Taomeow

Power

This is a song of the Winnebago tribe recorded by ethnographists at the end of the 19th century and translated by a Native American author:

A man was going to die.

He went to the top of a hill and lay down.

Briefly he slept.

When he awoke there was a circle of animals.

Each animal gave the man his own personal

Medicine.

Raven said -- e-he-a! e-he-a!

Then he spit on the man and gave of his own

Medicine.

The man felt better.

Turtle said -- ahi! ahi! ahi! ahi!

Then he gave the man of his own boiled

Medicine.

The man felt better.

Black Hawk said nothing.

He gave the man of his medicine right on the place

Where the man hurt the most.

The man felt much better.

Then all the animals said --

"Human, in a similar way,

You will cure your fellowmen!"

And the man was given the Flutes of Power.

And he became a great Healer, a powerful

Medicine Man and it was because the animals

Gave freely of their medicine.

Yes, agree the power of the Earth itself. Yesterday I had another Gong Fu Cha session with my Chinese friends and they gently introduced me to this puerh:

24027592.jpg

And not only I had a huge Qi boost but also wisdom. It meant a lot to me and I am very thankful to that dragon that shared with me some of his "medicine." :)

This is a song of the Winnebago tribe recorded by ethnographists at the end of the 19th century and translated by a Native American author:

A man was going to die.

He went to the top of a hill and lay down.

Briefly he slept.

When he awoke there was a circle of animals.

Each animal gave the man his own personal

Medicine.

Raven said -- e-he-a! e-he-a!

Then he spit on the man and gave of his own

Medicine.

The man felt better.

Turtle said -- ahi! ahi! ahi! ahi!

Then he gave the man of his own boiled

Medicine.

The man felt better.

Black Hawk said nothing.

He gave the man of his medicine right on the place

Where the man hurt the most.

The man felt much better.

Then all the animals said --

"Human, in a similar way,

You will cure your fellowmen!"

And the man was given the Flutes of Power.

And he became a great Healer, a powerful

Medicine Man and it was because the animals

Gave freely of their medicine.

Thanks for sharing that. The Lakota also have some pretty powerful animal stories, as do most of the Nations. Nice to see you again, btw. I still recall your post from years ago about mouse Te. (-:

Yes, agree the power of the Earth itself. Yesterday I had another Gong Fu Cha session with my Chinese friends and they gently introduced me to this puerh:

24027592.jpg

And not only I had a huge Qi boost but also wisdom. It meant a lot to me and I am very thankful to that dragon that shared with me some of his "medicine." :)

Where can you buy that?

24027592.jpg

Nice! :) You're right, dragons have everything to do with tea. Being connoisseurs themselves, Oriental ones climate-control for conditions that benefit Camellia Sinensis. There's three major kinds of dragons, the European, American, and Oriental ones, and a number of subspecies in each category... European ones are the only ones that can release fire from the mouth (they are not fire-breathing, contrary to legends, the mechanism is different). That's because they are the only kind of dragon that has a three-chamber stomach. They digest fast foods in the first chamber (most dragons are marginally omnivorous but predominantly vegetarian), and in the second one they process tough plant material -- twigs, bark, roots -- and to be able to digest it, they ferment it with the help of friendly/symbiotic bacterial cultures. In the process of fermentation, methane and other gases are formed. These are collected in the third chamber. This flammable gas can be released at will (a voluntary belch) and the dragon can ignite it by rapidly clicking its teeth together, generating a spark.

American and Oriental dragons only have two-chamber stomachs, so they don't make fire, but they do form methane and other gases in their second chamber and, not being equipped to store them, release them continuously or periodically, which is why they are known as "misty" or "creatures of mists and fog" or "hiding in clouds" -- the gas actually "seeds" clouds, much like chemtrails of today. The classic Chinese paintings showing a dragon obscured by clouds (often with no more than a claw or a scale sticking out here and there) are actually accurate depictions of how one would spot a dragon with a trained eye. They are hard to spot because, on top of shrouding themselves with mists and vapors and clouds, they are nocturnal.

American dragons (the large ones only survive in South America) much prefer coffee. The best varieties, the "shades," i.e. coffee grown in natural environments rather than man-made plantations, are also a product of misty, humid, moist dragon-controlled climates.

European dragons are largely extinct, except for the oldest and most powerful ones.

Thanks for sharing that. The Lakota also have some pretty powerful animal stories, as do most of the Nations. Nice to see you again, btw. I still recall your post from years ago about mouse Te. (-:

Hi Rene,

good to see you here!:)

Mouse and Te?.. I don't remember... but let me guess... my thinking would go something like, the Te of a mouse is perfect when the mouse is all mouse to the fullest and not trying to act like a tiger, a salmon, or a guru to practicing taoists?..:D

Hmm...I can't help but notice that the source of wisdom in the pic above looks like a jar of dry feces.

Hmm...I can't help but notice that the source of wisdom in the pic above looks like a jar of dry feces.

Dragon feces :P:lol:

Never tried it to know what its like though.

... my thinking would go something like, the Te of a mouse is perfect when the mouse is all mouse to the fullest and not trying to act like a tiger, a salmon, or a guru to practicing taoists?..:D

Yep. And, if memory serves, your mouse effectivly neutered a few of the guru persuasion. :lol:

Fun times, there, then. Fun to be had here, now, methinks. ^_^

Yep. And, if memory serves, your mouse effectivly neutered a few of the guru persuasion. :lol:

Fun times, there, then. Fun to be had here, now, methinks. ^_^

Definitely.:)

Thanks for the memory!:wub:

Nice! :) You're right, dragons have everything to do with tea. Being connoisseurs themselves, Oriental ones climate-control for conditions that benefit Camellia Sinensis. There's three major kinds of dragons, the European, American, and Oriental ones, and a number of subspecies in each category... European ones are the only ones that can release fire from the mouth (they are not fire-breathing, contrary to legends, the mechanism is different). That's because they are the only kind of dragon that has a three-chamber stomach. They digest fast foods in the first chamber (most dragons are marginally omnivorous but predominantly vegetarian), and in the second one they process tough plant material -- twigs, bark, roots -- and to be able to digest it, they ferment it with the help of friendly/symbiotic bacterial cultures. In the process of fermentation, methane and other gases are formed. These are collected in the third chamber. This flammable gas can be released at will (a voluntary belch) and the dragon can ignite it by rapidly clicking its teeth together, generating a spark.

American and Oriental dragons only have two-chamber stomachs, so they don't make fire, but they do form methane and other gases in their second chamber and, not being equipped to store them, release them continuously or periodically, which is why they are known as "misty" or "creatures of mists and fog" or "hiding in clouds" -- the gas actually "seeds" clouds, much like chemtrails of today. The classic Chinese paintings showing a dragon obscured by clouds (often with no more than a claw or a scale sticking out here and there) are actually accurate depictions of how one would spot a dragon with a trained eye. They are hard to spot because, on top of shrouding themselves with mists and vapors and clouds, they are nocturnal.

American dragons (the large ones only survive in South America) much prefer coffee. The best varieties, the "shades," i.e. coffee grown in natural environments rather than man-made plantations, are also a product of misty, humid, moist dragon-controlled climates.

European dragons are largely extinct, except for the oldest and most powerful ones.

Huh? Dragons? Where can you learn more about them, and how do you develop a "trained eye" ?

This sort of comment has already been made before anyway. Nothing new under the sun.

Yawn.

Huh? Dragons? Where can you learn more about them, and how do you develop a "trained eye" ?

Where to learn about dragons? Right here!:) What do you want to know about them?

A "trained eye" sees the periphery as well as, or better than, the center of the visual field. There's many training methods. "Open focus" and "soft gaze" of some MA, "open-eyed meditation with awareness resting in the eyes" of Dzogchen, Castaneda's Don Juan method (loose but unwavering focus on the far horizon while walking, with continuous awareness of the periphery), night vision training, etc..

Then again, you might just get lucky...

Well, when I made that comment I was referring to a human born in the year of the dragon. :) Still dragons exist in an astral plane just borderline with ours but their existence in this one is highly unlikely.

I want to hear more about dragons!

OK...:)

When I was four years old, I was given a silk Chinese bedspread, golden in color, with two huge dragons adorning its borders. It was a rather exceptional addition to my otherwise Spartan material world. I was growing up without such bright colors and exquisite workmanship in the environment, and I was simply shaken to the core of my being to find out that such beauty, such love for the craft, and such mystery can exist in the human world, in the material world. The bedspread instantly became sacred and remained so for over 25 years, till the day it disappeared as soon as it reached Italy (the dragons may have taken off when they found a more suitable climate for themselves). The advantage of growing up with no material possessions, the way I was growing up, is that your head winds up being screwed on right at least in one respect -- you don't despise the material world, you have no reason to, you weren't force-fed it, you weren't overfed it, so you learn to notice and cherish love in this often neglected manifestation -- in the objects of beauty and utility created by human work, through which artistic, creative, tao-like spirit of the maker keeps flowing, from the heart and mind to the fingertips and into the material object, imprinting itself in its every fibre. I seriously believe this is something I got from those two dragons. The Chinese dragon is supposed to have nine attributes, and among them are the love of the arts, painting, music, and of course silk.

They kept telling me bedtime stories about themselves for 25 years...:)

The Chinese dragon is often depicted guarding a pearl, which is subject to much speculation. What is this pearl? Some say it's only symbolic and means wisdom, or alchemical accomplishments, or one of the dantiens, what have you. But in reality, the pearl is the dragon's egg, which is indeed guarded very closely, and carried under the chin for much of the time it takes to hatch (a long time). In the beginning, the egg is white with a pearly sheen, which is why it is thought of as a pearl. But as time goes on, it gradually acquires a golden hue, and toward the end of the term, it shines like real gold.

That's one of the claws sticking out of the cloud that I've shown you.:lol:

• Like 1

OK...:)

When I was four years old, I was given a silk Chinese bedspread, golden in color, with two huge dragons adorning its borders. It was a rather exceptional addition to my otherwise Spartan material world. I was growing up without such bright colors and exquisite workmanship in the environment, and I was simply shaken to the core of my being to find out that such beauty, such love for the craft, and such mystery can exist in the human world, in the material world. The bedspread instantly became sacred and remained so for over 25 years, till the day it disappeared as soon as it reached Italy (the dragons may have taken off when they found a more suitable climate for themselves). The advantage of growing up with no material possessions, the way I was growing up, is that your head winds up being screwed on right at least in one respect -- you don't despise the material world, you have no reason to, you weren't force-fed it, you weren't overfed it, so you learn to notice and cherish love in this often neglected manifestation -- in the objects of beauty and utility created by human work, through which artistic, creative, tao-like spirit of the maker keeps flowing, from the heart and mind to the fingertips and into the material object, imprinting itself in its every fibre. I seriously believe this is something I got from those two dragons. The Chinese dragon is supposed to have nine attributes, and among them are the love of the arts, painting, music, and of course silk.

They kept telling me bedtime stories about themselves for 25 years...:)

The Chinese dragon is often depicted guarding a pearl, which is subject to much speculation. What is this pearl? Some say it's only symbolic and means wisdom, or alchemical accomplishments, or one of the dantiens, what have you. But in reality, the pearl is the dragon's egg, which is indeed guarded very closely, and carried under the chin for much of the time it takes to hatch (a long time). In the beginning, the egg is white with a pearly sheen, which is why it is thought of as a pearl. But as time goes on, it gradually acquires a golden hue, and toward the end of the term, it shines like real gold.

That's one of the claws sticking out of the cloud that I've shown you.:lol:

That's awesome, a buddy of mine is into dragons and has some experience with them! I wish he posted on this forum too! :)

A "trained eye" sees the periphery as well as, or better than, the center of the visual field. There's many training methods. "Open focus" and "soft gaze" of some MA, "open-eyed meditation with awareness resting in the eyes" of Dzogchen, Castaneda's Don Juan method (loose but unwavering focus on the far horizon while walking, with continuous awareness of the periphery), night vision training, etc..

I teach "Sorcerer's Vision" or "Soft Vision" at every workshop. But what is amazing to me is that, simple as it is, only a small percentage remember it afterwards. And an even smaller percentage actually practice it.

I read somewhere that the dragon is attempting to grasp the secret of the sun, and this is a story I love; however, I'm open to dragon eggs, as well! ^_^

I read somewhere that the dragon is attempting to grasp the secret of the sun, and this is a story I love; however, I'm open to dragon eggs, as well! ^_^

Same thing, probably.

Greetings..

I teach "Sorcerer's Vision" or "Soft Vision" at every workshop. But what is amazing to me is that, simple as it is, only a small percentage remember it afterwards. And an even smaller percentage actually practice it.

Excellent!! i practice the "Gait of Power".. as a land surveyor in Florida, a stroll through the under-brush will often stir-up wasps, or yellow-jackets, or honey bees.. Florida under-brush is thick and uninviting, escape from quick-flying insects with intentions to deliver negative reinforcement is no easy task.. so, over time i deliberately developed Don Juan's "Gait of Power", and.. it works, you find yourself almost floating through the woods.. now, i'm doing the same practice at night, i love the expanded awareness..

Be well..

Edited by TzuJanLi

Hm Ya, I'd like to know to.

Three options:

1. Make friends with a Chinese who has been ageing pu erh for decades and is willing to share his goodies with you.

2. Age it yourself. If you are interested I can give you a couple of links.

3. If you are a very wealthy individual, attend pu erh auctions in HK and be ready to spend >$10,000

Three options:

1. Make friends with a Chinese who has been ageing pu erh for decades and is willing to share his goodies with you.

2. Age it yourself. If you are interested I can give you a couple of links.

3. If you are a very wealthy individual, attend pu erh auctions in HK and be ready to spend >$10,000

Ah I knew I would'nt like the answer haha.

Answer is still appreciated.

Hm and yea I think I will accept a couple of those links if you don't mind, I have plenty of time on my hands.

Thanks