TheJourney

I think I just experienced enlightenment

Could you give us a background of your practice and a recent photo of yourself before I can judge any further.

Basically the proof is in the pudding. And please don't be offended, I am not trying to look down on you, OK? We are all in the same boat. :)

No one in here is more enlightened than what you are.

A little accomplishment every day counts more than claiming the whole kingdom.

Best of luck in your practice.

Why does my background or what I look like matter? All there is is this moment. The past is simply a memory. What I look like has no bearing on what i'm saying.

And I agree we're all in the same boat. That's all i've been trying to say. We are all free. I have been trying to help people see that they already know the truth, whatever it is for them. I have been trying to help people see that this is their life, and they are free to enjoy it. My message has been almost nothing but misunderstood, so I just don't care to share it anymore. Not as a "message" like this thread was. I will post, but I have nothing I want you to understand. All I want is for you and everyone else to be happy. I'm not trying to define what happy is for you. Just be happy. That's all i want.

All I want is for you and everyone else to be happy. I'm not trying to define what happy is for you. Just be happy. That's all i want.

Then you have succeeded! Don't you think everyone was happy commenting on this thread? I know I was, so, you did succeed in your goal, just not the way you expected to.

I am happy! So that's a +1.

Seriously, don't worry what everyone thinks, just experience what you are experiencing.

You're dealing with a more densely inter-subjective medium here. Where this is more projection than reception.

It's just the way this medium is, in general, not in absolute. But mostly... if we all got together and talked in person in a controlled group of something like a round table... I'm sure the outcome would be more amicable.

:wub:

Just reading the words of a person, you need a preface a subject and a climax (or however it goes, it's been a while since I've studied this stuff). Which is why generally speaking, reading books is better than reading burps :P on a blog. Because we have a tendency to take things out of context that don't already have a context set up for them in the above mentioned format.

So, don't feel bad.

the buddha used words. Words have no ultimate meaning, but they can be beneficial in waking up to the truth. Even though that truth is beyond words.

And I have no desire to have my understanding challenged, just like I have no desire to challenge your understanding. I am here to be happy, and this understanding makes me happy. If you think that my understanding will make you happy then great, if not then great, find your own happiness. My way of finding happiness is no more valid than any other way.

I have nothing to offer than you don't have to offer yourself. I implore you not to take my words as truth. My words have no truth. Only you can find truth.

This is a discussion board. We're here to discuss. There's supposed to be passion here not some phony "oh you think this great pat pat pat" and "I'll think this pat pat pat." Ignoring people's views is actually insulting to them if they are serious, and you seem like a serious dude, so be expected to be challenged and argue, confirm, congratulate, support, also known as interact when you are here to find the "truth." Everyone has their ways of communicating, and yes I find this is very difficult on internet boards but I care about these things be done with some sincerity.

The one thing I believe everyone should have in their mind is the willingness to learn and challenge their held beliefs. The arrogance of stating "I am enlightened and will help everyone here be enlightened" is what I found offensive. Discuss, share your beliefs, be challenged, and who cares if some harsh words are thrown here and there.

In my perspective, it was a very close minded way to introduce yourself to a community of seekers and practitioners saying you have experienced enlightenment and now wish to free others. It speaks to your immaturity. I'm sorry if I've sounded too harsh or insulting, but if your words came out of my brain I would do the same to myself. I'm being as honest as I can be. Don't take this too personal.

I wish you the best.

:)

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 1

Why don't you go back to giving people cancer.

Or delight in making little stars flikr and go WHOOOAAAA... :wub: :wub: mirracclllessss.

:lol:

Hmm, you appear to be more complex than is at first apparent, I like that. Of course I only looked for a couple of seconds. =)

I haven't given anyone cancer ... yet ... and I'm fairly certain I don't want to teach that technique to anyone else, either.

Kung Fu BAAAAD!

More lost arts, tsk, tsk.

Edited by Starjumper7

Maybe those of you who say an enlightened person wouldn't use the internet are right. The internet is way too full of negativity and hate. Noone cares. Everyone thinks they know everything. Noone wants to listen. Noone wants to discuss on an equal footing. I desire to help people, for now using the internet as a means, but there's been far too much hate. I'm thinking about giving it up.

Hello Journey,

There is no hate here,only a lot of naughty children.And we are all in learning process or something.It is a fun therad.

Dont care what others think ,you keep to yourself and keep doing what you think it is the best.;):)

• Like 2

Hey Journey,

There's lots of great, nuanced replies on this page; I hope they help flesh out your understanding of the group.

I encourage you to see this thread as your experiment: "what happens when I announce my enlightenment in public like this"?

You can see the responses here as indication that the Tao Bums are a bunch of jerks, but I think that would be a mistake. Instead, you can just see this as a likely response, whenever you announce to the world "I am enlightened; let me show you the way".

Knowing the outcome of this experiment, does it help suggest to you how to refine your enlightened life? For example, you have just learned that being enlightened doesn't mean that you stop learning.

(Which means, of course, that all talk of "ultimate" this or that is silly, because there is no end to the learning that can be done. Why discuss the ultimate, if all that is real is the very next step?)

So, please, keep taking the next step into this new realm of your life, including allowing other people (and their reactions to you) to be part of the mystery that you embrace. As an enlightened person, you now know that you are 100% responsible for all of your actions, including your communication, and therefore you cannot blame others for not hearing you the way you intended.

And so on. Being enlightened is a huge responsibility, because there are no short-cuts anymore, no blame, no taking things personally, no resenting the world. All of those things are still tempting, but they represent the path back into delusion and confusion, so it is up to you to love the situation, as it is, and move forward as brightly and compassionately as possible.

And don't forget that whenever you set yourself above others (even in your understanding), that you are indulging in a lie. You do not know others' experiences or exploration; why would you ever assume that you were the one who was ahead? Let yourself be the wandering child, and you will never have to assume about others.

otis- I feel like I finally understand what is meant in taoism about making yourself dumb. I know nothing. I am very dumb now.

He who knows nothing, has nothing to share. He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.

Aaron

He who knows nothing, has nothing to share. He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.

Aaron

He who cuts the branch he sits on is a fool.

So is it true that there is no truth?

It's a paradox. The truth is a paradox. No way I could answer it would make sense, as far as the words go. You just have to try to understand what i'm getting at. Well, if you choose, lol :)

Interesting subject - "the truth".

Most of us like to talk about the truth. Something I have noticed though is that we mostly forget to define who's truth we are talking about. Anyone else's truth will likely be different from my truth.

But then, if we hold to no truths, we may never be right but we will never be wrong either.

Interesting subject - "the truth".

Most of us like to talk about the truth. Something I have noticed though is that we mostly forget to define who's truth we are talking about. Anyone else's truth will likely be different from my truth.

But then, if we hold to no truths, we may never be right but we will never be wrong either.

Thinking you're "right" is inherently being wrong. There is no single truth to life. Just be in the moment, and see what life is right now.

It's a paradox. The truth is a paradox. No way I could answer it would make sense, as far as the words go. You just have to try to understand what i'm getting at. Well, if you choose, lol :)

Hi TheJourney.

I think people do understand what you are getting at. And are just playing with it and asking you to go deeper. But actually if you just had an epiphany, and came here to celebrate and instead got a bit of a let down, you had a little lesson in What Happens When you Open the Oven Too Soon. Your insight may not be as cooked as it would be if you kept the oven closed for longer. Those in the business of transformation often keep their vessels closed while in process, to nurture the young flame against harsh winds so that what's cooking can mature.

Alternatively, you could get cooked further by the heat you experience here, if you see this place as a vessel which can cook your epiphany into something durable.

~either way,Happy end of 2010.:P

• Like 2

He who cuts the branch he sits on is a fool.

Hello Gold,

In my opinion, it is best not to put yourself in a situation where you need to sit on a branch.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Hmm, you appear to be more complex than is at first apparent, I like that. Of course I only looked for a couple of seconds. =)

I haven't given anyone cancer ... yet ... and I'm fairly certain I don't want to teach that technique to anyone else, either.

Kung Fu BAAAAD!

More lost arts, tsk, tsk.

OMG like..this one time...

I SAW A DRAGON!!!

AM I NOT SPECIAL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had like gills and stuff!!!

otis- I feel like I finally understand what is meant in taoism about making yourself dumb. I know nothing. I am very dumb now.

LEARN LEARN LEARN....

Gosh, always so dramatic to say YES I KNOW or NO I DON'T KNOW, HAPPY?

Just converse and discuss. Like cat says, nurture the fire. We have ways to go.

Hello TheJourney,

I thought you might be able to appreciate chapter 65 of the Tao Teh Ching. Here's Wu's translation-

In the old days, those who were well versed in the

practice of the Tao did not try to enlighten the

people, but rather to keep them in the state of simplicity.

For, why are the people hard to govern? Because they

are too clever! Therefore, he who governs his state

with cleverness is its malefactor; but he who governs

his state without resorting to cleverness is its

benefactor. To know these principles is to possess a

rule and a measure. To keep the rule and the measure

constantly in your mind is what we call Mystical

Virtue. Deep and far-reaching is Mystical Virtue! It

leads all things to return, till they come back to Great

Harmony!

-----

Aaron

Hello TheJourney,

I thought you might be able to appreciate chapter 65 of the Tao Teh Ching. Here's Wu's translation-

In the old days, those who were well versed in the

practice of the Tao did not try to enlighten the

people, but rather to keep them in the state of simplicity.

For, why are the people hard to govern? Because they

are too clever! Therefore, he who governs his state

with cleverness is its malefactor; but he who governs

his state without resorting to cleverness is its

benefactor. To know these principles is to possess a

rule and a measure. To keep the rule and the measure

constantly in your mind is what we call Mystical

Virtue. Deep and far-reaching is Mystical Virtue! It

leads all things to return, till they come back to Great

Harmony!

-----

Aaron

Very interesting! I guess that's the natural conclusion of my thoughts...

Dang. You go away fer a few days and come back and suddenly someone is enlightened. Pfff :P

Now, just be careful what you do with that :)

I say "congratulations" to whoever it was and may the road rise up to yer back and...

OMG like..this one time...

I SAW A DRAGON!!!

AM I NOT SPECIAL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had like gills and stuff!!!

No gills, sorry. It was very interesting to have a dragon come and see me, but I never cared much about any of that stuff. Later I came to suspect that it was the Taoist god, and things have gotten more 'interesting' lately.

As far as me being special is concerned, there's no doubt I'm special in some ways (like I'm the only person to ever score 100% on the Chrysler Corporation mechanical aptitude test even though all the engineers, mechanics, and executives who ever worked there also took it ... in addition to a bunch of other things) but not special in other ways.

I've been told a few interesting things about meeself by a few psychic people though. One said they could see a strong beam of violet light going out my head top, and that was before I did much chi kung. Another psychic, who specialized in past lives told me that I was afraid of my power because I was the one who offed Atlantis. Another very psychic person told me I was a Guardian, as if that was significant, but I have no idea what guardians are supposed to do or who or what I'm supposed to be guarding, not that I care much. I feel like I'll be lucky if I can save my own ass ... and I have plans for that.

So anyway, pffft, who cares. My power is increasing fast lately and sometimes I get this feeling like I'm meant to do something and I'm being watched =) but I would rather run off to the wilderness with a couple of hot women.

Anyway, concerning my new buddy, Mr. Dragon. I think it would be kind of neat if there was some artist or painter in the crowd here that could paint what I saw if I described it better. I'm an artist, I should give it a whirl.

No gills, sorry. It was very interesting to have a dragon come and see me, but I never cared much about any of that stuff. Later I came to suspect that it was the Taoist god, and things have gotten more 'interesting' lately.

As far as me being special is concerned, there's no doubt I'm special in some ways (like I'm the only person to ever score 100% on the Chrysler Corporation mechanical aptitude test even though all the engineers, mechanics, and executives who ever worked there also took it ... in addition to a bunch of other things) but not special in other ways.

I've been told a few interesting things about meeself by a few psychic people though. One said they could see a strong beam of violet light going out my head top, and that was before I did much chi kung. Another psychic, who specialized in past lives told me that I was afraid of my power because I was the one who offed Atlantis. Another very psychic person told me I was a Guardian, as if that was significant, but I have no idea what guardians are supposed to do or who or what I'm supposed to be guarding, not that I care much. I feel like I'll be lucky if I can save my own ass ... and I have plans for that.

So anyway, pffft, who cares. My power is increasing fast lately and sometimes I get this feeling like I'm meant to do something and I'm being watched =) but I would rather run off to the wilderness with a couple of hot women.

Anyway, concerning my new buddy, Mr. Dragon. I think it would be kind of neat if there was some artist or painter in the crowd here that could paint what I saw if I described it better. I'm an artist, I should give it a whirl.

Hello Starjumper,

I would just keep in mind psychics tell you what they think you want to hear. They don't get paid to tell you that you were a serf in the middle ages or King Edward's butler. My father was a conman. He used to enter a town, borrow as much money as he could from as many people as he could, then high tail it for someplace else. I learned early on to spot the liars and the fakes, sadly all the psychics I've met are fakes.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1