TheJourney

I think I just experienced enlightenment

I would just keep in mind psychics tell you what they think you want to hear. They don't get paid to tell you that you were a serf in the middle ages or King Edward's butler. My father was a conman. He used to enter a town, borrow as much money as he could from as many people as he could, then high tail it for someplace else. I learned early on to spot the liars and the fakes, sadly all the psychics I've met are fakes.

Aaron, there are all kinds of different psychic people. Once I went to a psychic fair and tried a pzychic tarot reader for hire. I didn't include what he said, although I could tell he was definitely spooked when I left, and he said some things, which included: "Careful, Satan will try to trick you, because if he does it will be a bigger coup for him." I didn't mention that one. That just came out of the blue, I didn't 'prime' him for it.

The ones I menitoned are from some high level shamanic people I've known, who mentioned them as incidentals, and I wasn't paying them for that.

Maybe some psychics respond differently to different customers.

And then there was one famous psychic in Oregon. My brother hired him to look at my picture for a half hour, and I got a half hour recording out of it for a Birthday present. I'm not saying anything about what was in that.

Edited by Starjumper7

OMG like..this one time...

I SAW A DRAGON!!!

AM I NOT SPECIAL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had like gills and stuff!!!

Sorry Lucky. That was likely a salamander. Oh well.

Aaron, there are all kinds of different psychic people. Once I went to a psychic fair and tried a pzychic tarot reader for hire. I didn't include what he said, although I could tell he was definitely spooked when I left, and he said some things, which included: "Careful, Satan will try to trick you, because if he does it will be a bigger coup for him." I didn't mention that one. That just came out of the blue, I didn't 'prime' him for it.

The ones I menitoned are from some high level shamanic people I've known, who mentioned them as incidentals, and I wasn't paying them for that.

Maybe some psychics respond differently to different customers.

And then there was one famous psychic in Oregon. My brother hired him to look at my picture for a half hour, and I got a half hour recording out of it for a Birthday present. I'm not saying anything about what was in that.

Actually no. A psychic learns early on to read the body language and pay attention to the inflection of his customer (/mark). They are also aware of the general fundamentals of human nature. When applicable and available, they will make use of research, studying their mark as much as they can, so that they can tell the customer (/mark) what they wants to hear.

For instance a psychic can tell you this, "I can tell that you have a great deal of spiritual power. You were once a great man in a previous life. You were a king of many lands and people feared you. Wait! Wait I'm getting something else, there's a force following you, watching you! They watch you because they know you are a great power. You must be careful you do not stray from the path!"

Now compare that with... I can tell by the way that you play with your wedding ring, that you're stressed about something, most likely your marriage, so I'll just make a generalized comment about your wife and see what pops or if you're clothes are disheveled, you haven't shaved in a week, and you're talking in a pressured way, I would say that you are probably alone, but you don't want to be alone (who really does). I'll make a general comment that I see you meeting someone, a grey haired woman named Mary(/Lisa/Susan/etc. the most popular baby names from the sixties). She'll need your help, it's very important that you help her (fail safe remark, since she doesn't need to request your help and if you do meet her, you will either feel like she needs your help or be too shy to help, either way, I can put the blame on you). From what I can tell you are really into new age stuff, so I'll make some comments about spiritual energy, balance, and such, make sure to stroke your ego and make you feel powerful. I'll keep track of your responses, physical cues and vocal cues, to see which way to go... and viola, I'm psychic."

Anyways, that's just the easy stuff. A good psychic will be able to notice a lot more than that. Actually the Mentalist does a pretty good job of exposing a lot of the tricks.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

TheJourney,

To cut through a lot of layers and trash: You are making your first step on the road. Enlightenment is a process, your are not enlightened. We cannot understand reality with logic games only hard effort meditating with a teacher's help for months at a time: where you are no longer perceiving things in a normal turned off human condition.

We all know that reality is not assessed with the dualistic concept of being truth or no truth.

So got to start more work meditating.

TF

• Like 1

IMO, Enlightenment is not a destination. It is a process. I believe these types of experiences are merely interesting stops along the way. Enjoy it, then move on to the next one...

• Like 2

Actually no. A psychic learns early on to read the body language and pay attention to the inflection of his customer (/mark). They are also aware of the general fundamentals of human nature. When applicable and available, they will make use of research, studying their mark as much as they can, so that they can tell the customer (/mark) what they wants to hear.

For instance a psychic can tell you this, "I can tell that you have a great deal of spiritual power. You were once a great man in a previous life. You were a king of many lands and people feared you. Wait! Wait I'm getting something else, there's a force following you, watching you! They watch you because they know you are a great power. You must be careful you do not stray from the path!"

Now compare that with... I can tell by the way that you play with your wedding ring, that you're stressed about something, most likely your marriage, so I'll just make a generalized comment about your wife and see what pops or if you're clothes are disheveled, you haven't shaved in a week, and you're talking in a pressured way, I would say that you are probably alone, but you don't want to be alone (who really does). I'll make a general comment that I see you meeting someone, a grey haired woman named Mary(/Lisa/Susan/etc. the most popular baby names from the sixties). She'll need your help, it's very important that you help her (fail safe remark, since she doesn't need to request your help and if you do meet her, you will either feel like she needs your help or be too shy to help, either way, I can put the blame on you). From what I can tell you are really into new age stuff, so I'll make some comments about spiritual energy, balance, and such, make sure to stroke your ego and make you feel powerful. I'll keep track of your responses, physical cues and vocal cues, to see which way to go... and viola, I'm psychic."

Anyways, that's just the easy stuff. A good psychic will be able to notice a lot more than that. Actually the Mentalist does a pretty good job of exposing a lot of the tricks.

Aaron

It's nice to get advice from someone who is such an expert on psychic abilities.

:blink:

Next try it with your blinders and ear plugs removed.

On second thought, go away.

Edited by Starjumper7
  • Like 1

It's nice to get advice from someone who is such an expert on psychic abilities.

:blink:

Next try it with your blinders and ear plugs removed.

On second thought, go away.

Hello Starjumper,

I'm not saying that there aren't psychics, I'm just saying I've never met anyone who had any kind of supernatural ability that wasn't proved to be a fraud. My advice is that most of them are out to stroke your ego so they can get money out of you, after all that's usually how they make their money.

Aaron

No gills, sorry. It was very interesting to have a dragon come and see me, but I never cared much about any of that stuff. Later I came to suspect that it was the Taoist god, and things have gotten more 'interesting' lately.

As far as me being special is concerned, there's no doubt I'm special in some ways (like I'm the only person to ever score 100% on the Chrysler Corporation mechanical aptitude test even though all the engineers, mechanics, and executives who ever worked there also took it ... in addition to a bunch of other things) but not special in other ways.

I've been told a few interesting things about meeself by a few psychic people though. One said they could see a strong beam of violet light going out my head top, and that was before I did much chi kung. Another psychic, who specialized in past lives told me that I was afraid of my power because I was the one who offed Atlantis. Another very psychic person told me I was a Guardian, as if that was significant, but I have no idea what guardians are supposed to do or who or what I'm supposed to be guarding, not that I care much. I feel like I'll be lucky if I can save my own ass ... and I have plans for that.

So anyway, pffft, who cares. My power is increasing fast lately and sometimes I get this feeling like I'm meant to do something and I'm being watched =) but I would rather run off to the wilderness with a couple of hot women.

Anyway, concerning my new buddy, Mr. Dragon. I think it would be kind of neat if there was some artist or painter in the crowd here that could paint what I saw if I described it better. I'm an artist, I should give it a whirl.

Wow. Good for you. You're so special.

:rolleyes:

Just another piece of rolling dirt in the vast universe.

I feel like I'll be lucky if I can save my own ass ... and I have plans for that.

You have plans for your ass? I'd rather not know. The dragon story was much better.

Since we're all here I was wondering if enlightenment was an animal what animal would it be?

In my own answer to the question I first thought it could be any animal, as they are perfectly natural, then I realized that followed the Daoist way and not the Buddhist way. The Buddhist way I suppose would be that the animal would be able to see and experience to some degree all his/her past/future lifetimes and be at one with all the other animals. Now I can't say for sure if an animal does or does not experience this all the time, as I can't remember being an animal; but I suspect not as it would give a lion serious problems when hunting a zebra, I mean you wouldn't be as partial to eating zebra if when you did you were hurting yourself would you.

Then I started wondering if an animals micro-cosmic orbit is open (maybe someone could chime in on this), or if they even have one. Then I wondered if they do have a micro-cosmic orbit can they become K active? They should be able to if they have a dantien and a micro-cosmic orbit. What would a K active dog look like or do for example?

Too many questions and not enough answers. If anyone K active out there has a dog (or cat or budgerigar) please feel free to give it a whirl. You never know, he may become a God amongst dogs. And God is Dog spelt backwards after all, so there may be something in it.

edit/ps: I just realized if enlightenment was an animal it would have to be a lama!!!! :lol:

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Wow. Good for you. You're so special.

:rolleyes:

Just another piece of rolling dirt in the vast universe.

Yep, and I didn't even tell you about the cool stuff.

You have plans for your ass? I'd rather not know.

Good, because I was planning on not telling.

The dragon story was much better.

You like stories? OK. I was thinking of telling more stories.

It was a dark and stormy night ... just kidding, it was dark, and my eyes were closed, which made it darker. I had been sitting for a little while (it was during the tail end of the time I was ranting about demons around here so the first second I thought maybe it was one of them) when the face came to me. It was gray colored with yellow eyes, the irises were round and the yellow parts had many radial striations. The eyes were at the sides of the head, not the top and they looked forward, not to the side, and they were intelligent eyes, and seemed wise and friendly.

It had a frill somewhat like this:

dilophosaurus%5B1%5D.jpg

but the frill went all around the top and sides of the head and not the bottom part. It was also gray in color with some faint violet-gray accents around the edges and spines. The frill was laid back and not aggressively expanded like in the picture, but it was big, receding endlessly and then vanishing in the foggy roiling darkness. Like a giant crown - that could be flared open in a flash. Antenna!

The mouth was closed and the nose end was more vertical than horizontal, indicating big teeth, like the feller in the picture. The lips and nostrils had larger scales and the lips, nostrils, and eyes had the same violet/purplish gray color that the frill had, like a band that varied geonetrically with the shape of the scales around the edges.

The head was about 3 times wider and higher than a human head, and much longer of course; it appeared to be about 6 feet away, and it's eyes were level with my eyes (not looking down).

edited to add details

Edited by Starjumper7

Good, because I was planning on not telling.

You like stories? OK. I was thinking of telling more stories.

It was a dark and stormy night ... just kidding, it was dark, and my eyes were closed, which made it darker. I had been sitting for a little while (it was during the tail end of the time I was ranting about demons around here so the first second I thought maybe it was one of them) when the face came to me. It was gray colored with yellow eyes, the irises were round and the yellow parts had many radial striations. The eyes were at the sides of the head, not the top and they looked forward, not to the side, and they were intelligent eyes, and seemed wise and friendly.

It had a frill somewhat like this:

dilophosaurus%5B1%5D.jpg

but the frill went all around the top and sides of the head and not the bottom part. It was also gray in color with some faint violet-gray accents around the edges and spines. The frill was laid back and not aggressively expanded like in the picture, but it was big, receding endlessly and then vanishing in the foggy roiling darkness. Like a giant crown - that could be flared open in a flash. Antenna!

The mouth was closed and the nose end was more vertical than horizontal, indicating big teeth, like the feller in the picture. The lips and nostrils had larger scales and the lips, nostrils, and eyes had the same violet/purplish gray color that the frill had, like a band that varied geonetrically with the shape of the scales around the edges.

The head was about 3 times wider and higher than a human head, and much longer of course; it appeared to be about 6 feet away, and it's eyes were level with my eyes (not looking down).

edited to add details

I do like stories! But was that it? No 'what happened next'? No 'happily ever after', and no princess in distress needing to be saved?

I'm assuming that was just a teaser, although it was a wonderfully descriptive description I think you need some work on your plotline. Unless it was an arthouse story, in which case I can say nothing.

Come on, what happened next???? Tell tell tell!

Hello Starjumper,

I'm not saying that there aren't psychics, I'm just saying I've never met anyone who had any kind of supernatural ability that wasn't proved to be a fraud. My advice is that most of them are out to stroke your ego so they can get money out of you, after all that's usually how they make their money.

Aaron

I think that "supernatural"abilities are actually natural,it is just being able to use of human potential more.

And I am sure there are fellow bums in here who are psychics to a different degrees.

Actually people are naturally very intuitive,but dont trust it and/or understand it due to socio/cultular conditioning.

• Like 1

What would a K active dog look like or do for example?

K active dog would have to have a bob haircut,other than that I dont know.

Interestingly,Lahiri Mahasay(Indian yogi from Kriya yoga lineage)was working on something similar to what you mention.It had to do being able to help animals to raise their councisness/speed up evolution in yogic way(probably through energy transmissions).However project remined unfinished,he said one of the difficulties is becouse their spine being horizontal.

I do like stories! But was that it? No 'what happened next'? No 'happily ever after', and no princess in distress needing to be saved?

I'm assuming that was just a teaser, although it was a wonderfully descriptive description I think you need some work on your plotline. Unless it was an arthouse story, in which case I can say nothing.

It was a dark and stormy night ...

Come on, what happened next???? Tell tell tell!

It was a dark and stormy night.

There was a flash of lightning - a shot rang out!

A woman's shrill scream ...

Did you ever hear what a mother sounds like after watching her daughter get shot in front of her eyes?

I have so many stories, I was thinking of starting a thread so I could keep them in one place on this forum.

Anyway, with the dragon thing ... if that's what it was, I suppose it could have been an alien.

Since my teacher told me to ignore visitors and since I had had some prior visits from some demons, I ignored the dragon really well. He/she/it left after about five seconds. You know, probably busy or something.

However I got the distinct impression that it was friendly and was one of the good guys in the white hats.

Not much happened for several months, till it came around again on ye olde choo-choo train of thoughts, and discussed it with my long time practice buddy, who is also a Taoist wizard. I described it to him and showed him the quick one minute sketch I made, and he was able to contact it right away. He was quite impressed, you know, like 8 on a 10 scale, and he said ...

Maybe I should start a new thread.

edited for spelling and to add more info.

Edited by Starjumper7

I think that "supernatural"abilities are actually natural,it is just being able to use of human potential more.

And I am sure there are fellow bums in here who are psychics to a different degrees.

Actually people are naturally very intuitive,but dont trust it and/or understand it due to socio/cultular conditioning.

I agree with your view. And these days I wonder that the atmosphere: that you should be ashamed to seek abilities which are god given to you, is not like a religion tactic of being shameful of the self?

Enlightenment has nothing to do with the thought process.

And as far as supernatural goes than what would you call this.

It was a dark and stormy night.

There was a flash of lightning - a shot rang out!

A woman's shrill scream ...

Did you ever hear what a mother sounds like after watching her daughter get shot in front of her eyes?

Man, I was really enjoying myself up to a mother watching her daughter getting shot! I like happy stories!! Happy happy happy!You have a macabre streak you do. You need a few more pink balloons, candy canes and the odd puppy... and don't even think about shooting the puppy!

I have so many stories, I was thinking of starting a thread so I could keep them in one place on this forum.

Anyway, with the dragon thing ... if that's what it was, I suppose it could have been an alien.

Since my teacher told me to ignore visitors and since I had had some prior visits from some demons, I ignored the dragon really well. He/she/it left after about five seconds. You know, probably busy or something.

However I got the distinct impression that it was friendly and was one of the good guys in the white hats.

Not much happened for several months, till it came around again on ye olde choo-choo train of thoughts, and discussed it with my long time practice buddy, who is also a Taoist wizard. I described it to him and showed him the quick one minute sketch I made, and he was able to contact it right away. He was quite impressed, you know, like 8 on a 10 scale, and he said ...

Maybe I should start a new thread.

edited for spelling and to add more info.

Well, if I remember rightly you did have that dragon thread months ago and you abandoned it. I was most disappointed.

It does sound like your own was benevolent. Had he not been you would have felt it distinctly. By the way, what was your friends 8 out of 10 scale all about? The more attractive the higher the score or what?

You made me remember one of mine from years ago, anyway, there I was out of my body minding my own business (I wasn't really minding my own business, I went next door to see if I could see the girl next door naked....I was fifteen at the time)when would you adam and eve it, I found a girl next door of altogether different proportions.

There she was, naked, lying on the floor, bare breasted and nubian in all her glory, with a 'come hither look' (she was writhing). The thing that was the most distinct about this naughty entity was she had a normally proportioned body (and a very fine one at that) except for her head, her head being about the same size as her torso, and shaped exactly like this...but without the hat: (how she ever balanced it I'll never know)

post-46635-129368021841_thumb.jpg

Anyway, what I should have probably taken more notice of, had I been able to see past those fantastically formed breasts, was her flashing red eyes. Never a good sign really, most certainly demonic...but I ask you, what would a 15 year old male do? I mean flashing red eyes or not...come on!

So of course I took the plunge! In any case she was probably some kind of succubus and dragged my soul off to the hell regions, I have no idea, although after that some rather nasty ones did start showing up each time I exited the physical for a while. So I guess the moral of the story is 'don't have sex with entities not of your own species'.....unless you really really can't help yourself at the time.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

K active dog would have to have a bob haircut,other than that I dont know.

Interestingly,Lahiri Mahasay(Indian yogi from Kriya yoga lineage)was working on something similar to what you mention.It had to do being able to help animals to raise their councisness/speed up evolution in yogic way(probably through energy transmissions).However project remined unfinished,he said one of the difficulties is becouse their spine being horizontal.

Well that's quite interesting. What about if you got the dog to sit up straight on a sofa? And does that mean dancing bears are more likely to achieve enlightenment? What about Koala bears? They spend most of their time tree hugging horizontal, are they more spiritual then? All I seem to end up with is more questions....where's Vaj when you need him...?

Vaj, oh Vaj, where for art thou Vaj? Surely he can shed some light on enlightened animals or the possibility thereof.

Man, I was really enjoying myself up to a mother watching her daughter getting shot! I like happy stories!! Happy happy happy!You have a macabre streak you do. You need a few more pink balloons, candy canes and the odd puppy... and don't even think about shooting the puppy!

Sorry, it just popped in there, but anyway, it wasn't screaming that ensued.

Yes I do need more pink. In fact due to a comment from a kung fu brother about a pink picture I have, I decided I need to put some off that pink on my web site!

You know the saying?: "Where you find music, light, and laughter you will find women." The same saying applies to sages.

Well, if I remember rightly you did have that dragon thread months ago and you abandoned it. I was most disappointed.

It does sound like your own was benevolent. Had he not been you would have felt it distinctly. By the way, what was your friends 8 out of 10 scale all about? The more attractive the higher the score or what?

I linked it in the post above for you.

You made me remember one of mine from years ago, anyway, there I was out of my body minding my own business (I wasn't really minding my own business, I went next door to see if I could see the girl next door naked....I was fifteen at the time)when would you adam and eve it, I found a girl next door of altogether different proportions.

Dang, now I'm jealous! How come everyone else gets to have all the fun? Don't give me any ideas, oops, too late. The old bait and switch tactic for psychic sex, which has got to be a lot better than cyber sex, whatever that is.

It sounds like you had an early wake up call, good for you, and I don't think you need to concern yourself about it, she probably just wanted some of that greasy kid stuff/energy.

So perhaps you still have a connection, and also a debt you can collect ... if you want to, could be interesting. I've heard that there is a thread that ties the two together for at least seven years.

Edited by Starjumper7

Well that's quite interesting. What about if you got the dog to sit up straight on a sofa? And does that mean dancing bears are more likely to achieve enlightenment? What about Koala bears? They spend most of their time tree hugging horizontal, are they more spiritual then? All I seem to end up with is more questions....where's Vaj when you need him...?

Vaj, oh Vaj, where for art thou Vaj? Surely he can shed some light on enlightened animals or the possibility thereof.

You can help them set up the appropriate secondary inner conditions for a future body able to house the state of enlightenment, basically a brain that's able to really self evaluate.

As far as an animal actually attaining the supreme state of total Buddhahood? I don't think so, not while in the body at least. They just don't have the brain capacity, though they have the mindstream which is more malleable, which is why I say that a highly evolved being can I think help an animal on their level to go deeper to a certain degree and maybe help them through the bardo of after death to a body of higher capacity or even possible liberation into a pure sambhogakaya form. I think it would depend upon how much baggage the mindstream of the animal has on an individual level, as they are as individual as we are.

Supposedly this is what the last Karmapa did for his birds and dog?

Supernatural is what it is. The reason being is that we humans are supposed to be supernatural. it's also refered to this 'supernatural' because its rare to see these things because of the society we live in that doesn't encourage extensive human development, but has a generation-seasioned, programmed knee jerk reaction against this logical reasoning. Times are changing slowly however...People these days have huge desires, where some have "tried" some extreme pursuits such as doing surgery to every part of their body (cyborg) to more widepread swinging in a despearate attempt to fill the void (pun intended), but are still remaining frustrated with true identity.

There will come a time where the focus is not to augument ourselves with technology and probably soon the chip(with built in internet/phone etc)- but we got it all inside. There's another problem with the non-conducive society and that their is also the out-right supression. Supression exists primarily in our religions across the sprecturm christian to buddhist etc.

i have some time to type on the forum, and i hope i spread the desire energy by typing. I'll contue this thread elsewhere.

As for animals, don't worry about them they got their own problems, one: being us who are out of balance.