TheJourney

I think I just experienced enlightenment

"Because all that exists is freedom."

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose.

Nothing ain't worth nothing but it free."

Words by KRIS KRISTOFFERSON and FRED FOSTER

But then, even if we do have things we can still be free as long as we do not attach ourselves to these things.

If you really experienced enlightenment:

1. Firstly you wouldn't be here.

2. Secondly, you wouldn't use words.

Still, I wish you the best in your practice.

:)

• Like 1

These are mental dogmas, as well as limitations placed upon the unlimited. You must have bad ideas about communication or the internet based upon your own personally subjective experience?

Plenty of masters use the internet as a medium of communication and transmission.

There is no inherent evil or inherent bad anywhere, and anyone who has experienced a glimpse of enlightenment knows this directly. Everything has the potential to be the vehicle for enlightenment... without limit! From the depths of hell to the hight of heaven!

• Like 1

3. Thirdly, and of course you don't know 1 & 2 for sure. :lol:;)

Om

These are mental dogmas, as well as limitations placed upon the unlimited. You must have bad ideas about communication or the internet based upon your own personally subjective experience?

Plenty of masters use the internet as a medium of communication and transmission.

There is no inherent evil or inherent bad anywhere, and anyone who has experienced a glimpse of enlightenment knows this directly. Everything has the potential to be the vehicle for enlightenment... without limit! From the depths of hell to the hight of heaven!

Everything is mental even the knowledge you have right now. ;) Keep working on your ego.

Everything is mental even the knowledge you have right now. ;) Keep working on your ego.

:lol:

Nope, it's far from merely mental. Thank years of meditation, chanting and selfless service practice for that!! Yes, that too can work for you!!

But yes,

I will keep working on my ego though. ^_^

A Buddha doesn't limit their compassion with an anti-internet forum mentality. Buddha of unlimited compassion and anti- this and that just doesn't mesh.

B)

But yes,

I will keep working on my ego though. ^_^

But remember, we are supposed to lessen our ego not build it up. Hehehe.

PS You have been doing great lately.

But remember, we are supposed to lessen our ego not build it up. Hehehe.

PS You have been doing great lately.

Once I really realized I was doing more bad than good, it was pretty easy to be more lenient and liberal... as all I really want to do is benefit! Not scare people.

I realized the only people that were liking my posts were mostly people who were already Buddhist to begin with. :blush::(

Thanks MH!! Love you too bro.

Some of you are placing limitations on what enlightenment means. Honestly after a little over a day I am rethinking how open I should be about things. I can't stand the negativity of people who want to judge and want to think enlightenment is impossible because they have some pre-conceived notion about what enlightenment is. ultimately you can't do anything to me, but I don't enjoy the endless doubt. I have nothing to prove to you.

Some of you are placing limitations on what enlightenment means.

You are the one who started this thread saying you think you are enlightened. Not any one of us. You are the one who outlined what it means.

Honestly after a little over a day I am rethinking how open I should be about things. I can't stand the negativity of people who want to judge and want to think enlightenment is impossible because they have some pre-conceived notion about what enlightenment is. ultimately you can't do anything to me, but I don't enjoy the endless doubt. I have nothing to prove to you.

I, I, I...

1) You still hold the concept of self, of "you" controlling. There fore you are not enlightened.

2) You still hold the concept of truths and non-truths, thinking in the paradigm of existence and non-existence. Therefore you are not enlightened.

3) You still hold concepts of others and their wills and the substantiality of their opinions and actions. Therefore you are not enlightened.

4) You have not demonstrated patience for the liberation of all beings (Oh my GOD a DAY!!! A Day and you get sick of questions! :o :o :o ) but rather states your attachments to your own wills for joy and pleasure. Therefore you are not enlightened.

5) You speak of an Ultimate and a universal entity manifesting as "you" therefore (according to Buddhism at least) you are not enlightened.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

He can't see, he doesn't want to see, he may be a troll, forget him.

Why don't you go back to giving people cancer.

Or delight in making little stars flikr and go WHOOOAAAA... :wub: :wub: mirracclllessss.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Maybe those of you who say an enlightened person wouldn't use the internet are right. The internet is way too full of negativity and hate. Noone cares. Everyone thinks they know everything. Noone wants to listen. Noone wants to discuss on an equal footing. I desire to help people, for now using the internet as a means, but there's been far too much hate. I'm thinking about giving it up.

I know nothing. Happy?

Why don't you actually reply to the contents of people's writings rather than seeing this as a who is "right" and who is "wrong" game? I'm not here to prove you wrong, I'm here to challenge your understandings and insights.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Maybe those of you who say an enlightened person wouldn't use the internet are right. The internet is way too full of negativity and hate. Noone cares. Everyone thinks they know everything. Noone wants to listen. Noone wants to discuss on an equal footing. I desire to help people, for now using the internet as a means, but there's been far too much hate. I'm thinking about giving it up.

No one is hating you. My god one day of a bit harsh words and you fold.

Oh yes, everyone thinks they know everything...LIKE YOU! No one wants to listen....LIKE YOU!!

You have yet to respond to any of the things that people have written from their perspective, but only your views. You can only phrase things under your own paradigm. You haven't considered ever that perhaps you may be wrong. Didn't you notice that?

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

...I can't stand the negativity of people who want to judge and want to think enlightenment is impossible because they have some pre-conceived notion about what enlightenment is.

Sorry if I made you think that way. But honestly enlightenment from the Buddhist & Daoist point of view needs to be experienced and there is no way of putting it into words. It is beyond any constructions you may have as a result of your physical, mental and karmic influences. In addition, attaining that state while living in society it is not possible due to the great influences you are exposed to.

Next time you come to the realization of how silly you are right now.....

I think I see what you're saying now L7S, what you're saying is that silliness is equal to enlightenment!!!

please, please do not send out stuff like this. Some idiot may actually believe you.

I believe him! My God.....I just had a revelation.... if I believe him that makes me an idiot.... and idiocy is = to silliness and silliness is = to enlightenment! I'm enlightened!!!

I had no idea. So.... this is what it feels like to be enlightened... I must say, I'm a bit disappointed, 'cos I don't feel any different to what I felt like 10 minutes ago. So this was what all the fuss was about?

I guess I should start teaching now, as that's considered the right thing to do when your enlightened like me. Ok, here's a go:

"You are silly, I am silly, we are all one expression of ultimate silliness, lo, behold a star struck upon a tuning fork, free biscuits for all"

How did I do? I think it's not bad for a first crack. I think I should practice a bit mind you. I would welcome any further questions that would enhance my enlightened status... sorry, I meant state.

I just recalled that here in the UK there used to be a biscuit company called "Peak Freans"

They obviously spelled their name wrong!

Ahhh, peak freans.... a fond memory from the time (about ten minutes ago) when I wasn't enlightened. It seems so far away now. You are the biscuit.

By the way, weren't peak freanes the 'el cheapo ones?? Custard creams and all that. I'd kill for a packet of malted milk right now let me tell 'ya! Obviously I wouldn't really now I'm enlightened, I'm just saying like.

Oh you get a car! I get a car! Everyone gets a car!

YOUR ARE THE CAR!!

656-peekfreenbiscuits.jpg

Frean at last, frean at last ....

Man, I was gonna use the Martin Luther king speech, but you did much better with it than I would have. You are silly! Therefore enlightened. At least within the confines of this thread. I'm sending you a silly transmission to aid you in your growth, as God knows you need it!

ps. I never saw peak Freanes looking as classy as in that picture. I'm pretty sure they were on the bottom shelf in Londis.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

the buddha used words. Words have no ultimate meaning, but they can be beneficial in waking up to the truth. Even though that truth is beyond words.

And I have no desire to have my understanding challenged, just like I have no desire to challenge your understanding. I am here to be happy, and this understanding makes me happy. If you think that my understanding will make you happy then great, if not then great, find your own happiness. My way of finding happiness is no more valid than any other way.

I have nothing to offer than you don't have to offer yourself. I implore you not to take my words as truth. My words have no truth. Only you can find truth.

Edited by TheJourney

Buddha used words? What you read online probably? OK then go an experience it, please.

If we follow what you read on the Internet, let me quote what two lamas of the Nyingma tradition have to say about enlightenment:

"...The primordial nature is beyond conceptions; it cannot be explained ...cannot be encompassed by words. Although you can say it is clarity and vastness, you cannot see it or touch it; it is beyond expression."

Sherab, Khenchen Palden and Dongyal, Khenpo Tsewang (2006). Opening to Our Primordial Nature.

better yet, someone just delete this thread. I want to fade away into the obscurity that we all share. I thought if I made myself known I would be in better position to help people. Clearly I have created more doubt than belief. Or, in actuality, more belief than doubt. So plese delete this thread. I'm not enlightened. Not anymore than you are.

Could you give us a background of your practice and a recent photo of yourself before I can judge any further.

Basically the proof is in the pudding. And please don't be offended, I am not trying to look down on you, OK? We are all in the same boat. :)

No one in here is more enlightened than what you are.

A little accomplishment every day counts more than claiming the whole kingdom.

Best of luck in your practice.

Edited by Gerard