Thunder_Gooch

New Interview With Chang's Top Student Jim

I have a lot of strong opinions about: 1. This entire interview, 2. JC, and 3. This so-called "top Western student", 4. Mo Pai, and all of them are very negative. That's why I didn't respond initially. I'll say this though -- it all is a big load of shit. All of it.

:o

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Racism = Fear.

They say mopai comes from god and heaven....is god really going to say only chinese can learn the secrets of the universe ? Gods a racist now ? Ridiculous.

Heaven forbid if 鬼佬 learn mopai. Too bad that 鬼佬 is better and trains harder then his lazy brothers. A great unjustice has been done to Jim but its only a matter of time before he gets what he deserves and worked so hard for. Nothing stays unbalanced forever.

Good Luck,

• Like 1

Racism = Fear.

They say mopai comes from god and heaven....is god really going to say only chinese can learn the secrets of the universe ? Gods a racist now ? Ridiculous.

Heaven forbid if 鬼佬 learn mopai. Too bad that 鬼佬 is better and trains harder then his lazy brothers. A great unjustice has been done to Jim but its only a matter of time before he gets what he deserves and worked so hard for. Nothing stays unbalanced forever.

Good Luck,

Unless being barred from the path is part of the unbalancing process.

(note: I do not agree with the statement I made just above this one, I'm just saying that if you adopt the view that unbalanced things eventually re-balance, well, maybe THIS is part of the re-balancing, not the unbalancing).

You really have to admire his dedication, and also have a lot of compassion for the dude.

He takes a huge risk traveling all the way around the world, not knowing how to find his teacher or if he even ever will find him, and by a stroke of luck succeeds. He gets accepted into a tradition that no westerner has ever been trained in before -the reason being that the whole thing could die out, due to the teacher's lazy local students. He then trains ridiculously hard for two decades and succeeds in displacing almost all of them in terms of development -shaming the local students. The "high level demonstration" of JC's level 2b students back in 1999 showed evidence that none of them could do what was expected of them.

For whatever reason, spirit or not, it is obvious that JC doesn't want Jim to succeed to the union of yin and yang before the other student who left. Funny thing is he may never succeed in fusing yin and yang.

What kind of crap teacher is that? Where was his brain when he decided to accept Jim? And then tell him to stop training after all those years? A teacher who can't even man up and talk to another man face to face, but instead hides behind flimsy excuses and subterfuge? "I have to go the bank" and voila jumps ship on him? Spirit or not, it is obvious that the mopai have a very serious leadership problem.

Jim is the only hope for those in a non-asian world who want to train in that form of neigong. Consider that if Jim doesn't succeed to the fusing of yin and yang or even learn the technique, then how we he teach it to others? He can't. And all the training he has done for all those years will be for nothing.

You really have to admire his dedication, and also have a lot of compassion for the dude.

He takes a huge risk traveling all the way around the world, not knowing how to find his teacher or if he even ever will find him, and by a stroke of luck succeeds. He gets accepted into a tradition that no westerner has ever been trained in before -the reason being that the whole thing could die out, due to the teacher's lazy local students. He then trains ridiculously hard for two decades and succeeds in displacing almost all of them in terms of development -shaming the local students. The "high level demonstration" of JC's level 2b students back in 1999 showed evidence that none of them could do what was expected of them.

For whatever reason, spirit or not, it is obvious that JC doesn't want Jim to succeed to the union of yin and yang before the other student who left. Funny thing is he may never succeed in fusing yin and yang.

What kind of crap teacher is that? Where was his brain when he decided to accept Jim? And then tell him to stop training after all those years? A teacher who can't even man up and talk to another man face to face, but instead hides behind flimsy excuses and subterfuge? "I have to go the bank" and voila jumps ship on him? Spirit or not, it is obvious that the mopai have a very serious leadership problem.

Jim is the only hope for those in a non-asian world who want to train in that form of neigong. Consider that if Jim doesn't succeed to the fusing of yin and yang or even learn the technique, then how we he teach it to others? He can't. And all the training he has done for all those years will be for nothing.

You hit the nail on the head. Johns actions are pathetic and cowardly. I have heard stories of him actually running & hiding when people turn up !

I wouldnt say that JC is in a difficult position. He decided to teach in much risk to his life. If it were not due to him and kosta's work there would be a lot of practitioners who would not be so now.

JC lost the title of headmaster of mopai because he decided to teach Jim and the following westerners i could see that jim might not be the person that JC would want to see right away at least not at first.

Plus Jim should not refer to JC as his teacher because he is not anymore.

Maybe just maybe JC is a little concerned of what else might happen to him if he continues to teach and consort with those his ancestor forbade.

JC lost the title of headmaster of mopai because he decided to teach Jim and the following westerners i could see that jim might not be the person that JC would want to see right away at least not at first.

Maybe just maybe JC is a little concerned of what else might happen to him if he continues to teach and consort with those his ancestor forbade.

Yea I agree. I mean he said JC was some how "repremanded" due to teaching western students, makes me think what had been done.

Fact is I'd imagine JC listened to his teacher undoubetly.. So his teachers, teachers,teacher.. Well he'd try to listen undoubtely also. Even though in the interview it's mentioned he tries not to call on him anymore.

I didn't know JC's master but Maybe Liao would've thought otherwise of the spirits decision.

Just a thought.

A teacher who can't even man up and talk to another man face to face, but instead hides behind flimsy excuses and subterfuge? "I have to go the bank" and voila jumps ship on him? Spirit or not, it is obvious that the mopai have a very serious leadership problem.

You have to consider the Chinese culture. They have a concept of keeping face.

If John had rejected Jim openly like you're suggesting- possibly in front of others- he would have had him lose his face, from his point of view. Even if Jim might have not felt that and might have preferred to be treated that way.

So by making an excuse- as phoney as it might seem to Westerners- he did just that, letting him keep face.

So, I think, it's good to remember the proverb "Never judge a person until you walk a mile in their shoes.".

John Chang ispired thousends of people (including me) to search for and to begin with a Nei Kung system. He proved also that a smoking guy with a normal character can archieve the highest goal (becoming an immortal) without being a saint! As Jim said: It's all about dedication...and having talent (John's Master "saw" that John had the potential to archieve very much; read Kosta's book)and getting the right material to practice!

Being a "saint" without ego will help you NOTHING!

On the contrary, it's all about being egocentric: You got to have a strong personality that want's to survive at any cost!

John chang didnt prove anything. It was only your limited perception of what a Master should & should not do or look like that was altered (sorry).

John chang didnt prove anything. It was only your limited perception of what a Master should & should not do or look like that was altered (sorry).

I also like the idea that a highly advanced master can be more than a hippie tofu eating veg head. I've read countless posts on this forum where people get angry because they are expected to pay for training, then they chime in with all the wimpy attributes they expect from a master. It reminds me of a yogameditation (Wan Qi) [smart man, but not a master] video where he was selling a Ferrari, and a lot of the viewers cried that a spiritual person shouldn't own that kind of car. For some, poverty and being a pushover are prerequisites for spiritual attainment.

I don't really understand the reason to discriminate in who gets taught a system now, originally when a lot of the energy and martial systems were developed many rival groups were at war or in competition with each other so discrimination of teaching were needed to stop your best weapons falling into your enemies hands. That is simply not the case now so it seems this lineage is stuck in ancient outdated modes of thinking or worse.
Well, Jim could apply the same criticism to his (& nominally, JC's) own religion of Christianity.

Jesus (supposedly) walked on water, manifested food, healed people instantly and rose from the dead. Now, wouldn't many of these abilities be of great service to the world? Yet, he taught NONE of his disciples how to do any of this. His followers were simply told to worship him as a god. And in fact, most Christians frown upon "occult" DIY practices and persecute others who attempt them. Furthermore, Christianity also popularly "invented" racism by designating the Jews as "Yahweh's chosen ones."

This is why Jim had to go outside Christianity to a far different source to find what he was looking for...

But, if he truly simply wanted an accessible religion that focuses on indiscriminate service & compassion - he could have chosen Mahayana Buddhism or stuck with Christianity. But, I assume he was subconsciously drawn to the allure of secrecy & power...as are most who pursue MoPai. :D

-----

He does seem like a nice guy who you gotta admire for his immense discipline & dedication to training, though!!

But one thing I found discouraging about this was that after achieving Level 2b/3 after well over a decade of hard training - he apparently has little tangible to show for it. It seems like the initial storage phase of MoPai is extremely prolonged and that you can't really utilize this energy until Level 5 (if you ever even get there).

Yin/yang gong would be reallly cool! But even that a bit anticlimactic if it took 20 years of looong training to get there..

-----

I wish some more technical questions were asked. Like the seeming contradiction in Kosta's understanding of MoPai's yin/yang theory. And also a complete fact check of his book.

-----

Best part of the interview was that he may be publishing his own MoPai book soon. WooT! B)

Edited by vortex

Well, Jim could apply the same criticism to his (& nominally, JC's) own religion of Christianity.

Jesus (supposedly) walked on water, manifested food, healed people instantly and rose from the dead. Now, wouldn't many of these abilities be of great service to the world? Yet, he taught NONE of his disciples how to do any of this. His followers were simply told to worship him as a god. And in fact, most Christians frown upon "occult" DIY practices and persecute others who attempt them. Furthermore, Christianity also popularly "invented" racism by designating the Jews as "Yahweh's chosen ones."

I recall reading an article somewhere on William Mistele's site, in which he says that the scene in Matthew chapter 14 verse 22-33 (Jesus walks on water) is in fact Jesus attempting to teach siddhis to his disciples. In fact, Peter actually succeeded in walking on the water for a little while, but then got scared when he started thinking over other things (the storm), and lost it.

Interesting thoughts. I haven't read the Bible recently, and I certainly haven't read it looking for Jesus leaving clues about siddhis. Maybe he did? In any case, I find Mistele's thoughts to be rather interesting.

I recall reading an article somewhere on William Mistele's site, in which he says that the scene in Matthew chapter 14 verse 22-33 (Jesus walks on water) is in fact Jesus attempting to teach siddhis to his disciples. In fact, Peter actually succeeded in walking on the water for a little while, but then got scared when he started thinking over other things (the storm), and lost it.

Interesting thoughts. I haven't read the Bible recently, and I certainly haven't read it looking for Jesus leaving clues about siddhis. Maybe he did? In any case, I find Mistele's thoughts to be rather interesting.

There's a lot of power in the "WAY" (what Jesus actually taught). I can't promise you chi balls or jumping over houses, but practicing as Jesus did helped me completely destroy a tumor.

That "lesson" would be equivalent to telling one to pray to God/Jesus - not how to actually do it yourself..

This is similar to John Chang projecting yin qi into someone so they could get shot with a bullet (p 110). It's just a demo of his ability - not actually teaching someone how to do it themself.

Bottom line to all of this is pretty simple.

If Jim achieves the fusion of yin and yang = continuing lineage of westerners who are masters of neigong, at least to the point of fusion.

If he doesn't then 20 years of searching, dedicated training, continual frustration and dedication, not to mention the same time and dedication to those that seek him out = all for nothing.

Question is for those who would learn this - would you risk a lifetime of training not knowing if you could ever have it come to fruition? Learning from a lineage by a master who would disown you? Hard medicine to swallow indeed.

If you listened carefully to the interview. You would understand that Jim thinks that John's spirit is a "demon" for the reason by definition, a demon is supposed to limit the light that comes into the world, and is motivated by selfish reasons. In the 2nd part I believe, he mentions that John said that when a person dies he spends at least 10 or so years in limbo on earth for every human life that person has taken. John's bodiless master disappeared a decade ago, and only the older ancestor spirit emerged. So taking that into consideration if John's words are concrete, means that the older master spirit could also have been potentially a rather murderous individual during his life, or like John's master, would have disappeared into the ether.

Well,....Hmmm!!!... Umph....

Anyway,there are a lot of things that I am thinking about, but there only two of them that I am really interesting in.

Lets assume that the whole John Chang story is a true fact.Then:

1st)I never understood which is the current "level" of Jim.He has finished the Level 2b and now he is Level 3 ,having the exercise of Level 3 and practising on it ,or he has finished level 2b and before starting the Level 3 Sifu Chang decided that he will not teach any more the "West guys".

I mean is he finished Level 2 or Level 3? The test on the video back in 1999 as we can see on "youtube",is the test for Level 2.

2nd)There is smthng in the Mo-Pai training that Jim must be aware of it.IF you finish a level and will not continue in the next one as soon as and you continoue to practise your level that you had finished, then EVEN if someone will give you the exercise of the next level, you can not jump to the next level and you stay permentely in the level that you were before.

In other words finishing a level without jumping to the next one, dooms you to remain for life in the last level achieved.

2nd)There is smthng in the Mo-Pai training that Jim must be aware of it.IF you finish a level and will not continue in the next one as soon as and you continoue to practise your level that you had finished, then EVEN if someone will give you the exercise of the next level, you can not jump to the next level and you stay permentely in the level that you were before.

In other words finishing a level without jumping to the next one, dooms you to remain for life in the last level achieved.

You show a very clear indication that you know nothing about the Mo Pai or its levels and I think it would be better for your spiritual practice if you didn't talk out of your a**.

So taking that into consideration if John's words are concrete, means that the older master spirit could also have been potentially a rather murderous individual during his life, or like John's master, would have disappeared into the ether.

Yeah I thought the same.

It shows how different times are today. It's just me saying this but I think John should listen to his own words. Maybe him doing that got him in trouble in the first place, I don't know.

But maybe if he had stopped calling on this spirit and continued his way things could have turned out for the better.

Just an optimistic and speculating view.. but a view none the less.

You show a very clear indication that you know nothing about the Mo Pai or its levels and I think it would be better for your spiritual practice if you didn't talk out of your a**.

Very fast answer indeed,but it was just an offence and not an answer....So, you that you know so much about the Mo-pai and the levels why you don't help me giving me an answer ...?

Very fast answer indeed,but it was just an offence and not an answer....So, you that you know so much about the Mo-pai and the levels why you don't help me giving me an answer ...?

This one seems to only want instruction. Such thing cannot be shown as a crime :P

Did anyone read the comments of that video? there was someone making the claim that a "Ron Hoffman" teaches a method that also develops the "Fusion". I checked out his website but it just seems like a standard "Tai-Chi Center". Anyone know if it's just marketing hype on the account of the poster?

Here are sum of the posts

vibratingstillness

1 week ago

The sad thing is most ppl will get lost trying to figure out how to train in this. It's nei kung and not all systems are created equal. For the best school and it accepts western students look for nei kung master ron huffman. There you go, go become a real chi master.

#

vibratingstillness

1 week ago

darn it I mean Ron Hoffman, sorry of Temple Style Tai Chi. They have the full alchemy for Nei Kung and it doesn't require the very dangerous Mo Pai practice of combining the Thunder Bolt as that will happen naturally during your ascention process. Anyways I am already as strong as a level 2b and have purified chi and my left and right vibration after only 2 months of full alchemic training. I also don't have the low chi reserve issue as I was attoned and given a vibrational boast.

#

vibratingstillness

1 week ago

@neouberx How about you stay in the US and either contact the only real chi master in the US. Ron Hoffman like I posted before or contact me if you need free advice and free training program that is what cost myself personally a lot of time, money and travel to attain and I offer that to anyone for free.

Edited by Astral_Anima

Yea, these comments are from youtube!

Ron Hoffman is a senior Master instructor from Waysun Liao's lineage; Temple Style Taichi...which is the original Taichi system and THE ONLY ONE that still has the internal part, the Nei Kung.

It's NOT a marketing hype...

Ron Hoffman and Liao are Tai Chi treasures. Unfortunately an idiot on youtube had to comment the way he did and destroy reputations. The youtube poster has absolutely no affiliation with Liao and Hoffman.

Why not call him and talk to him?