dawg

Eye witness accounts of the spirit world

I have a question for Dawg and anyone else who has been at cultivation a while. Have you all experienced side effects during your cultivation progress? If so what have these side effects been like?

I agree with a lot of what you say but in my opinion the practice of not reacting is a relatively high level practice. What I mean is that my understanding from an approach to confrontation such as a Buddhist approach it isn't simply to not react with aggression to conflict, the real power comes from having the power and ability to say no to anyone and having the power to react with aggression but then choosing not to. This is the crucial element a lot of people skip in my opinion, if you are not reacting out of duty (such as from Christian brainwashing) or a sense of powerlessness, you gain nothing from not expressing your anger and infact it would probably make you more ill not to do so. Of course it depends on the individual but a lot of people need to get to the stage of being able to use the fire empowering energy of anger to defend themselves to create healthy psychological boundaries before they can practice not reacting.

Jetsun,

Pegging along with the term, "Christian brain washing", how unhealthy and misunderstood of you...

Om

Edited by 3bob

Pegging along with the term, "Christian brain washing", how unhealthy and misunderstood of you...

Om

No offence intended I have no problem with Christianity and I read the bible myself, I just have a problem with Church interpretations of some areas like anger and sex and what that has done to the fabric of society. What I mean by this for example is that I live in a Christian culture where people were taught to "turn the other cheek" but if you turn the other cheek from a place of fear or disempowerment it makes you ill and neurotic and is no good for anyone involved.

• Thanks 1

No offence intended I have no problem with Christianity and I read the bible myself, I just have a problem with Church interpretations of some areas like anger and sex and what that has done to the fabric of society. What I mean by this for example is that I live in a Christian culture where people were taught to "turn the other cheek" but if you turn the other cheek from a place of fear or disempowerment it makes you ill and neurotic and is no good for anyone involved.

Ok, that was better explained. (btw, which is partly why the very difficult and high level teaching of "love thine enemy" is included)

Om

I agree with a lot of what you say but in my opinion the practice of not reacting is a relatively high level practice. What I mean is that my understanding from an approach to confrontation such as a Buddhist approach it isn't simply to not react with aggression to conflict, the real power comes from having the power and ability to say no to anyone and having the power to react with aggression but then choosing not to. This is the crucial element a lot of people skip in my opinion, if you are not reacting out of duty (such as from Christian brainwashing) or a sense of powerlessness, you gain nothing from not expressing your anger and infact it would probably make you more ill not to do so. Of course it depends on the individual but a lot of people need to get to the stage of being able to use the fire empowering energy of anger to defend themselves to create healthy psychological boundaries before they can practice not reacting.
A friend basically pointed this out to me recently, too. :)

Acting humble, when you have no power to be humble about, instead represents a lack of confidence..

Conflict avoidance out of fear is merely cowardice, not forbearance..

So, it is better to stand up courageously with integrity out of anger than just be a cowardly, conflict-avoidant p*55y. However, it is also better to resolve anger issues within yourself than have to deal with them once manifested outwardly. Etc.

Basically, the exact same outward actions can mean different things depending upon your level inside. It is like a spiral, where you may be at the same point horizontally...yet on another level up or down on the spiral vertically...

spiral20.gif

Hence:

Before I studied the art, a punch to me was just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick no longer a kick. Now that I've understood the art, a punch is just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. - Bruce Lee
It may seem that you've come "full circle" in one sense on the path...yet you've still made a lot of progress because you spiraled one turn higher in the meantime.. Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Acting humble, when you have no power to be humble about, instead represents a lack of confidence..

Conflict avoidance out of fear is merely cowardice, not forbearance..

Or as Golda Meir once put it, "Don't be so humble, you're not that great.":lol:

• Like 1

Albert Einstein the wife beater?.. Arrested twice for domestic violence?.. He had about as much right to take this holier-than-thou stance as you do.

http://oudeis23.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/einstein-arrested-twice-in-1906-for-domestic-violence/

:huh::rolleyes:

Ummm, I don't know how you stumbled onto that blog post, but it is filed under Comedy/Satire so maybe it's not a good thing to cite as fact?

I mean, come on, the supposed "mug shot" is a famous portrait of Einstein from when he worked in the patent office in Bern. And there is no biography of Einstein by anyone named Hans Grossman.

Edited by Creation

:huh::rolleyes:

Ummm, I don't know how you stumbled onto that blog post, but it is filed under Comedy/Satire so maybe it's not a good thing to cite as fact?

I mean, come on, the supposed "mug shot" is a famous portrait of Einstein from when he worked in the patent office in Bern. And there is no biography of Einstein by anyone named Hans Grossman.

Sorry, I'm not that invested into doing Ph.D.-worthy research on this, I went with the very first entry google brought in response to my inquiry, and the inquiry was shaped by my having read Einstein's biography years ago which cited the same problem: violent abuse of his first wife, apparently out of -- gasp -- scientific jealousy. I've spoken with physicists on many occasions (I know many, having had math and physics professionals among my best friends, boyfriends and husbands with some consistency) who are of the opinion that Einstein's first wife was a brilliant physicist far surpassing her husband, and that he stole his best ideas from her, intimidating her into submission with sheer brutality. Get back to me on this one if you want me to uproot evidence you will accept, right now I've no time...:)

Apologies to dawg et. al. for the tangent.

Einstein's first wife was a brilliant physicist far surpassing her husband, and that he stole his best ideas from her, intimidating her into submission with sheer brutality. Get back to me on this one if you want me to uproot evidence you will accept, right now I've no time...:)

Well, I was mostly curious why you have such a negative view of Einstein. Now I know.

I'm sure you have better things to do with your time than try to convince me of something I am unlikely to be convinced of ;). Moreover, I know you are unlikely to be convinced to believe other than you now believe, but FYI:

1. At least half of Einsteins best ideas came after his separation from his first wife Mileva Maric.

None of their many letters, to each other or to friends, mentions a single instance of an idea or creative concept relating to relativity that came from Maric. Nor did she ever--even to her family and close friends while in the throes of their bitter divorce--claim to have made any substantive contributions to Einstein's theories. Her son Hans Albert, who remained devoted to her and lived with her during the divorce, gave his own version that was reflected in a book by Peter Michelmore, and it seems to reflect what Maric told her son: "Mileva helped him solve certain mathematical problems, but no one could assist with the creative work, the flow of ideas."
(from Isaccson's "Einstein: His Life and Universe", the most recent Einstein biography and the only one that draws upon all the private letters recently released by Einstein's estate)

So the scientific jealousy accusation seems unfounded to me and hence also the accusation of violent intimidation.

Edited by Creation
  • Like 2

Very much agreed. You see your spirit world while I perceive a completely different way of life and illumination. For example..since you believe in hells they manifest in your subjective phase of consciousness regardless if they objectively exist. Or since you believe in reincarnation you re create it for yourself.

Your eye witness is in fact your exploration into your own inner dream state. While you live off imagined past lives and necessary reincarnations..I live off of creating my own essence and realities as I move through change.

Your eyes are much different than mine

• Like 3

HYPNOTIC TECHNIQUES

I wrote this comment as an answer to someone who asked me what I thought of “Bashar” the “multi-dimensional E.T.”, channeled by Darryl Anka… I am posting it here in this forum because I thought it might be of interest, as many of us use “self hypnotic techniques” on ourselves in the course of our meditation practice… and to remind you to notice, when other people try to use “hypnotic techniques” on you.

Now consider that all other life in the universe would consider you and I (and everyone else on earth) to be an E.T.… does that give us any special “cosmic wisdom” ?

So as one E.T. (me) to another E.T. (you), I will proceed with this comment.

I don’t doubt that E.T.s are real… that is not the issue… I know from personal experience that E.T.'s are real... 4 of us were sitting around a campfire in the woods one night... and a UFO snuck up on us, and stopped about 40 feet above us and to one side, then turned blindingly bright lights on us, lighting up the whole forest... the birds woke up and started chirping a dawn chorus... when it turned the lights off, we could see the UFO clearly... we could see the lights on stalks folding up into a hatch on the underside, and its’ doors close… it had a window on the side tilted down at a 45 degree angle, and we could see a brightly lit interior through the window... we didn't see any E.T.s, but if it had a window and was lit up inside, there must have been E.T.s inside... we didn't see it coming, but we had a good view of it going... nothing on earth can fly like that UFO did... it must have gone from zero to thousands of miles per hour in seconds, as it shot up at an angle into the sky, flickered a couple of times and lit up like a round light, then swept back around us, rising straight up above us in a spiral until we lost sight of it… leaving us staring at the sky with our mouths agape, while the birds were still chirping, but now sounding very confused… we had a portable radio, so we turned it on to the local radio station, which was being swamped by people reporting lights in the sky… two other times I saw a UFO, but not at such close range…

The issue is not whether E.T.s are real… The issue is whether Bashar is (1) an E.T. with a physical body, (2) a spirit & what kind, or (3) a figment of Darryl’s imagination…. Darryl can say that Bashar is not a spirit, but Darryl can not know what Bashar is, except for what Bashar tells him… the possibilities are that (1) Bashar is a real voice that Darryl is channeling, or (2) Bashar is a produce of Darryl’s subconscious mind which he thinks is real, or (3) that Bashar is Darryl pretending to be Bashar… if Bashar is a channeled voice, it is impossible for Darryl to “know” for sure what Bashar is… but Darryl insists that Bashar is an E.T. with a body... the most he could know is that “Bashar SAYS he is not a spirit, but an E.T. that claims to have a body !”… If he emphatically insists that Bashar is NOT a spirit, it implies that Bashar is his own creation… that he invented Bashar… it is the only way he could be 100% sure that Bashar was not a spirit…

I first checked out “Bashar” about six months ago, because some people in a forum were talking about him… but I found Darryl’s site uninteresting, because everything on it was stuff I had already seen before and was already aware of… then when I was asked about it, I went and checked Darryl’s site again with an eye for content, reading text and looking at videos… looking for anything that indicated that Bashar was an E.T… again, none of the ideas were “new wisdom”, but the videos really put me off (explained below)… then when I got a reply from Darryl himself, I went back, and with a very critical eye checked out more than twenty sites… reading his site, looking at videos as far back as 1984, reading comments in forums, looking at sites for and against Bashar…

(I will keep this as simple as possible…)... there are many mistakes in what Bashar says, and he quotes the Buddha and other people (word for word sometimes) as if the ideas and concepts are his… THIS IS BLATANT DECEPTION, but I don’t want to elaborate on that, because saying that the content contains nothing new, sums it up… and anyway the content is not the issue.

CONCLUSION…

1)… NOTHING NEW… Most of the ideas and concepts on Darryl’s site are good… But that is because these ideas and concepts were all taken from the best of existing earth sources… the site is a rehash of much of the earth’s mystic wisdom concerning consciousness… none of the ideas are from Bashar of Darryl… none of the material is original… my conclusion is that Bashar and Darryl are the same person, and that he knows it.

2)… HYPNOYIC PRESENTATION TECHNIQUE… Bashar’s “manic” presentation is a hypnotic technique… in the videos when Darryl is channeling Bashar, it looks like Darryl is having a “manic episode” (as in manic/depressive)… because of his gestures, loud forceful voice, the cadence and selective inflection of his voice, repetition, and non-stop monologue… Bashar/Darryl is making a “hypnotic presentation”… Darryl’s performance as Bashar is an engineered “hypnotic technique” to put you into a state of euphoria (light trance state), through the production of brain chemicals called endorphins. It gets you high without drugs. It also makes you vulnerable to suggestion. The mechanics are similar to what you might experience in some “controlled” meditation courses, where you listen to tapes… chanting a mantra can have the same effect… The difference is that with Bashar/Darryl, it is likely that you will be fed a number of beliefs designed to manipulate you (both within the written materials and the videos)…

"yes sets."… You will find strings of two or three statements anyone would agree with as being true. As you read or listen to them, you will automatically say "yes." Then there will be an arbitrary statement of an opinion that Darryl wants you to buy into by continuing to say "yes."

Darryl is using the same manic hypnotic presentation technique that fundamentalist evangelical Christian preachers uses; to work their congregation up into a temporary state of bliss (he titillates their endorphins), so that they feel good… the congregation thinks that the bliss is spirituality (but it is not, it is just induced bliss)… so they keep coming back for more… thinking that the preacher is channeling the voice of God… and…. It is the same manic hypnotic technique that Hitler used in Germany to make the Germans “feel good”, so that he could gain power… the same method that he continued to use non-stop for years, driving the Germans into the madness (mania) of the Nazi atrocities… and… it is the same method that Rush Limbaugh, the right wing commentator uses to pump up an endorphin high in his neo-con listeners… the same method that a fast talking comedian, or fast talking salesman uses.

Darryl is using Bashar “to give importance and authority” to what he says… without Bashar, no one would pay any attention to him… he would be just another voice in the wilderness… Bashar is his ticket to fame and fortune… By speaking as Bashar, the multi-dimensional E.T. living in the future, he has made himself rich and famous… people flock to him because they think they are talking to an E.T…

3)… EMPOWERING YOURSELF… To develop your “spirituality”, you need to have the “confidence” or “self esteem”, to believe that you can do it… but never forget that “empowering yourself” JUST means building up your self esteem, so that you believe in yourself, and that you believe that you are capable of doing what you aspire to do… it is not spirituality itself… and if you take “empowering yourself” too far, it will give you a very big ego, and you will have too much self esteem… causing you to look down on other people as being “inferior” (it will turn you into a “Nazi”)… and then your big ego will keep you from developing your “spirituality”… too little or too much is a problem, you need to “feel” your way, and find “the middle path” (balance).

The only useful thing that Darryl’s site offers is “how to empower yourself”… using the idea of imagining a “new positive reality”, and then dropping the “old negative reality”… you create an avatar of yourself that is the person you want to be, then you assume that avatar as the real you, and then you live it as your “new positive reality”…

Darryl probably used this method on himself… he wanted to be able to channel an E.T… so he created the reality he wanted, and just assumed it… whether he “believes” that Bashar is real, or not, I don’t know… but he has no qualms about deceiving people (he is already blatantly passing off other people’s wisdom, as Bashar’s wisdom)… to him it is just living his dream… and Bashar is an extremely profitable (multi-millions) business venture as well… and he would justify any deception by saying how much good he is doing by helping people to empower themselves… or in Darryl’s own words (from his reply), he has “helped people make positive, self-empowering changes in their lives”…

Other people who claim to be channeling Bashir as well, cannot even prove that they are channeling anything… much less that they are channeling an E.T., a spirit, or Bashar… it is impossible to prove or disprove… any con-man could mimic Bashir, just to get a piece of the action, to cash in on Basher’s “fame” (because Bashar is a very profitable business)… no matter what people “claim” as “proof”, it is impossible to prove or disprove…

In any case, even if Darryl really is channeling Bashar, I would not want to have anything to do with the entity he is channeling… not only because he is deceptive… but also because I don’t trust any entity (human or otherwise) that tries to use a “hypnotic technique” on me… especially when they are not up front about it… a “hypnotic technique” is a “control trip”, that I might use on myself in my meditation practice to “reprogram” myself… but I would never use it on someone else, nor would I allow someone else to use it on me.

4)… THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY… In my opinion, Darryl is just another “spin-off” from the “church of scientology”, because a lot of his methods and morals come from scientology… scientology people are famous for scamming other people… their de-programming methods (called “auditing”) are designed to “hypnotize” people into trusting them completely, then they will victimize people (sucking money & free labor out of them)… then after victimizing them, if they complain, scientology people will then tell them that, “In this life there are no victims, only opportunities”... their “new positive reality” that they have assumed, conveniently shifts the “blame” onto the “victim”… it is the victim’s fault for allowing themselves to be victimized… although it is true to say that it is the victims fault for allowing themselves to be victimized, it is also true to say that the victims were hypnotized into trusting deceptive slime balls who then victimized them…

Quote from Anderson Report… “It is the firm conclusion of this Board that most scientology and dianetic techniques are those of “authoritative hypnosis” and as such are dangerous ... the scientific evidence which the Board heard from several expert witnesses of the highest repute ... leads to the inescapable conclusion that it is only in name that there is any difference between authoritative hypnosis and most of the techniques of scientology. Many scientology techniques are in fact hypnotic techniques, and Hubbard (the founder of “scientology”) has not changed their nature by changing their names.”

This is the “Bashar” site, if you don’t know who he is.

http://www.bashar.org/

I think you may find the four links below, which are articles, all from the same site, to be interesting. The first three articles are about Hypnosis.

http://www.ericksonian.info/history_ericksonian_hypnosis_p1.html

http://www.ericksonian.info/Gilligan1.html

http://www.ericksonian.info/summers_eve_transcript_p3.html

This article is about Qidong.

http://www.ericksonian.info/WEIL1.html

Metta,

Edited by dawg
  • Like 1

Very much agreed. You see your spirit world while I perceive a completely different way of life and illumination. For example..since you believe in hells they manifest in your subjective phase of consciousness regardless if they objectively exist. Or since you believe in reincarnation you re create it for yourself.

Your eye witness is in fact your exploration into your own inner dream state. While you live off imagined past lives and necessary reincarnations..I live off of creating my own essence and realities as I move through change.

Hello Eviander,

It is obvious that you don't believe in reincarnation... while I know it for a fact... I have no fear of death, because I know that I couldn't die even if I wanted too... I believe there is really not need to strive to be "an immortal", because we already are one... we are all immortal whether we like it or not... in my opinion the only thing worth striving for is spiritual attainment...

the spirit world has little to do with my meditation and spiritual practice... but ever since I reached one pointedness (that in Buddhism is called "little nirvana", or "a taste of nirvana")... I sometimes spontaneously find myself able to see and visit the spirit world while wide awake... if I close my eyes I can see and interact with the spirit world, and walk off into the spirit world if i want to... if I open my eyes I can see and interact with the the physical world... close my eyes and be back in the spirit world,,, open my eyes and be back in the physical world, etc... it is an effortless by product of attaining one pointedness... and I can assure you that it is not my imagination that I can see the spirit world, it is your imagination that I cannot see it...

The spirit world is half of our universe... if you deny it,(like science does) you are denying half of our cosmic reality... and the spirit world is the important half, so you deny everything that is important and of value in your life... How do you expect to reach any kind of spiritual attainment, when you don't even believe that there is a spirit world... you cripple yourself... don't think that the universe is only what you are aware of or can imagine, it is also everything that you are not aware of and can't imagine... your brain is just a piece of meat, where do you think your awareness comes from, if not your spirit ?

It is obvious that you don't have the spiritual attainment to see the spirit world and explored it, and talk with spirits... nor have you ever experienced telepathy... if you had, you would realize how easy it is to tell the difference between reality and imagination... the spirit world is nothing like the stuff that comes out of your subconscious mind, which is called "nimitta"... it is very much different than what you might imagine... the spirit world is much more "real" than the physical world (which surprised me)... heavenly beings in the heavenly realms are beautiful beyond anything you could possibly imagine... people on earth sometimes rate a woman or man on a scale of one to ten... on that scale, a heavenly being would rate as a five hundred... it is not just how they look, but also how they talk and laugh, what they say, how they move and gesture, their radiance and perfection, their clothes styles and hair styles, etc... earth people look like monkeys by comparison... the beauty of landscapes, houses, villages and towns is also amazing... while spirits in the ghost realm, could walk past you on the street (and maybe have) and they would look no different than the other people... ghosts are just people waiting to reincarnate, trying to lead a "normal physical life", except that they don't have a physical body... demons in the demon realm are grotesquely ugly and smell of evil, and can assume the shape of a human man or woman, or lizard people, or whatever (they are shape shifters)... and can be charming "silver tongued devils" but are ultimately vicious (they are dangerous and disguise themselves to deceive you)... the only hell realm I have visited, was like visiting an insane asylum that contained the most hopeless cases... it was a flat featureless floor with a featureless void above it (sensual deprivation ?)with grotesquely ugly people dressed in grey rags, glued to the floor about 5 feet apart in every direction, as far as the eye could see... the people ranged from drooling vegetables, to angry glaring people snarling at each other... the people in the heavenly realms looked like people who were spiritually and physically super rich... the people in the hell realm looked like people who were spiritually and physically super poor...

seeing the spirit world, is seeing the other half of our life, and the other half of our universe... by interacting with spirits I have learned very much, that I could only speculate about before... seeing the spirit world is just seeing the other half of our reality... It makes me a whole person who understands how it all fits together... It gives me a "unity" (non duality) that I did not have before... but my goal is enlightenment, everything else is just a by product of attainment as I progress towards that goal.

Metta,

• Like 3

Apologies to dawg et. al. for the tangent.

Well, I was mostly curious why you have such a negative view of Einstein. Now I know.

I'm sure you have better things to do with your time than try to convince me of something I am unlikely to be convinced of ;). Moreover, I know you are unlikely to be convinced to believe other than you now believe, but FYI:

1. At least half of Einsteins best ideas came after his separation from his first wife Mileva Maric.

2. (from Isaccson's "Einstein: His Life and Universe", the most recent Einstein biography and the only one that draws upon all the private letters recently released by Einstein's estate)

So the scientific jealousy accusation seems unfounded to me and hence also the accusation of violent intimidation.

Thank You Creation,

Your comments were very timely and well spoken... Einstein is one of my heros, because he was a very spiritual man, whose spiritual attainment enabled him to see the universe more clearly than other men... he was also able to freely admit a mistake, on the rare occasions that he made one... and when he divorced his first wife Mileva Maric, he gave her all of the money he was to receive from winning the Nobel Prize...

Metta,

• Like 1

I like this post. A Christian, a Muslim, a Jew, a Buddhist, and a Hindu can all look at a mountain and agree that it is a mountain. But when we come to the so-called "spirit world", we are led to a variety of differences. No two people report the "spirit world" the same way.

People who become interested in the "spirit world" are simply exchanging one set of thoughts, feelings, and sensations for another. The truth is not to be found in one set of sensations over another--- the truth is so whether you are in a dream world, a waking world, or a spirit world. Exchanging a prison of iron for one of gold may look better, but the fetters still bind the same.

The Buddha did not teach retreating into a "spirit world", he taught the end of suffering through the cessation of clinging/craving.

Edited by forestofemptiness
  • Like 1

Hey Dawg, if I understand corectly you or somewhat isolated at the moment as you work on your spiritual goals. This raises a question I have? Do you get or feel lonely doing this? If not, why not?