors to demand free speech in their houses? THEIR home, YOUR definition of free speech? GIH, do you? Just curious. Is it an ongoing campaign of yours? Then, um... while at it... have you visited the BP oil spill site demanding that the journalists be given free access to the sites they were denied access to? Have you taken it up with the FDA that a healer who says "I can cure arthritis even though I'm not an MD" shouldn't go to jail? Have you voiced your concerns when the leading genetic scientist was fired for saying that he found GM potatoes harmful for human health? Or even... let's take on a smaller target... have you asked Coca-Cola to disclose their secret ingredient protected under trade secret laws? What have been your freedom fighter accomplishments to date, besides righteous indignation over Sean's online house etiquette which does not include free insults for all? Inquiring minds want to know...

• Like 1

Would you rather site policies were more strictly enforced and bans handed out instead of a mod going in and removing the F word where it was a very disrespectful usage?

I'm all for having things be free flowing, but dont freakin insult anybody's master(s) like that.

As far as I am concerned, I take responsibility for my own progress in spiritual matters. I am not interested in having some parent figure holding my hand through rough times. As far as others taking responsibility for the hazards of spiritual development, if they get burnt, then maybe something will be learned in the process.

There is too much rhetoric coming from the teacher hierarchy in regards to karmic ties and potentially causing problems for the unprepared. It is the fault of the teachers in their self created hierarchy that is causing these problems. For instance, the educated monastic class in Tibet refused to educate the peasant working class and if someone from the illiterate peasant class wished to receive a given practice then the potential recipient was given the lung to practice a lower form. That is abuse and the same attitude is inherent in the Lamaist hierarchy towards outsiders.

Joe if you need a parent to lead you along, great! However, let others follow their own desire!

I seriously don't get it. You come to someone else's home and demand that the owner impersonate the government, by granting or denying constitutional rights?..

In my home, a visitor who would insult me, my loved ones, or my cats would get thrown out. The neighbors swear freely and insult each other, their dog, and their visitors. However, they don't come to MY house to demand I do likewise. Which is why they do come across as far more sensible human beings than some of our resident, um, freedom-of-insults fighters?..

Ralis, do you regularly visit your neighbors to demand free speech in their houses? THEIR home, YOUR definition of free speech? GIH, do you? Just curious. Is it an ongoing campaign of yours? Then, um... while at it... have you visited the BP oil spill site demanding that the journalists be given free access to the sites they were denied access to? Have you taken it up with the FDA that a healer who says "I can cure arthritis even though I'm not an MD" shouldn't go to jail? Have you voiced your concerns when the leading genetic scientist was fired for saying that he found GM potatoes harmful for human health? Or even... let's take on a smaller target... have you asked Coca-Cola to disclose their secret ingredient protected under trade secret laws? What have been your freedom fighter accomplishments to date, besides righteous indignation over Sean's online house etiquette which does not include free insults for all? Inquiring minds want to know...

You really missed the point. Demanding and advocating are two different terms. I usually carefully parse my words. I said I advocate free speech for all. Please read my post. There is no way I can force free speech here except to speak up for it. Further, we were discussing secret teachings in the context of censorship. To bring in extraneous points such as BP, neighbors and Coca Cola is way off topic

The idea that this is Sean's house is preposterous.

In terms of my posts, I critique what others write and do not engage in ad hominem attacks.

I have seen you in the past write that you had your Taoist sword unsheathed when engaged in some moderator action. Some may be offended by that.

Who are the inquiring minds?

• Like 1

Ralis, you said;

The idea that this is Sean's house is preposterous.

Your assertion is preposterous.

It IS in FACT Sean's website. It is not a democracy. There are simple rules.

I am continually amazed at how much time is spent WHINING about the rules.

Get over it. There are moderators and there are rules. If you don't like it, LEAVE.

Have a nice day.

Craig

• Like 10

Yeah babay!! Saw them live at Lalapalooza 2 in Arizona back in 94'? I think, or... yes... maybe yes... 94'.

Anyway... YAY!!! P-FUUUUUUNK!!!

• Like 1