TheTaoBum

Advice Needed To Calm A Hot Head (Hard Qigong - Uncontrollable Temper)

Hi guys,

Recently i have started some hard qigong exercises. The thing is over the past few months i have turned into a complete almost raving lunatic. My temper has become so bad and my patience is zero. I now suffer from road rage & i used to laugh at road rage and wonder why people got so worked up.

I know im going to get into serious trouble if i cannot learn to control myself soon. Should i be meditating more ? I would like to stop training but i cant, it has become like an addicitive drug that fuels me. If i dont do my training on a daily basis then i begin to feel weak,timid,vulnerable, i cant even look into peoples eyes. I become even more unstable then when training.

Confused, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Recently i have started some hard qigong exercises. The thing is over the past few months i have turned into a complete almost raving lunatic. My temper has become so bad and my patience is zero. I now suffer from road rage & i used to laugh at road rage and wonder why people got so worked up.

I know im going to get into serious trouble if i cannot learn to control myself soon. Should i be meditating more ? I would like to stop training but i cant, it has become like an addicitive drug that fuels me. If i dont do my training on a daily basis then i begin to feel weak,timid,vulnerable, i cant even look into peoples eyes. I become even more unstable then when training.

Get your Priorities straight on "why" you train. Also Have you been training indoors? The training method may be meant to be outdoors, since it sounds heavily fire.

I'd advise meditating outside aswell. Maybe lay off meat and eat more vegetables, if it's that serious you might as well give it a try.

A group of daoists when they're training very hard and doing moxibustion eat only vegetables and no meat. Because they get there fire from moxibustion and training..

Get your Priorities straight on "why" you train. Also Have you been training indoors? The training method may be meant to be outdoors, since it sounds heavily fire.

I'd advise meditating outside aswell. Maybe lay off meat and eat more vegetables, if it's that serious you might as well give it a try.

A group of daoists when they're training very hard and doing moxibustion eat only vegetables and no meat. Because they get there fire from moxibustion and training..

Thankyou for the help mate. Im glad you mentioned the indoors thing. I have been training in a little tin shed,cement floor,and the humidity during summer is almost unbearable. I have not been doing any meditation and rarely eat any vegetables (besides some BBQ onions with my steak lol)

Im going to try eating less meat,perform more meditation,and not be so negative thinking while traing. For some reason my mind wanders and i tend to think about everything negative that has happened while training. I heard once before that its not good to train when angry, but what to do when somebody is always angry ?

I will re-post in a weeks time after giving it a go ,

Thanks.

Thankyou for the help mate. Im glad you mentioned the indoors thing. I have been training in a little tin shed,cement floor,and the humidity during summer is almost unbearable. I have not been doing any meditation and rarely eat any vegetables (besides some BBQ onions with my steak lol)

Im going to try eating less meat,perform more meditation,and not be so negative thinking while traing. For some reason my mind wanders and i tend to think about everything negative that has happened while training. I heard once before that its not good to train when angry, but what to do when somebody is always angry ?

I will re-post in a weeks time after giving it a go ,

Thanks.

A cold cement floor can pull your energy downward. Might aswell practice out.. But yea go for vegetables. Also how I take emotions and training is. Train with emotion you want to emanate, and produce more of.

Sometimes however weird it may sound I sometimes think of the people who bring me the most joy. Or the most joy I've had with some people, stuff like that.

Aswell as other things. Anyway yeah gotta lay off the steak, and train on the grass just to be sure.

Hi guys,

The last movement must be to rest and focus on the breath as you meditate.Become aware of the risings of energy/anger and dilute them with breath/meditation.

Actually - you may be only a part way through the form with your controlled breathing/meditation being your balanced point.

If I am correct be ready for whatever may come, if it does come, don't be afraid take it - hold on to it for as long as possible while relaxing.

Watch your diet - no vinegar, hot foods, in particular no foods with MSG (Many noodles and Chinese foods use Fake MSG which is an extremely strong psycho-active substance to about 20% of the population that causes the symptoms you are describing)

Hi guys,

Recently i have started some hard qigong exercises. ...Confused, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

its really amusing how ppl give advice w/o even asking what exactly r u doing. seems not to be a part of the equation at all.:)

what exercises exactly r u doing?

its really amusing how ppl give advice w/o even asking what exactly r u doing. seems not to be a part of the equation at all.:)

what exercises exactly r u doing?

It's really amusing that some people don't know what hard qi gong is, as that

is the title of the thread. :)

Fairly easy to extrapolate from that and give advice likely to help. For some.

Nice advice Neichuan.

I remember Bruce Frantzis mentioned this exact kind of condition in his book Opening the Energy Gates. He said he found his way into White Frukian Crane style qigong which was also a hard qigong. He said it gave him a sense of intense power, but of a detructive nature and said that he eventually had to forced himself to stop when he realized the practice was turning him insane and making him crazy for power. He mentions that this kind of qigong is very addictive and said eventually the intense power your body attains and craves can no longer be sustained by the body which eventually leads to serious health problems. I believe he said he just stopped practice and changed to a more softer more healing type of qigong. If stopping cold turkey is too hard for you, then at least try and wean yourself off of the practice, I think it is VERY important you begin to stop this destructive qigong. I am in no way an expert on qigong, but I know enough, and I trust Bruce Franztis enough to listen to his warning. I would SERIOUSLY recommend quitting your practice as soon as possible and begin a softer one and maybe receive qigong healing on the side to balance your situation. If possible I would contact Bruce Franztis, or better yet, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here on these forums. Particularly I would talk to Ya Mu, I have found him to be Extremely knowledgeable and being a qigong master he offers distance healing which people have claimed great results from. Ya Mu would at least know what you should do. I am not trying to force you into getting his healing, or buying his DVD (which actually could really benefit you, being a soft method which many people on this forum claim to be terrific), but I am advising you talk to someone with higher knowledge of these things, and one of the best candidates I can think of is Ya Mu, however I am sure there are many others who could also help you greatly.

Never stop believing in the mind. You have the POWER over your mind and do not let yourself get fooled into believing this qigong has control over you. You have the power to change and I believe that you will overcome this and become a STRONGER person.

Good Luck

It's really amusing that some people don't know what hard qi gong is, ... For some.

yep. every hard qigong is the same thing. and every thing that glitters is gold. for some.

Edited by TianShi

Also how I take emotions and training is. Train with emotion you want to emanate, and produce more of.

telling a person who suffers from one emotion to switch to another is like telling an alcoholic to switch from whiskey to burbon.

It's really amusing that some people don't know what hard qi gong is, as that

is the title of the thread. :)

Fairly easy to extrapolate from that and give advice likely to help. For some.

Nice advice Neichuan.

Hey thanks

yep. every hard qigong is the same thing. and every thing that glitters is gold. for some.

Hm did you see how my assumption led to him telling me a possible reason of his problem?

"I have not been doing any meditation and rarely eat any vegetables (besides some BBQ onions with my steak lol)"

Thing is through personal experience and multiple stories, its a very common problem.. Either ones emotions or lifestyle conflicts with there training (if not there method). Method being the environment of the practice..

If it were learned from a teacher or he thought he wrongly performed it im sure he'd go back to his teacher. I don't advise learning things like that alone, because of the situations mentioned above.

Assumptions are easy to make, if you have no reason to or place, whether it's good or bad they aren't necessary.

telling a person who suffers from one emotion to switch to another is like telling an alcoholic to switch from whiskey to burbon.

They're not at all the same. Don't sacrifice a concern to sound clever.

If you meditate on positive things.. Do your chi kung with a positive state of mind throughout your day you will be more positive.

Just as though if you do your pushups as angry as can be, for reasons like being able to bash someones face in. You'll mostlikely often be mad enough to bash someones face in.

Edited by NeiChuan

Well, if you look at 5 element theory, the lungs oppose the liver (anger)...so it could be beneficial to strengthen the metal element in order to regain balance.

Something simple could be imagining pure white (metal element) compassionate (cultivating the opposite feeling) light within the middle dantien (wood element wants to go to fire element of the heart in the generative cycle).

Well a overwhelming response,thanks so much to everybody in this thread.

I remember reading opening the energy gates perhaps 10 years ago or more. The story now rings a bell. Yes somebody else said that you can easily burn yourself out with hard/dynamic type exercises. Im going to concentrate on some meditation more i think,

Regards,

Hi guys,

Recently i have started some hard qigong exercises...

That's it. Metal chops wood. You have damaged your liver.

Drink lots of green tea and visit an acupuncturist.

Good luck!

Sorry but NO. Some people need meat whereas others don't. It all depends on your BODY TYPE.

For sound advice, read this basic info:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f36b3ny8uws8lib

Edited by Gerard

From my own experience all I can say is that if you are using Qigong to try to get away from something inside of you or escape from something like insecurity or fear it will do no good. I don't know if this is the case for you or not but it just sounded familiar

• Like 1

well this could be a problem that stems from many things. but i have had a few students and kung fu brothers who have experienced this problem from some hard qigong and kung fu.

the thing that has helped the most for them has been standing med. ,ZZ, postures with the arms level with the shoulder, like a cross, or arms up in front of you , elbows down, work very well.

thanks i hope it works out,

landon

That's it. Metal chops wood. You have damaged your liver.

Drink lots of green tea and visit an acupuncturist.

Good luck!

Sorry but NO. Some people need meat whereas others don't. It all depends on your BODY TYPE.

For sound advice, read this basic info:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f36b3ny8uws8lib

Hm right, the best acupuncturists treat there patients case by case. No generalized.

Also maybe you should stay away from meat, especially red meats for a while because I think meat tends to be very yang while vegetable more yin. Also especially if say the cow died with alot of stess and fear or tension, I think that essence of stress is carried into the meat and then into your body upon consumption, for this reason and many others, I really try to always eat organic humanely treated meat from animals. Thats my two cents

Update:

Been cutting back on the standing practice,meat,eating more vegetables & doing more meditation. I really feel like i have cooled down maybe 50% more. I have been doing the physical training in the morning and meditating during the late hours. Somebody suggested meditating after practice but Not wanting to disobey the rules,i cannot meditate directly after training. So Its just in between these times (morning & late night) that i feel hyper but it is much easier to control now.

Thanks for the support everyone.

glad your feeling better ^_^ . If I was you, I would keep weaning myself off the hard qigong and eventually down the road transition to a more soft style, but thats up you, only you can judge for yourself what is best for you.

Well, if your practice is truly a balanced one, then at some point you will lose this problem.

My former school - Kalimasada, has this same problem happen to people sometimes. When you are building up rough energy, it tends to give one problems unless it is balanced with soft energy, which is better for healing. As we advance up in the levels we change forms and practices to make the shift from hard to softer energy. Lots of hard energy makes for a hot head, and you can sometimes have these strange, nasty sensations as you move around people and places.

If you have a lot of that hard energy the best thing is to find a way to release it. An experiment for you to try- try pushing your energy into a tomato and see how long it takes to rot. Or take an empty glass bottle, fill it with water and inch or two to the brim, close the cap, and see if you can use intention and energy to make the bottom of the glass bottle pop out with a hard slap to the top with the bottom of your palm. This would always make me feel better after feeling crazy from all the energy.

If your practice doesn't change with forms and you still get those feelings, may I suggest that maybe that there may be other practices that would be better suited to you. I know how you feel because this is something I used to go through a lot. If your practice however, takes a long time to shift to different forms you will have to bear this. Don't worry you lose this as you go up.